Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 2,687 reviews matching the search
fast paced fun job with something new every day
housekeeping/houseman (Former Employee) –  Lino Lakes, MNJanuary 31, 2017
there was something new every day either helping a customer or management, i learned a lot about how a hotel runs and turning out rooms in a reasonable time, the workplace culture was pretty laid back start up in the morning we would work independently until our rooms were done then we would go and help another team member finish there chart. id have to say the hardest part of the job was being understaffed threw most of the busy holiday season, and one of the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with new people every week and being able to listen to music when cleaning rooms.
Pros
sometimes we get free breakfast, get to use the pool/ spa, and deals on other hilton hotels
Cons
health benefits
I enjoy what the company has to offer, not my particular location.
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ALFebruary 10, 2017
At Hampton Inn I was a Front Desk Attendant. My job was to provide guests with an enjoyable home away from home experience, which enforcing hotel policy. I preformed check ins, and check outs. I made fresh coffee, cleaned the lobby, desk area, and kept the social areas presentable. Management changed multiple times while I was at this job in 1 year and 1 month. I respected my managers, but their managers asked them to do things slightly unethical that made the job harder. I loved the job because hospitality is what I love to do. I wish I could have stayed longer and had a better experience, but I cherish the time I had with my guests. I met people from all over the world and all walks of life. I tucked a sick old lady into bed, put flowers in surprises in rooms, laughed and cried with my guests. It was more of an emotional job than physical, and that was both a good and bad thing.
Pros
Working with the people, the company itself, most of my coworkers, the extra needs kids that volunteered with us
Cons
No break ever, only 1 raise in 1 year, hours cut with no notice
Typical Day at the Front Desk
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Stafford, VASeptember 17, 2016
In the time that I have been a front desk agent, I have checked guest into their rooms, checked guest out and accommodated guests to the best of my abilities. I learned that when there's a family with loud children to let him enjoy it because they might have been in a car for hours. My management team has taught me how hard it is to work as a team but how crucial for the work environment it is. My co-workers have taught me patience with one another and that as a team we can do anything. The hardest part about my job is dealing with rude guest. Although I am trained to do so and it isn't something to dwell on it is hard sometimes to please the guest. The most enjoyable part is hearing that the corny joke we made or the smile we gave them made their day.
Pros
Improves socai skills
Cons
No benefits and not oriented to my career choice.
Easy and laid back work place.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Grantville, PADecember 12, 2016
There's too many con's and a few pros, but I'm not interested in bashing my current employer even if it's deserved. The management is nice as long as you're around them, and you work by yourself in housekeeping so that's a pro if you're that kind of a person.
Pros
Easy work, flexible managment.
Cons
No room for raises, advancement, or benefits even if you are cross trained.
Fun work Atmosphere. Great employers and Co-workers
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLFebruary 19, 2017
I really enjoyed the fast pace. It was a great place to work because I enjoy working with people. I loved the fact that I was helping the guest have a more enjoyable stay. The best part of the job was positive my supervisor was and how much praise she gave me through out the day. There were days when I felt like I was constantly running and it was back breaking work but over all I really enjoyed working for this company.
Pros
Praise and positive reinforcement from team leaders and supervisor.
Cons
It could be very hard work and you are constantly on your feet.
Didn't enjoy working there
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  London, KYNovember 15, 2016
Well I, myself, didn't enjoy my time working there. I guess maybe it just wasn't the job for me. Personally I didn't work there long enough for a raise, but I had friends who have worked there over a year and they couldn't get management to give them a raise at all.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
short breaks, and drama with co-workers
Frustrating, to say the least.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHNovember 2, 2016
There is no room for advancement within the company nor are there opportunities for raises since there are no given evaluations. You literally have to beg and get on your knees to be given a dime. Management expects every employee to give everything they have and yet do not offer anything in return besides minimum pay.
Great place to work!
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Maine, MEFebruary 6, 2017
Very friendly staff from management to the housekeeping. All inclusive workplace with great benefits. I've learned a lot of patience in this job where you don't know what kind of personality is coming through the doors but they must have the best hotel stay possible no matter what. Most enjoyable part is meeting people from all over the world. It is the only corporate hotel in town so we get a lot of people staying for work therefore they need as little stress as possible!
Pros
Discount rooms
Cons
workplace was a good environment to work
HOUSEKEEPER/ LAUNDRY/HOUSEMAN (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA 23451January 22, 2017
typical day at work was great we laughed we joked around even with getting the job down.i learn that doing laundry they fold there sheets a different way n the set up in the rooms are different management was being handle in the way it was suppose to be...workplace culture great and the hardest part of my job i really can not say there was no hardest part and the enjoyable part was just coming in to a good work environment....
Pros
free breaskfast
Cons
n/a
Good for school
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 18, 2016
Friendly people, busy atmosphere in summer, slow in winters. Plenty of time for doing homework. Management was new so they were still trying to find their feet. Hardest was when being alone and not enough resources to help the guest.
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
No advancement
very well taken and fun to work with others
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 14, 2017
full of roooms to clean,cleaning well is my job thats what i did,management sucks,had picks,vacuuming the floors and cleaning the bath-tub,making beds was fun
Pros
bonuses, and raises
Cons
good break time
Great Social Environment.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Fairhope, ALFebruary 6, 2017
I began working at the Hampton Inn and found it to be challenging, yet rewarding. Welcoming guests plus balancing your daily duties can be quite the feat. I accomplished both, while building friendships with guests, and reaching out to meet their specific needs. Its a excellent job for someone in school, or college, but I would not recommend this position for someone to career in.
Pros
Discounted Travel, Free Breakfast
Cons
Long hours on your feet
military like, instead of nice work atmosphere...
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cordele, GAOctober 6, 2016
The management went above, and beyond to make it a bad place to work. The pay raise/scale is even worse, with absolutely no thought for the employee, with loud, demanding statements from supervisors, making it an ideal setting for violent reactions...
Pros
Cons
the managment
Long hours, working multiple shifts and meeting great people on a daily basis.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 26, 2016
The really great thing about working in hospitality is the people. The great thing about working in a hotel is meeting a variety of different people, from all over the world. And because I am a "people person", my Mystery Shopper" reports were all 95-100%. Hampton Inn was it's own clique before my arrival so although I trained all new employees, most times working double shifts, there was no compensation. The hotel I was in was run much like a franchise and had very little structure and that was frustrating because I do like order. The management was always changing and when I acquired the Manager on Duty status, it was glaringly apparent. The concept that Hilton puts forth in their company was sorely lacking in this hotel. Although I requested a transfer, it was never approved and my dissatisfaction lead me to return to school to further my education.
Pros
Reduced cost for rooms.
Cons
No benefits.
Great work place!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNNovember 24, 2016
My work hours depended on when I got my rooms done, so it was working at your own pace. The co-workers were all friendly and get along really well. That made me look forward to coming to work everyday. They would also have meals for there employees on special days. The hardest part was trying to clean everything were it was perfect no hairs, no streaks, or wrinkly bed sheets.
Pros
Benefits, Employees
Cons
Rude Customers, New owners/management
Great Place to Work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALSeptember 29, 2016
This was actually my most fun job. I loved having so many various people to talk to and work with. At the front desk, it's mainly customer service. My co-workers were half and half. Some wanted to work with you, while there were one or two that wanted to blame any fault on you. The hardest part of the job was that I had to cover some other people's shifts before... making it a double. Typically, you get your 40 hours in. However, it is easy to lose your job here.
Pros
free coffee, nice environment
Cons
little job security, poor pay, little benefits
Hampton Inn Front Desk
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, GAJune 1, 2016
The day varies depending on how many guests you are dealing with each day, with only 30 or so guest it can be very slow, but at full capacity with 64 rooms the day can be very busy. There is no sitting down in any position (front desk, breakfast host, housekeeping, maintenance) and there are no lunch breaks. We make coffee and cookies everyday/every shift. Co workers are usually good about switching shifts. Management works with you the best they can to accommodate everyone's days off request.
Pros
Always receive 40 hours
Cons
Work a lot of weekends and holidays with no additional pay, no pay raises, no benefits, no breaks, not allowed to sit down during 8hr shift
not happy working there. no hoilday pay and no benfits.
Housekeeper and Laundry (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJanuary 30, 2017
The job was OK but your hour are bad,management,and no benefits.
There is no organization there.
We had to do laundry also so before we could get started we had to do that to be able to start.
Pros
to be able to leeave when you are finish.
Cons
na
worst management i've ever had
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 31, 2016
The managers are more concerned with the bottom line than with guest happiness. The in room air conditioning units are constantly breaking, and there are no new ones to replace them. they just shuffle the less broken ones around and hope nobody complains. the pool is out of order at least once a month, because all the equipment is 5 years old. The turnover rate is unbelievable. Just when you think you have a new coworker, they quit or get fired. There is no support from management; you are expected to deal with the guests' ire on a daily basis. And at least 50% of the time, I was the only employee in the building.
Pros
free coffee, free breakfast if you work mornings
Cons
management, repairs, no consistency with coworkers
Great Work Place
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 6, 2016
Great place to work and work on customer service skills. The management team is awesome there just isn't as much room for advancement within the company as I was told upon being hired.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
No break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hampton by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

78%