Hampton Creek Foods is a revolutionary food technology company headquartered in San Francisco, CA. We're growing fast and are interested in interviewing outstanding candidates for a number of research positions open in our lab. Learn more about us on Tech Crunch (http://tcrn.ch/12ghhrJ), in Bloomberg's Business Week ( http://buswk.co/TqtWFL ), the SF Chronicle ( http://bit.ly/TJTTQF ), and Popular Science ( http://bit.ly/VMuh2X )!
As an HCF intern, you will have the unique opportunity to provide insight and development in the area of egg replacement technology. You will be involved in designing and conducting experiments to create egg replacers for a wide variety of baked goods.
Responsibilities include: Research into new plant sources & ingredients, interact and source ingredients from vendors, design experiments, develop SOP’s, run experiments & data analysis & document research findings. This position will also be able to contribute and grow with the team in building and developing our knowledge base of unique plant based sources in egg replacement applications.
BS or MS degree in Food Science/Baking Science required.
2-4 years experience developing products in the food/baking industry. Baking industry experience preferred.
· Extensive knowledge of ingredient functionality, baked goods is a plus
. Strong formulation skills and understanding of food systems
· Be curious and passionate about food
· Good understanding of sensory testing and statistics, is a plus
· Strong communication skills: interpersonal, presentation, oral and written
· Highly motivated, critical thinker, goal oriented
· Ability to work in a fast paced and high performing environment
. Computer Skills: Microsoft Office applications: Word ,Excel, Power Point
- Be available immediately
- Be legal to work in the US (we are not sponsoring candidates at this time)
- Be finished with at least your bachelor's degree