Hamilton-Ryker Employee Reviews

Hamilton Ryker
Candle Maker (Current Employee) –  Union City, TNSeptember 22, 2016
i worked at a couple places with Hamilton Ryker, first was MTD i worked 2nd shift there i was on the tire line puttint the tires on the rims for the lawn mowers in was sometimes easy sometimes difficult but my co workers were great to work with. I also worked at MVP making candles for bath and body works, its farely easy to make the candles we just have to make sure the candles are clean once we pack them my co workers are great
cool people who try and work with you
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MSOctober 9, 2016
Working with this company as been cool because when I was in need of a job they found one for me. They are nice and try to find you a position as soon as possible.
Pros
chance to get in permanent at a company
Cons
benefits are the same as full time employees
Good at finding jobs
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Verona, MSJanuary 24, 2017
Hamilton-Ryker is a company that finds people jobs. Every time that I have needed a job, Hamilton-Ryker has never failed me. They are quick at their job and very easy to get along with.
There are some great lines to work on.
Subassembly (Former Employee) –  Martin, TNOctober 6, 2016
Hardest part of the job is dealing with lazy, ignorant people. Management has some room for improvement. Most of the time they care more about the products and numbers, rather than the temporaries and quality.
very productive
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Martin, TNNovember 28, 2016
Great atmosphere, very productive and fast pace. Great hands on experience. I learned her quickly. The supervisors are very patient
Pros
good benefits
Cons
i enjoyed what i dont most of the time
assembler (Former Employee) –  Manchester, TNJune 3, 2016
enoyed most of my work management wasn't that good I learned a lot at the factory I was placed the job wasn't hard at all and I liked my shift and the job I liked most was the trimming and torching of the parts.
Pros
ok pay perfect hours
Cons
short breaks not being told if were working
fast pased n long hrs with little agnolegment
Part Inspector (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJuly 24, 2016
put in way more time than was asked hoping to get hired and just kept getting lied to really a pl,ace that tries to build you up to keep yuo
Pros
nice co workers
Cons
short breaks
Work Places
Disassembling motors (Former Employee) –  Corinth, MSJuly 19, 2016
A typical day at work is me doing the best of my knowledge working hard doing a great job willing to learn more getting along well with co-workers likes to work over time best hours is from 6pm-6am
loved working here
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Versailles, KYAugust 12, 2016
if there was a job that could reopen for me id like it to be this one. everything about this job was likeable. iliked the job and the people i worked with.
Work was productive and challenging
Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSMarch 26, 2016
Well my review I stood 10 hours monday through thursday on concrete floor my co workers were pretty good to work with . The hardest part was trying to stay awake because I was standing in one spot body hurting and everything and all the office could do is give me biofreeze . The most enjoyable part was when four o clock hit it was time to head out the door. The team leaders were ok cant complain,
Pros
WEEKLY CHECKS AND BEING OFF ON WEEKENDS
Cons
SHORT BREAKS
In all not to bad
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Martin, TNMay 16, 2016
Good place to work. worked on assembly line its physical and got to maintain speed to keep up with the line. Hot factory work what I did but I like that work. It keeps you busy whole time you are there and by time you are getting off work to me feels like i just got to work.
Very Negative Environment
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Versailles, KYJune 15, 2016
I would not recommend anyone to this job. The pay is HORRIBLE. (7.25 hour) The management is not helpful at all. Chain of command is never followed.
Pros
Different Schedules
Cons
HORRIBLE PAY
temp
Hamilton Ryker (Current Employee) –  Manchester, TNMay 15, 2016
no work provided from Hamilton-Ryker, need something real, not just another maybe. will work hard, i dont know when to quit
Pros
close to home
Cons
no work
work
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSApril 26, 2016
This was a fast pace job. Very easy! I enjoyed going to work everyday. I had very funny co-workers that made time go by fast.
Pros
na
Cons
na
friendly place to work
Yard Jockey/ Spotter (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNFebruary 5, 2016
12 hrs a day the job wasn't hard people I worked with was friendly most enjoyable part of the job was I really didn't have a boss which I really liked they didn't bother me
Pros
stayed busy
Cons
hard to get a break
Small office with strong personalities
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNSeptember 16, 2015
Can be very frustrating to work in an environment with people who are insecure. During my employment, this was the case, and management was unwilling to intervene. Loved the job itself, but was miserable working in an inefficient work environment that was not going to change.
Pros
Fun, outgoing job
Cons
Coworkers
Atmospherew was intense
MTD Assembly line (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSNovember 4, 2015
The conditions of the job were hard, but easy to adjust eventually. As a temp there was a lot of mistreatment and Supervisors were very unprofessional .
Pros
holidays off and weekends
Cons
Shift leads and supervisors were not professional at all.
I feel like I was mislead
pressroom operator (Former Employee) –  Versailles KYJune 19, 2015
I will never work for this company again. They didn't tell the truth about how many hours I would be working. They made it sound like it would be 36-40 hours per week with some overtime. Okay, fair enough. What I got instead was being scheduled for 72-84 hours a week. If they had been honest, I would've known not to have taken that job because that was more than I could physically handle. There was no need to be deceitful and waste mine and everyone else's time.

Another reviewer has said that this company's mode of business seems to be to lie to get them in the door, work them until they drop, then replace them. That sums up my experience with them. I've worked for several temporary services and Hamilton-Ryker is easily the worst I've worked for.
Productive workplace with great co-workers.
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Martin, TNJuly 17, 2015
A typical day at work depends on where this agency sends you. If sent to the nearest plant, it is quite convenient. I've learned to have excellent time management skills, and to use communication skills. Management is quite accommodating and understanding to the employees. My co-workers at the plant I've been assigned to for three years now are quite enjoyable to work with. The hardest part of the job is the lack of job security and advancement in each plant. You are not guaranteed consecutive working schedules, and being hired as a full-time employee for the individuals companies is unknown. Most employees spent three to six years for advancement, while others receive advancement within weeks without following company policies. However, the company pays good and the people are fantastic to work with.
its a temp service that the contract didnt last very long
Wicker operator (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, KYJuly 8, 2015
they are a good company to work for but my assignment didn't last very long there for I was laid off not once but twice.Joseph my temp agent was a great guy to work for very understanding and found the best job that best fit me
Pros
its a temp service
Cons
temporary work assignments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hamilton-Ryker. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8