Hampton Creek is finding new ways of utilizing proteins that do not involve the resource intensity involved with raising animals. And people are noticing. We have been featured in Popular Science, Businessweek, Fast Company, CBS, Forbes, and the SF Chronicle.
We are currently seeking people with a background in food science or a related field. In selecting candidates, we look for intelligence, creativity, and drive. We are not shy about wanting to change the world. And we want that same passion in you. Fellowships have the potential to develop into permanent, full-time positions.
Desired Skills & Experience
Your work will be highly interdisciplinary, including:
- Research into new plant sources & ingredients, as well as interact and source ingredients from vendors
- Design experiments, develop SOP’s, run experiments, data analysis, and document research findings
- Contribute with the team in building and developing our knowledge base of unique, plant-based sources in different egg replacement applications
- Maintaining a detailed and organized electronic laboratory notebook, and effectively communicating experimental results to collaborators, both verbally and in written form
We'd like to see:
- Recent Bachelor's or Master's degree in food science or related field - must have completed at least a Bachelor's degree
- Aytpical drive and strong work ethic
- Extremely curious and obsessed with daily improvement
- A leap mindset, which for us means finding ways to go faster - then faster again
- Strong communication skills: interpersonal, presentation, oral and written
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point). JMP stats software a plus
- Knowledge of ingredient functionality, bakery and emulsions is a plus
- Strong formulation skills & understanding of food systems
To keep a growing world population filled with nutrients, Hampton Creek is finding new ways of making protein that don’t involve the resource intensity involved with raising animals. We're leading the new Protein Economy.
Bill Gates on our work and others in this space:
"The fact that innovation will give us equivalent food, without those negative effects, at lower prices is an amazing example of how linear projection misses what innovators using science will be able to do. It’s completely not part of the mainstream dialogue. Five years from now, as these products get out there, the whole view of what agriculture needs to do will be a lot more positive."
We want leaders. And doers. We want people obsessed with changing the world.