Halloween City Employee Reviews

Fun and safe workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  5959 State St, Murray, UT 84107January 23, 2018
All of the staff at Halloween City knew what they were doing and always on top of everything making sure everything is done. Management cares about there employee's, we had alot of homeless people around are dumbsters and on top of the building at night. So we were not allowed to take the trash out alone or after 7.
Fun work environment
Portland (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 20, 2018
Halloween City was an enjoyable place to be employed during the Halloween season. Great co-workers and management. The position can vary greatly from fast paced customer service to sweeping the floor slowly.
Pros
Discount on products
Cons
Limited hours available
Party City's Halloween store
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJanuary 20, 2018
If you want an alternative store from Party City, than Halloween city is it, Only open from September to November of every year but they have more family friendly Halloween Props.
Pros
Fun to be around halloween stuff
Cons
Seasonal, No room for growth.
Halloween City
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTJanuary 19, 2018
My typical day at work would basically consist of clocking in on the computer, stocking shelves with new merchandise, making sure there wasn't any merchandise on he aisle floors, and asking customers if they needed assistance. I learned how to talk to and with people better. There was a lot of communication with this job because we needed to make sure everyone had the costume they wanted. The management was very polite, and always helped to the best of their ability. The hardest part of the job was memorizing where everything went. Over time it became easier, and helped my memory improve. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I could dress in festive attire for Halloween.
Productive and fun place to work with a great manager
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJanuary 18, 2018
Even though it was a serious job, the management made it very enjoyable to work there. You always wanted to be doing something and everybody was grateful for any type of work you did. The staff got along and were willing to cover shifts when something unexpected popped up. A super great place to work!
Pros
Discounted Costumes
Cons
Long hours standing
Fun awesome workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 16, 2018
i learned alot about what flex and fill means. i met new people. a typical day at halloween city was long on your feet all day always busy. great manager
Pros
good staff
Cons
n/a
Great company to work with
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IdahoJanuary 15, 2018
Every year that I have worked with Halloween City has been fun and interesting. I was the GM this year and we had a great team. We worked hard and made upper management very impressed with how puts together the store was and how well the store operated
Seasonal Job Recommended
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJanuary 15, 2018
For a seasonal type job this was by far the best! The atmosphere was fun and laid back, though it did have its moments where it was all business! Coworkers were really friendly and the hours were very flexible! I totally recommend this as a seasonal job to make extra cash!
Pros
Friendly coworkers, laid back
Cons
Slow paced, not many hours
Relaxed and cooperative work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OHJanuary 9, 2018
A typical work day at Halloween City would be starting off at the cash register and when business slowed down we would put our stock on the shelves. The hardest part about this job was self pricing the individual costumes.The most enjoyable part about this job is seeing the job on kids' faces when they picked out the costume they liked most. Management wasn't as great as I hoped, the employees did more work and harder work then the managers did.
Pros
15 minute breaks. Discounts on costumes.
Cons
Poor managment
Great company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 6, 2018
Hard work in the begging with all of the store built, the middle is okay once you get pass the hiring process. The tear down and packing is hard and tedious, overall I will do it again.
Pros
Fun work envirment
Cons
Pay could be better
Halloween store
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIJanuary 4, 2018
This was a good way to make extra money during the weeks that led up to Halloween. The people I worked with were friendly. Sometimes, the management would ask us to dress up in costumes and stand outside and hold a sign. It was not too bad as we could listen to music while we stood there.
fun but very unorganized
Store General Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 4, 2018
Was very time consuming and tedious job with very little reward for the end of the season bonus that was promised on average the bonus was less than 200.00
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough help
I got lucky here
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJJanuary 3, 2018
The Halloween city I worked for had a dream team working there. I would have gone insane there if it weren't for the people I worked with. The job was basic retail, state minimum pay, rude customers, awful and inconsistent hours. But our managers suggested we have fun at work to pass time and ease stress, so we wore costumes and took turns putting hats on each other while we worked. Certainly helped moral.
Pros
Fun environment, halloween, employee discount
Cons
Bad pay, inconsistent hours, rude customers, So many damages
Poor management with no concerns
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJanuary 3, 2018
I was really excited to start working at Halloween City, but that quickly changed overtime. The store was not even open before I decided to quit. The amount of work me and my co-workers were required to do everyday did not match the salary we were receiving. You could tell the management was hectic because there were so many problems with the design plans for each section in the store almost every day.
Easy, fun work environment with great coworkers and management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJanuary 2, 2018
The sales associates we all super friendly and easy to get along with, although not the most reliable (which meant you could pick up an extra shift or two if wanted). The management was knowledgeable and helpful, and handled situations of all sorts in a professional manner. Managers from other locations would go help other stores when needed and able. The district manager was kind but did what needed to be done, and was friendly and informative. A typical workday was usually somewhat slow with bursts of busy, but easy to handle with the right amount of associates available. The hardest part of the job is right around Halloween, when customers try to get a discount on perfectly good costumes for minor reasons, but managers can handle that. The best part was easily the atmosphere and culture. You were encouraged to dress up and use makeup to enhance the customer's experience. It was overall a very enjoyable job.
Productive, flexible, Calm and durable
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VADecember 30, 2017
Relaxed and Durable/fun
Very flexible and assertive
great management
Versatile with varieties of different beliefs
Nothing was very hard
Care-free atmosphere yet challenging
the most enjoyable part of the job
General Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 29, 2017
Hearing customers thank you for the look of store associate service. In out fast service. My store team at like a team and not team individuals. Good/fun place to work at and associates to work with.
job review
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  OHDecember 27, 2017
fun work fun managment clean work area customers were helpful and nice. work hours were good. life outside of work easly avilible.. short season for work
Fun, quick-paced job - great for Halloween lovers!
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 25, 2017
This job, though temporary, was a lot of fun! I love Halloween and the store had a lot to offer. The hours were also flexible and the pay was very good. Most of the management staff was excellent and really seemed to care about the employees.
Fun seasonal job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTDecember 21, 2017
Its relaxed, fun if you like halloween, great first job for teens. Very easy job, easy to pick up tasks, easy to advance in company. Good management experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halloween City. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2