Halloween City Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Asssistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJanuary 11, 2017
Excellent DM who was incredibly supportive and encouraging. Management was understanding and flexible while efficient and adhered to company guidlines
Pros
30% discount
Cons
Seasonal
Lazy Days at work.
Cashier, Customer assistance (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 11, 2017
Some days will consist of packaging items and some days will consist of not doing plenty of work. It was convenient and easy to get there. Other days it was busy but still manageable.
Pros
Location, Managers were nice.
Cons
Pay
Very productive and fun work environement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 11, 2017
I absolutely loved being an assistant manager for Halloween City. Not only did I take on quiet a bit of responsibilities, I had a blast working in a Halloween-themed environment.
An Okay Enviornment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJanuary 9, 2017
it has very poor management. It was always a mess and the employees did as they pleased. Besides that, the company was hard to deal with and the training was unprofessional
Pros
Cons
unprofessional
Creative Staff selling crazy cheap scary products.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 4, 2017
Working at Halloween City allowed me to be myself creatively and professionally. The location was close to home and the staff were amazing. We had difficult times, but it wasn't anything teamwork couldn't fix. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Close to home location, creative store
Cons
Low pay, temporary position
Productive and fun environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn NYJanuary 4, 2017
A typical day at work would be on and off. Some days it would be busy and other days it won't be busy. On a busy day, my position is to be at the register, making sure the customers are helped and on a not busy day, I would be making sure the store is clean and everything was in the right order
Pros
fun environment
Cons
short breaks
Overall Great
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burton, MIJanuary 4, 2017
Probably one of the best first jobs for teens I believe you have to be at least 16 to work there but for the few years I did it, it was fun!
Pros
Starts basic Customer Service Skills
Cons
Stocking and Restocking for a store only open for 4 months
Fun Work Place
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Chicago , ILDecember 30, 2016
At work you help the customers decide which costume they want to wear. That's Pretty Fun Cause The Can Try The Costumes On . I Also Had To Check And Make Sure The Costumes Were In The Right section.
Fun and stress free
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILDecember 28, 2016
Calm place to work and help people find costume. Meet alot of different people and the people you work with are nice . likely will come back for next Halloween season as an associate because I enjoyed it alot
Great place for seasonal job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 21, 2016
The hardest part of the job was making sure everything was where it belongs and that there was no messes in the dressing rooms. The store mangers were amazing.
It was an easy place to work
Floor Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 12, 2016
The work enviroment was fun and laid back. interacting with the costumers was great expirence. my co workers where easy to get along with and i love the fast pace of it all
Fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 8, 2016
Very great place to work for a seasonal job. Very fun environment to work in many people are helpful good flexible work schedule
Great temp job if you like this holiday.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CADecember 6, 2016
This is a great part-time seasonal job, especially if this is your holiday. Customers are usually great to deal with as well as other employees. All around great time.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Seasonal
Productive and fun workplace with halloween costumes/accessories
Front-end Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MI 48066December 1, 2016
Typical day at work would be me running the cash register, stocking costumes and accessories on the shelves/racks. Handling the floor( making sure customers are happy and get what they need/want and to make sure they are finding everything alright).
What I learned through Halloween city is team work is very important without your team a lot of things can't get done as fast as they should and would with a team. I learned how to deal with angry customers that can't return items or costumes for money.
My coworkers were very hardworking, laid back type of people. Made sure jobs was always done first before slacking off at work or taking a break or their lunch break.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with all the angry customers who didn't have patience, had an attitude with all my coworkers and manager.
Most enjoyable part of my job was seeing all the kids happy, trying on costumes, and how cute they looked with their costumes on. Seeing our customers walk out of the store with a smile of satisfaction on their faces.
Pros
discounts on costumes
Cons
angry customers
fun place to work
Associate (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 30, 2016
i mostly enjoyed working at Halloween City. The people were fun to be around and the job was very easy. And was also offered a character reference for working really hard.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
the buildings air conditioner kept breaking
really fun work place
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CANovember 30, 2016
If you are looking for a fun, entertaining job that allows you to have a flexible safe place to work. this is the place for you. Who doesn't love to have fun and work at the same time?
this job is great for fast cash
cashier (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 27, 2016
The employees are great and clean and respectful i loved working here had to stock and run cShier watch customers help customers and handle the fitting room and always be happy smile and be happy . fast work pace and keep store clean at all times
Pros
meet great people fast cash
Cons
not enough days and hours
Best seasonal job I've had
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHNovember 25, 2016
The managers that were hired did well to do their jobs and help any way they could. They didn't just supervised, they helped on the floor, at the registers, cleaning up at the end of the night. Fast money and easy work if you've worked with registers before and have cleaned.
Pros
Co-workers were easy to get along with, managers helped out, communication was consistent
Cons
Only seasonal (I love Halloween!)
Fun Environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MONovember 23, 2016
For anyone that loves Halloween this would be the place to work. Always receiving new freight and there are always interesting props to go through. Interacting with the customers is definitely a fun part of the job, because you get to see their personalities come out with the costumes that they purchase.
Great Company
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CANovember 23, 2016
Great Company to work for. All the staff worked together as a team. Which was really nice. The Market Manager was very helpful. I would for sure work for them again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halloween City. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2