Halloween City Employee Reviews in United States

Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 4, 2016
I enjoyed working at Halloween City for the short time I did,(being a seasonal job). It was really fun, great environment and a great experience, I would gladly work there again.
Amazing work inviornment with fun and friendly employees
Cashier, Floor assistant (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIApril 26, 2016
Halloween City was an amazing experience. Everyone was friendly from the other employees to the management. Another pro is all of the interesting people you meet there, those who love Halloween and go all out on costumes and decoration or those who have no idea what they want but want it big! and Halloween city employees are there to assist an any was possible. On weekends we were allowed to wear the costumes while helping the customers to help give them idea of what they want and for a more friendly environment when shopping.
Pros
able to wear costumes
Cons
only a sesonal job
Super fun!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaApril 15, 2016
I had a great time working here! I had fun seeing all of the different costumes and decorations. I loved piecing outfits together for customers. I loved that I could wear the hats or funky headbands or the boas during my shift. There were two things that I did not like about this job: working the fitting room and walking along the road with the Halloween City sign. Every time I was placed on the fitting room, I felt like dying. It seemed like 50% of the people that were trying on costumes had no intention whatsoever to buy them. And they always picked out the costumes that were super hard to fold and put back in the bag. Plus, there were some people that had some serious body odor and when they would hand me the costume, I wanted to burn it and charge them for it. Whatever you do, refuse the fitting room!
Pros
Fun environment, play with costumes
Cons
Rude customers & the terrible fitting room
Unorganized Managment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, UT 84405April 11, 2016
A typical day of work would consist of repairing items, repricing items, and being a cashier. My manager would favor the employees, letting others slack off because they were her friends. She would also assign blame. When the area manager would tell my manager she needed to change things, or that she wasn't doing things properly, she would assign the blame to the employees that she didn't like much. The hardest part of the job was working with unhappy customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see all the new costumes and decorations.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
short breaks, stressful environment
Fun and Exciting Environment!!!
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYMarch 23, 2016
I absolutely loved working at Halloween City. It was fast paced most days. I loved helping customers find costumes and accessories to make their Halloween and memorable one. There were times I helped create costumes with customers out of other costumes when what they had in mind was not what we had available. Made some lasting friendships after the season ended. The hardest part of the job i would say was probably when it was super packed the closer it got to Halloween. But otherwise the job was pretty straightforward. Sadly the job was only seasonal but I would love to work there again.
everything was awesome
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTMarch 14, 2016
the management was incredible, the co workers were very sweet and there were no hard parts to the job because i was considered one of their best sales associates!
Pros
great pay and amazing management!
Fun and Hard Working
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDMarch 14, 2016
Working at Halloween City was both extremely fun and tiring, the people I worked with were nice and funny and if I could I would work there for the rest of my life just because it was a place where I was able to be myself and still be responsible about my work, plus it was my very first job so it helped me with work experience and my confidence.
Pros
Fun working environment, friendly coworkers, confidence boost.
fun place
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORMarch 9, 2016
Meet some new people, help people find the costumes that the want, good coworkers controlled temperature, get to wear costumes during work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, COMarch 2, 2016
Fun and enjoyable workplace and cool people to work with. Very easy going job. Definitely worth working at. Had a lot of fun working there.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 1, 2016
A day at work at Halloween city was educating, I learned customer service skills and retail skill, along with communication skills. Management was organized and well mannered. My co-workers were very well put together, hard workers and easy going.
Great Company!
Regional Install Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 18, 2016
Love the people I worked with and would be back there in a heart beat. They work with you and the job itself is great. Great bosses and fun environment to be in.
Fun Enviornment
Assistant Manager-Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 15, 2016
Fun environment but company culture could use some work. They are a bit unorganized so if you start working here, you are your best advocate.
Very fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 14, 2016
Very fun & upbeat seasonal job. Lots of fun even when it's busy & chaotic.Very rewarding to take part in building up a store thats empty & assembling racks & seeing the finished built up & running store.
Pros
Discounts, get to dress up at work
Cons
only seasonal
Very fun and exciting work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAFebruary 14, 2016
the job was very fun and i have no complaints about it what so every just wished the job would have lasted year round, would've been amazing
Fun work place, friendly co-workers
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 12, 2016
Halloween City was actually a fun place to work. I worked with a variety of different types of people. There was never a dull moment there. Our manager was also great! The best part of the job was closer to Halloween when us employees got to dress up as different characters each day. But the hardest part was on the day before, and the day of Halloween, the store was super busy, like Black Friday busy. Everyone was being pulled five different directions by customers trying to get that last minute shopping done.
Pros
Flexible schedule, off in time to get dinner done before husband came home from work.
Cons
Extremely busy
Temp. Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TexasFebruary 11, 2016
I knew alot of co-workers so it was fun. The managers were cool always saying how a hard worker i was. The most enjoyable part of my jobs was meeting new poeple
Enjoyed my experience
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIFebruary 9, 2016
Was only seasonal but it was rewarding and a good new experience of retail and I would have wished it was not seasonal. My associates were always happy and loved Halloween so it made it easier to get things done.
Pros
relaxed fun place work place
Cons
Not permanent
productive and fun workplace for Halloween
Store Clerk (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHFebruary 8, 2016
A very fun place to work during the Halloween season. Fast paced and entertaining. Co-workers and Management were all great to work with and very helpful.
Pros
discount on inventory
Cons
seasonal and low hours
Overall Experience
Temp Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 4, 2016
My overall experience working at Halloween City was good and lots of good people working around. Would recommend others to come next halloween season.
Best place I ever worked for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 1, 2016
I loved my job at Halloween city. The managers were amazing and extremely comfortable and kind. They listened to my concerns and ideas and gave me the freedom and trust to advance in my career.

Every day I would show up and they would assign me my cash drawer after that they trusted me to man the front of the store and I was given a walkie-talkie to contact other co-workers while I worked. It was a very laid back environment and extremely fun place to work.

My co-workers were very nice and helpful and hard working. They hired a lot of people on probation and I felt that was very kind of them. Some of the best co-workers I had were there for probation mandatory but they were very kind and hard working.

The hardest part of the job was keeping the storey clean and organized. We got extremely busy at times and it made keeping everything clean very difficult.
Pros
freedom, trust, kind co workers, nice managers, fun environment
Cons
occasional breaks, very busy, hard to keep organized (Still not bad cons)

4.2