HALO Pharmaceutical Inc. Employee Reviews

Hasn't reached its full potential
Manager (Former Employee) –  Whippany, NJJuly 7, 2017
Halo is a CMO with many great people; individuals who make positive things happen on a daily basis. Company is still growing and will continue to make good strides.
Do not work @ halo!
Got laid off (Former Employee) –  NjJanuary 14, 2016
Rude management, poor decision making, extremely unorganized!! No future no bonuses!! No pension plan,Unfriendly envioriment ,costly health insurance close to $600mo for middle grade.unrealable production equipment .if you walk down the hallway and say hello to 5 employees your lucky if 1 says hello back.. Every year there is a lay off.would not work there again if they called me back. For your best interest do not work there!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Worst company I have ever worked for
Finance (Former Employee) –  NJApril 30, 2014
I can usually find good qualities in every company I have worked for, but Halo is the one exception. There is not a single positive about this company.

If you are looking for a company with job security, good salary/benefits, a nice work environment, and respectful management, Halo is NOT the company for you. It provides none of those things.

Job security: It felt like every other day HR would send a termination email out indicating who no longer works for the company. That usually is not a good sign. It is a very, very small company and they will fire someone a week after hire if they want to. DO NOT accept a full-time/permanent role with them without back up options.

Management: The way management talks to employees is unbelievable. You don't motivate employees by putting them down or disrespecting them. They do not value your personal life or time. Work/life balance is non-existant to them. Also, the new Vice President of Finance mislead me on the job responsibilities in the role that I worked in. If he was honest with me during the initial job interview, I never would have accepted the role. It was just a poorly managed company from top to bottom.

Salary/Benefits: Terrible starting salary, no guarantee for bonus/increase, and benefits are haphazard at best. If you are reading this and have already interviewed with them, DO NOT settle for their first salary offer. It is far too low and since job security is not guaranteed, try to milk as much money as you can from them.

Parking lot: Yes, this is a trivial complaint, but I think it deserves a mention. Halo
  more... is not Merck. It should not take 5-10 minutes to walk from your car to your office. Clean up the parking situation so people do not have to come ten minutes early just to get to their desk on time.  less
Pros
None.
Cons
Terrible salary/benefits, disrespectful management, very small company, no growth potential, bad location/parking, company feels like a tyranny some times, etc. See my comments for more negatives. Just a bad place to work.
Working at halo
manager (Former Employee) –  WhippanySeptember 21, 2013
Halo is the worst company you could work for.
Benefits are worst in the industry.
Medical insurance contribution from 600-900 /2wks
No bonus
No vacation carry over
Management have no sympathy for family/work balance as they force people to work crazy hours or you are out.

In addition, Management disrespect employees and you cannot voice your opinion or you are out.
Management will fabricate and lie to get rid of someone if he/she stand up for GMP violations.

Salaried employees are expected to work overtime/weekend with no compensation.

Many GMP Violation that will eventually take this company down.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
A terrible place to work
Newer Startup
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Whippany NJMay 22, 2013
Privately Held Company. Qwners heavily involved with daily decision makining second guessng any plans put into place. Typically short staffed so be prepared to wear a lot of hats.
Pros
Good Location
Cons
Job Security, costly insurance