Hamilton Telecommunications Employee Reviews

Okat
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 21, 2017
It was a slow pace job with a quiet environment. Schedules offered were good. It was an interesting job and genuinely helping people while working was a plus.
Good place to work. Good benefits.
Opr (Current Employee) –  Frostburg, MDJuly 10, 2017
Hamilton provides great benefits and keeps their employees above minimum wage at all times. Their management staff works to help if you need help, but some supervisors and leads slack off at times. If call traffic is low, you can read.

Bonuses offered are great. Levels system pays you more for the same job. As long as you're excelling where you need to. Attendance bonuses. Paid a bonus for working when you're scheduled, as long as you're on time.

Claims to be "drug free" but the company is cool if you don't show up to work high or do drugs on property.

Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Benefits. Good management team.
Cons
No phones (understandable)
Great place to work great benefits
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Frostburg, MDJuly 6, 2017
If you can take sitting 8 hours this is a job for you. a bit to get used to but once you know how to this job is great great benefits and high pay and bonuses
Pros
bonuses high pay
Worst company I have ever worked for
Captionist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 28, 2017
Huge turn over rate. Training is excruciating. All they do is read. Also they walk the fine line of the labor board so 6 hours without a chance to eat. Not challenging at all so the boredom will eventually consume you. No diversity so if you don't look like them then you will probably be watched like a hawk for any mistake. I can't understand anyone that stays longer than 6 months. If you need a job while in between jobs then it's okay but if you like to use your brain you will be running out the door. The smart people were leaving within the first week if not day one of training. If they would get rid of everyone that is above an entry level position, drug screen applicants, do random drug screening and last but definitely not least raise the pay this company could compete with others in the same industry. Everything from equipment to chairs is outdated. I just wonder where the money is really going that this company is making.
Pros
No drug test, always openings
Cons
Almost everybody stays high all through their shift
Fun work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, NE 68601April 6, 2017
Everyone was encouraging, including moving up, learning all aspects of the job. The workplace was fun and was always looking to forward to the job. They made sure you knew your job. They offered great benefits.
100% productive
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 14, 2016
going to work under the air conditioning was always the best feeling you would sit at your desk for hours unless you could make up an emergency to get water or go to the bathroom.
Pros
sitting behind your desk, no talking to your coworkers
Cons
Short breaks, to work with them you had to take their benefits even though they were not that good
Only if you can't get hired anywhere else
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 23, 2016
This job by far has been the most boring job I've ever had on the planet. I accepted it because I had been out of work for 4 months prior and after informing them that I had a "life outside of work" they decided to hire me.

First off, training is extremely boring. Trainers read from a pamphlet. Equipment is outdated and the chairs you sit in may have you with serious back problems and you may find a menstrual stain or two in several seats. Just gross.

Wages are extremely low to say the job is so demanding. They hobby a point system that's designed for you to get fired is you have a life. Broke your leg? Child has a football game or you have a petty traffic court date? No excuses whatsoever they don't care your still penalized.

Mid-level managers take their job extremely serious to say they know nothing. Everybody has a conflicting answer and never know the right or "correct" answer. More than 70% of the actual customers can hear what you're saying which questions why your even there in the first place. Turnover rate is like no other. Some people just walk out and quit due to boredom. Your not allowed to be near your phone which is understood but can be challenging for those who need to be contacted at times. The only thing I can say positive is they allow you to pick your shifts, but choose wisely because your expected to be there when they say you or not a minute late or your penalized.

Healthcare is free but you MUST work 40 hours a week in order to maintain it. You'll never see the supervisor until you get fired. Bathrooms are dirty and funky and mainly because
  more... of this one trainer that has a massive BO and it fumegates throughout the whole hallway.

This job is the bottom of the barrel scamming hard of hearing customers that don't really need it because they have their hearing aids in and barely read their screens. Investors really need to be skeptical because this company will fire you with a now hiring sign flag sitting right out in front and could care less.
Pros
Free healthcare, no-fault absence, shift differential, volunteer hours, alleged levels that is supposed to increase your hourly pay
Cons
Short 30 minute lunch breaks with scheming 15 minute breaks, horrible management, low pay, no-fault attendance, dirty environment, outdated equipment, high turnover, demanding hours... I don't think there's enough space for me to list the cons.
Easy Job , management HORRIBLE
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 11, 2016
The job itself is very simple. It's not hard to catch on at all. But management is HORRIBLE !!! They don't care about the employees, it's so much favoritism, if you're not kissing butt you are not moving up, they don't care about anyone's lives outside of work. If you get sick & don't have pto you get pointed for being off due your illness & ultimately you get fired & doctors excuses aren't even taken into consideration . Then on top of being overly staffed you always had inconsistent schedules. Your life literally has to revolve around the job ! Managers all take up for each other so corporate does nothing if you have an issue ! Management is extremely messy & filled with drama ! The ONLY decent thing about the job was free healthcare & even that was not all that great ! This job was by far the WORST experience I've ever had with any managerial staff ! AWFUL ! I hope they shut down & condemn the whole building !
Pros
Free health insurance for FT employees
Cons
Short breaks, mandatory weekends/holidays, point system, bad management, inconsistent schedule.
consitent
captioning assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 8, 2015
the job was simple and consistent, nothing changed except the clients. my typical day revolved of clocking in and sitting all day and checking my schedule. it was always quiet and I learned more ways to be focused.
benefits
Cons
short breaks and no doctors excuses accepted
Hamilton is the best company I have ever freaking worked for!!!!
Captioning Assistant (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 4, 2015
Hello people of Indeed! I absolutely love Hamilton, I can honestly say I have never come to a job before where I am happy to go to work everyday and actually feel like I have accomplished something and done something positive for not only myself but for others. The management is awesome, and they do a great job of making you feel apart of a team and a part of something.

I really couldn't wish for a better job, because no job has ever made me feel this welcome and appreciated and invited. Time management and scheduling is great, staff is always friendly and helpful, and can I give a shout out to the manager he is like the best ever. I just want to thank you Hamilton Relay for giving making me apart of your company I couldn't ask for a better job. Thank you for making my dreams become reality and making me feel appreciated as an employee
Pros
Wonderful people, great scheduling, great benefits, and all around great supervisors and management
Cons
There are none.
Able to read or study on down timeand coach new trainees
Caption Assiastant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 26, 2015
great workplace everyone is different , got to meet new people and advance my typing abilities. sitting down not being able to socialize and interact with others was maybe the hardest part because im use to dealing with customers
Pros
Weekly and Monthly Bonuses meeting new people Benifits
Cons
short breaks
Quiet and laid back workplace
Caption assistant (Former Employee) –  Albany GaSeptember 1, 2015
This was a more laid back type of job it was quiet and everyone was to their self in their own cubical. I liked this job because the management was great if you needed any help on anything and you didn't have to worry about no one watching over you at all time as long as your doing your job the way your required to. The only dislike was the pay rate for me other than that great job.
I liked working here alot the people were all friendly and very helpful
captioning assisstant (Former Employee) –  Aurora NebraskaJuly 14, 2015
overall the people I worked for and with were all wonderful people. they were always very nice, and if you needed help with anything they were always willing to help
Pros
I loved being allowed the overtime
Cons
I cant think of a con for this place
Low stress environment
BILINGUAL COMMUNICATION ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70809April 6, 2015
This job is very low stress and allows the employee to leave at their scheduled job. While in this job, I have processed, translated, and interpreted phone calls in real time between Spanish and English clients that may be deaf, hard of hearing, or have difficulty speaking.
Pros
Health care is covered by the company. We only have to pay vision and dental out of pocket.
Not a good place to work
Captioning assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton rougeMarch 11, 2015
I am a former employee at Hamilton relay and this is a horrible place to work you are constantly hassled with people over your shoulder you're not allowed to even perform your best the whole place is filthy where the caption assistants work while the upper management offices are spotless. This place is a scam when I started working I was allowed to break during my shift I show up one day and they tell me that there's a new policy that we're only able to get one break and during that short 15 minute break I am supposed to use the restroom. Your calls are constantly monitored and you were judged upon than one bad call your treated as if you know nothing at the job. It is a very depressing place to work I had to resign before I mentally lost my mind
Pros
Requires a lot of tardies before discipline action
Cons
Short breaks, rude management, false hope of advancement, crazy hours, always different rules everyday, no consistent information
Productive workplace.
Communication Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 18, 2014
This position is responsible for relaying text telephone and voice telephone calls to and from person who are speech and hearing impaired. All calls must be relayed verbatim and all call content must be held in strict confidence.
Not a good work environment
Former Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAOctober 14, 2014
Management hides behind doors and cubicles to eavesdrop on personal conversations and then uses against you. Favoritism is shown, if you are not liked you are targeted, grudges are held by Center Manager, lying goes on. Will make up rules to suit Management at the moment. Management is not a people person. The list goes on and on. Not a good work environment at all. No raises given.No room for growth. Management talks about all employees there behind their back to other employees.... Just awful. I worked there many years ago. I hope all of this has changed by now.
Benefits
Cons
Horrible Management/Very Poor Leadership; No job Security; Favortism
Rude managers on power trips.ONly matter of time before fired
Captioning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton RougeFebruary 10, 2014
Great benefits, healthcare at no cost after six months. HOWEVER, thats about the only positive thing I can say about the place. No chance of longevity or growth. Extremely rude immediate supervisors. No one works there longer than a year. They monitor your bathroom usage and expect you to only use bathroom on your fifteen and thirty minutes breaks. If nature strikes, oh WELL!!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Everything else
Co workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NENovember 3, 2013
I loved everyone at this job. I couldn't have found better people to work with
Use another company
communications assistant (Current Employee) –  baton rougeSeptember 7, 2013
the job itself is easy it is the ridiculous management that u have to deal with that will make u crazy. Even the district manager does not care about what is going on in the office. No one cares about the employees. there are roaches and mold on the ceiling. When u ask the center manager a question she never knows anything and when she finally gives u an answer it is completely wrong. The employees are overworked and underpaid. because of the no fault policy I have seen people who have had a miscarriage and had their job threatened cause they had to go to the hospital. it is a completely awful job. there is no room for advancement and no job security. if management does not like you then you could be fired for anything and no one will help you. they always talk about integrity but they have none. no integrity towards their employees or towards their customers. I am speaking from what I have seen. Take my advice and use another company.
Pros
easy job
Cons
managers are spineless and don't really care about the deaf community.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hamilton Telecommunications. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8