Hamilton Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

great hospital
lpn (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAApril 22, 2015
awesom place to work and i take my father to this hospital for hospitalizations. the entire entity is superior to none. i learned all of my clinical experience here as a nurse. fellow management, nursing, and cnas are very receptive to teamwork. this makes a huge difference in providing patient care.
Pros
great patient care
Cons
not enough staff
Have to be energetic to work here
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAFebruary 1, 2015
A typical day at work would be 10 to 20 rooms that would have to be done before we go home. I learned the ratio of chemicals to the ratio of water or other chemicals . Managment was excellent. Co workers were easy to get along with. Hardest part was to watch people pick on the handicapped. Enjoyable part was to know that i am helping other people out
Pros
knowing the rooms are clean
Cons
being known by everyone
My coworkers made everyday enjoyable.
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 20, 2015
I would suggest this hospital to any patient. The staff is very caring and competent. The hardest part of the job was being so busy that you wouldn't have lunch or restroom breaks. I learned so much that there is no way to possibly include everything on one page. I didn't have much interaction with management since I worked nights. The overall experience was positive.
Pros
competent and friendly staff
Cons
no lunch on occasions
Awesome
Guest and Volunteer Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAMay 25, 2015
Awesome. By far the best organization I have ever worked for. If I ever move back to North Georgia, they will see my application.
Great health care facility.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJanuary 2, 2015
My first job out of college obtaining my nursing degree. This was a great place to work with a wide variety of departments to learn trade and it was an excellent teaching hospital with lots of on hands training to ready you for your future job.
Pros
everthing.
Rewarding Position
Team Lead Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAAugust 18, 2014
Really enjoyed working at the hospital. The rewards for helping patients was wonderful. Management was lacking in our department except for immediate supervision. My co-workers were rather pleasant however there is always one that wants to control and ruin it for everyone. The hardest part of the job was being able to accomplish everything that you needed to do versus everything you wanted to do. This position made me want to work hard and accomplish over and beyond what was expected.
Pros
the people you were able to help and most of the co-workers
Cons
sherry
LOVE the hospital setting
Radiologic Technologist, PRN (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAMarch 23, 2015
If I could choose any job, it would be working in the ER at a hospital! I love the fast pace, trauma, and wide range of work to do.
Good work environment and benefits.
EVS (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GANovember 21, 2013
I clean areas and offices. Also the ER and patient rooms. I learned it takes a lot to keep a hospital up and running. The management is ran very well by a great friendly crew of people. Co- workers are pleasant and ready to assist new employees, however most seemed pushed and tired. Learning to let some things go because time doesn't allow for it to be done at that moment is the hardest part for me to grasp on this job. What I enjoy most on this job is being able to be a help to people.
Pros
heath ins., discounts on meals, pal days if needed.
Cons
the only real draw back is the drive home after working third shift, however falling asleep at the wheel of a car is a very big draw back.
Productive and fun place to work overall.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAOctober 29, 2012
A typical day at work is to come in and get early trays ready and put in non approriate diet orders for patients that could not order ther own meals. The management team needs a little back bone they let some people get away with more than they need others i feel like every one should be treated the same. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know the patients and their family members.The hardest part of the job was finding out that someone had passed away.
cafaterea had good chicken salad
Paramedic duties (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAAugust 2, 2013
the work was busy, i learned a lot from a few seasoned medics, management was spotty the good once where good and the bad once where really bad co-workers where good aside from a few clicks , the hardest part of the job was the call volume at the time.
the most enjoyable part was learning new things from people who had the experience and lived it.
Pros
good chicken salad at the caf.
Cons
social clicks
I am a conscientous and caring technologist
2ND SHIFT SUPERVISOR AND GENERALIST BENCH TECH (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAAugust 13, 2012
Plentiful bench work/good thing
Phlebotomy supervisor/great group to work with
Tech supervisor/great coworkers
Schedule maker
Hardest part of job was distance driving to work
Most enjoyable part of job was coworkers
Pros
great equipment
Cons
distance driving to work
If you are in the medical field, this may be the place for you.
Environmental Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAMarch 18, 2013
As described in the description above, this hospital is a great place for job opportunities for those either looking to get into the medical field, or looking to advance.
Pros
job stability
Cons
varies based on department, and that particular department's demands.
Everyone is friendly and cares about their patients
Patient Access Manager (Current Employee) –  Dalton GaJanuary 24, 2015
Excellant place to work. Everyone makes you feel welcome and has southern hospitality.
loved working there, great management, job security
Phlebotmist (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAMay 9, 2012
very busy which I loved, I learned how to draw labs very well, the management was great, the hardest part was nothing, most enjoyable part of the job was the busy part before you knew it it was time to go and not stressful at all.
Pros
health insurance, retirement
Fast paced work environment with endless learning oportunities and room for improvements.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GANovember 6, 2013
Working the weekend shift as a new RN was challenging to say the least. I had to learn and grow very quickly in order to keep up and manage the needs of my patients. I am grateful for all the experiences I had at Hamilton including the septic patient who began crashing at 7:45 AM who's life a nurse practitioner and I barely saved, the Christmas shift we worked short staffed because of snow and had 4 codes, the patient with Coumadin toxicity who "had to go to the bathroom" as I was removing a femoral arterial cath which ruptured when he stood up, as well as many more memorable and day-to-day learning experiences. I made plenty of mistakes, but I learned from them very quickly. I grew up rapidly as a nurse in this environment and I am immensely grateful for the experience!
Pros
fast-paced learning environment, fantastic teammates!
Cons
weekends and many holidays spent away from my family
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  2nd FloorNovember 4, 2012
I was a volunteer but I enjoyed volunteering very much. It taught me a lot about life that I otherwise would not have learned. I worked with some very good people. Very few Teenagers worked here during the time that I did. I couldn't stay any longer because high school started getting very stressful. I loved working there though and the ladies and I felt like family after volunteering there for 2 years. I won't ever forget this expierence with the group I had. They are amazing and changed my life for the better. If I had a choice I would definetly go back. I have even though about it a few times but I am trying to focus on getting a full time job to support my family. Hopefully I will get back into this when I get older. I know I sure did enjoy working with all different kinds of people that walked in those doors. I enjoyed taking people things and being kind and knowing that my smile would brighten up someone's day. I'll never forget those people or the joy or working there. Thanks Team!
Complex work environment
MEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAApril 4, 2012
Not exactly the best place to work for everyone with differing opinions. Stress load was more than many could handle, if not protected from other daily abuses.
Pros
sometimes, it was the best place to work.
Cons
conflicts among workers, hard to avoid.
Always learning new things
Office Administrator/ Supervisor for Dietary Dept (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAMay 13, 2014
This was a career change for me and has been very educational. I have developed accounting skills and gained a lot of insight about health care.
Its a great place to work, everyone carry a smile even after working 12 hour shifts and are very friendly
Environmental services (Current Employee) –  Dalton GaJuly 24, 2013
The best part of my job is getting to see and meet different people everyday.
Pros
great medical benifits
Not a trust worthy company to work for
ER Registration (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAFebruary 26, 2013
I needed surgery and they could not grant medical leave so I was replaced. Worked shifts back to back and filled in for anyone but was passed by for two full time positions.