Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,306 reviews matching the search
The Manger is still learning
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTMay 24, 2016
what learned at my job is that you should always keep looking for a job even when you think your job is secure, You should to everything your mangers or management what go above and beyond what you expended to do (Lock Your Socks of Service). Your coworkers you do you best to be a friend but no a friend if you know what I mean. The hardest part for me was switching to new manger The new manger was learning his job and told he did not like it. So I really know what to tell him. I liked my job because all the people I met and was able to help get a room for the night.
Pros
Helping People out
Cons
New Manger
A Wonderful Time at the Hampton Inn
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAJuly 14, 2016
After working at the Hampton Inn for almost three years, I am sad to go from a full time Front Desk Agent to a seasonal one. I have relocated to Philadelphia to attend Temple University this Fall and I am very excited. I will miss how wonderful the other staff members were, as well as my managers. I love this job because my managers give us the trust and freedom needed to make our guests day and make them happy they chose to stay with us. We decorate rooms for anniversaries and birthdays, buy flowers for condolences, and buy cupcakes for our guests on special occasions.
think they really could offer more incentives. christmas party very nice. think employees would so much like a bonus instead.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHJuly 6, 2016
we struggle everyday to get linens in the morning to do our job. we come at least a half hr early..off the clock, to try and get what we need. even that doesnt work. management could care less. they are also very disrespectful to us housekeepers. our job is important and physically demanding. would be nice if we were paid and treated a little better.
Pros
free lunches, birthday aknowledged.
Cons
no benefits, low pay, uniform looks unprofessional, asked to come in off the clock to do things
I Enjoy My Guests
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Athens, ALJanuary 21, 2016
I love the job and all the experiences with my guests. I learned a lot through the training that Hilton offers, and hands on experiences with guests. Management at this location I feel needed some attention. My reason for leaving is there is no chance of advancement and pay was very low due to 2 management companies.
Pros
Great co-workers and wonderful guest experiences
Hampton Inn
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 18, 2015
Supportive management, enjoy working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. Lots of variety in what I did each day.
Pros
Meeting guests from different parts of the country
Cons
no benefits
Housekeeping supervisor
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2016
Inspecting guest rooms and public areas after they have been cleaned by a Housekeeper to ensure quality standards.
Making sure that guest’s bedrooms, corridors and public areas are serviced in accordance with the company’s standards.
Evaluating, counselling, motivating and coaching employees.
Following all company and safety and security policies and procedures.
Reporting any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries to senior managers.
Organising staff rotas.
Report any hygiene issues and following up as necessary.
Enjoys working with others
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 30, 2016
I love making sure all goes well on my shifts, I am the only one here fromm 11pm-7am so that makes me the manager on duty for the time being. I have learned to be firm with policies and procedures and belive in taking action as soon as possbile. My most tedious part of my job is finishing others work that they did not finish during the day, but am definetly capible of doing so and finishing off my duties. Most enjoyable part of myjob would be seeing that most if not all of my guest are satified with their stay.
Pros
FREE BREAKFAST, FREE WIFI, FREE GYM, DISCONTS
Great Palce
Chief Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLApril 1, 2016
Maintain the physical functionality and safety of the facility including, but not limited to, guest rooms, public space and heart-of-the-house areas. Respond to guest calls and team member work orders in a timely, friendly and efficient manner to assess and repair non-functioning machinery and/or equipment. Perform a variety of repair maintenance tasks including, but not limited to carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, painting, HVAC work and masonry. Conduct inspections for preventive maintenance needs. Record and report completed repairs and items that require further attention. Responsible for ordering equipment when needed.
I do not recommend this property
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 14, 2015
Management unavailable taking long lunches if they were there at all. Did not get breaks on a regular basis.
Unethical
Unprofessional
micromanaging
benefits
Cons
everything else
Disappointing hours and management
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Defiance, OHJune 14, 2016
I quit a full-time position for a 20- hours a week position here, when I was promised at least 30 or 35 hours a week. Some on the management team discriminate against you if you regularly take the allotted 15 minute lunch break. However, never had any problems with non-management. For me, the hardest part about the job is meeting the time deadlines and rising up past the drama and accusations that fly from management.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Poor hours, unpredictable schedule, short or nonexistent breaks, inflexible management
poor management
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Coldwater, MISeptember 21, 2015
General manager will always make you take the fall even though the issue was with them. No room for advancement and no benefits.
Great people, okay everything else
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMarch 22, 2016
The team I work with is great, all the people seem genuinely happy to be here, and they're all pretty dedicated to their jobs. My problem is with management and the fact that they seem not to accept suggestions or criticisms. I really like the job but having to deal with outdated equipment and policies is also a hassle.
Pros
Employee lunches and outings, largely discounted travel
Cons
Fluctuating hours, sub-par pay
high stress, owners who gossip about employees
General Manager (Former Employee) –  AlabamaMay 9, 2016
-minimal paperwork or reports required
-learned a lot about the Hampton brand
-management is the worst I've ever worked with
-co-workers helped each other but were equally afraid of loosing their jobs on any give day
-the hardest part of the job was dealing with the owners and corporate office employees who are rude and unhelpful and spend a lot of time gossiping about employees.
-the most enjoyable part of the job is working for a great brand like Hilton.
Pros
Great brand
Cons
rude, unhelpful, gossiping, unethical practices
Great co-workers. Feels like a family!
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 17, 2016
I have only worked with this company for a short while, but can see already that I would like to remain in this industry for quite some time. Even making a career out of it!
Pros
Free Coffee, Popcorn, Cookies. Holiday Parties. 40 hour work week!
Cons
Standing for long periods of time.
Fast and furious work place
Chief Engineer/Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Natchez, MSApril 25, 2015
The typical work day is a non-factor at Hampton Inn. All activity is based upon what the guest needs. That can range from making copies of documents to building a new plumbing system.
I learned that I have really good Critical Thinking Skills and Problem Solving Skills.
The Management Staff is hard working and cares about making the Hampton Inn the best possible Hotel in Natchez.
The most difficult part of this job is the two and three week work schedules with out any days off and the complete and total lack of any type of health and medical benefits.
I really enjoy making things work that are broken and solving the problems to the satisfaction of the guests.
Respectfull and courteous enviroment.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Savannah Ga.August 7, 2015
Productive and respectful environment. Courteous to all regardless of gender. Safe environment. Co-workers treat each other as family. Management helpful and kind.
Pros
Time off as needed, short breaks as needed, healthcare insurance, and other benefits.
Cons
working in the rain and the snow.
Housekkeeper
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Brigham City, UTApril 26, 2016
Stocked my cart for the day and the next day.
Checked if the checkouts were gone
Proceeded with assisting my supervisor for stripping rooms
Assisted supervisor for scheduling charts
Assisted supervisor with short handed housekeepers
Stocked up closets on all floors for the housekeepers
Checked on our checkouts on the computer system
Assisted customers with concerns or questions
Cleaned checkouts ,Vacuumed, dusted and wiped counters.
Replacing linen for bedroom and bathrooms
Team worker
Pros
Worked at your own pace
Cons
Pay was low
Great place
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Fairborn, OHMarch 10, 2016
A typical day at work starts with a Morning Huddle. We get together and chat for a bit, but we also discuss the days events and anything upcoming.
I learned standards, hard work and dedication.
Management was good when it came to the business side of things, but lacked on the people side.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the public.
The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the public.
Pros
Good job
Cons
Pay rate isn't much above minimum.
Productive,fun place to work for
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Center citySeptember 19, 2015
Comptable placa to work and meet new people to also grow within the company. Good benefits, good people to work and have fun while working through your day.
Pros
Free lunches etc
Cons
Short breaks, good paying benefits.
Extremely fun and productive place to work
Housekeeping, Front Desk, Maintenance, Night Audit (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSFebruary 18, 2016
Although I worked rotating hours from day to day, it was definitely one of the best places I've worked. I was able to take advantage of opportunities to attend seminars. Management and co-workers were some of the best that I have ever worked with. Hardest part was working day and then coming right back to work overnight on a weekly basis. Most enjoyable part was the job itself.