Hammond Clinic

Hammond Clinic Employer Reviews

Scheduler
Scheduler (Former Employee), Franciscan Hammond ClinicSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: i enjoyed meeting new people, patients.
Cons: management
The job was good. I met a lot of patients who taught me to be grateful for my life. I met many patients who were sick.
But the sad part was that management was sick also, they did not listen to employee concerns. Next step would be to go to HR, right? It was a waste of time. Same issue there. Franciscan prides itself on "continuing Christ's ministry" – more... But some higher ups there do the total opposite! I know many HARD WORKING, DEDICATED people who have left because they are full of it. – less
very busy lab, learned many things.
Laboratory Support - Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Munster, INJuly 20, 2014
Pros: very busy quick work day.
Cons: sometimes not fully staffed
working at the clinic was a very interesting learning experience. I performed phlebotomy as well as working back in the lab preparing specimens for testing. I also performed moderate testing and set up microbiology specimens. My co-workers were great to work with as this type of job depends on teamwork, The management was also a good team in itself.
great place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Munster, INMay 15, 2014
Pros: awesome place to learn
Cons: strict attendance policy
very hands on great place to learn different departments and the dr, are great they are willing to teach you and explain to you what they need.
hammond clinic
medical assistant (Former Employee), Munster, INDecember 2, 2013
Busy and very informative in the neurology department. Other departments co-workers were too playful and slacked at their job
Enjoyable place to work at.
Customer service / Registration Clerk (Current Employee), Munster, INNovember 5, 2013
A typical day at work would consist of me checking insurances, updating peoples accounts, taking payments, scheduling appointments and also checking a patient in for their appointment. I learn something new everyday and love every bit of it. My management team is wonderful. Professional and understanding. I love my co workers. I love to work with people – more... and get along with everyone. I would have to say the hardest part about the job is learning a new insurance and remembering all the details about it. I will do what I have to do to remember it though. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking care of the patients. – less
Welcoming, fun and High energy
I/T Coordinator (Former Employee), Munster, INOctober 29, 2013
Pros: everyone was happy and you could tell by the energy.
Cons: the elevators and things were breaking down daily.
High energy, Welcoming, Everthing was back in the 80's technology. If doctorswanted something they got it. Otherwise it was taken to the mangement team and voted down.
Everything was done on paper. We made copies of copies and trashed very little. at the end of the day when you got tired enough to go home it was good to get out of there.
When Franciscan – more... Alliance bought the Hammond clinic it was a good thing. – less
great people
UR review tech (Former Employee), Munster, INApril 22, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: pay
Good people slow pay . Good working environment. Great managaers but has now been bought by Franciscans.
Friendly work enviroment.
clean clinic, night supervisor (Former Employee), Munster, INApril 19, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: short breaks
check in supplies, clean common areas, clean all offices, and clean exam rooms
Very large fast paced clinic that offers almost all types of services.
Team Coordinator Patient Acct & Occ Med Billing (Former Employee), Hammond, INApril 12, 2012
Typical day at work for me would begin with me checking in with my reps. I would begin with making sure we were fully staffed and ready to go, balancing the A/R, and checking my email and voice-mail. the best part of my job was helping out the patients being able to resolve their billing issues and help them to maintain their medical care.
A flexible company with good benefits, but does not pay very well
Munster, IN (Current Employee), Collections/Registration AssociateNovember 7, 2011
Pros: flexible hours, benefits
Cons: pay
This company is good to start with if you want to get your feet wet in the healthcare industry. It is pretty flexible when it comes to hours. The insurance is good as long as you are in-network, but if you're not a doctor or a higher up administrator, the pay is designed to keep you at the property level.