Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,307 reviews matching the search
introduction to hospitality industry
EXEUTIVE HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Hershey, PAJune 24, 2016
This was a great place to learn about the industry in busy Hershey, PA. I really enjoyed the location and the fast pace of the vacationland people. Staff was great to work with, GM was a great person to work for.
Loved working for Hilton Honors
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJune 23, 2016
Company as a whole was great the owner of the hotel was difficult to work with. He wouldn't allow me to raise revenue to make his brand more more and he wouldn't allow Government contracts for people who were Government related. It would tell them to leave.
Pros
Great Brand would work with them again
Cons
Bad Owner
General manager need additional training dealing with people
Front Desk Agent/housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAJune 23, 2016
General manager is not professional
Talks about employees to others
Big turnover at location , less than proper
Leadership does not effectually handle guest issues blames staff and put in awkward position ,does not communicate well
constantly tells staff this job is her baby?
Writes negative comments in shift communication log that does not pertain to guest but to employees. Appears at times to be intimidating ,over bearing ,calculating also
Displays inferior towards team members
That create a hostile work place that current and past employees agree alike ,also cannot get tips from guest per GM but recieves gifts or tips for themselves
General manager need communication and people skill training .
Could be a awesome place to work with the
Right Leadership .
Pros
Hilton travel passes
Cons
Hostile working environment
its a job
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ozark, ALJune 23, 2016
the job is awesome meeting people and working with computers is cool. just sad it doesn't offer any kind of benefits like dental or healthcare. but other that its a pretty lay back job
Pros
discount on rooms when a teammate travels
Cons
they hire family members and give them hours
fun workplace
Housekeeper/Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mission, TXJune 22, 2016
typical busy day at work, you learned different tasks and get to meet a lot of people from around the world, you learned from folding new towels techniques and covers,
the coworkers were great and fun people to be around with
the hardest part of the job was being in the laundry room.
the most enjoyable, part of the job was lunch breaks.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
long working hours
Love working here.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLJune 21, 2016
Pay isn't great, but the people are awesome. Hilton standards are great and make the hotel better. Hotels are cheap though and don't like to spend any money, so we get bad reviews because things need to be fixed.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay
Compensations
Executive Housekeeper/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDJune 21, 2016
Hilton did offer quarterly bonus for managers if they met Hilton standards with mandatory inspections.
benefits
Cons
multiple changes of management
productive and intresting place to work.
Front desk (Current Employee) –  Bartonsville, PAJune 21, 2016
My day consist of helping with front desk, as well doing little cleaning around the hotel. for example, replacing dirty towels with cleans one in the pool area and fitness room. the job kept me busy, but ran out of things to do really fast but the best part was getting to interact with the guest and getting to explore the hotel.
Pros
lucnh, friendly employes
Cons
shortbreaks, management
Not a typical hospitalty job
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHJune 21, 2016
While I truly enjoyed working with the Hilton family as a franchise this hotels management company were definitely a horse of a different color. Often difficult to work with, their expectations of their staff and managers were overwhelming and unrealistic. As a result turnover is extremely high as clearly people are expendable. Very little work life balance as you are working sun up to well past normal hours frequently reporting, email completing forecast late into the evening.
In hospitality the guest are always the best part of the job as well as the employees.
Pros
Travel disconts
Cons
Bad upper management
fun working place
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  charlotte ncJune 20, 2016
love meating new people from driffernt city an working with many people. love the time i have with other coworker learning new job
Pros
having stand up time
Terrible place to work for
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAJune 18, 2016
Housekeeping manager is involved in religious discrimination and overseeier doesn't knows the bad things that goes on and does nuthing about them there getting reported to corporate.
Pros
Cons
low pay for more work, careless, management is prejudice, unorganized
Night Auditor
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 17, 2016
the position gives you a good understanding of budgeting. I value it because it makes me understand about money and the hospitality business. I have done many auditing jobs for hotels. and much of it is similiar. if you can't handle the lonliness of being a night worker. than this job is not for you.
Great Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DEJune 16, 2016
I love working for the brand! The culture of the business is wonderful! I enjoy building a strong team. Picking the right people for the right positions and building them up to be excellent leaders.
good place to work
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJune 16, 2016
I check guests in and out of hotel, I Balance Revenue and settle accounts nightly, maintain files, fix discrepancies, and reset the system for the next day of operations. Print all needed paperwork to close out the day and for starting the new day while performing guest service agent tasks and duties.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
midnight shift
Unskilled Management- Risk factor
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 15, 2016
Inexperienced Management making poor decisions is why I left.

Poor Financial from Management to the point my incoming orders from Sysco were denied due to non payment of previous orders was a little embarrassing when kitchen is out of stock and orders not being filled

Co-workers were of mixture of college students and convicts. I still keep in contact with several of the students to see how they are blossoming.

I loved ordering inventory for lobby and kitchen. I also got to select which of the items I was going to cook each day. Gave me a little freedom from the daily grind.
Pros
I liked working for a Hilton Propery
Cons
Unsafe
Disappointing hours and management
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Defiance, OHJune 14, 2016
I quit a full-time position for a 20- hours a week position here, when I was promised at least 30 or 35 hours a week. Some on the management team discriminate against you if you regularly take the allotted 15 minute lunch break. However, never had any problems with non-management. For me, the hardest part about the job is meeting the time deadlines and rising up past the drama and accusations that fly from management.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Poor hours, unpredictable schedule, short or nonexistent breaks, inflexible management
The past year
Front Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sturbridge, MAJune 14, 2016
I come in 2-10 everyday. Alone at the front desk, no housekeeping, no maintenance. Over worked everyday, too much for one person. When I have someone working with me everything is ok. Management doesn't care about the company and he's never around. Front desk gets the brunt of complaints while management is not to be seen. Co workers are nice but they are slow and inconsistent. I do not like to work 2-10.
N/a
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  Tilton, NHJune 14, 2016
Hilton is a great company. Some of the franchises are not so great unfortunately. ArchGrove Hospitality allows no room for employee advancement.
Not enough money
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Stow, OHJune 12, 2016
Great job,love the independence of literally running the hotel alone 2nd and 3rd shifts. Management is great. It's just a shame they don't pay a living wage or I'd stay ...
Pros
Disc rooms anywhere in the world
Cons
No breaks, no money
Great place for young professionals
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 10, 2016
Loved this job! Great staff, management, everything.They care about you well being and really want to see you succeed. The whole company is one big family and it's just truly awesome. And has great pay.