Halloween City

Halloween City Employee Reviews

fun work place
Salesman (Former Employee), Warren, MIMay 22, 2015
Pros: dressing up, discounts, fun people to work with
Cons: standing on feet, customers stealing
The hardest part was to watch everyone some teenagers would go in there and steal what ever they could get their hands on so i had to keep a eye on them.
Great Seasonal Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Orange, CTMay 22, 2015
Halloween City was one of the most fun jobs I had. My coworkers were wonderful and the job itself wasn't hard. It was typical retail, but being a specialty store keep it from being boring.
Fun family friendly environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hurst, TXMay 15, 2015
Pros: Fun working envirnoment
Cons: Low pay
I loved working for Halloween City. I learned a lot from this job I learned a lot about different cultures. I loved helping everybody with finding Halloween costumes and decorations. I learned everybody has their own way of doing Halloween with their children. The first year of working at Halloween City the management was awesome. I become close friends with everybody from the works to the manager. I loved going to this job everyday and hated when I was off. The hardest party about the job was the breaking down of the store. After Halloween the store would still be open for a few days. Those last few days the employees start packing unsold items into a boxes and breaking down shelves. Nothing about the job was to hard to me though. I loved every minute of it. The most enjoyable part was coming to work everyday and working with the public.
It was a seasonal job that help me find what I really want to focus on.
Customer Associate (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Friendly environment
Cons: Not enough hours
A typical day of work was normal in helping customer with purchase and finding the product they want. Keeping the store clean and free of trash. Placing and restocking products on the self so it can be found in the proper place.
fun atmosphere and a subject i know very much about
Executive Manager (Current Employee), peoria ilMay 8, 2015
When I got this job, everyone that knows me said it was like the mother ship calling me home. My employees like me because I'm fair as well as being able to run a tight ship. I have excellent customer service skills and when it comes to the halloween industry, I know lots of makeup tips to help the customer and I can up sell almost every sell.
hardest part of the job is when someone calls in and i can't find a replacement and the customers aren't getting the individual attention they need and possible have to wait in line longer than I like them have to. I have a few employees that have been there for 2 years or more that know the products and the store and they would be a great asset to have again this year.
what i learned
Executive Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXMay 7, 2015
Pros: team work
Cons: short breaks.
what I learned at Halloween city was, great costumer service always put the costumer first and be friendly. I also learned fast money counting and scheduling I learned how to listen to what exactly a costumer is asking for.
fun work environment
Store Associate / Temporary (Former Employee), Paramus, NJApril 25, 2015
My overall Experience in the work force with the type of employment I have, has taught me patience, team work, dedication.
productive clean and fun work enviroment
floor supervisor (Former Employee), Gig Harbor, WAApril 15, 2015
Pros: advancement
Cons: none
I absolutely loved working for this company, I started out doing stocking and inventory, floor sales, cashier and worked my way up to being floor supervisor, it was a fun and fast paced job, was always busy doing something productive.
Had fun working for Halloween City, wished they'd hired me sooner.
Store Associate (Former Employee), Woodbury, NJApril 13, 2015
Pros: Easy going management.
Cons: They didn't pay me for all time worked.
Had fun working for them. Applied back in September 2014. Didn't get a call back till' mid-October. The managers were nice and easy going, but unfortunately they forgot to send all my time sheets up to corporate, and I was not paid for all of my time worked. Was promised to be a part of a cleanup team in November of that year, but they never called me. Liked working there though. Had fun helping customers. Wish I worked there sooner, when it was still a dollar store back in 04'.
Loved working here~
Seasonal Halloween Specialist (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAApril 11, 2015
For holiday work this is one of the best places to work for and the best time of year. It was a pleasure to work for the company and will do so again.
Productive and fast paced work environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE, CASHEIR (Former Employee), Mcallen, TXApril 9, 2015
A typical day at Halloween City would be fast paced and extremely intense. There was no down time. Registers were always busy and the floor always needed picking up. Management was wonderful and such a great help when i was faced with a challenge i could not face alone
Horribly greedy
Team Associate (Former Employee), Jeffersonville, OHMarch 30, 2015
There is no room for advancement what so ever unless you are a friend or family member of higher up management. The pay is horrible for all of the stress and dangerous working environments.
The Most Enjoyable Part of My Job
Associate (Former Employee), Rocky River and North Olmsted, OhioMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Discount on Product
Cons: Location could not be on the same premises or city due to occupancy
Working at Halloween City/USA has always been a fun experience for me. Halloween City has always been a second job, and as long as you meet the everyday requirements of the job, room for advancement is optional. If growing through this company is not what is right for you, there is always great employee recognition programs such as employee of the week, where you are awarded with a certificate and some kind of gift card of sorts. Each year working for the company, I have been recognized for my work; organization, cleanliness, going above and beyond, outstanding customer service. The best part about working for Halloween City is you get to look at Halloween decorations and costumes all day, help guests find their Halloween theme for the year, and help to set up displays
Great Company to work for
Cashier/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Taylor, MIMarch 13, 2015
Pros: love the people and the store product
Cons: pay
Friendly people. My favorite time of the year. Like working with the public some interesting people shop there get to see some of the same people every year as they come back to the store and buy more product.
It sucked
Cashier (Former Employee), Lumberton, NJMarch 6, 2015
I hated working here because the management team was awful It was my first job and I knew more about running the company than they did. I never made one error on the register
seasonal fun!
Asst. Manger (Former Employee), McAllen, TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: 30% off employee discounts and free pizza days.
Cons: short 15 mintue breaks no lunch unless manager approves
My typical day at work was when the employee was schedule to come to work and he/she had no call no show. It would really mess up the schedule and especially 2 days before Halloween. This is when we are the busiest. We have lot's of fun when things are going well.
a very fun place to work n show how creative you can be
Executive Manager (Former Employee), North Bergen, NJFebruary 24, 2015
Opening and closing store.
Took in inventory and transfers of exports.
Sales, money drops and headed other employees for better profitability.
Customer service
Set up the other stores
my co-workers are nice
setting up the store and taking it down
being able to dress up in costumes for work
Fun Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Laurel, MDFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: weekly pay, open communication, work ethic
Cons: district manager, short hours, surroundings
Halloween City, the sister store to Party City, is a fun filled work environment that sells Costumes and accessories to customers. Although small inventory, no customer has ever had a complaint with our stock or staff. If there was an issue, I blame the District Manager, not the in-store staff. Our DM was very new to his position and could not handle his duties resulting in a payroll that was a week behind schedule and much inconvenience to his employees. One out of many incidents, I quit my position earlier than the ending season.
Good Workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 19, 2015
Good People, good employees, good staff, perfect seasonal job and a great place to get the basics in everyday places of employment.
halloween
Manager (Former Employee), Newington, CTFebruary 19, 2015
seasonal job. hard work to manage a store but works out at the end. the best part to make the custimers happy. alot of room to move up.

1 2 3 4 5