Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 3,101 reviews matching the search
Not a good work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lady Lake, FLJuly 12, 2017
This hotel has very bad management it gets bad reviews people don't clean properly I can't work in a place where is not managed the right why or they don't clean rooms properly.
Pros
Flixible hours
Cons
Bad management
not the best place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WAJuly 12, 2017
they accused me of stealing, and then when i was sick and in the hospital for a few day they fired me, they also so not treat everone equal, hireing mostly hispanics who cant speak english, and then giving different number of rooms according to skill set, while the bed strippers, take all of the housekeepers tips.
Fast Paced
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 12, 2017
Busy hotel in downtown San Diego. A variety of customers that have a variety of needs and expectations that must be met. A lot of customer complaints about the train behind the property.
Drama
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INJuly 12, 2017
I loved the work that I was doing there however, all of the ladies that worked there liked to keep drama going and management did nothing to stop it. The place was nice as far as being clean. The management was great as one on one, but horrible as managing.
Pros
nice hotel
Cons
too much estrogen
Great job, bad management
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Meadville, PAJuly 11, 2017
I love working as a night auditor, third shift gives you a lot of freedom, but the management is garbage. There's zero communication. There's a lack of motivation from everyone being stretched too thin
Pros
the hotel discount, free food, interesting people
Cons
management
Fun workplace
Front Desk receptionist (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 11, 2017
Checking guest in and out. hospitality and making the guest feel welcomed. Setting up group blocks for any sport events and answering phone calls in the process as well.
Not a very happy environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  York, NEJuly 11, 2017
The management here is hard to get along with and not good communication with management and/or workers. We never have meetings within the company to work out problems or good communication.
Serving pilots and stewards and meeting a lot of people flying through atlanta made this locations a great Hampton to work at
Hotel Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2017
The management would work with you and the work was tiresome. The culture was decent. Lots of pilots and airline stewardess used this hotel which made this location a better one to work at. They usually were friendly and treated the workers well. The opportunity to learn how to work different areas of the hotel was available if you wanted to. That was a plus. Getting co-workers to work together as a team was hard. Discounted hotel stay for working with Hampton Inn was a great benefit.
Pros
We got good tips at this location
Cons
Late checks makes it hard to determine day end time
productive
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJuly 10, 2017
it waz a great place to worm managment and my bosses where all very nice to work for i was trained to do everything in buliding and they where very helpful when ever there was a family emergncy to take care of
Great Place to work
Accounting Clerk (Contract Assignment) (Former Employee) –  Downtown MemphisJuly 10, 2017
Great Place to work. Good hours. Downtown location. Management was down to earth and very approachable. Team oriented environment. Great comradery between employees.
Productive and fun work place
Executive Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee) –  601 North 44th Street, Phoenix, AZ 85008July 10, 2017
A typical day at work is very productive and I have learned about what it takes to be a manager. Enjoyable part of day is ensuring customers are happy
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Not enough work hours for staff
Productive and fun work place
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Eufaula, ALJuly 10, 2017
responsible for all duties of the front desk operation which includes: staff training, inter-department communications, and staff scheduling. At times I usually work a regularly scheduled front desk shift and must be available to work any shift as needed.
Pros
Employee and family room discounts
Cons
healthcare
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 10, 2017
This has help me find many jobs and just hope someone would call me back ASAP .I love working and getting alone with others along with helping out on the job and helping others out.
Productive, but fun with laughter.
Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAJuly 9, 2017
Working at Hampton Inn was interesting as well as working with some good employee's. A typical day was productive with laughter, smiles and ideals. My learning experience was very rewarding. The GM wasn't a good person to work with, but the Asst. GM, she was great. One of the issues while working at this particular facility was the GM didn't want to order enough of supplies for the up keep of the rooms on a daily basic. But overall I enjoyed working with Hampton Inn and would have no problem with working with the company again.
Pros
Enjoying a good productive day with my co-workers with laughter and conversation.
Cons
having days where the supplies where very short, because the GM wanted supply orders to go out late and lack of understanding family issues.
Excellent work environment
Front Desk Associate & Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJuly 9, 2017
Excellent company to work for if you are looking to grow in hospitality. Workplace culture is very tightknit, and everyone is treated as family. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to communicate with people and accomadate individual needs.
Interesting place to work
Front Desk Agent & Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDJuly 8, 2017
of course most hotel jobs have managers that power trip.
Ive actually worked at three different hampton inn in the course of three years. the worst one was hampton inn camp springs maryland. the manager james hodges i have to say was my worst nightmare.

other than that ive enjoyed my time and experience at all of these hampton inns.
Pros
pay
Cons
some management
fun place to work
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 7, 2017
There was no room for growth in the company. The people I encountered daily made me happy being able to build relationships beyond the hotel. Great company just that you have a cap on your pay. After working over 3 years with company you began to know every customer by name.
I enjoyed working by myself and having my own assigned rooms to clean. Was a very happy and healthy environment to be surrounded in.
Cleaned rooms / Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJuly 7, 2017
My day mostly consisted of stripping sheets off of the beds and cleaning up the room as best as I could. My supervisor was very layed back and was very fair with all of the employees. I can't really think of anything that was difficult about the job itself besides sometimes it could be time consuming.
Pros
Working in my own area by myself and getting to ean the room as i see fit.
Cons
Short lunch breaks.
Well Managed and balanced
Night Auditor / Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 7, 2017
An organized manager is a successful manager and that's is exactly what Hampton in SeaTac has. Most Customers were repeat and referral and were satisfied above and beyond the service they were given. During the more challenging times, managers would jump in and help which made everyone work just that much more to give the customers excellence service.
Those customers that were more challenging to please we would do what we could to assist and management would follow thru.
Meeting new people and listening to there experiences in life was enjoyable and knowledgeable to say the least.
n/a
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 7, 2017
I did not like this job the workers were racist my manager was extremely hard on me the hours were flexible pay was horrinle I woujld not recommend anyone ti

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hampton by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.