Halloween City Employee Reviews in United States

sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NJAugust 18, 2016
Pros/ very fun work environment, everyone was so nice and willing to help in any way needed. a normal day was stocking and helping guests find a product.
Fun and exciting place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 16, 2016
All the little kids that came in made my day. Being surrounded by halloween spirits and vibes was the best part of October.
Fun place to work with interesting products
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Laurel Springs, NJAugust 16, 2016
The typical day at work was always fast paced and fun. We could dress up in different costumes and enthuse customers about our products. End the day with meeting last customers and make sure store is clean. Count the registers and take deposit to bank.
Pros
Free lunch every Saturday, fun work environment.
Cons
Seasonal
i loved it
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAAugust 5, 2016
I loved working here. I started off as a sells associate an with in 2 weeks I was assistant manager. it was super easy to move up the ladder there. I enjoyed every day working there. I hope to some day live closer to another one so I can grab me a job working there again. I highly recommend this job to anyone looking for a temp job.
Pros
discounts
Cons
very busy
day at work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAJuly 27, 2016
Apop up store by party city. If you like dodging screaming children and picking up large amounts of things that people rip apart and toss all over the ground then this is the job for you. This job is terrible.
Pros
Cons
everything
Good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FLJuly 27, 2016
Working for Halloween city was a nice experience manager where nice and everything was organized it was not to hectic only on Halloween but that was expected.
Festive and welcoming work place
Fort Wayne Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 20, 2016
I learned how to run a cash register and help customers find costumes and decorations for Halloween. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful through the learning process.
Awesome Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 11, 2016
I had the best experience working here. My managers were all super helpful and accommodating, the other employees were all great people, and the environment itself was very laid-back. Plus, Halloween is the best holiday so working for a store dedicated to Halloween was the actual best.
attempt customer service and no one will be the wiser
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJuly 8, 2016
You are not really monitored to do well, nor encouraged for that matter.
As long as you answer questions for customers, stock items and, clean messes, no one in management will bother you. Hard work is not paid off.
Pros
fun enviroment, wear one of the costumes for halloween in the store
Cons
short shifts, no 8 hour shifts, expect 10-20 hours a week
Fun dressing in costumes
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Bainbridge, OHJuly 5, 2016
Enjoy working there during the Halloween season, and especially this past year, when management had me to dress in costume outside of the store to get people to shop in the store.
Pros
Fun dressing costumes
Cons
Only a seasonal job
Fun work place , poor payout
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hillside, ILJuly 5, 2016
Fun work place , poor salary , I think $7 an hour was not good enough for the excellent work and sales I did in the store

I like working there but the pay wasn't good at all.
fun place to work
cashier (Former Employee) –  lansing miJune 27, 2016
Got along with all the co workers and management. hardest part of the day would of been upsetting costumers because we were out of the costume.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 23, 2016
Great first time job. It was fun and provided a valuable learning experience. I gained cash register and money handling experience.
Pros
fun
Cons
seasonal
okay place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 21, 2016
it was some what okay im just thankful i got the chance to work there seasonal store . fun environment
Pros
fun
Cons
paid wrong
Happy atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newton, NJJune 8, 2016
I made lots of close friends with the people I met at Halloween City that I will keep for my lifetime. My typical day at work always left a smile on my face. I learned how to help customers, and how to organize the work place. The management was happy and friendly, and I never had to be afraid of talking about difficulties in the workplace. My coworkers always cheered me up after a rough day at school, and we were a great team. The hardest part of the job was the fact that I couldn't work often enough, but that was what made my time there valuable. My most enjoyable part of the job was the way the children smiled when I helped them pick out the perfect costume.
Pros
Happy atmosphere, first job
fun, entertaining workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIJune 8, 2016
Halloween City, was the most fun job I have held so far. getting to help customer with their needs in costumes was a blast. everyone their was so nice and fun to be around. The environment of the workplace made it a joy to go to work. Management was honest and fair, always giving us new positions to keep things interesting, Came out of their with so many new and improved skills, and some new life long friends.
Pros
Get to wear costumes, fun exciting people, breaks
Cons
its seasonal
Productive, Fun environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLJune 2, 2016
Everyone was very friendly, everyone helped each other out. I felt welcome there. The hardest part of the job was probably looking around and picking up after everyone who just threw the merchandise around, but other then that it was a great job.
Pros
Discounted items
Cons
short breaks
Fun and very professinal
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYMay 27, 2016
I loved this job. Its a great job for someone just now working. I worked good hours but still didn't get too overwhelmed. Made a few friends that I am still in contact with.
Nice and Easy Work
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 20, 2016
I enjoyed it and would go back if they needed help in the fall. I really enjoyed the people I worked with and they were very flexible with my school schedule which was really a plus.
Busy and productive atmosphere
Seasonal Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 16, 2016
At any moment you can be on call. Coming in you get assigned either to be a cashier or on the sales floor; sometimes both. We greet all customers and provide help to their needs.Working here I learned retail and sales. How to do inventory, sale products, and keep good communication among customers and co-workers. Also learned how to enjoy and have fun while doing my job. Though there were some challenges, retail was new to me to convince a customer why they needed a product with the right communication, started off difficult but became to over come it. Overall the working environment is really enjoyable.
Pros
Fun place to work at

4.2