Hammond Clinic Employee Reviews

Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INNovember 17, 2017
The Hammond Clinic was a very nice place to do your externship[. Everyone was very nice and helpful. I learned a lot . I took patients medical histories, blood pressure and pulse. I also handled phone call when needed.
Great first job after college
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Munster, INOctober 10, 2017
A typical day was typing medical transcription for approximately 30 different physicians in different specialties. All of my co-workers were fantastic and easy to get along with. I learned how to type transcription in many different medical areas. It was a great first job out of college and gave me the experience I needed to move up in this field.
A great little clinic that had since expanded
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Munster, INJuly 25, 2017
It's been a while since I've worked there, but I enjoyed my time. Co-workers were great, management was good. I still go there with my family to the urgent care from time to time.
Hammond Clinic
Record Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INJune 16, 2017
Provided records to the drs, copy records for patients, made new charts filing the charts when needed, inter acted with clients for disability forms and other forms
Great Environment
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Munster, INMay 23, 2017
I loved working at the Hammond Clinic, I did my externship there and it was a great experience for me. I just wish when it came time for me to have my evaluation after I completed my 160hours with them I wish I could have been hired on as part of the staff but I was told I didn't have enough experience.
Pros
great work place, friendly staff and great doctors.
Cons
n/a
I did enjoy my time there
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INAugust 1, 2016
go in get supplies make sure crew was there and then clean offices and treatment rooms. I learned good managing skills, how to order supplies and how to manage employees on where to place them to work.
Pros
steady job
Cons
a lot of call offs
Stressful job with amazing people
Occupational Medicine Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Munster, INFebruary 29, 2016
I worked with an amazing staff! When I arrived at work in the morning, I would begin preauthorizing tests from the night before as well as contacting the insurance carriers for other workers compensation issues. I would also speak with companies to maintain client relations. I collected delinquent bills. Management was difficult. I learned to deal with all types of personalities. The hardest part of my job was collecting on bills. The most enjoyable parts of my job were the people- those who worked at the employers, the insurance carriers, and at my job. Even many of those who visited us for exams were a joy,
Pros
Client/employee relations
No job security
Medical Records Technician (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Munster, INDecember 14, 2015
Hammond Clinic is a good company but lacks job security. Over the years, they have laid off a lot of employee's that has been with the company for years. If there was guaranteed job security... this would be a wonderful place to work for. Staff is very friendly and welcoming!
Cons
job security
Staff what great to work for.
Registration Associate (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INOctober 15, 2015
They work you to death and the pay is terrible and no room for advancement no matter how hard of worker you are.
A lot of turnaround with staff and providers and patient compliants.
The job was ok.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Munster, INAugust 12, 2015
This was a temp job. The overall review was ok about 3 stars.
The coworkers worked together well because it was a small environment.
I was not eligible to receive benefits.
hammond clinic
supervisor on eveing shift , also bench tech (Former Employee) –  Munster, INJune 24, 2015
supervisor of night shift , more stats required during the night shift , co workers where in their own departments , .all departments were up and running during the night . the tech must haveabilities in all departments. must be able to work together , ability to trouble shoot instrumentation ,under pressure
Pros
getting the job done
Cons
time off
New Company
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Munster, INFebruary 14, 2015
New name Franciscan Medical Specialists. Working there everyone was cross train on front desk check in. The pay was not great 5.25 that was then 1990's. But you were skill in a lot of customer service and to operate many office machines.
Pros
Flexable hours for families with childeren.
Cons
Wages were low but insurance was great.
ER Receptionist - Midnight shift
Emergency Room Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Munster, INJanuary 16, 2015
Took this job just after I had my first child. It was close to home. Since I worked the midnight shift, I was often bored. Not much action went on. I would much rather be extremely busy.
My love for medicine
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Munster, INOctober 14, 2014
The hammond Clinic hiried me fresh out of Everest College. I learned that I love to help people.
Scheduler
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Franciscan Hammond ClinicSeptember 11, 2014
The job was good. I met a lot of patients who taught me to be grateful for my life. I met many patients who were sick.
But the sad part was that management was sick also, they did not listen to employee concerns. Next step would be to go to HR, right? It was a waste of time. Same issue there. Franciscan prides itself on "continuing Christ's ministry" But some higher ups there do the total opposite! I know many HARD WORKING, DEDICATED people who have left because they are full of it.
Pros
I enjoyed meeting new people, patients.
Cons
very busy lab, learned many things.
Laboratory Support - Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Munster, INJuly 20, 2014
working at the clinic was a very interesting learning experience. I performed phlebotomy as well as working back in the lab preparing specimens for testing. I also performed moderate testing and set up microbiology specimens. My co-workers were great to work with as this type of job depends on teamwork, The management was also a good team in itself.
Pros
very busy quick work day.
Cons
sometimes not fully staffed
great place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Munster, INMay 15, 2014
very hands on great place to learn different departments and the dr, are great they are willing to teach you and explain to you what they need.
Pros
awesome place to learn
Cons
strict attendance policy
too much work and no pay
Medical Records Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Munster, INDecember 21, 2013
minumum wage for any job in healthcare is unacceptable. Supervisors gossiped too much and made the work atmosphere miserable.
hammond clinic
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Munster, INDecember 2, 2013
Busy and very informative in the neurology department. Other departments co-workers were too playful and slacked at their job
Enjoyable place to work at.
Customer service / Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Munster, INNovember 5, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of me checking insurances, updating peoples accounts, taking payments, scheduling appointments and also checking a patient in for their appointment. I learn something new everyday and love every bit of it. My management team is wonderful. Professional and understanding. I love my co workers. I love to work with people and get along with everyone. I would have to say the hardest part about the job is learning a new insurance and remembering all the details about it. I will do what I have to do to remember it though. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of the patients.