Halloween City Employee Reviews

Fun work place, friendly co-workers
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 12, 2016
Halloween City was actually a fun place to work. I worked with a variety of different types of people. There was never a dull moment there. Our manager was also great! The best part of the job was closer to Halloween when us employees got to dress up as different characters each day. But the hardest part was on the day before, and the day of Halloween, the store was super busy, like Black Friday busy. Everyone was being pulled five different directions by customers trying to get that last minute shopping done.
Pros
Flexible schedule, off in time to get dinner done before husband came home from work.
Cons
Extremely busy
Fun place to work
Temp. Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TexasFebruary 11, 2016
I knew alot of co-workers so it was fun. The managers were cool always saying how a hard worker i was. The most enjoyable part of my jobs was meeting new poeple
Enjoyed my experience
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIFebruary 9, 2016
Was only seasonal but it was rewarding and a good new experience of retail and I would have wished it was not seasonal. My associates were always happy and loved Halloween so it made it easier to get things done.
Pros
relaxed fun place work place
Cons
Not permanent
Overall Experience
Temp Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 4, 2016
My overall experience working at Halloween City was good and lots of good people working around. Would recommend others to come next halloween season.
Best place I ever worked for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 1, 2016
I loved my job at Halloween city. The managers were amazing and extremely comfortable and kind. They listened to my concerns and ideas and gave me the freedom and trust to advance in my career.

Every day I would show up and they would assign me my cash drawer after that they trusted me to man the front of the store and I was given a walkie-talkie to contact other co-workers while I worked. It was a very laid back environment and extremely fun place to work.

My co-workers were very nice and helpful and hard working. They hired a lot of people on probation and I felt that was very kind of them. Some of the best co-workers I had were there for probation mandatory but they were very kind and hard working.

The hardest part of the job was keeping the storey clean and organized. We got extremely busy at times and it made keeping everything clean very difficult.
Pros
freedom, trust, kind co workers, nice managers, fun environment
Cons
occasional breaks, very busy, hard to keep organized (Still not bad cons)
Wonderful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 1, 2016
I loved working with Halloween City. It was so amazing to have an environment that felt so positive and that I have done so well in. Working there helped me create friendships and create business partnerships that will last a lifetime.
Pros
Positive Outcome, Wonderful staff
Cons
N/A
So much for so little it's spooky.
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAJanuary 26, 2016
Halloween city is a great seasonal job for anybody. You have tons of fun and love to go to work. You get to dress up and be a kid. The work is super easy and you enjoy doing it.
Pros
Fun, fun, fun, get to dress up
Cons
seasonal job
Active and entertaining enjoyable place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 17, 2016
A typical day working at Halloween City is constantly picking up trash from the floor, cleaning, directing costumers into specific locations of merchandise, and putting up costumes where they need to be. I learned how to multi task, work at a very fast pace, how to handle the dressing rooms, and good costumer service skills. The management was successful, we usually had the main manager and two other managers working all the time due to how busy the store would be. My co-workers were all helpful, and positive, fun people to work with! The hardest part of the job was trying to get the entire store cleaned by a specific time. The most enjoyable part of the job was successfully helping costumers find the exact items that they needed.
Pros
Getting a discount on costumes, having flexible schedules, and having fun managers and former co-workers.
Cons
Having to constantly be picking trash up from the floor.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJanuary 16, 2016
Customer Service and sales. Would assist customers and restock the inventory. Sold Halloween costumes and set up the store before the Grand opening.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Seasonal
Halloween City
Cashier, Customer Service, Stock (Former Employee) –  St. Clair Shores, MIJanuary 7, 2016
Consisted of meeting different people everyday.
I learned about communications.
managers were kind, helping, motivational.
hard workers, dedicated.
maintaining different work place at once.
seeing everyone smile and having fun while working/shopping.
Great seasonal job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 3, 2016
Worked consisted of stocking shelves with merchandise each day and displaying the merchandise in a presentable, simplified layout for the benefit of customers. I learned how to organize the merchandise into appropriate sections based on which target markets the store meant to sell to; I also learned how to use a cash register for the first time, which was much more simple than I expected. Management was pleasant on average except in times of store rushes. The co-workers were lively and responsible people who did their jobs as needed. The hardest part of the job was to deal with store rushes. The most enjoyable part of the job was walking down the isles and looking at the variety of costumes that the store had to sell.
Pros
Employee discount, flexible hours
Cons
distraught managers
productive and fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wellington, NDecember 30, 2015
Work in this company it was a nice experience for me since it was my first job. Good workers and i learned how to work as team.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
fast pace work enviornment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GADecember 29, 2015
managerial duties, stock, register, scheduling. fast paced work environment dealing with many customers. no difficult part of the job. as long as you come in ready to work and giving off positive energy
Great company to work for. I enjoy helping families and little one dress up for halloween every year.
general manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 23, 2015
My days were very busy and high paced. Goes perfectly with who I am. I prefer a busy day to a slow day, more people I get to enter act with the better. I learned so much this season at Halloween City. Most important thing I learned and will take with me everywhere I go is how to Manage a full team. How to make the job fun and successful at the same time. My employees were amazing and I kept my whole crew the entire season (which is not easy to do being a seasonal, minimum wage job). The most enjoyable part of my job was and always will be the interaction with the customers wether it be phone calls about an item or face to face interaction. My day was successful if my customers walk out, or hang up that phone happy.
Pros
Getting different ideas of costumes and party ideas. Family costumes are great!
Cons
It was not easy to get ahold of payroll with time clock issues.
very fun place to work
Asst manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 17, 2015
I loved being the go to in most situations , All of my co workers were so reliable and fun. It was a fast paced work place and was always very busy yet well organized and well established.
Pros
discount
Seasonal Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYDecember 9, 2015
Halloween city varied in the amount of customers that came in, we changed a lot of displays, kept the store looking clean, helped out parents and adults pick out the right costume for them. The management was terrible, my co-workers were no exception. The hardest part about the job was keeping the job, the most enjoyable part was the holiday itself.
Productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 9, 2015
A typical day at work started off slow in the morning and when child came in without parents items were broken and or stolen, by the child or the parent themselves. I learned even child pick up their parents bad habits. Management she had to work other locations, but came or called when needed. The hardest part is telling a customer they are stealing costumes, by shoving two costumes in one bag while they are in line denying the facts. The most enjoyable part of the job was wearing costumes on Halloween.
Pros
Get to wear costumes to work
Cons
Had to buy the costume from work.
Quick
Fitting Room Attendant/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 3, 2015
The company cared about the store as one should, but probably could have done a little better. Although, it is/was only a temporary store, so I completely understand.
Interesting Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Covina, CADecember 1, 2015
A typical day was opening up the store counting out registers to get the day started.
I learned how to make bank drop offs and how to open up the store.
Management was a great and I was proud to be apart of the team. Working and supervising my fellow coworkers was something new and it taught me about authority.
Hardest part of the job was that it was only seasonal I wish it were longer. Most enjoyable was seeing the satisfied customers.
Fun and energetic employees
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CANovember 27, 2015
It was fun except the fact that we where understaffed alot so you really had to be good at multitasking and remembering where everything went.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks, Understaffed

4.2