Halloween City Employee Reviews in United States

fun place to work
cashier (Former Employee) –  lansing miJune 27, 2016
Got along with all the co workers and management. hardest part of the day would of been upsetting costumers because we were out of the costume.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 23, 2016
Great first time job. It was fun and provided a valuable learning experience. I gained cash register and money handling experience.
Pros
fun
Cons
seasonal
okay place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 21, 2016
it was some what okay im just thankful i got the chance to work there seasonal store . fun environment
Pros
fun
Cons
paid wrong
Happy atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newton, NJJune 8, 2016
I made lots of close friends with the people I met at Halloween City that I will keep for my lifetime. My typical day at work always left a smile on my face. I learned how to help customers, and how to organize the work place. The management was happy and friendly, and I never had to be afraid of talking about difficulties in the workplace. My coworkers always cheered me up after a rough day at school, and we were a great team. The hardest part of the job was the fact that I couldn't work often enough, but that was what made my time there valuable. My most enjoyable part of the job was the way the children smiled when I helped them pick out the perfect costume.
Pros
Happy atmosphere, first job
fun, entertaining workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIJune 8, 2016
Halloween City, was the most fun job I have held so far. getting to help customer with their needs in costumes was a blast. everyone their was so nice and fun to be around. The environment of the workplace made it a joy to go to work. Management was honest and fair, always giving us new positions to keep things interesting, Came out of their with so many new and improved skills, and some new life long friends.
Pros
Get to wear costumes, fun exciting people, breaks
Cons
its seasonal
Productive, Fun environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLJune 2, 2016
Everyone was very friendly, everyone helped each other out. I felt welcome there. The hardest part of the job was probably looking around and picking up after everyone who just threw the merchandise around, but other then that it was a great job.
Pros
Discounted items
Cons
short breaks
Fun and very professinal
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYMay 27, 2016
I loved this job. Its a great job for someone just now working. I worked good hours but still didn't get too overwhelmed. Made a few friends that I am still in contact with.
Nice and Easy Work
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 20, 2016
I enjoyed it and would go back if they needed help in the fall. I really enjoyed the people I worked with and they were very flexible with my school schedule which was really a plus.
Busy and productive atmosphere
Seasonal Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 16, 2016
At any moment you can be on call. Coming in you get assigned either to be a cashier or on the sales floor; sometimes both. We greet all customers and provide help to their needs.Working here I learned retail and sales. How to do inventory, sale products, and keep good communication among customers and co-workers. Also learned how to enjoy and have fun while doing my job. Though there were some challenges, retail was new to me to convince a customer why they needed a product with the right communication, started off difficult but became to over come it. Overall the working environment is really enjoyable.
Pros
Fun place to work at
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 4, 2016
I enjoyed working at Halloween City for the short time I did,(being a seasonal job). It was really fun, great environment and a great experience, I would gladly work there again.
Amazing work inviornment with fun and friendly employees
Cashier, Floor assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIApril 26, 2016
Halloween City was an amazing experience. Everyone was friendly from the other employees to the management. Another pro is all of the interesting people you meet there, those who love Halloween and go all out on costumes and decoration or those who have no idea what they want but want it big! and Halloween city employees are there to assist an any was possible. On weekends we were allowed to wear the costumes while helping the customers to help give them idea of what they want and for a more friendly environment when shopping.
Pros
able to wear costumes
Cons
only a sesonal job
Super fun!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaApril 15, 2016
I had a great time working here! I had fun seeing all of the different costumes and decorations. I loved piecing outfits together for customers. I loved that I could wear the hats or funky headbands or the boas during my shift. There were two things that I did not like about this job: working the fitting room and walking along the road with the Halloween City sign. Every time I was placed on the fitting room, I felt like dying. It seemed like 50% of the people that were trying on costumes had no intention whatsoever to buy them. And they always picked out the costumes that were super hard to fold and put back in the bag. Plus, there were some people that had some serious body odor and when they would hand me the costume, I wanted to burn it and charge them for it. Whatever you do, refuse the fitting room!
Pros
Fun environment, play with costumes
Cons
Rude customers & the terrible fitting room
Unorganized Managment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, UT 84405April 11, 2016
A typical day of work would consist of repairing items, repricing items, and being a cashier. My manager would favor the employees, letting others slack off because they were her friends. She would also assign blame. When the area manager would tell my manager she needed to change things, or that she wasn't doing things properly, she would assign the blame to the employees that she didn't like much. The hardest part of the job was working with unhappy customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see all the new costumes and decorations.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
short breaks, stressful environment
Fun and Exciting Environment!!!
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYMarch 23, 2016
I absolutely loved working at Halloween City. It was fast paced most days. I loved helping customers find costumes and accessories to make their Halloween and memorable one. There were times I helped create costumes with customers out of other costumes when what they had in mind was not what we had available. Made some lasting friendships after the season ended. The hardest part of the job i would say was probably when it was super packed the closer it got to Halloween. But otherwise the job was pretty straightforward. Sadly the job was only seasonal but I would love to work there again.
everything was awesome
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTMarch 14, 2016
the management was incredible, the co workers were very sweet and there were no hard parts to the job because i was considered one of their best sales associates!
Pros
great pay and amazing management!
Fun and Hard Working
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMarch 14, 2016
Working at Halloween City was both extremely fun and tiring, the people I worked with were nice and funny and if I could I would work there for the rest of my life just because it was a place where I was able to be myself and still be responsible about my work, plus it was my very first job so it helped me with work experience and my confidence.
Pros
Fun working environment, friendly coworkers, confidence boost.
fun place
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORMarch 9, 2016
Meet some new people, help people find the costumes that the want, good coworkers controlled temperature, get to wear costumes during work
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, COMarch 2, 2016
Fun and enjoyable workplace and cool people to work with. Very easy going job. Definitely worth working at. Had a lot of fun working there.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 1, 2016
A day at work at Halloween city was educating, I learned customer service skills and retail skill, along with communication skills. Management was organized and well mannered. My co-workers were very well put together, hard workers and easy going.
Great Company!
Regional Install Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 18, 2016
Love the people I worked with and would be back there in a heart beat. They work with you and the job itself is great. Great bosses and fun environment to be in.

4.2