Hamilton Medical Center Employee Reviews

Very fast paced environment, but fun.
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAFebruary 3, 2017
I enjoyed working at Hamilton medical center, my duties included delivering and picking up the patients meal trays after every meal. it was exciting to get to make an impact on patients that were there and to make sure they were as comfortable as they could be while they were staying there.
The hardest part of my job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 19, 2017
I want to help eveyone. I see so many different I would love to take all their pain away. It hurts me to see a pt with cancer and them telling me they know it won't be long.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
watching them die
Excellent work environment and benefits
Unit Secretary Supervisor and CPOE Educator (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GADecember 8, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of a lot of computer entry but also included interaction with physicians, nurses, other departments, patients, and visitors. This provided a lot of variety in each day. I learned over the years to cope with change and to deal with a variety of people. My co-workers worked together to make sure everything was done in a timely manner and helped each other to make the job as easy as possible during stressful or extremely busy periods. I worked with my department manager for most of my 19 years at Hamilton and I would have to say I have never including my military service time had a better boss. The hardest part of this job was leaving everyone including management that I had worked with for 19 years. Family obligations making it necessary for me to relocate are the only reason I left. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the many talented people at Hamilton Medical Center.
Pros
Excellent benefits
clinical rotation
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJune 23, 2016
I had a clinical rotation at Hamilton Medical Center in the fall of 2015. I worked on the med surge floor. The pediatric floor and the cath lab. I thoroughly enjoyed my clinical rotation at this facility.
Pros
educational learning expierences
Cons
no exposure to labor & delivery
Awesome
Guest and Volunteer Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAMay 25, 2015
Awesome. By far the best organization I have ever worked for. If I ever move back to North Georgia, they will see my application.
A level 2 trauma center. Busy, but not crazy busy.
Surgical Technologist/Surgical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAMay 12, 2015
I spent almost 14 years here, but I topped out financially and could now longer advance. Pretty good hours and the call usually wasn't bad. They don't cover c-sections, so thats a plus.
great hospital
lpn (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAApril 22, 2015
awesom place to work and i take my father to this hospital for hospitalizations. the entire entity is superior to none. i learned all of my clinical experience here as a nurse. fellow management, nursing, and cnas are very receptive to teamwork. this makes a huge difference in providing patient care.
Pros
great patient care
Cons
not enough staff
LOVE the hospital setting
Radiologic Technologist, PRN (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAMarch 23, 2015
If I could choose any job, it would be working in the ER at a hospital! I love the fast pace, trauma, and wide range of work to do.
Have to be energetic to work here
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAFebruary 1, 2015
A typical day at work would be 10 to 20 rooms that would have to be done before we go home. I learned the ratio of chemicals to the ratio of water or other chemicals . Managment was excellent. Co workers were easy to get along with. Hardest part was to watch people pick on the handicapped. Enjoyable part was to know that i am helping other people out
Pros
knowing the rooms are clean
Cons
being known by everyone
Everyone is friendly and cares about their patients
Patient Access Manager (Current Employee) –  Dalton GaJanuary 24, 2015
Excellant place to work. Everyone makes you feel welcome and has southern hospitality.
My coworkers made everyday enjoyable.
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 20, 2015
I would suggest this hospital to any patient. The staff is very caring and competent. The hardest part of the job was being so busy that you wouldn't have lunch or restroom breaks. I learned so much that there is no way to possibly include everything on one page. I didn't have much interaction with management since I worked nights. The overall experience was positive.
Pros
competent and friendly staff
Cons
no lunch on occasions
Great health care facility.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 2, 2015
My first job out of college obtaining my nursing degree. This was a great place to work with a wide variety of departments to learn trade and it was an excellent teaching hospital with lots of on hands training to ready you for your future job.
Pros
Everthing.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GASeptember 1, 2014
Great place to work as RN and close connection with fellow employees
Rewarding Position
Team Lead Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAAugust 18, 2014
Really enjoyed working at the hospital. The rewards for helping patients was wonderful. Management was lacking in our department except for immediate supervision. My co-workers were rather pleasant however there is always one that wants to control and ruin it for everyone. The hardest part of the job was being able to accomplish everything that you needed to do versus everything you wanted to do. This position made me want to work hard and accomplish over and beyond what was expected.
Pros
The people you were able to help and most of the co-workers
Cons
Sherry
very busy
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJune 9, 2014
management does not take time to listen to your concern's within the company.
Always learning new things
Office Administrator/ Supervisor for Dietary Dept (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAMay 13, 2014
This was a career change for me and has been very educational. I have developed accounting skills and gained a lot of insight about health care.
housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAApril 17, 2014
working at a hospital I was able to perform a housekeeping job by cleaning rooms and the labor department.
drew blood
phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  dalton gaDecember 5, 2013
I would clock in and pick up my tray and then get my assignments and go to the floor of the hospital and start drawing blood.
Pros
would get to work with people
Cons
had to go home and leave my patients
nice place to work
Insurance clerk, Microfilm clerk, Laundry (Former Employee) –  Dalton GADecember 5, 2013
good benefits, the hardest thing was when i was in laundry to hot, nice managers.
Good work environment and benefits.
EVS (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GANovember 21, 2013
I clean areas and offices. Also the ER and patient rooms. I learned it takes a lot to keep a hospital up and running. The management is ran very well by a great friendly crew of people. Co- workers are pleasant and ready to assist new employees, however most seemed pushed and tired. Learning to let some things go because time doesn't allow for it to be done at that moment is the hardest part for me to grasp on this job. What I enjoy most on this job is being able to be a help to people.
Pros
Heath Ins., discounts on meals, pal days if needed.
Cons
The only real draw back is the drive home after working third shift, however falling asleep at the wheel of a car is a very big draw back.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hamilton Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Hamilton Medical Center Reviews by Location