Halloween City Employee Reviews

Fun place to work with an excellent team!
Cashier Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mountain View CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great company (co-workers)
By far this has been my favorite job because we all worked as a team to get things done. Everyone was very friendly, outgoing, and respectful!
Fun Halloween Job
General Manager (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: seasonal
Cons: lack of breaks, no great training
The job itself was a little daunting with no professional training but I did figure it out pretty much myself. I'm very hands on and they didn't offer training till the season was almost over. So i never knew if I was doing a correct job or not. I learned that management is not an easy job and takes work to get it right, takes patience and a lot of energy. The hardest part of the job was being on call all the time. No breaks or days off really.
Exciting work opportunity
Store Manager (Former Employee), Bowie MDJanuary 14, 2015
Toughest part was building and tearing down new locations at begginning and end of season
Friendly and fun environment where you get to wear costumes.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: can wear costumes and a good retail experience.
Cons: minimum wadge and expensive costumes.
You spend a long time on your feet but everyone is very laid back. Sometimes you get managers that have no idea what they are doing but for the most part they are very helpful and keep the craziness of the store to a minimal.
Productive and fun workplace with great upper managment!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lees Summit, MOJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great upper management, high energy, always kept busy with one thing or another, etc.
I often opened the store more than I closed it, which meant turning on all the lights, balancing and opening cash registers, checking all animatronics and inflating all inflatables and setting up all stations for the day. Upper management was very understand and flexible when need be and in return, I was the first to volunteer for extra hours that needed picked up or busy days where other were needed to come in early. I loved being able to help costumers either find their costume or put it together, and even did costume make-up for tips Halloween night after a certain employee promised multiple people of such and then quit and began threatening the store and everyone in it. This employee incident also lead to plenty of police contact that myself and main management handled often to keep our store and employee's safe. Crowds got CRAZY the closer it got to the holiday and there was often entire days in a row where I was literally running back and forth across the store non-stop making sure to help and and every customer. It was a lot of hard work but the best working experience I have ever had <3
Excellent Temporary Position
General Manager (Former Employee), Yuba City, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: fun, fast paced enviornment
Cons: temporary
Halloween City is an excellent temporary company to work for. My Market Manager provided excellent resources, yet allowed me the leverage to run my store in the most effective way possible.
Fun but was only seasonal
Stocker (Former Employee), Crystal Lake, ILJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: it was a learning experience
Cons: it was only for a short time
Worked for roughly 3 weeks as a seasonal employee for a temporary store as a stocker. Learned how to work fast while, stocking according to planogrms, answering customer questions and communicating with fellow employees.
Everyone Working Fun Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fairfield, CADecember 31, 2014
Pros: pizza on saturdays, the best co-workers
Cons: short breaks
It' was a great work place got along with customers my co workers and manager very great first retail job ever
Loved management as well as the guest
Customer Service (Former Employee), Doral, FLDecember 29, 2014
Pros: everyone was always so nice
Cons: living on tips is not easy
On any given shift I would fold napkins and polish silver wear.
Serve tables and the bar.
Take ordered then expo dishes on to the floor.
Cleaning.
Halloween City
Executive Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Billerica, MADecember 12, 2014
a good seasonal job that i gained manager experience in. Learned how to schedule people, and pay them in retail.net. Loved working with my employees to make the store a better store.
Fun work environment. Very enjoyable seasonal employment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Logan, UTDecember 10, 2014
Pros: fun! got to interact with the customers often.
Cons: seasonal. no full time possitions
Seasonal Employment. Fun "out of the box" job, with fun co-workers. Higher management were good and professional, but the lower management seemed to be untrained & sometimes even unqualified. My co-workers were fun and very enjoyable to be around! The hardest part of the job was the constant straightening up we had to do. Customers would pick up and look at or play with items, and then just put the item down anywhere in the store. We had to walk around almost on a constant basis and put the relocated items back where they belonged. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to dress up in different Halloween costumes every day! As a team we would plan a theme and all dress up a like. Halloween City really was an enjoyable place to be employed.
good job
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), Beckley, WVDecember 3, 2014
company was awseome to work for wish it were a permanent job, and not a seasonal job. The company was for there employees, good pay and salries...
Very fun work environment!
Cashier (Former Employee), Edinburg, TXDecember 3, 2014
Pros: 40% store discount!
Cons: seasonal job :/
Customer serivce is a must and at Halloween City we delivered the best! Many of my co-oworkers were reliable and dependent we worked as a team to accomplish tasks big and small. Above all we had fun while working talking to customers, influencing them to try on costumes and combining creativity with productivity!
Got to dress up in costumes
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Waycross, GADecember 1, 2014
Loved dressing up in costumes to help customers find their own.
Easy and fun seasonal store
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IowaNovember 29, 2014
Pros: fun, energetic job
Cons: short breaks and common register errors
The first two weeks was spent setting up the store and once opened the typical day was spent assisting customers with purchases, returns and exchanges. This was my first retail job so I learned a lot about proper customer service skills from middle management. Management was the strongest part of store since it was seasonal and we had to really focus to get things up and running. All my coworkers at Halloween City were a lot of fun which helped with the nature of the store. The hardest part of the job was the huge sales in the week prior to Halloween. I mostly enjoy the fun oriented atmosphere.
Be whoever you want to be
Customer Service Representative / Cashier-Greet (Former Employee), Deptford NJNovember 25, 2014
Halloween is my favorite holiday. I worked here for the season, and watched how everyone enjoyed this holiday as I did. I helped customers with their costume choices, and the accessories to go along. We cleaned the store in the evening, and sometimes play around and try on costumes while putting them away in there department. I recommend this job to anyone who loves Halloween as much as I do.
Fast pace, high energy work environment.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CANovember 25, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, free snacks
Cons: hectic due to the holidays
Very fast paced work environment due to the holiday season. Friendly easy going work staff, easy to communicate with and extremely sociable. I learned how to manage a dressing room, and multitask helping several customers at once. The hardest part of the job was managing a handful of customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was having caring, energetic, friendly sociable staff. It made the environment extremely elating to be in.
Wonderful experience as an Assistant store manager.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CANovember 22, 2014
Pros: learning a new technique of work
Cons: a temp/seasonal job
I really enjoyed being an asm for Halloween City. I learned a lot from being a manager. My management skills improved as well as my organizational skills.
Seasonal Job
General Manager (Former Employee), Delran, NJNovember 20, 2014
Halloween City was a seasonal job. It was fun for the few months it lasted.
Productive, Great Experience,
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brighton, MINovember 20, 2014
Pros: great people, enjoyed coming to work each day
Cons: seasonal
Coming into work at 8:00AM, I opened by vacuuming, restocking restrooms, making props presentable, and assuring each item is in their proper place. During our open hours, I assisted customers, rung them out on the cash register, straightened merchandise, and helped any employee who needed it. The hardest part of the job was telling customers we didn't have the costume they were looking for. I enjoyed hearing the intricate ideas of homemade costumes, and being around the excited people.