Hamilton-Ryker

Hamilton-Ryker Employee Reviews

productive
operator (Former Employee), Jackson, TNJuly 10, 2015
Pros: liked the work environment
Cons: was either too hot or to cold
I worked in a freezer and the oven part of the plant. It was too cold in the freezer and too hot in the oven. I got moved to another department that was fast paced and I enjoyed it. Most of the employees were nice.
its a temp service that the contract didnt last very long
Wicker operator (Former Employee), Mayfield, KYJuly 8, 2015
Pros: its a temp service
Cons: temporary work assignments
they are a good company to work for but my assignment didn't last very long there for I was laid off not once but twice.Joseph my temp agent was a great guy to work for very understanding and found the best job that best fit me
I feel like I was mislead
pressroom operator (Former Employee), Versailles KYJune 19, 2015
I will never work for this company again. They didn't tell the truth about how many hours I would be working. They made it sound like it would be 36-40 hours per week with some overtime. Okay, fair enough. What I got instead was being scheduled for 72-84 hours a week. If they had been honest, I would've known not to have taken that job because that was more than I could physically handle. There was no need to be deceitful and waste mine and everyone else's time.

Another reviewer has said that this company's mode of business seems to be to lie to get them in the door, work them until they drop, then replace them. That sums up my experience with them. I've worked for several temporary services and Hamilton-Ryker is easily the worst I've worked for.
tables outside
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), murfressboro, Tn.March 18, 2015
Got up early every morning and love this job. The co-worker were great. Made great friends there. Job was easy to do. Checking in products coming off trucks.
Great company to get your foot in the door.
Temp Service (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSFebruary 3, 2015
This company was able to get me hired on fulltime with HSM Solutions. The staff at Hamilton-Ryker are very knowledgeable and helpful with pursuing a career.
Good place to work for temporary assignments
Forklift operator and spinner operator (Former Employee), Martin, TNJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: provided jobs
Cons: only temporary
The management worked with you to try to put you in a position that you were comfortable at. People were nice and friendly and an all around good work experience.
Bad Experience
assembler (Former Employee), Paris, TNJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: paycheck
Cons: you are cheap labor. nothing more. high turnover.
Give them 120%, when you get caught up - go home. Not a good way to pay bills.
You don't get all the information you need during training period (which is a joke). I have been a Corporate Trainer myself.
This office seems to be "pay them as little as possible - work them till they drop - then replace them" dirty way to do business.
Productive fun place to work for
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Murray, KYJanuary 8, 2015
Hamilton-Ryker is a great place to work with. My typical day on the job was always smooth and I learned alot in a field ive never worked in before but i felt comfortable doing the job i was asked to do. I genuinely like my day to day routine. The hardest part of my job was working understaffed, but on the bright side i worked with experienced individuals that always held there composure in stressful situations and maintained there duties which made it very enjoyable for me to work with them because they helped me advance my skills in dealing with hard sitiuations on the job.
Labor
Assembly Line (Former Employee), Verona, MSDecember 9, 2014
Pros: building knowledge & skills everyday
Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators. examine products to verify conformance to quality standards. lift raw materials, finished produscts, and packed items, manually or using hoists. Load and unload items from machines, conveyors, and conveyances. clean and lubricate equipment.
Very Friendly
MTD Assembler (Former Employee), Martin, TNNovember 25, 2014
Puts you on any job or schedule you need, very friendly staff, short work notices, but easy to work with. I don't prefer temp jobs but, they always had a job for you. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people i worked with.
Productive work place
Front Office Clerk (Former Employee), Jackson, TNOctober 12, 2014
Daily work is busy but enjoyable, Learned not to believe everything you were told or promised. Co-workers were easy to work with on a business level. Clients and future employee prospects were great to work with. Hardest part of the job was doing your best and beyond what was required and being told/promised a raise in pay when final graduation/degree from college would be given and then layed off with no warning instead.
This is a good place to work.
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Jackson, TNSeptember 10, 2014
This was a work study job that I was not paid. This was a great job my first office job. I applied all that I learn in school and the staff help me and train me well. The hardest part of this job was leaving and the most enjoyable part was its people. I also enjoyed that they found jobs for young people starting out and people in need.
Enjoyable workplace
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Martin, TNSeptember 4, 2014
Fun environment to work in, would like it to be more than seasonal employment.
Liars
production worker (Former Employee), tupelo msAugust 21, 2014
Cons: everything
Hands down the worst people you would ever wanna work for. They lie to get you in the door then lie to you about the job you will be going to. No communication. Very rude when you do talk to them. Once again LIARS.
Great job to begin a career.
Assembler (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSAugust 14, 2014
Liked the job and benefits. Job is a great security financially.
ok
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee), TNAugust 12, 2014
helped find jobs sometimes. management was cool. The hard part of this company was co workers.
Over worked
Receiving Trainer (Current Employee), Smyrna, TNAugust 8, 2014
Hamilton-Ryker will over work you or let you stand around and go nothing all during the work day.
It was a job and it paid the bills. Did not like the immature environment.
Office Assistant/Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Martin, TNJuly 23, 2014
Work was hot and dirty. Most co workers seemed to be immature. Hardest part of job was constantly lifting heavy parts. Most enjoyable part of the job was clocking out.
Typical Day
Translator (Former Employee), Versailles, KYJuly 18, 2014
Pros: enhance my skills of working independently with little to no supervision
Cons: lack of managment
While working as Translator at Hamilton-Ryker I found that the work load was often more than initially stated when hired. There was also a lack of proper and effective management. This made it difficult to address issues in a timely and efficient manner.
advanced
Mixing Scheduler and Shipping Stock Coordinator (Former Employee), Union City, TNJuly 12, 2014
ok place to advance from gave me a great opportunity. it paid the bills when i needed a place to work

1 2 3

About Hamilton-Ryker

Founded in 1971, Hamilton-Ryker® is a multi-faceted company and industry leader for the provision of industrial, administrative, – Read more

Hamilton-Ryker Salaries