Hamilton Medical Center

Hamilton Medical Center Employee Reviews

great hospital
lpn (Former Employee), Dalton, GAApril 22, 2015
Pros: great patient care
Cons: not enough staff
awesom place to work and i take my father to this hospital for hospitalizations. the entire entity is superior to none. i learned all of my clinical experience here as a nurse. fellow management, nursing, and cnas are very receptive to teamwork. this makes a huge difference in providing patient care.
LOVE the hospital setting
Radiologic Technologist, PRN (Current Employee), Dalton, GAMarch 23, 2015
If I could choose any job, it would be working in the ER at a hospital! I love the fast pace, trauma, and wide range of work to do.
Have to be energetic to work here
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Dalton, GAFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: knowing the rooms are clean
Cons: being known by everyone
A typical day at work would be 10 to 20 rooms that would have to be done before we go home. I learned the ratio of chemicals to the ratio of water or other chemicals . Managment was excellent. Co workers were easy to get along with. Hardest part was to watch people pick on the handicapped. Enjoyable part was to know that i am helping other people out
Everyone is friendly and cares about their patients
Patient Access Manager (Current Employee), Dalton GaJanuary 24, 2015
Excellant place to work. Everyone makes you feel welcome and has southern hospitality.
My coworkers made everyday enjoyable.
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee), Dalton, GAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: competent and friendly staff
Cons: no lunch on occasions
I would suggest this hospital to any patient. The staff is very caring and competent. The hardest part of the job was being so busy that you wouldn't have lunch or restroom breaks. I learned so much that there is no way to possibly include everything on one page. I didn't have much interaction with management since I worked nights. The overall experience was positive.
Great health care facility.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Dalton, GAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: everthing.
My first job out of college obtaining my nursing degree. This was a great place to work with a wide variety of departments to learn trade and it was an excellent teaching hospital with lots of on hands training to ready you for your future job.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Dalton, GASeptember 1, 2014
Great place to work as RN and close connection with fellow employees
Rewarding Position
Team Lead Environmental Services (Former Employee), Dalton, GAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: the people you were able to help and most of the co-workers
Cons: sherry
Really enjoyed working at the hospital. The rewards for helping patients was wonderful. Management was lacking in our department except for immediate supervision. My co-workers were rather pleasant however there is always one that wants to control and ruin it for everyone. The hardest part of the job was being able to accomplish everything that you needed to do versus everything you wanted to do. This position made me want to work hard and accomplish over and beyond what was expected.
very busy
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee), Dalton, GAJune 9, 2014
management does not take time to listen to your concern's within the company.
Always learning new things
Office Administrator/ Supervisor for Dietary Dept (Current Employee), Dalton, GAMay 13, 2014
This was a career change for me and has been very educational. I have developed accounting skills and gained a lot of insight about health care.
housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Dalton, GAApril 17, 2014
working at a hospital I was able to perform a housekeeping job by cleaning rooms and the labor department.
drew blood
phlebotomist (Former Employee), dalton gaDecember 5, 2013
Pros: would get to work with people
Cons: had to go home and leave my patients
I would clock in and pick up my tray and then get my assignments and go to the floor of the hospital and start drawing blood.
nice place to work
Insurance clerk, Microfilm clerk, Laundry (Former Employee), Dalton GADecember 5, 2013
good benefits, the hardest thing was when i was in laundry to hot, nice managers.
Good work environment and benefits.
EVS (Current Employee), Dalton, GANovember 21, 2013
Pros: heath ins., discounts on meals, pal days if needed.
Cons: the only real draw back is the drive home after working third shift, however falling asleep at the wheel of a car is a very big draw back.
I clean areas and offices. Also the ER and patient rooms. I learned it takes a lot to keep a hospital up and running. The management is ran very well by a great friendly crew of people. Co- workers are pleasant and ready to assist new employees, however most seemed pushed and tired. Learning to let some things go because time doesn't allow for it to be done at that moment is the hardest part for me to grasp on this job. What I enjoy most on this job is being able to be a help to people.
Fast paced work environment with endless learning oportunities and room for improvements.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Dalton, GANovember 6, 2013
Pros: fast-paced learning environment, fantastic teammates!
Cons: weekends and many holidays spent away from my family
Working the weekend shift as a new RN was challenging to say the least. I had to learn and grow very quickly in order to keep up and manage the needs of my patients. I am grateful for all the experiences I had at Hamilton including the septic patient who began crashing at 7:45 AM who's life a nurse practitioner and I barely saved, the Christmas shift we worked short staffed because of snow and had 4 codes, the patient with Coumadin toxicity who "had to go to the bathroom" as I was removing a femoral arterial cath which ruptured when he stood up, as well as many more memorable and day-to-day learning experiences. I made plenty of mistakes, but I learned from them very quickly. I grew up rapidly as a nurse in this environment and I am immensely grateful for the experience!
cafaterea had good chicken salad
Paramedic duties (Former Employee), Dalton, GAAugust 2, 2013
Pros: good chicken salad at the caf.
Cons: social clicks
the work was busy, i learned a lot from a few seasoned medics, management was spotty the good once where good and the bad once where really bad co-workers where good aside from a few clicks , the hardest part of the job was the call volume at the time.
the most enjoyable part was learning new things from people who had the experience and lived it.
Its a great place to work, everyone carry a smile even after working 12 hour shifts and are very friendly
Environmental services (Current Employee), Dalton GaJuly 24, 2013
Pros: great medical benifits
The best part of my job is getting to see and meet different people everyday.
Job security and many diverse job duties
Patient Account Rep / Floater (Current Employee), Dalton, GAJune 28, 2013
Pros: responsibility and diversity
Cons: fairness in pay
We are 3 months into a new computer system. Our jobs have become more time consuming. I have worked for in the business office for almost 8 years and I like the job itself.I really like to do many different things and I like to learn. I started as a phone rep and have advanced (in job only-not pay) to floater. I help any co-worker I can and I have earned the trust of my manager to take on many new responsibilities.This is a honor for me to earn trust and do a great job.The hardest part of my job is to have several people need me at the same time. The thing I would dislike most is the fact that I am not eligible for promotion due to college education. I CAN and do learn A LOT.I even help others that make more pay than I do.I do not like the fact that my employer starts new employees out making more pay than I do with less responsibilities than I have. I think that almost 8 years experience and commitment should count for something. The most enjoyable part of my job would be all the different job duties. All of my immediate co-workers are really nice.However,some could use more team work.I think everyone should pitch in to keep the office running well and the patient's taken care of.
Lots of changes since 1999.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Dalton, GAJune 23, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: 12 hr shifts, worked rotating holidays
Was a great place when I worked there. Was a more teamwork based environment.
Great place to work.
RADIOLOGY RESP., AND SECRETARY (Former Employee), Dalton, GAApril 8, 2013
Great place to work and would go back, i left to be able to be off holidays and weekends.