Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 3,104 reviews matching the search
Fast paced
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 2, 2017
Very fast paced. We were always short staffed so it made the job difficult. Checked in 60-100 guests per day alone. No evening maintenance or houseman. Was very stressful.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Busy, not enough staff
Great
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLJuly 1, 2017
Working here is a great experience. I learned a lot about checking guest in and out, alcohol awareness and customer service. The staff is very nice and helpful, they are always there whenever I need them. The homestead area is also great.
Productive, well organized work place, great staff
HOUSE KEEPER (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLJuly 1, 2017
A typical work day at Hampton Inn is tough but rewarding. I learned costumer service, friendliness, hamptonality. The hardest part of the job is the physical labor and the most enjoyable part was the amazing staff and feeling accomplished at the end of the day.
Pros
Great, friendly staff, free coffee
Cons
short break, no health care benefits
hampton work life
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Pensacola Beach, FLJuly 1, 2017
Management left us on our own. When we needed help we were treated like we were idiots. The company wanted us to raise the rates in order to receieve bigger bonuses and supposedly make more money. Constantly felt disrespected by management and the way they treated others.
Pros
hourly rate
Cons
no paid overtime, short breaks
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  North Brunswick, NJJune 30, 2017
Good place to work and great environment to excel in only downside is some of the management, although selfish I learned some useful things through their examples.
good work
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCJune 30, 2017
Slow paced job not a lot of hassle, mostly just a general customer service job. 3rd shift hours only draw back had to be expectantly quiet some danger patrolling around the grounds.
Pros
always had work
Cons
third shift
its a good fun and quiet place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 29, 2017
Working at the Hampton Inn at first was a little scary but then I met a few workers and got familiar with the place so it began to get less scary. I like it now
Pros
easy work
Management does not care about employees
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Middletown, OHJune 29, 2017
They expect you to do more than your job title for what little pay you make. And reprimand you for not finishing another shifts job.Such a high turnover here. Would not recommend anyone to work for a company like this
Not a good place to work
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYJune 29, 2017
I would be out on the road several times a week to drum up sales

I also would received customers who came in to the Hotel to see if they could rent a conference room for their wedding reception
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
General Manager
Good employees
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, GAJune 29, 2017
Working on work orders. picking up material from the local hardware store. I have experience in management and daily work load, I had some good fellow employees to work with.
Pros
Being a supervisor
Cons
Budget problems
not good leadership in bussiness
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Juno Beach, FLJune 29, 2017
over load of work with no good idea of how to cover the floors when you work one area one day and than the next day your moved and someone is getting your tips or tips begin taken out the rooms before you arrive for your work day
Pros
need better pay
Cons
not which work area everyday
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SC 29150June 28, 2017
This establishment is a great place to work. You get to meet people from all cross the world. The management could be better but the experience that you gain could be well worth it.
very good teamwork
House keeping (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 28, 2017
it is basically a very good hotel and very nice management. all the staff are hardworking and doing great on every assignments.
i learnt the most is the teamwork. co-workers on these hotel are very cooperative and very professional.it is indeed a good experience.
Meeting and getting to knowGuest
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Kingsland, GAJune 28, 2017
The typical work day was to go clean my rooms. I really did not learn much from this job. The management was ok but not excellent. The workplace was good. There was nothing hard about this job. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the guest and getting to know them better.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
healthcare, paid vacations
Awesome work place
Room Inspector (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2017
I enjoyed my time working there. I had a great opportunity. I started as a room attendant and then promoted to a room inspector. Great staff we were like a family.
great starter
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJune 26, 2017
a typical work day it contains cleaning hotel rooms like making beds, the hardest part of the job was cleaning a room under 30 minutes, however, the most enjoyable part was the staff itself.
Pros
experiences
Life at Hampton Inn
GUEST SERVICES ASSOCIATE - FRONT DESK (Current Employee) –  Springdale, UTJune 26, 2017
I enjoyed all aspects of my job as related to serving guests. Other than that it was not a very enjoyable place to work due to the fact that many employees and managers seemed unable to leave personal issues at the front door. I very much felt that my business knowledge and skills were often a detriment to me and that I was expected to be a "corporate robot" despite being told to express myself. I spent more time worrying about whether my deeds or actions may offend or upset a co-worker than I was able to spend on keeping guests satisfied and happy. It is my belief that much of this was due to poor management styles coupled with personal insecurities and issues among the staff and management.
Pros
Hotel discounts worldwide
Cons
Poor, poor management
first job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJune 26, 2017
I loved working here I learned a lot for it being my first job I learned how to clean much better and do laundry quicker by folding sheets .. good people
Fast paced environment.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 26, 2017
I enjoyed it mainly due to the fact I interacted with people. I developed my social skills doing this job so I'm very thankful for the opportunity given.
This place was pretty fun. I enjoyed meeting new people.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 26, 2017
A typical day would be clicking in. I would grab all my list of rooms I needed. I would then grab the chemicals to clean the rooms. Once I got to the floor I would stalk my cart. I would then go to the rooms and start with the beds. They was the hardest to do. I would then work my way to the bathroom which was the easiest to do. The work culture was different everyone did everything different. Most enjoyable part was being able to communicate with fellow employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hampton by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval