Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,307 reviews matching the search
A Wonderful Time at the Hampton Inn
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAJuly 14, 2016
After working at the Hampton Inn for almost three years, I am sad to go from a full time Front Desk Agent to a seasonal one. I have relocated to Philadelphia to attend Temple University this Fall and I am very excited. I will miss how wonderful the other staff members were, as well as my managers. I love this job because my managers give us the trust and freedom needed to make our guests day and make them happy they chose to stay with us. We decorate rooms for anniversaries and birthdays, buy flowers for condolences, and buy cupcakes for our guests on special occasions.
The Manger is still learning
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 24, 2016
what learned at my job is that you should always keep looking for a job even when you think your job is secure, You should to everything your mangers or management what go above and beyond what you expended to do (Lock Your Socks of Service). Your coworkers you do you best to be a friend but no a friend if you know what I mean. The hardest part for me was switching to new manger The new manger was learning his job and told he did not like it. So I really know what to tell him. I liked my job because all the people I met and was able to help get a room for the night.
Pros
Helping People out
Cons
New Manger
Fun yet professional work place with great management.
Lead Guest Service Agent- Welcome (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX 78701February 10, 2016
This hotel is a really great company to work for and management is wonderful. I'm with a company who truly care about their employees and treat them as royalty. If we ever need anything, all we ever have to do is ask. The staff I work with are amazing. Every single one of them have been so great to work with and they all make work so much fun and they are an awesome team! Their team efforts are unbelievable. Every day we always learn something new, no joke. Our manager always comes in with an objective and wants us to learn it by the end of the day. It's so helpful because it prevents us from getting stuck in a situation with guests and it's also helping us move up within the company. The hardest part about the job is learning how to be patient with the guests. Sometimes, we will get a very unhappy guest and they will take all their anger out on you, even if you were not at fault. The hard part is just smiling and complying. But the best part is being rewarded for all the hard work you do and Hampton Inn & Suites always makes sure to let you know that they recognize all that you do. I love working for this company!
Pros
Free breakfast, free lunches once a month, free parking when not full.
Cons
Parking is sometimes a hassle
think they really could offer more incentives. christmas party very nice. think employees would so much like a bonus instead.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHJuly 6, 2016
we struggle everyday to get linens in the morning to do our job. we come at least a half hr early..off the clock, to try and get what we need. even that doesnt work. management could care less. they are also very disrespectful to us housekeepers. our job is important and physically demanding. would be nice if we were paid and treated a little better.
Pros
free lunches, birthday aknowledged.
Cons
no benefits, low pay, uniform looks unprofessional, asked to come in off the clock to do things
Drama free work enviroment
Fron Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 26, 2015
I love working for the Hampton Inn & Suites here in Birmingham Al.
The new AGM is wonderful and communicates efficiently with all employees. Unfortunately though this management company does not offer any benefits. You will typically always get 40 hours a week, but they cut hours around the holiday because we are slow.
Pros
free snacks, Hilton Hotel Discount
Cons
No Benefits
Good place to work questionable staff
Breakfast attendent (Current Employee) –  TexasNovember 27, 2015
There is no denying that in the hotel business starting on the ground level seems like a good idea because the only way to go is up... Or at least you would think. But just like every work place you have your gems and you have your rotten eggs meaning some are good at their jobs others do not particularly care about their jobs they just arrive to make a pay check and do the minimum that is required to stay employed. The manager on site is a good woman who handles things in a timely fashion and is very kind to guest. the rest of the crew has an issue with balancing being social and doing what needs to be done in their department. I would recommend this job to people starting out at front desk with some of the older hotels that have been around for 5 years or more.

If you are looking for long term I would suggest taking up pbx or management opening instead.
Pros
Friendly people, good management
Cons
stressful, hard hours and multiple task, low pay.
Enjoys working with others
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 30, 2016
I love making sure all goes well on my shifts, I am the only one here fromm 11pm-7am so that makes me the manager on duty for the time being. I have learned to be firm with policies and procedures and belive in taking action as soon as possbile. My most tedious part of my job is finishing others work that they did not finish during the day, but am definetly capible of doing so and finishing off my duties. Most enjoyable part of myjob would be seeing that most if not all of my guest are satified with their stay.
Pros
FREE BREAKFAST, FREE WIFI, FREE GYM, DISCONTS
excellent work environment
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Moab, UTSeptember 28, 2015
Management was very accommodating to employees schedules, the entire staff got along well. Raises were fairly given.
Pros
often free breakfast and tem lunches
Cons
I picked up the slack for a lot of slower workers pretty often
Housekeeping supervisor
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2016
Inspecting guest rooms and public areas after they have been cleaned by a Housekeeper to ensure quality standards.
Making sure that guest’s bedrooms, corridors and public areas are serviced in accordance with the company’s standards.
Evaluating, counselling, motivating and coaching employees.
Following all company and safety and security policies and procedures.
Reporting any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries to senior managers.
Organising staff rotas.
Report any hygiene issues and following up as necessary.
An Average Day
Front Desk Agent/ Supervisor / Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Port St. Lucie, FLNovember 22, 2015
Being that I've only worked for hotels, there is no such thing as an average work day. Working for a hotel it's very rare to have the same day twice in one week. Being apart of management, I dealt with the good end and the bad end, I've dealt with very angry guest from room cleanliness to guest, to very delightful guest complimenting the front desk staff. I would probably say the hardest part of my job is trying to make every coworker happy, working and adjusting schedules so everyone is treated equal. The most enjoyable part of my job, is making the guest happy, putting smiles on all of their faces, from accommodating each and everyone of their request.
Disappointing hours and management
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Defiance, OHJune 14, 2016
I quit a full-time position for a 20- hours a week position here, when I was promised at least 30 or 35 hours a week. Some on the management team discriminate against you if you regularly take the allotted 15 minute lunch break. However, never had any problems with non-management. For me, the hardest part about the job is meeting the time deadlines and rising up past the drama and accusations that fly from management.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Poor hours, unpredictable schedule, short or nonexistent breaks, inflexible management
Great Palce
Chief Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLApril 1, 2016
Maintain the physical functionality and safety of the facility including, but not limited to, guest rooms, public space and heart-of-the-house areas. Respond to guest calls and team member work orders in a timely, friendly and efficient manner to assess and repair non-functioning machinery and/or equipment. Perform a variety of repair maintenance tasks including, but not limited to carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, painting, HVAC work and masonry. Conduct inspections for preventive maintenance needs. Record and report completed repairs and items that require further attention. Responsible for ordering equipment when needed.
Great Managment
Front desk receptionist (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LAMarch 22, 2016
I was a pharmacy tech for this company. I counted and measured drugs for 800 customers a day. It was a very busy place but the management and co workers made each day better.
Pros
awesome management
Cons
rude customers
Great Company
Night Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 7, 2016
I've worked for Hampton Inn and Suites Crabtree nearly since this property opened. One of the most professional teams I've had the pleasure of working with. Management is always eager to help those that want to learn and identify opportunities for improvement.

However, moving up with this particular company can be a little difficult, you have to put in the time and show a continuous effort.
Hard field to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAApril 4, 2016
Much and much effort needs to be put in to achieve the goal of the job. Bored place of employment and stiff rules, disregards of welfare and wellbeing of staff by the management. No benefit at last
very hard work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILApril 6, 2016
While i liked my job, it was hard at times, the co-workers were very friendly. the upper management was not very orderly and didnt seem to care that we worked so hard to please everyone.
Pros
Shift start was good
Cons
hated to be on a time line
staff was great
OPERATIONS /ASSISTANT GENERAL MGR (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSJanuary 22, 2016
work day was meetings with owner and staff and making sure managers were on task for the day
many different things about hampton inn and holiday inn and marriott hotels
management was very help and knew their job
co workers good set to work for
sometimes it was football weekends that would be crazy but fun
making guest and employees happy
Pros
staff and management
Cons
drive 50 miles one way
Nice place to work
Hotel Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 16, 2016
I love all my co workers. The hardest part of the job is just keeping up on our busiest days. Management is awesome. The most enjoyable time is huddle time when we go over daily scores and play games.
high stress, owners who gossip about employees
General Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaMay 9, 2016
-minimal paperwork or reports required
-learned a lot about the Hampton brand
-management is the worst I've ever worked with
-co-workers helped each other but were equally afraid of loosing their jobs on any give day
-the hardest part of the job was dealing with the owners and corporate office employees who are rude and unhelpful and spend a lot of time gossiping about employees.
-the most enjoyable part of the job is working for a great brand like Hilton.
Pros
Great brand
Cons
rude, unhelpful, gossiping, unethical practices
Easy to get along with co-workers
HOUSE KEEPING (Former Employee) –  Fort Stockton, TXMarch 2, 2016
Typical day included cleaning rooms, I learned how to clean to the Hamptons expectations. Management was strict but fair. Co-workers were mostly quiet but good people to talk to. Everything about the job was easy, and I enjoyed the quiet times while working.
Pros
Quiet
Cons
Short Breaks