Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,306 reviews matching the search
The most negative thing about the job was the people.
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 6, 2016
I washed and folded laundry, cleaned the machines, and mopped and cleaned the bathrooms on the main floor. They do give you breakfast if the kitchen has extra from the free breakfast that is served at Hampton. The people I worked with/around were negative, always talking about someone there. Some even left earlier and left the remaining work load on one person.
think they really could offer more incentives. christmas party very nice. think employees would so much like a bonus instead.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHJuly 6, 2016
we struggle everyday to get linens in the morning to do our job. we come at least a half hr early..off the clock, to try and get what we need. even that doesnt work. management could care less. they are also very disrespectful to us housekeepers. our job is important and physically demanding. would be nice if we were paid and treated a little better.
Pros
free lunches, birthday aknowledged.
Cons
no benefits, low pay, uniform looks unprofessional, asked to come in off the clock to do things
terrible management
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAJuly 6, 2016
I was working night shift (11 pm - 7 am) alone and was attacked by 2 men. After police and management came to hotel after incident my manager chose to leave me there alone to finish the shift with no concern for my safety to return to a Christmas party
Hard work, with no room for advancement
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ALJuly 6, 2016
I loved the job. I feel that with the work load we should have been paid a lot more. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and supervisor, but upper management has an agenda to get rid of who ever it is they don't like regardless of how hard you work to get things done in a quick and efficient manner.
Pros
work on your own, co-workers, you stay busy
Cons
pay, no room for advancement
A great company to work for to expand your hospitality skills
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Elkhorn, WIJuly 5, 2016
I love Hilton. They provide you with all the classes necessary to put the skills you learn to practice in all of their hotels.
Growing Company
Breakfast Attendant (Back-up) (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJuly 4, 2016
This Hotel is part of Smashotel management which is a growing company. When things are great they are great. Do to their growth with any company is working to become a better company.
hard work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  West Haven, CTJuly 1, 2016
working in a hotel as a housekeeper is no easy task I learned a lot from working in a hotel. from making bed with a certain fold hear or there it all about presentation hotel clean the room is how spot less the mirror and tub is all the way down to the fold in the tissue after doing this job/being in this field of work u get use to it after a while the hardest part of house keeping was striping and making beds after a while it put a toll on ur back
front desk
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAJune 30, 2016
Not appreciative of hard working staff, best benefit is meeting new people
working with housekeeping and others is fine til you try to make friends and then the drama starts to sit in.
Great job with Corporate Hotels
Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 30, 2016
I have worked in a corporate-run Hampton under Hilton Worldwide. They are amazing through the top managers. They visit semi-frequently and ensure everything is running to specifications. Always willing to help with problems when asked. Military friendly, great benefits.
Enjoys working with others
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 30, 2016
I love making sure all goes well on my shifts, I am the only one here fromm 11pm-7am so that makes me the manager on duty for the time being. I have learned to be firm with policies and procedures and belive in taking action as soon as possbile. My most tedious part of my job is finishing others work that they did not finish during the day, but am definetly capible of doing so and finishing off my duties. Most enjoyable part of myjob would be seeing that most if not all of my guest are satified with their stay.
Pros
FREE BREAKFAST, FREE WIFI, FREE GYM, DISCONTS
Nice place but needs lots of work
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine Beach, FLJune 30, 2016
Its an ok job for a little while but definitely not somewhere I want to work for ever. Customers and guest make the job have a huge bright side.
co workers
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Clinton, OKJune 28, 2016
The co workers were nice and friendly and easy to get along with as well as the management. The team was like a big family and caring about the well being of others.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
benefit packages
Fun to meet new people
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 27, 2016
Low pay and hard to advance. Fun meeting new people though. The job culture at my particular place was gossipy and inconsistent.
productive place
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJune 27, 2016
it was really nice. People from all over the world came, i had fun with my other associates. they have good benefits in the long run. if you work over 90 days, as an employee you get two free stays there and to get a feel of whats its like to stay at the hotel.
Pros
free coffee and breakfast
Cons
short n\breaks
Horrible atmosphere definitley not recommended
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 27, 2016
This job was awful. You're overworked and extremely underpaid. Its comparable to high school no level of professionalism.
It is a job at this time
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJune 27, 2016
It is a job at this time. I needed a job after my husband and I separated. I would love to get back in the field that I'm qualified for.
somewhere to work
Front Desk Manager/Executive Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 27, 2016
The work was never bad, co-workers were amazing. It was slightly political, more of a popularity contest; than giving customers great service. Management is the soul be hide any company and if and when that falls apart the company is liable to fall as well. But the pay came generously.
The management is horrible....
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 27, 2016
They do not care about there employees having an outside life. You WILL be in there until 4 or 5 on the weekdays and on the weekends (especially Sundays) you will not get off until 7 or 8 at night. If you plan on going to school they will not work with your school schedule. Management does not care about their employees at all and the Head Housekeeper will make you want to punch her in the face. The other Housekeepers are nice and will help you as much as they can but they are VERY nosy and will use somethings you tell them against you.... If you have children that are in school this is not the job for you. You will have 20 plus rooms at least 3 times a week.
Pros
The tips are sometimes good
Cons
MANAGEMENT
Okay workplace
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJune 26, 2016
Typical day was being rushed to clean rooms so employees could go home. I learned how to do many housekeeping related tasks. Management was good. Co-workers could be better. Attitudes and unprofessionalism. The hardest part was having 20+ rooms and trying to rush because head of housekeeping says to pick up your speed, Makes it extremely hard and easy to forget things. I loved working as a housekeeper. I enjoy cleaning, making beds, etc. It's just hard to enjoy all of that in a negative environment.
Pros
Breaks, hotel environment
Cons
Drama between employees, overworking employees, rushing
introduction to hospitality industry
EXEUTIVE HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJune 24, 2016
This was a great place to learn about the industry in busy Hershey, PA. I really enjoyed the location and the fast pace of the vacationland people. Staff was great to work with, GM was a great person to work for.