Hampton by Hilton Employee Reviews

Found 3,112 reviews matching the search
very good teamwork
House keeping (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 28, 2017
it is basically a very good hotel and very nice management. all the staff are hardworking and doing great on every assignments.
i learnt the most is the teamwork. co-workers on these hotel are very cooperative and very professional.it is indeed a good experience.
Meeting and getting to knowGuest
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Kingsland, GAJune 28, 2017
The typical work day was to go clean my rooms. I really did not learn much from this job. The management was ok but not excellent. The workplace was good. There was nothing hard about this job. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the guest and getting to know them better.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
healthcare, paid vacations
Awesome work place
Room Inspector (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2017
I enjoyed my time working there. I had a great opportunity. I started as a room attendant and then promoted to a room inspector. Great staff we were like a family.
great starter
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJune 26, 2017
a typical work day it contains cleaning hotel rooms like making beds, the hardest part of the job was cleaning a room under 30 minutes, however, the most enjoyable part was the staff itself.
Pros
experiences
Life at Hampton Inn
GUEST SERVICES ASSOCIATE - FRONT DESK (Current Employee) –  Springdale, UTJune 26, 2017
I enjoyed all aspects of my job as related to serving guests. Other than that it was not a very enjoyable place to work due to the fact that many employees and managers seemed unable to leave personal issues at the front door. I very much felt that my business knowledge and skills were often a detriment to me and that I was expected to be a "corporate robot" despite being told to express myself. I spent more time worrying about whether my deeds or actions may offend or upset a co-worker than I was able to spend on keeping guests satisfied and happy. It is my belief that much of this was due to poor management styles coupled with personal insecurities and issues among the staff and management.
Pros
Hotel discounts worldwide
Cons
Poor, poor management
first job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJune 26, 2017
I loved working here I learned a lot for it being my first job I learned how to clean much better and do laundry quicker by folding sheets .. good people
Fast paced environment.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 26, 2017
I enjoyed it mainly due to the fact I interacted with people. I developed my social skills doing this job so I'm very thankful for the opportunity given.
This place was pretty fun. I enjoyed meeting new people.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 26, 2017
A typical day would be clicking in. I would grab all my list of rooms I needed. I would then grab the chemicals to clean the rooms. Once I got to the floor I would stalk my cart. I would then go to the rooms and start with the beds. They was the hardest to do. I would then work my way to the bathroom which was the easiest to do. The work culture was different everyone did everything different. Most enjoyable part was being able to communicate with fellow employees.
Ambiente amigable, cafe gratis,buenos compañeros de trabajo.
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  White House, TNJune 24, 2017
Hacer el trabajo como se debe, ser muy amable con los clientes, y muy amigable con los compañeros
ok place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNJune 23, 2017
The reason i said its ok place to work at because everyone helps you when you are falling behind :). One thing i dont like about the place they laid me off for no reason.
Pros
discounts on rooms
Cons
getting up ealry
Horrible
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, ORJune 23, 2017
Very horrible place to work. I would not recommend working at a hotel at all here in Pendleton unless you want no bens, poor pay, and everything else bad a job can have
Hilton
Director of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJune 23, 2017
Offers many opportunities to network, creativity, and the fast paced environment I seek. Hilton is a great company to work for and offers the tools necessary to understand and exceed in your position.
good work environment
Night Auditor/Day Clerk (Former Employee) –  Geneseo, NYJune 23, 2017
I was a night auditor. weekdays were pretty relaxed, but most weekends especially during wedding season were hectic. Especially when guests were allowed to drink alcohol in the lobby. Being a babysitter to a bunch of adult alcoholics wasn't in the job description. especially when you're a recovering alcoholic yourself. alcoholic beverage consumption should be prohibited from the Lobby area, especially when other guests normally with children are present.
Not employee friendly
Front Desk/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Mary Esther, FLJune 23, 2017
I worked at this location and barely made any money. I left due to finding out I had cancer and prior to that was asked to come into work after having my first surgery so the Owner could go to a wedding.
N/a
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wasgington dcJune 22, 2017
Great working there ,good employees . Great environments. The company is good but pay could be better that's about it. The over all work is easy. The company doesn't have much growth for employees.
n/a
Laundry Attendant PM (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAJune 22, 2017
Management, is the key in a work environment like this one. if management is on the same page then this job is a breeze. Customers will always be happy if you tend to their needs and stay professional
Wonderful place to work. Like a second family!
Front Desk/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Middlebury, INJune 22, 2017
Hampton Inn's work day for me as a night auditor begins with communicating with the second shift person of how the day has gone and if there are still arrivals that have not arrived. We count the drawer. I run some reports. I clean up front area and stock our Suite Shop. Do the nightly duties while helping any guest calls or calls for reservations. When time I run audit. Then get morning coffee and breakfast prep done. Check out any guest. At change over communicate with the next person or GM and count down drawer.
I love the nights because it is calm and so many of the guest are great in the morning time. I have a wonderful management team that has inspired me to change my college major to business management.
Pros
Great Staff, good hours, hotel benefits
Cons
No healthcare insurance
It wasn't pleasant
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  PAJune 21, 2017
I hope for a better experience next time. It seemed as if the company was going through some changes. It really needs a good boss to come in and fix things.
Great Place to work
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaufort, SCJune 21, 2017
Great place to work, enjoyed it while I was there. Hilton is a good place. Takes care of their employees and Good work environment. Not sure how it is now
Pros
Good Company
relaxing
housekeeper/room attendant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 21, 2017
working here was cool because you got to work at your own paste. You knew what you had to do before you got started and it teaches you to manage your time wisely.
Pros
discounted rooms
Cons
pushing the carts around

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hampton by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.