Halo Branded Solutions Employee Reviews

Independent
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 5, 2017
The sales executives are independent of the corporate office and work at their own level. With that, there is no ceiling and you can make as much or as little as you want.
Family orientated, good pay, great people
Billing Coordinator, Freight Team (Former Employee) –  Sterling, ILJune 17, 2017
Good place to work. Very flexible. Fast paced, good pay. Very family orientated. Nice atmosphere. Great Management communication. Good vacation and paid holidays.
Pros
Flex time, pay
Cons
Healthcare
Poor Management/ Poor atmosphere
Accounts Receivable Specialist/Collections (Former Employee) –  Sterling, ILMay 23, 2017
This company has too many women working in the environment, they all talk behind each other's backs like teenagers. If you are the new person and you aren't liked then they will believe the "seasoned" employees. New employees don't get a chance because of the "rumor mill."
Pros
Bonuses and giveaways
Cons
Some management and seasoned employees
Family Oriented/Fast pace work environment
Order Editor (Current Employee) –  Sterling, ILApril 2, 2017
My typical day at Halo would be entering orders and answering phone calls. I've learned to better prioritize and utilize better time management while working here. The workplace culture is great. Family oriented. Understanding of time off. Hardest part of the job is during the summer months when orders fly in causing overtime for staff; however, the most enjoyable part are the friendly people and the incentives the company has.
Pros
Alo of free food and gifts. Always busy.
Cons
Overworked for little pay.
Geared for Someone Self Motivated and Independent
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 11, 2017
This organization offers an Independent Contractor position where you manage all of your own client base. You can work as little or as much as is necessary for your lifestyle.All administrative support is provided including AP and AR functions in exchange for 50% of the gross profit on any incoming order.
Beware
Sales (Former Employee) –  AnyDecember 1, 2016
This company is a joke and a scam. If you do not sell amount they see fit they drop you. They buy out companies in bankruptcy and then promise the judge to keep everyone on. After its all done they let everyone go. They are rude and not very helpful or anything. Just a warning. I wish a judge would stop them from doing business like they are.
Pros
Cons
Steal customers, drops you, doesn't do as they promise
Fun place
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILNovember 16, 2015
I was only at Halo for 1 year before they sadly had to close their door for good. It was a friendly & fun work place. I did accounts payable , basically entered commissions for the sales reps. It taught me a lot & I am so glad to of had the chance to work there.
high energy place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sterling, ILAugust 8, 2015
I worked as Customer Service Rep assisting Sales Reps nationwide with their orders from Order Entry stages through Billing Stages. I worked on the phone and the computer for the entire 8 hour shift contacting Sales Reps, Vendors and personnel at HALO to take care of any issues that occurred with orders.
Pros
great Morale Committee who worked to bring fun activities and events to HALO
Cons
Health Care was expensive
Was a very pleasant place to work.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP / PROOF TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Sterling, ILJanuary 12, 2015
I worked with many great people, we worked hard and also had a lot of fun. They are a very family oriented company. Loved working there and the type of work I did, I would still be there if not for relocating to LaSalle.
Enjoyable and steady work load. friendly and willing to problem solve staff
Proofer (Current Employee) –  Sterling, ILOctober 2, 2014
My typical day at work starts at the computer. I proof orders and release them to the factories. I also do print/match runs. Deliver PO's to CSR's. Contact other personnel to work on problem resolutions. I have learned the keyboard and the business end of transactions and who all is involved. My co-worker are wonderful. We make the best team. Management is knowledgable and always ready to problem solve. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with others in an office setting and the feeling of comradery.
Pros
Starting at 8am, good benefits and personnel
Cons
too much overtime
Promotional Products Salesperson
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Sterling, ILAugust 4, 2014
Working in the Promotional Products industry is always exciting & stressful at the same time. I love my job, every day is always something different.
Solid people within the company, strong support, great customer service focused organization
Inventory Coordinator, Programs Department (Current Employee) –  Sterling, ILApril 28, 2014
I have very much enjoyed my time with HALO, and would not be looking outside the organization at this time if more opportunities for advancement were available within the organization.
Pros
Great employees, fair compensation, no mandatory over time
Cons
micro management style, inabilty to present ideas for changes to management without reprisal
Excellent Company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Hampton Bays, NYMarch 20, 2014
I am a self-managed person and pay attention to detail. I have worked for Halo for over 2 years and the supervisors are very motivational.

I like working outdoors and manage my time well. I love people.
Pros
Totally independent.
Cons
Policy on delivered damaged goods.
Productive and great environment but lots of unfinished projects left by former employees
Online Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILMarch 19, 2014
There's a fun environment and happy people but it's got a lot of work that hasn't been finished from years ago. The recent employee departures have left even more work to finish without much instruction.
Weigh what you want more, poor pay or great culture.
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Sterling, ILJune 14, 2013
Everyone at the corporate office is very friendly. The majority of the office (90%) is female. Management has an open door policy. No day is ever the same and I worked with a large variety of people. They also offer flex time, which is great for those with families. They do a lot of things such as little snacks and giveaways (being a promotional company) to show employee appreciation. The dress code is casual which I enjoyed after years of being in business attire.

Even being good at time management, it was difficult to handle my large work load and tight deadlines. As time went on the work load continued to increase and so did the stress with little increase in compensation.

The pay was extremely low for my position (small town?) but I was willing to take it in exchange for the relaxed culture and nice colleagues, knowing it would not be a career for me. I only lasted a few years and decided it was no longer worth it.
Pros
Family friendly, casual dress code
Cons
Poor pay
Okay for short term
Ecom Intern (Current Employee) –  ChicagoApril 29, 2013
We didn't learn much. Too scared to talk in the office. All of the interns were basically treated like robots. We never knew if we were doing a good job, and some of us were fired abruptly because "the internship had ended"
Pros
Random bonuses
Cons
Managed by fear
Intern
Online Marketing and Merchandising Intern (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILMarch 6, 2013
Great experience as an intern working with the eCommerce and brick and motor side of a company. The atmosphere was very personable and had good people working for the company.