Hampton Creek is finding new ways of utilizing proteins that do not involve the resource intensity involved with raising animals. We are leading the new Protein Economy. And people are noticing. We have been featured in Popular Science, Businessweek, Fast Company, CBS, Forbes, and the SF Chronicle.
We are currently seeking people with a background in finance, accounting, or a related field. In selecting candidates, we look for intelligence, creativity, and drive. We are not shy about wanting to change the world. And we want that same passion in you. Fellowships have the potential to develop into permanent, full-time positions.
- Assisting with the creation of P&L statements for current and future company products
- Performing analyses and reporting for activities, beginning with ingredient identification and
continuing through finished goods delivered to customers
- Supporting activities in all phases of supply chain and commercialization including but not
limited to: purchasing, manufacturing/co-packing, warehousing, distribution marketing, and
- Finance support for production and monthly forecasting activities
- Develop/implement necessary processes to support internal forecasting/reporting
- Support fiscal year planning including recommendations and strategies
- Provide effective counsel and analysis to assist Company in meeting the established
financial and profit objectives
- Responsible for moderate to complex cost analysis and audits associated with the cost
- Finance support for cost savings analysis, allocation, tracking, and reporting
- Analyze product costs and COGS variances
- Plays a key role in the month-end close process to include journal entries and account
- Finance support for excess and obsolete inventory reserve
- Participate in the preparation and compilation of the annual financial plan
- Provide financial support for capital investment analysis and fixed asset accounting
- Provide ad hoc financial analysis as requested
- Active involvement and participation in plant CPS activities
- Active involvement and participation in co-packer financial impact and performance
- B.S. degree, majors in Finance and/or Accounting preferred
- Experience with financial modeling
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, change, and a dynamic business environment
Bill Gates on our work and others in this space:
"The fact that innovation will give us equivalent food, without those negative effects, at lower prices is an amazing example of how linear projection misses what innovators using science will be able to do. It’s completely not part of the mainstream dialogue. Five years from now, as these products get out there, the whole view of what agriculture needs to do will be a lot more positive."
We want leaders. And doers. We want people obsessed with changing the world.