Halloween City Employee Reviews

Fun Work
Store Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 15, 2017
It was a fun working environment.
Lots of new and old costumes
it would be a relaxed store in the beginning till the two last week of October
The ones I worked with were nice and helpful
Great job, sad to see Halloween come and go.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 9, 2017
Overall, the job was fun and flexible. I was an ASM, I genuinely enjoyed the atmosphere. I could dress up anytime I wanted, I got a discount on costumes.
I enjoyed being able to put costume ideas together for other people, give ideas in case we didn't have the exact costume and getting my own ideas for my own Halloween party theme.
My hours were open so I got the hours I needed, which could be up to 40. The pay was competitive and was great.
Management was awesome, the district manager was awesome, always there to talk you through things and teach you, so you're never left in the dark. I loved it.
I was actually sad to see Halloween come and go but the job is temporary. But there is always next year😁
Pros
Discount, fun enviroment, wear costumes
Cons
Temporary position
Great seasonal job
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 6, 2017
Halloween City is a great place for seasonal work! The pay is good. The experience is great. It is fast-paced from setup to take down.The down is seasonal so if you need a short-term job to save money I definitely would recommend it.
it was seasonal
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 5, 2017
I didn't make much because i was one on 5 people they hired to help that halloween season. But while i was there i enjoyed myself and ultimately had a good work experience.
Pros
it was fun
Cons
it didn't pay well
lack of consideration on managers part
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MENovember 4, 2017
As management there was no consideration for my home life. Changed my schedule to opening-closing without any prior warning and walking in to see said adjustments.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
everything else
fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 3, 2017
The job was fun we set up displays, got to dress up and helped people find just what they were looking for. Kept a clean store and enjoyed the surroundings.
Poor set up
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, NYNovember 2, 2017
Many of the pop up stores, mine included, were placed in less than optimal locations. Mine had exposed wires, no fire alarm, no co2 alarm no safety what so ever. We only had 1 working outlet which we needed a 200ft extension cord to run across the store to power the registers.
seasonal
Halloween Specialist (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, ILNovember 2, 2017
seasonal, great people, customer service , fun, easy. get paied with a card not cash or check or dercit deposit. would love to do it year round , but cant
worked there
Sales (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILNovember 2, 2017
This was my first time working at a seasonal job and it is not the best job, super confusing and management didn't care. Plus they didn't schedule me for many hours since I'm still in highschool
Being a associate at halloween was easy but you have to be fast to keep the workplace balanced & settled ,
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCOctober 27, 2017
While i work at halloween city , i explored different personalities, i enjoy talking to the customers & providing them help without a problem. i appreciate halloween city for giving me my first job & my time there was very productive & i enjoyed my first experience, it would be hard to imagine working in a brand new environment but i got to do what i got to do.
It was a productive and fun work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  National City, CAOctober 25, 2017
It was very fun especially helping out people. The pay was good, the only thing is that there is always stuff to clean. The co workers were nice and pay was good.
It was a Fun Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2017
Halloween City was extremely fun because we were allowed to wear the costumes. The employees were all helpful we all worked as a team everyday. It is a seasonal job that a lot more people should tryout.
Pros
Long Breaks
Cons
No Benefits except a discount
Entertaining work place with slight agitation
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAOctober 20, 2017
It can be stressful if your not good at managing multiple task at once. A fun environment though being around all different kinds of people and engaging in helping with Halloween needs.
Pros
Discounts on costumes
Cons
Only seasonal
fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCOctober 19, 2017
a fun work place . employees are fun to be around . the day goes by fast when having fun. and that's everyday. company is great wish it was a year round store.
n/a
Retail Sales Representative, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAOctober 17, 2017
no opinion to review. why do u want to know so much. it was a great company. ok. that is it. nothing else to say.managment great to work with. great temporary job.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Seasonal job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lemon Grove, CAOctober 16, 2017
I never thought i would work somewhere where they had us hot glue products back together and sell them at full price right in front of our customers. Very un-professional and stressful
Fun for Halloween
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 14, 2017
Typical retail job, cashier, sales, best to have experience. Available 20 hours a week, getting up to 8hrs a week, there are too many employees, not enough hours, only management is getting hours. Unprofessional managers swearing when talking to fellow workers in front of customers. Temporary job but I could have spent time elsewhere actually working.
Pros
Temporary, discount, location
Cons
hours, management
Productive,fun to work there
Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAOctober 13, 2017
A typical day at work was stocking if needed,running the cash register, and attending the dressing room.I learned how to use and run the cash register, stock the costumes, and how to run the dressing room. Usually the culture was fun to be around during the Halloween season. The most enjoyable part of work was working during my favorite season of the year.
It's fun you get to wear the costumes
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXOctober 12, 2017
It's a great work place if you like halloween get to meet new people. You have to customer service, clean, stock the items back on the shelves.The hardest part is after the day you going to clean the hole store.
Pros
You get to wear the costume in the store
Cons
Everything is on the floor
Awesome
Floor Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grants Pass, OROctober 9, 2017
I love working here and want to come back next year. I love the crew, including the manager and assistant manager. They are really nice to you and very funny. I feel like I can connect with them very easily. There are just to many awesome things about this place to type it all.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Halloween City. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2