Halloween City Employee Reviews in United States

Happy atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newton, NJJune 8, 2016
I made lots of close friends with the people I met at Halloween City that I will keep for my lifetime. My typical day at work always left a smile on my face. I learned how to help customers, and how to organize the work place. The management was happy and friendly, and I never had to be afraid of talking about difficulties in the workplace. My coworkers always cheered me up after a rough day at school, and we were a great team. The hardest part of the job was the fact that I couldn't work often enough, but that was what made my time there valuable. My most enjoyable part of the job was the way the children smiled when I helped them pick out the perfect costume.
Pros
Happy atmosphere, first job
fun, entertaining workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIJune 8, 2016
Halloween City, was the most fun job I have held so far. getting to help customer with their needs in costumes was a blast. everyone their was so nice and fun to be around. The environment of the workplace made it a joy to go to work. Management was honest and fair, always giving us new positions to keep things interesting, Came out of their with so many new and improved skills, and some new life long friends.
Pros
Get to wear costumes, fun exciting people, breaks
Cons
its seasonal
attempt customer service and no one will be the wiser
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJuly 8, 2016
You are not really monitored to do well, nor encouraged for that matter.
As long as you answer questions for customers, stock items and, clean messes, no one in management will bother you. Hard work is not paid off.
Pros
fun enviroment, wear one of the costumes for halloween in the store
Cons
short shifts, no 8 hour shifts, expect 10-20 hours a week
Busy and productive atmosphere
Seasonal Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 16, 2016
At any moment you can be on call. Coming in you get assigned either to be a cashier or on the sales floor; sometimes both. We greet all customers and provide help to their needs.Working here I learned retail and sales. How to do inventory, sale products, and keep good communication among customers and co-workers. Also learned how to enjoy and have fun while doing my job. Though there were some challenges, retail was new to me to convince a customer why they needed a product with the right communication, started off difficult but became to over come it. Overall the working environment is really enjoyable.
Pros
Fun place to work at
Cons
Fun place to work with interesting products
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Laurel Springs, NJAugust 16, 2016
The typical day at work was always fast paced and fun. We could dress up in different costumes and enthuse customers about our products. End the day with meeting last customers and make sure store is clean. Count the registers and take deposit to bank.
Pros
Free lunch every Saturday, fun work environment.
Cons
Seasonal
i loved it
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAAugust 5, 2016
I loved working here. I started off as a sells associate an with in 2 weeks I was assistant manager. it was super easy to move up the ladder there. I enjoyed every day working there. I hope to some day live closer to another one so I can grab me a job working there again. I highly recommend this job to anyone looking for a temp job.
Pros
discounts
Cons
very busy
Amazing work inviornment with fun and friendly employees
Cashier, Floor assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIApril 26, 2016
Halloween City was an amazing experience. Everyone was friendly from the other employees to the management. Another pro is all of the interesting people you meet there, those who love Halloween and go all out on costumes and decoration or those who have no idea what they want but want it big! and Halloween city employees are there to assist an any was possible. On weekends we were allowed to wear the costumes while helping the customers to help give them idea of what they want and for a more friendly environment when shopping.
Pros
able to wear costumes
Cons
only a sesonal job
Unorganized Managment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, UT 84405April 11, 2016
A typical day of work would consist of repairing items, repricing items, and being a cashier. My manager would favor the employees, letting others slack off because they were her friends. She would also assign blame. When the area manager would tell my manager she needed to change things, or that she wasn't doing things properly, she would assign the blame to the employees that she didn't like much. The hardest part of the job was working with unhappy customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see all the new costumes and decorations.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
short breaks, stressful environment
Fun and Exciting Environment!!!
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYMarch 23, 2016
I absolutely loved working at Halloween City. It was fast paced most days. I loved helping customers find costumes and accessories to make their Halloween and memorable one. There were times I helped create costumes with customers out of other costumes when what they had in mind was not what we had available. Made some lasting friendships after the season ended. The hardest part of the job i would say was probably when it was super packed the closer it got to Halloween. But otherwise the job was pretty straightforward. Sadly the job was only seasonal but I would love to work there again.
Awesome Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 11, 2016
I had the best experience working here. My managers were all super helpful and accommodating, the other employees were all great people, and the environment itself was very laid-back. Plus, Halloween is the best holiday so working for a store dedicated to Halloween was the actual best.
Productive, Fun environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLJune 2, 2016
Everyone was very friendly, everyone helped each other out. I felt welcome there. The hardest part of the job was probably looking around and picking up after everyone who just threw the merchandise around, but other then that it was a great job.
Pros
Discounted items
Cons
short breaks
Super fun!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaApril 15, 2016
I had a great time working here! I had fun seeing all of the different costumes and decorations. I loved piecing outfits together for customers. I loved that I could wear the hats or funky headbands or the boas during my shift. There were two things that I did not like about this job: working the fitting room and walking along the road with the Halloween City sign. Every time I was placed on the fitting room, I felt like dying. It seemed like 50% of the people that were trying on costumes had no intention whatsoever to buy them. And they always picked out the costumes that were super hard to fold and put back in the bag. Plus, there were some people that had some serious body odor and when they would hand me the costume, I wanted to burn it and charge them for it. Whatever you do, refuse the fitting room!
Pros
Fun environment, play with costumes
Cons
Rude customers & the terrible fitting room
Fun and Hard Working
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMarch 14, 2016
Working at Halloween City was both extremely fun and tiring, the people I worked with were nice and funny and if I could I would work there for the rest of my life just because it was a place where I was able to be myself and still be responsible about my work, plus it was my very first job so it helped me with work experience and my confidence.
Pros
Fun working environment, friendly coworkers, confidence boost.
Fun dressing in costumes
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, OHJuly 5, 2016
Enjoy working there during the Halloween season, and especially this past year, when management had me to dress in costume outside of the store to get people to shop in the store.
Pros
Fun dressing costumes
Cons
Only a seasonal job
Fun work place, friendly co-workers
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 12, 2016
Halloween City was actually a fun place to work. I worked with a variety of different types of people. There was never a dull moment there. Our manager was also great! The best part of the job was closer to Halloween when us employees got to dress up as different characters each day. But the hardest part was on the day before, and the day of Halloween, the store was super busy, like Black Friday busy. Everyone was being pulled five different directions by customers trying to get that last minute shopping done.
Pros
Flexible schedule, off in time to get dinner done before husband came home from work.
Cons
Extremely busy
day at work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAJuly 27, 2016
Apop up store by party city. If you like dodging screaming children and picking up large amounts of things that people rip apart and toss all over the ground then this is the job for you. This job is terrible.
Pros
Cons
everything
Festive and welcoming work place
Fort Wayne Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 20, 2016
I learned how to run a cash register and help customers find costumes and decorations for Halloween. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful through the learning process.
Fun work place , poor payout
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hillside, ILJuly 5, 2016
Fun work place , poor salary , I think $7 an hour was not good enough for the excellent work and sales I did in the store

I like working there but the pay wasn't good at all.
Great seasonal job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 3, 2016
Worked consisted of stocking shelves with merchandise each day and displaying the merchandise in a presentable, simplified layout for the benefit of customers. I learned how to organize the merchandise into appropriate sections based on which target markets the store meant to sell to; I also learned how to use a cash register for the first time, which was much more simple than I expected. Management was pleasant on average except in times of store rushes. The co-workers were lively and responsible people who did their jobs as needed. The hardest part of the job was to deal with store rushes. The most enjoyable part of the job was walking down the isles and looking at the variety of costumes that the store had to sell.
Pros
Employee discount, flexible hours
Cons
distraught managers
Fun and very professinal
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYMay 27, 2016
I loved this job. Its a great job for someone just now working. I worked good hours but still didn't get too overwhelmed. Made a few friends that I am still in contact with.

4.2