Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,307 reviews matching the search
Great intro to hospitality
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mt. Juliet, TNJuly 24, 2016
Working for Hampton Inn and Suites was a very enjoyable experience. It was my first time working in a hotel environment and I don't think I could have had better management. Management was clear and consistent and always had helpful feedback to offer to us. The only complaint I would have with the job was the swing shift that they used to be able to cover their scheduling.
Pros
wonderful people, meet new people, great intro to hospitality
Cons
inconsistent scheduling
Would of been a good place to worrk?
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJuly 22, 2016
The most enjoyable part of working at this property was the guests. The company was not so great. Management company has to figure out how to work with Hilton.
housekeeping cleaning
Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Hampton inn great fallsJuly 21, 2016
When I worked at Hampton inn I got along with all the co-workers showed up to work on time my rooms were cleaned good and done on time
awesome work enviornment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COJuly 20, 2016
my day would consist of being around a great team. the energy was awesome. i loved showing up and being there. my co-workers were great to be around and very helpful. the most enjoyable part of the day was looking at the room once i was done cleaning it. it made me feel proud to say that i was the one who made it look so good.
Good workers are used and overworked
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 20, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was clocking out. Management expects one person to do four different jobs. On weekends employees are left on their own with absolutely no help from any supervisors or management. There is no rotating schedule to give all employees a weekend off. There is favoritism and it is obvious. Employees have been found to be smoking marijuana and even after physical evidence is shown there is no consequences. When asked for opinions and suggestions they are dismissed right away and there is always an excuse. Equipment is outdated and falling apart. Instead of encouragement employees are brought down and dragged through the mud.
Fun place to work
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 20, 2016
Fun meeting so many new people, and helping people to enjoy their stays with us. Great way to build strong relationships
Great team of thinkers and hard workers.
Shuttle Driver/Maintenance/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Colchester, VTJuly 19, 2016
My usually day consisted of transporting guest to/from the hotel to the airport or surrounding attractions. I learned a lot from the company. I was originally hired to be a shuttle driver, but, then blossomed into the maintenance and front desk departments. The hardest part of my job was how to handle the unhappy guest that we encountered on a daily basis. I loved seeing our "regulars" and how they preferred our property over others, just for simple things like a smile general conversations that they didn't have at another establishment.
Pros
Growth from within
Cons
Hugh turnover rate
good
FRONT DESK MANAGER, (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJuly 19, 2016
great job , great company to work for lot of benefits, also you have access to discounted rooms, as well as reservations around the world.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
guests complaints
great place to work. terrible managment
houseman (Former Employee) –  muray kyJuly 18, 2016
management at the Hampton is terrible. rest of the crew is fine and easy to get along with. very short staffed. to much drama!
Life of the Hampton
Front Desk Clerk/ Housekeeping Inspector (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSJuly 18, 2016
The hotel job had a good rating I love to work with the public and the staff was great with me as well. I take pride in my job at all times. The benefits werent great but I endured. Job security is up to you if you wanted to work and the hours were great. Just doing season(s) that were slow we had no hours for the rest of the staff. Front desk managers were always working regardless of the flow.
A Wonderful Time at the Hampton Inn
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAJuly 14, 2016
After working at the Hampton Inn for almost three years, I am sad to go from a full time Front Desk Agent to a seasonal one. I have relocated to Philadelphia to attend Temple University this Fall and I am very excited. I will miss how wonderful the other staff members were, as well as my managers. I love this job because my managers give us the trust and freedom needed to make our guests day and make them happy they chose to stay with us. We decorate rooms for anniversaries and birthdays, buy flowers for condolences, and buy cupcakes for our guests on special occasions.
Real Fun Enviroment
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 14, 2016
Fast paced at times. Learned how to think on your feet, with some awesome co workers. Its always good to serve people.
Very diverse environment and an enjoyable work place.
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Owasso, OKJuly 12, 2016
You have the opportunity to meet and interact with a large and diverse amount of people. It helps develop your people skills and is a constant change of pace.
Pros
Lovely staff, very enjoyable to work with.
Cons
You work by yourself a lot, evening shift are usually without a manager on duty.
General manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksdale, MSJuly 12, 2016
Not a good place to work in the Delta. Poor CEO and top Management. Long hours. There are employees that are not working and a lot of drama.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare, pay
Not work oriented
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJuly 12, 2016
stocked up cart, received work list, and started working.

Learned how to properly clean rooms.

Management wasn't helpful.

Co- workers were not team players.

Cleaning all rooms with in 30 minutes and making beds.

Interacting with customers.
Pros
Getting payed
Cons
co- workers
Great job, nice employees and they made it fun to work there.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Forsyth, GAJuly 11, 2016
This property was run by the same family as my apartment management job. I got great experience in so many different environments. The hotel was clean and maintained nicely. Very laid back and easy work.
Pros
Good environment and learned new skills.
Cons
Poor pay and no benefits.
a grate place to work
maintenance (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARJuly 10, 2016
we did preventive maintenance on each room quarterly
learned to work on electronic door locks
Management was easy to work for
Most co workers was fun to works with
Being on call 24-7
Going on business trips
Pros
free breakfest
Postive and friendly stuff
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJuly 9, 2016
I really love working with people cause you meet people from all over the world. I really enjoy talking and helping a customer with their needs, if they have any question I was there to help and make sure they got what they needed. I also love to make the customer happy that's just what kinda person I am at heart
Pros
Friendly stuff
Cons
no break
ok
Housekeeping Aide (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHJuly 9, 2016
ok place to work at, just doesnt pay very much. i dont really have anything else to say about them, have a good day.they let you eat breakfast, they check your work and have great customer service
this place is great besides a few people.
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJuly 8, 2016
I really enjoyed most of my co-workers, and I loved my manager. There were only two people there that made going to work regrettable. I loved my days on their days off.
Pros
free breakfast leftovers
Cons
drama

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hampton by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.