Halloween City Employee Reviews

Awesome Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 11, 2016
I had the best experience working here. My managers were all super helpful and accommodating, the other employees were all great people, and the environment itself was very laid-back. Plus, Halloween is the best holiday so working for a store dedicated to Halloween was the actual best.
Fun and exciting place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 16, 2016
All the little kids that came in made my day. Being surrounded by halloween spirits and vibes was the best part of October.
sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NJAugust 18, 2016
Pros/ very fun work environment, everyone was so nice and willing to help in any way needed. a normal day was stocking and helping guests find a product.
everything was awesome
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTMarch 14, 2016
the management was incredible, the co workers were very sweet and there were no hard parts to the job because i was considered one of their best sales associates!
Pros
great pay and amazing management!
Cons
Fun and Exciting Environment!!!
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYMarch 23, 2016
I absolutely loved working at Halloween City. It was fast paced most days. I loved helping customers find costumes and accessories to make their Halloween and memorable one. There were times I helped create costumes with customers out of other costumes when what they had in mind was not what we had available. Made some lasting friendships after the season ended. The hardest part of the job i would say was probably when it was super packed the closer it got to Halloween. But otherwise the job was pretty straightforward. Sadly the job was only seasonal but I would love to work there again.
Festive and welcoming work place
Fort Wayne Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 20, 2016
I learned how to run a cash register and help customers find costumes and decorations for Halloween. Co-workers were very friendly and helpful through the learning process.
Productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 9, 2015
A typical day at work started off slow in the morning and when child came in without parents items were broken and or stolen, by the child or the parent themselves. I learned even child pick up their parents bad habits. Management she had to work other locations, but came or called when needed. The hardest part is telling a customer they are stealing costumes, by shoving two costumes in one bag while they are in line denying the facts. The most enjoyable part of the job was wearing costumes on Halloween.
Pros
Get to wear costumes to work
Cons
Had to buy the costume from work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 1, 2016
A day at work at Halloween city was educating, I learned customer service skills and retail skill, along with communication skills. Management was organized and well mannered. My co-workers were very well put together, hard workers and easy going.
Productive, Fun environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Royal Palm Beach, FLJune 2, 2016
Everyone was very friendly, everyone helped each other out. I felt welcome there. The hardest part of the job was probably looking around and picking up after everyone who just threw the merchandise around, but other then that it was a great job.
Pros
Discounted items
Cons
short breaks
Good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kendall, FLJuly 27, 2016
Working for Halloween city was a nice experience manager where nice and everything was organized it was not to hectic only on Halloween but that was expected.
Fun Enviornment
Assistant Manager-Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COFebruary 15, 2016
Fun environment but company culture could use some work. They are a bit unorganized so if you start working here, you are your best advocate.
Fun family friendly environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXMay 15, 2015
I loved working for Halloween City. I learned a lot from this job I learned a lot about different cultures. I loved helping everybody with finding Halloween costumes and decorations. I learned everybody has their own way of doing Halloween with their children. The first year of working at Halloween City the management was awesome. I become close friends with everybody from the works to the manager. I loved going to this job everyday and hated when I was off. The hardest party about the job was the breaking down of the store. After Halloween the store would still be open for a few days. Those last few days the employees start packing unsold items into a boxes and breaking down shelves. Nothing about the job was to hard to me though. I loved every minute of it. The most enjoyable part was coming to work everyday and working with the public.
Pros
Fun working envirnoment
Cons
Low pay
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 23, 2016
Great first time job. It was fun and provided a valuable learning experience. I gained cash register and money handling experience.
Pros
fun
Cons
seasonal
Fun work place, friendly co-workers
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 12, 2016
Halloween City was actually a fun place to work. I worked with a variety of different types of people. There was never a dull moment there. Our manager was also great! The best part of the job was closer to Halloween when us employees got to dress up as different characters each day. But the hardest part was on the day before, and the day of Halloween, the store was super busy, like Black Friday busy. Everyone was being pulled five different directions by customers trying to get that last minute shopping done.
Pros
Flexible schedule, off in time to get dinner done before husband came home from work.
Cons
Extremely busy
productive and fun workplace for Halloween
Store Clerk (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Holland, OHFebruary 8, 2016
A very fun place to work during the Halloween season. Fast paced and entertaining. Co-workers and Management were all great to work with and very helpful.
Pros
discount on inventory
Cons
seasonal and low hours
Productive and laid back
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTAugust 25, 2015
Productive place to work but at the same time was laid back. Management was decent. No room for advancement or raises. Seasonal job.
okay place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 21, 2016
it was some what okay im just thankful i got the chance to work there seasonal store . fun environment
Pros
fun
Cons
paid wrong
Interesting Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Covina, CADecember 1, 2015
A typical day was opening up the store counting out registers to get the day started.
I learned how to make bank drop offs and how to open up the store.
Management was a great and I was proud to be apart of the team. Working and supervising my fellow coworkers was something new and it taught me about authority.
Hardest part of the job was that it was only seasonal I wish it were longer. Most enjoyable was seeing the satisfied customers.
Fun and very professinal
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYMay 27, 2016
I loved this job. Its a great job for someone just now working. I worked good hours but still didn't get too overwhelmed. Made a few friends that I am still in contact with.
Nice and Easy Work
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 20, 2016
I enjoyed it and would go back if they needed help in the fall. I really enjoyed the people I worked with and they were very flexible with my school schedule which was really a plus.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halloween City. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2