Hammer Residences Employee Reviews

productive and a fun place to work.
Program Manager, MN (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNSeptember 19, 2017
I enjoy working for Hammer, because the clients and people I work with. in-services to help you in all areas of your job. theirs room for advancements when available.
Pros
lunch meetings
Cons
short breaks
September 25, 2017

We're so pleased to hear that you're having a positive experience! Thanks for your hard work.

Amazing place to work
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  Wayzata, MNMay 18, 2017
Hammer is a wonderful place to work. First job I've ever had where it was fun to go to work. It became my home away from home. Great benefits and even some bonuses.
May 26, 2017

We are so happy that you are a part of the Hammer family. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Good experience for the nursing program
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNApril 25, 2017
Another healthcare experience just of a different environment. More of a fast past experience and Is more dealing with nurse care. Another bonus experience for your resume for the nursing program
May 26, 2017

We are very pleased you were able to gain valuable experience for your nursing career! Thanks for the feedback and best wishes in your nursing program.

Okay place to work
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Wayzata, MNMarch 6, 2017
Working here can be fun, but poor management, work load increases and no increase in pay make it for a not fun working environment. Many crooked things go on behind the scenes. The individuals supported by this company are a great bunch though. There will always be ups and downs when working with individuals with disabilities.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, flexibility, job security
Cons
Bad management, no raises
May 26, 2017

We are sorry that you had a negative experience at times. The Human Resources department is always available to listen to feedback and will do our best to help situations improve. We appreciate the feedback.

It is an overall positive place to work. Low wages, and advancement opportunity lacking.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Wayzata, MNDecember 5, 2016
Hammer seems to maintain a good reputation in the community serving people in the community with Developmental Disabilities and Mental Illness.
In the home of work, the co worker and people
Assist residents (Current Employee) –  Wayzata, MNMarch 25, 2016
It is fun to work with the people and staff in the home.I learned how to work with disability people as to how they always feel about everything. It takes time to work with other staff of different backgrounds. The hardest part of the job is when you do not understand the guys that you work with feelings. The most enjoyable part of the job is flexible hours or schedules and you wok more hours when you can. You also accumulate PTO hours and you en cash it twice a year.
Pros
You eat with the guys at any time, you get healthcare support.
Cons
When staff call at will and you have to cover up.
friendly workplace
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Wayzata, MNMay 21, 2015
other than a specific few people who are in the upper management of the company now that weren't when I started this is about the friendliest workplace you could ever have. Without stepping into the main building for a year you will probably be called by name 10 times within the first 5 minutes in the building.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
hard job, need patience
Great Company!
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Wayzata, MNSeptember 17, 2013
This company truly puts their employees first and will find all ways to ensure your success.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Great work with people in need
Assistant Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Wayzata, MNSeptember 4, 2013
Working with individuals that have mental disabilities, and making sure that they can live their lives to the utmost potential.
Assist with managing a 10 client program.
Complete administrative duties- type and distribute correspondence, answer phones, make travel arrangements and maintain files.
Perform bookkeeping duties, proofread documents and create materials for presentations.
Liaison between clients and guardians/parents/conservators/social workers/caseworkers etc.
Train employees
Schedule medical appointments for clients
Manage finances for all clients
Plan and initiate activities in the community for clients
Data Entry
Medication Certification
Order medication refills
Heart Saver- trained in CPR
Great place to work, family oriented
Client Account & Document Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wayzata, MNFebruary 5, 2013
One of the GREAT things about working at Hammer was the loyalty to employees not only from Human Resources but from Management as well. Another GREAT convenience at Hammer was the ability to work from home when necessary. I had very good co-workers there, always helping out when needed - esp during audit time. The hardest part of this job was the off-site intakes in front of "large family" clients. The most enjoyable part of the job, & there were quite a few, was the chance to interact with our residents. If not for relocating, I would have retired from Hammer Residences.
Pros
friendly & comfortable work environment.
Entertaining place to work with coworkers and clients
Assistant Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Wayzata, MNJuly 29, 2012
A typical day for me starts by sending our residents off to work. Making sure they are dressed appropriately, have had breakfast and taken all of their medications. Every day I learn something new as I work through a variety of financial and medical duties based on the needs of our residences. I work very closely with my manager on a daily basis, often helping her from a managerial standpoint to get her tasks completed. I often involve my coworkers in my daily duties in order to encourage the cohesion and knowledge necessary to take better care of our residents. The hardest part of the job is, at time, communication. We are caring for other people's loved ones, and sometimes expectations are not communicated to the level necessary. Without question, the most enjoyable part of the job is being able to take care and interact with a great population of people.
Pros
flexible hours, great people
Cons
low wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hammer Residences. Our community is ready to answer.

Hammer Residences Reviews by Location