HAMPTON INN AND SUITES

HAMPTON INN AND SUITES Employer Reviews

Productive and Interesting
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Port Richey, FLFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: meeting new people, my employees, discounted rooms for other hotel
Cons: on my feet for 8 hours
I love to meet people from around the world and I love knowing the area in order to make their work and or vacation trip better by be able to recommend activities to do and places to eat.
Needs a Change in Management
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Bluffton, SCFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: hilton hotel employee discount(which you can get at any hilton property)
Cons: no benefits at all, non-competitive wages, poor management, poor customer care by management
This place is a shell of its former self. Ever since there was a drastic shift in management the Hampton Inn and Suites of Bluffton has cut its standards as well as the required standards of a Hilton Property in half. Not the best place to work if you like to be appreciated and compensated for what skills you possess.it is a good place to work if your are in between jobs but until they concerned with being a more competitive property and offering their employees competitive wages based on their performance they will always just be a place to look for part time work.
Hampton
Front desk agent (Former Employee), Merced, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: helping guests.
Cons: management.
Working at the Hampton is awesome. It is a great company to work for. Meeting and helping guest is a rewarding experience. I love to help people.
great workplace
Front Desk (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: great work environment, work schedule and healtcare options
In my short time for working from this company I learned a lot with dealing with a switchboard and their computer system. I enjoyed working for this company and also the GM. I enjoyed my work schedule and also the work environment. The only reason I left this company was due to health problems with my mother, which lead me to be her caregiver and look over my youngest sibling.
Great work enviorment low pay
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Albany, GAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: great work enviorment
Cons: low pay
The Hampton is great place to work. A very clean and structured environment. The only problem was flexibility and pay. pay was very low compared to all other night auditor positions at other hotels. great co worker, but the management were the owners so they didn't care much about the employee more about there business so they were not flexible nor caring type of employer. They were great people and family oriented just cared about there time and money and no one else's.
Unorganized establishment
BREAKFAST HOST (Former Employee), Albany, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: guest you provide service to
Cons: management
Overall the Hotel has no order starting from the hire ups down to the housekeeping staff... Employees are in and out the door from either being overworked or unappreciated. The only time you see any sign of consistency is when there are executives or big conferences coming in that the employees are made to put on a grand show for.
Fun workplace with good entertainment
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: free breakfast, free breaks
Cons: long 8 hour shifts, rowdy hotel people
Hampton Inn was one of my favorite jobs. The pay was not the best but overall it was a great job to have while going to school. It was perfect for studying and very quiet around night time. The manager was very cool and understanding of hours and very accommodating.
Good part time position
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Wilmington, OHJanuary 1, 2015
Job was a good first job however management was a huge issue, when my mom got sick they were unwilling to work with me when I needed to call off to take her to and from the hospital. I would let them know ahead of time and they were very inconsiderate, I worked for them for over 6 years, and when my mom was passing away they were unwilling to work with me while i was trying to care for her.
A fun workplace
Front desk (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIDecember 29, 2014
Pros: cheap hotel rooms
It's a fun place to work but working at the front desk gives you a lot of duties to do on a daily basis. Constant phone calls and guest requests.
A joy to come to work each day to provide exceptional service to all guests
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Clayton, MODecember 28, 2014
Pros: complimentary breakfast
Cons: non
As Sales Manager responsibilities include giving tours of the hotel
Sell the hotel, (Guest rooms/meeting room)
Book Individual/Group/Company/Corporate/Social business,etc.
Provide leadership to staff
There is no hard part to my job. Leaving is the hardest part as I
live to work. Reside 55 steps from the hotel's front door
I learn so many things daily
Co-workers are learning as I am each day
So far a great place to work
Maintenance (Current Employee), Portsmouth, NHDecember 16, 2014
Pros: location, atmosphere, benefits, nice place to work
Cons: newer hotel, kind of quiet
Originally came to Hampton Inn and Suites after being laid off for the season from Hidden Pond resort with high expectations. So far I have not been disappointed in the way they treat me as well as the other employees and guests. Hampton has set the bar high and it is met on a daily basis. I was hired as part time maintenance but I was able to pick up some shifts as a Houseman assisting the housekeepers and maintenance. Hampton has no problems cross training me for different positions rather than be locked into one position. The management staff here is nice and interactive with both employees and guests and there seems to always be help when you need it. I enjoy working here and hope to make a career out of it.
Fun Place to work
Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee), Rogers, MNDecember 8, 2014
The Hampton Inn in Rogers is a fun place to work. The people there are great. Management is understanding. It is a fun fast paced environment.
Great place to work with wonderful people
Hotel Housekeeper (Former Employee), Highland, CaliforniaNovember 14, 2014
Cleaned up to 20 rooms a day. Management was good. Co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was trying to get all the rooms done by a specified time. Some rooms were just really a mess due to parties that people would have. But overall it was a great job and fun to do, especially when you get tips.
Fun pruductive, indoor pool
Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Chadds Ford, PAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: free use of indoor pool and fitness
Cons: no help
I enjoy working in hospitality and enjoy the interaction with guest.
Hotel with great potential
Food and Beverage Director/Host (Former Employee), 2000 N Litchfield, Goodyear AZOctober 28, 2014
Pros: great repeat clientele
Cons: management attitudes
This hotel has been a second home for many years. The staff are very willing to perform and maintain the expectations of the corporation. The management has a heavy hand and is not friendly to staff until they have evaluators on hand.
Best job I have ever had!!!!!
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Hazard, KYOctober 17, 2014
Pros: the co workers, managment.
I loved the job, I loved the people, I loved the location. I left because I moved back home.
great guest
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Radcliff, KYOctober 14, 2014
Pros: discounted hotel rates at any hilton property
Cons: no lunch break or break of any kind
i love my job i enjoy the new and familar faces that i encounter while working at the front desk i have come to know that the guest really appreciate consistancy and when they are away from home as much as they are, it is nice to come to the hotel nd see familar faces. The hardest part of the job is knowing that there is no room to advance to actually have the oppurtunity to put what u have learned throughout your time here to the test. Each morning i come in with a bright and welcoming smile say goodmorning to the guest and the other coworkers which include the maintance man and the breakfast guy. At times i find it difficult that i am not able to really use my ideas and creativity here you are pretty much forced to have a one minded mind set, also i feel as though mamnagment dosent appreciate their employees there are no rewards or incentives for any positive thing you do and raises are VERY had to come by even when you truly do deserve them which is very dissappointing.
Early Hours, Good management
Breakfast Manager (Former Employee), State College, PAOctober 8, 2014
Being the breakfast manager I had to wake up at 4:30am to get to work on time at around 5:15am. That schedule was nice because I could be done with work at around 1pm but I was often tired after and would sleep a good portion. I also had to go to bed early which stunted my social life and experiences.

I learned how to lead a team and keep up with a monthly budget which are two very helpful things for my future.

My co-workers where friendly as long as you where friendly. Some unnecessary gossiping was a problem at times.

The hardest part of the job was probably getting up so early everyday.

I really enjoyed meeting new people and going above and beyond their expectations for a Hampton Inn and Suites.
Good people Good Customer Service
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Roswell, NMOctober 7, 2014
There really isn't a typical day, days varied from hectic to slow, I learned a lot having to do with computers and the world of hotel services and how a hotel is run, I liked my co workers and enjoyed my guest I actually think that was the most enjoyable part of my job.
very friendly
Front Desk (Current Employee), Saratoga Springs, NYOctober 4, 2014
I love the people i work with and we all get along. we learn how to solve problems together and also everyone is so friendly and I love the managers, they are fantastic!

1 2 3 4 5