Hammond Clinic Employee Reviews in United States

Stressful job with amazing people
Occupational Medicine Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Munster, INFebruary 29, 2016
I worked with an amazing staff! When I arrived at work in the morning, I would begin preauthorizing tests from the night before as well as contacting the insurance carriers for other workers compensation issues. I would also speak with companies to maintain client relations. I collected delinquent bills. Management was difficult. I learned to deal with all types of personalities. The hardest part of my job was collecting on bills. The most enjoyable parts of my job were the people- those who worked at the employers, the insurance carriers, and at my job. Even many of those who visited us for exams were a joy,
Pros
Client/employee relations
No job security
Medical Records Technician (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Munster, INDecember 14, 2015
Hammond Clinic is a good company but lacks job security. Over the years, they have laid off a lot of employee's that has been with the company for years. If there was guaranteed job security... this would be a wonderful place to work for. Staff is very friendly and welcoming!
Cons
job security
Staff what great to work for.
Registration Associate (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INOctober 15, 2015
They work you to death and the pay is terrible and no room for advancement no matter how hard of worker you are.
A lot of turnaround with staff and providers and patient compliants.
hammond clinic
supervisor on eveing shift , also bench tech (Former Employee) –  Munster, INJune 24, 2015
supervisor of night shift , more stats required during the night shift , co workers where in their own departments , .all departments were up and running during the night . the tech must haveabilities in all departments. must be able to work together , ability to trouble shoot instrumentation ,under pressure
Pros
getting the job done
Cons
time off
The job was ok.
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Munster, INAugust 12, 2015
This was a temp job. The overall review was ok about 3 stars.
The coworkers worked together well because it was a small environment.
I was not eligible to receive benefits.
Scheduler
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Franciscan Hammond ClinicSeptember 11, 2014
The job was good. I met a lot of patients who taught me to be grateful for my life. I met many patients who were sick.
But the sad part was that management was sick also, they did not listen to employee concerns. Next step would be to go to HR, right? It was a waste of time. Same issue there. Franciscan prides itself on "continuing Christ's ministry" But some higher ups there do the total opposite! I know many HARD WORKING, DEDICATED people who have left because they are full of it.
Pros
i enjoyed meeting new people, patients.
Cons
management
very busy lab, learned many things.
Laboratory Support - Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Munster, INJuly 20, 2014
working at the clinic was a very interesting learning experience. I performed phlebotomy as well as working back in the lab preparing specimens for testing. I also performed moderate testing and set up microbiology specimens. My co-workers were great to work with as this type of job depends on teamwork, The management was also a good team in itself.
Pros
very busy quick work day.
Cons
sometimes not fully staffed
Enjoyable place to work at.
Customer service / Registration Clerk (Current Employee) –  Munster, INNovember 5, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of me checking insurances, updating peoples accounts, taking payments, scheduling appointments and also checking a patient in for their appointment. I learn something new everyday and love every bit of it. My management team is wonderful. Professional and understanding. I love my co workers. I love to work with people and get along with everyone. I would have to say the hardest part about the job is learning a new insurance and remembering all the details about it. I will do what I have to do to remember it though. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of the patients.
Welcoming, fun and High energy
I/T Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Munster, INOctober 29, 2013
High energy, Welcoming, Everthing was back in the 80's technology. If doctorswanted something they got it. Otherwise it was taken to the mangement team and voted down.
Everything was done on paper. We made copies of copies and trashed very little. at the end of the day when you got tired enough to go home it was good to get out of there.
When Franciscan Alliance bought the Hammond clinic it was a good thing.
Pros
everyone was happy and you could tell by the energy.
Cons
the elevators and things were breaking down daily.
Very large fast paced clinic that offers almost all types of services.
Team Coordinator Patient Acct & Occ Med Billing (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INApril 12, 2012
Typical day at work for me would begin with me checking in with my reps. I would begin with making sure we were fully staffed and ready to go, balancing the A/R, and checking my email and voice-mail. the best part of my job was helping out the patients being able to resolve their billing issues and help them to maintain their medical care.
A flexible company with good benefits, but does not pay very well
Munster, IN (Current Employee) –  Collections/Registration AssociateNovember 7, 2011
This company is good to start with if you want to get your feet wet in the healthcare industry. It is pretty flexible when it comes to hours. The insurance is good as long as you are in-network, but if you're not a doctor or a higher up administrator, the pay is designed to keep you at the property level.
Pros
flexible hours, benefits
Cons
pay
ER Receptionist - Midnight shift
Emergency Room Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Munster, INJanuary 16, 2015
Took this job just after I had my first child. It was close to home. Since I worked the midnight shift, I was often bored. Not much action went on. I would much rather be extremely busy.
great place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Munster, INMay 15, 2014
very hands on great place to learn different departments and the dr, are great they are willing to teach you and explain to you what they need.
Pros
awesome place to learn
Cons
strict attendance policy
My love for medicine
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Munster, INOctober 14, 2014
The hammond Clinic hiried me fresh out of Everest College. I learned that I love to help people.
hammond clinic
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Munster, INDecember 2, 2013
Busy and very informative in the neurology department. Other departments co-workers were too playful and slacked at their job
Friendly work enviroment.
clean clinic, night supervisor (Former Employee) –  Munster, INApril 19, 2013
check in supplies, clean common areas, clean all offices, and clean exam rooms
Pros
good hours
Cons
short breaks
great people
UR review tech (Former Employee) –  Munster, INApril 22, 2013
Good people slow pay . Good working environment. Great managaers but has now been bought by Franciscans.
Pros
people
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hammond Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9