Halloween City Employee Reviews

Work Environment at Halloween City
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 18, 2015
Very fun environment to work in. Management is very nice. It was seasonal work during Halloween time. I am just sad to see it in. Money was good. I was offered alot of hours. The Halloween costumes were very nice that they sold.
Pros
Customer service experience, easy work.
Fun place to work at.
Assistant General Manager (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PANovember 6, 2015
Probably my favorite job thus far. Because it was tailored for one of the most entertaining holidays of the year, you get to work around a lot of fun products and meet so many fascinating people.
helping people
Associate Sales (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 5, 2015
working with people is fun when they asking for help and love put on different customs and showing they off and scary people for fun
Swell
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MONovember 3, 2015
Fun Job! You get to dress up in the costumes! You get to meet a lot of great people and learn a lot. Sometimes there's pizza days.
Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXOctober 30, 2015
This is a fun place to work with great people. My co workers are great. The hardest part is store wide communication. Also last minute decision making on the corporate level.
Pros
Paid lunches and awesome discount.
old job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton, GAOctober 30, 2015
its a good part time seasonal job. Boring up till the week of Halloween but great if you love all things Halloween. normal shifts for managers are 7-8 hours a day. weekends and holidays required
Friendly staff and good customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Natomas, CaliforniaOctober 19, 2015
I love working at Halloween City. My co workers are very friendly and very good workers. It is a very enjoyable work environment. I helped cleaned the whole store and I did cashiering. We get a lot of customers that are children and I love associating with them.
Pros
friendly staff, responsible management, good customers
great
Cashier (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEOctober 18, 2015
This is a great store to work at the have a great environment they great workers i love the people that i am working with. when they come back next year i would love to work for them again. they are not like other Halloween stores they are family friendly.
Pros
they give you 1/2 hour lunches.
Cons
they tell you and remind you to go on break.
Mostly fun seasonal work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXOctober 18, 2015
A pretty basic seasonal retail position. Wages were fair, though benefits were basically non-existent.

My manager was good at her position, but not very approachable. She was very strict and you could be fired for the smallest and most minor things. It felt like we had to walk on eggshells around her.

It was a lively environment, and there was plenty to do, though the destruction of merchandise by customers can get annoying.

A nice start-up position.
Pros
Fun place
Cons
Strict boss, seasonal and temporary
Very relaxing environment
Dressing Room Attendent (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 12, 2015
It was a fast paced yet laid back environment. The hardest part was making sure I had a co worker to help put costumes back from the dressing room. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to laugh and have fun with the customers.
.........................ummmm,
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OhioOctober 11, 2015
Customer Service Acknowledge all Customers through a greeting, smile and/or eye contact regardless of the task at hand Enhance a Customer's purchase through suggestive selling to help ...
fun atmosphere
customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Tooele, UTOctober 8, 2015
Great first job, flexible schedule, fun co-workers, good learning experience for a high school student. It was fun working with families.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
temporary
very fast paced fun job
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  chino hilsOctober 1, 2015
my typical day at work would be to open the store , count out drawers , reply to emails, interview , payroll , cashier , money management
Pros
room for advanverment
Cons
seasonal
Fun place to work.
Front End Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MDSeptember 29, 2015
From building a store with a team of employees, to assisting customers find their ideal costumes, Halloween city is a fantastic work experience that I will surely never forget.
Fun and intersting place of work
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Northglenn, COSeptember 28, 2015
Working at Halloween City was different. Taking care of customers needs and wants with Halloween costumes and accessories. New shipments were always fun to get in too see what new products we got.
Pros
Fun, intersting workplace
Cons
Short breaks, no breakroom, management was not organized
fun place to work
Seasonal cashier (Former Employee) –  New Hartford, NYSeptember 22, 2015
I worked cash register and greeted costumers as they entered the store.
I learned how fulfilling it is to assist people when they are trying to put things together.
Management was very respectful and worked with us. My co workers where always there to assist if need.
The hardest part would be when costumers wanted something I was not able to authorize and they would get verbal with me while waiting for management to come over.
I enjoyed that I was able to dress up in different make up and costumes everyday.
Pros
never a dule monment
Cons
only seasonal
Amazing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHSeptember 19, 2015
It was my first job and I returned every year except for this one. I absolutely loved it and I would recommend everyone to go work here for the experience. My manager was a wonderful person with a kind heart.
Fun seasonal job
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aiken, SCSeptember 18, 2015
Employees are responsible for working in all areas of the store. Since this is a seasonal job (for everyone) most of the management and coworkers have other jobs, so the team tended to be stressed and overworked. But overall it was a fun job that was completely centered around Halloween
Pros
Fun job, flexible hours
Cons
Not many hours for new employees, stressed management, job only lasts a few months
Productive and fun working the the customers and the staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 11, 2015
A typical day of work at Halloween City is cleaning, running the cash register, restocking, and answering any questions the customers had. I learned how to use a cash register. The management was fun to work with and communicated very well with the employees and I. My co-workers was very fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was doing everything fast but not messing up. The most enjoyable part of the job was that we got to dress up as long as thee costume we choose was work appropriate.
Pros
Got to dress up
Cons
Dealing with rude people
Ruined by Party City
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 4, 2015
Before Party City bought out Halloween City it was an amazing ride.. As the DM it is CRAZY during the season. I tell people 2 things about this job. It is the most insane, crazy 5 months of your life. from the time you set up and merchandise to tear down at end of season and managing 6 stores plus helping weaker districts and helping train everyone in such a short amount of time is the hardest and best experience at the same time. But somehow it was ALWAYS FUN. Then party city got involved and it just went downhill FAST i mean faster than the FLASH! they went all corporate and rule crazy in an industry that was all ready insane they just made it harder.
Pros
The insanity
Cons
The insanity

4.2