Halloween City Employee Reviews

Fun Company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMarch 22, 2017
Halloween City was very easy to advance for and to gain much management knowledge. They allowed myself to come in at an asst manager position and leave in general manager position for 3 years. I enjoyed my seasonal work and was sad to see them not come back to my town.
Pros
FUN
Cons
NONE
Very Fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 21, 2017
Halloween City is a very fun company to work for. You will learn how to work with all types of customers and how to deal with every situation you are approached with.
Pros
Workplace Fun
Cons
Stressfull
Fun seasonal job
Cashier-Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXMarch 19, 2017
This job was amazing. Halloween is my favorite holiday. The other workers were so fun and we got to dress up daily! Over time I did really well on the registers and that became my duty every shift. I love interacting with people.
Good part time work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMarch 10, 2017
Loved working with the customer getting the right outfit for Halloween. A great overall environment to work in. I learned how to build a store from the ground up and then remove it after Halloween.
Fun helping people be anything they wanted.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYMarch 2, 2017
Even though this was a seasonal job I really enjoyed. It was hard work but so much enjoyment. Went from building a temporary store to selling within a week or two. To helping people be anything that they want to be. After Halloween was over packing it away for next year.
Pros
The look on peoples faces.
Cons
That it wasn't longer.
The Best!
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 23, 2017
The environment at Halloween City was probably the most fun I've had. They have fun and they're not too worried about how you look or the way you go about doing things as long as you get the job done.
seasonal
Sale Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  East Hanover, NJFebruary 21, 2017
its a nice layed back seasonal part time job to get some money only bad thing about it is if the store isn't getting any business they'll find a excuse to fire you.
I would love to live at Halloween City
Associate (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAFebruary 15, 2017
I enjoyed working there to make people have the best Halloween ever. Plus, I love the holiday of Hallwoeen as well more than Christmas.
fun and the best job wish it wasnt seasonal
Associate / FES (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 8, 2017
I absolutely loved this. the coworkers are amazing and you get to have fun and towards halloween you can actually dress up for work and they work with you on scheduling and you wake up wanting to go to work everyday its like a hobby more than anything and the managers are awesome as well.
Pros
dress up, friendly, fun, exciting, etc
Great experience Good seasonal job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORFebruary 6, 2017
Halloween City is a really fun job and provided me needed work experience for my future. When I worked here I learned proper costumer service and gained valuable retail experience. I also learned how to operate a cash register and sale items to customers while communicating sales policies and offering donation options.
Pros
fun work enviroment and good work experience
Cons
week before Hallween is hecktic

Want to know more about Halloween City?

Ask a question
Productive & fun to work with children
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAFebruary 2, 2017
i loved to work and meet new people. it was nothing like helping those parents put those smiles on the children's faces. as far as employers & management there, they were really great people
Awesome Workplace
Stocker/ Retail Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 31, 2017
The management and staff were all respectful people to work with. Very little drama and everyone came in with positive attitude.
fun workplace, but not safe.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJanuary 26, 2017
i think it wasn't safe because i had to keep my personal item's in my car because one of the employees were stealing other employees things. But other then that it was a great place to work, and further my experience
Great experience and work enviornment.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJanuary 25, 2017
I had a great time working with Halloween City for the season. It was a great challenge and it was fun to learn something new and be able to apply it to other career opportunities.
It was a very fun job! Everybody got along!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOJanuary 22, 2017
Halloween City was a very good choice for my first job! I met a lot of new people, and it was an overall fun working environment! I learned how to work a cash register, and I learned a lot about costumer service!
Cons
No health care, seasonal.
Overall nice but some higher management could use more direction
Wilkes Barre (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre Township, PAJanuary 22, 2017
The store itself was great, the boss of the store manager ( regional manager ) was .. I'd say not cut out for the job to put it nicely. Things were a bit chaotic at times due to his selfishness.
Fun place to work
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHJanuary 21, 2017
What a great place to work if you like the hustle of the holiday season. Loved seeing what was new for the year but didnt feel that they trained the newbies enough.
Pros
great discounts, fun products
Cons
Lack of management, not enough training
Good for first-time experience
Seasonal Temporary Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Walpole, MAJanuary 17, 2017
Management was too laid back.
Long hours with no compensation beyond a paycheck.
Co-workers are 15-28.

The hardest part of the job was cleaning up after Halloween.

The most enjoyable part was helping customers.
Pros
fun team, easy environment
Cons
management was too laid back
Fun Seasonal Position
Floor Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHJanuary 17, 2017
A typical day at work included organizing and stocking the store floor with products. Also, assisting customers in finding or suggesting costumes and accessories. I have increased my social skills through communicating with customers. Management was a bit confusing. For a seasonal job, management changed five times. Some workers were very good people and excellent workers. The only hard part of the job was a personal problem that did not seem to affect anyone else. I enjoyed most aspects of this job, but interacting with customers was most enjoyable.
Great Team. Great Season
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Levittown, NYJanuary 12, 2017
Been apart of the company since 2011, keep going back each year. I love the team they choose, and was honored to be a manager. Great salaries, great experience!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halloween City. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2