Halloween City

Halloween City United States Employee Reviews

productive clean and fun work enviroment
floor supervisor (Former Employee), Gig Harbor, WAApril 15, 2015
Pros: advancement
Cons: none
I absolutely loved working for this company, I started out doing stocking and inventory, floor sales, cashier and worked my way up to being floor supervisor, it was a fun and fast paced job, was always busy doing something productive.
Had fun working for Halloween City, wished they'd hired me sooner.
Store Associate (Former Employee), Woodbury, NJApril 13, 2015
Pros: Easy going management.
Cons: They didn't pay me for all time worked.
Had fun working for them. Applied back in September 2014. Didn't get a call back till' mid-October. The managers were nice and easy going, but unfortunately they forgot to send all my time sheets up to corporate, and I was not paid for all of my time worked. Was promised to be a part of a cleanup team in November of that year, but they never called me. Liked working there though. Had fun helping customers. Wish I worked there sooner, when it was still a dollar store back in 04'.
Loved working here~
Seasonal Halloween Specialist (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAApril 11, 2015
For holiday work this is one of the best places to work for and the best time of year. It was a pleasure to work for the company and will do so again.
Productive and fast paced work environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE, CASHEIR (Former Employee), Mcallen, TXApril 9, 2015
A typical day at Halloween City would be fast paced and extremely intense. There was no down time. Registers were always busy and the floor always needed picking up. Management was wonderful and such a great help when i was faced with a challenge i could not face alone
Horribly greedy
Team Associate (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, OHMarch 30, 2015
There is no room for advancement what so ever unless you are a friend or family member of higher up management. The pay is horrible for all of the stress and dangerous working environments.
The Most Enjoyable Part of My Job
Associate (Former Employee), Rocky River and North Olmsted, OhioMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Discount on Product
Cons: Location could not be on the same premises or city due to occupancy
Working at Halloween City/USA has always been a fun experience for me. Halloween City has always been a second job, and as long as you meet the everyday requirements of the job, room for advancement is optional. If growing through this company is not what is right for you, there is always great employee recognition programs such as employee of the week, where you are awarded with a certificate and some kind of gift card of sorts. Each year working for the company, I have been recognized for my work; organization, cleanliness, going above and beyond, outstanding customer service. The best part about working for Halloween City is you get to look at Halloween decorations and costumes all day, help guests find their Halloween theme for the year, and help to set up displays
Great Company to work for
Cashier/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Taylor, MIMarch 13, 2015
Pros: love the people and the store product
Cons: pay
Friendly people. My favorite time of the year. Like working with the public some interesting people shop there get to see some of the same people every year as they come back to the store and buy more product.
It sucked
Cashier (Former Employee), Lumberton, NJMarch 6, 2015
I hated working here because the management team was awful It was my first job and I knew more about running the company than they did. I never made one error on the register
seasonal fun!
Asst. Manger (Former Employee), McAllen, TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: 30% off employee discounts and free pizza days.
Cons: short 15 mintue breaks no lunch unless manager approves
My typical day at work was when the employee was schedule to come to work and he/she had no call no show. It would really mess up the schedule and especially 2 days before Halloween. This is when we are the busiest. We have lot's of fun when things are going well.
a very fun place to work n show how creative you can be
Executive Manager (Former Employee), North Bergen, NJFebruary 24, 2015
Opening and closing store.
Took in inventory and transfers of exports.
Sales, money drops and headed other employees for better profitability.
Customer service
Set up the other stores
my co-workers are nice
setting up the store and taking it down
being able to dress up in costumes for work
Fun Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Laurel, MDFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: weekly pay, open communication, work ethic
Cons: district manager, short hours, surroundings
Halloween City, the sister store to Party City, is a fun filled work environment that sells Costumes and accessories to customers. Although small inventory, no customer has ever had a complaint with our stock or staff. If there was an issue, I blame the District Manager, not the in-store staff. Our DM was very new to his position and could not handle his duties resulting in a payroll that was a week behind schedule and much inconvenience to his employees. One out of many incidents, I quit my position earlier than the ending season.
Good Workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Good People, good employees, good staff, perfect seasonal job and a great place to get the basics in everyday places of employment.
halloween
Manager (Former Employee), Newington, CTFebruary 19, 2015
seasonal job. hard work to manage a store but works out at the end. the best part to make the custimers happy. alot of room to move up.
Retail,
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Harrisonburg, VAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: store discount
Cons: pay
Got to meet new people, fun place to work, especially around holidays, The pay is on the low end but a nice 2nd job or extra money job,
Fun place to work with an excellent team!
Cashier Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mountain View CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great company (co-workers)
By far this has been my favorite job because we all worked as a team to get things done. Everyone was very friendly, outgoing, and respectful!
Fun Halloween Job
General Manager (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: seasonal
Cons: lack of breaks, no great training
The job itself was a little daunting with no professional training but I did figure it out pretty much myself. I'm very hands on and they didn't offer training till the season was almost over. So i never knew if I was doing a correct job or not. I learned that management is not an easy job and takes work to get it right, takes patience and a lot of energy. The hardest part of the job was being on call all the time. No breaks or days off really.
Exciting work opportunity
Store Manager (Former Employee), Bowie MDJanuary 14, 2015
Toughest part was building and tearing down new locations at begginning and end of season
Friendly and fun environment where you get to wear costumes.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: can wear costumes and a good retail experience.
Cons: minimum wadge and expensive costumes.
You spend a long time on your feet but everyone is very laid back. Sometimes you get managers that have no idea what they are doing but for the most part they are very helpful and keep the craziness of the store to a minimal.
Productive and fun workplace with great upper managment!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lees Summit, MOJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great upper management, high energy, always kept busy with one thing or another, etc.
I often opened the store more than I closed it, which meant turning on all the lights, balancing and opening cash registers, checking all animatronics and inflating all inflatables and setting up all stations for the day. Upper management was very understand and flexible when need be and in return, I was the first to volunteer for extra hours that needed picked up or busy days where other were needed to come in early. I loved being able to help costumers either find their costume or put it together, and even did costume make-up for tips Halloween night after a certain employee promised multiple people of such and then quit and began threatening the store and everyone in it. This employee incident also lead to plenty of police contact that myself and main management handled often to keep our store and employee's safe. Crowds got CRAZY the closer it got to the holiday and there was often entire days in a row where I was literally running back and forth across the store non-stop making sure to help and and every customer. It was a lot of hard work but the best working experience I have ever had <3
Excellent Temporary Position
General Manager (Former Employee), Yuba City, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: fun, fast paced enviornment
Cons: temporary
Halloween City is an excellent temporary company to work for. My Market Manager provided excellent resources, yet allowed me the leverage to run my store in the most effective way possible.

1 2 3 4 5