Hampton Inn and Suites Employee Reviews

housekeeping is an adventure
Housekeeping & Laundry (Former Employee), Pearl, MSJuly 22, 2015
loved working with others. everyday I would learn something different and I was always opened for a new opportunity. very opened minded and self oriented.
great managment
Front Desk Receptionist/ Manager on duty (Current Employee), London, KYJuly 3, 2015
Great place to work , its like family, they will work with you on days needed off, great management,you meet a lot of great people from all over the world, everyone that works their are hard workers we take pride in our job
Great Customers, horrible company that manages
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee), Fishers, INJune 29, 2015
I used to love the gm here. She moved away and we got a new management staff. This management staff is all about them and they can care less about you. Luckily one is easier than the other to work for.
loved it
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Yarmouth, MAJune 27, 2015
Pros: the discounts
Cons: the pay
there wasnt to much wrong with this job the worst part was the pay wasnt good i felt like i was under paid i did enjoy the staff they were all very friendly and the discount was amazing
Good Place to Work
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee), Frederricksburg, VaJune 26, 2015
It is a good place to work. co-workers are nice not all that helpful though needs more team work with little improvement and better pay this could be an awesome place to work.
Productive work environment with a fun atmosphere
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Forest HillJune 24, 2015
Pros: Nice and friendly Front Desk staff
Cons: Housekeeping was slow
The typical day would start with a very detailed list of the upcoming events throughout the day along with list of arrivals and departures. i learned that a smile to start off the day was the easiest way to have a great day.
Its an OK place to work at.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Hershey, PAJune 23, 2015
Pros: in Hershey
Cons: rude people
The work is hard.
The suites are BIG.
No incentive to work harder.
Your work often goes un-noticed.
The boss yells a lot.
Under new management.
Job has poor hours
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJune 22, 2015
Pros: Can leave early as work is finished
Cons: Not enough hours or days to provide for fmaily needs
This job started off with promising hours; working 6-9 days straight, however lately it's been slow and the past month have been working not enough days or hours to provide for family needs.
Management is alright...
Co workers are... I'd prefer not to disclose...
The hardest part is acquiring hours.
The most enjoyable part... I'd say meeting new people from around the world. :)
demanding
Maintenance/houseman (Current Employee), Elk Grove, CAJune 18, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: little pay
Very physically demanding job. I've learned a lot about the hotel business and the way maintenance works along with the ins and outs of a hotel.
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAJune 13, 2015
The Hampton Inn and Suites is a newer property but a good place to work. The staff serves the guests well and the property has received good reviews from staff and patrons.
Great place to work for
Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 3, 2015
Pros: Awesome benefits
Cons: Work alot of hours
Great management staff very eager and passionate about there jobs. Very enjoyable place to work for. Great perks within the management company. Highly recommend this brand to work for.
The Family Atmosphere
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee), Duncan, OKJune 1, 2015
A typical work day consisted on interacting with the guest during breakfast, making sure their stay was great, seeing what I could do to compliment their stay, and most importantly getting them on their way to their next location as smoothly as possible. At Hampton we were like family, we enjoyed spending birthdays and holidays together. During our snow storm this winter, we were snowed in the hotel, and our manager, Christie, gave us all free rooms to keep us safe through the storm. It was long, and exhausting, but tons of fun!
Cleaning Maid service is very labor intensive work
HOUSEKEEPING/CLEANING MAID (Former Employee), Brickell, FlMay 22, 2015
There is a required number of rooms to be serviced.

Learned Time management.

Enjoyed interaction with hotel guests and other employees.
Hampton Inn and Suites SeaTac
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), SeaTac, WAMay 14, 2015
Working at the Hampton Inn and Suites was my first hospitality position. I gained a lot of customer service skills while working at this property. I really enjoyed my co workers, as well as my managers. The hardest part of this job was probably the area, the hotel was in a very busy and not so safe area so we dealt with a lot of homeless people coming and going. The most enjoyable part of this job was the customers. I loved being able to make sure that our guests had a satisfying and comfortable stay while they were with us.
I like it, very helpful tool
Supervisor (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 13, 2015
Pros: Room for advancement
Cons: workers not showing up on weekends
Opening up Housekeeping with daily assignment. Management is held to a higher standerd. Pleasing everyone is hard. I enjoyed the teamwork
Fun workplace
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Adel, GAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Great work ethics with the entire staff.
Cons: Healthcare
My day as a front desk clerks included providing customer service to hotel guests. Primary job duties includes greeting guests, issuing room keys, booking reservations, answering questions about hotel amenities, services, and surrounding points of interest, and ensuring customer satisfaction. Generally I possess basic mathematics and computer skills and the ability to effectively communicate verbally. Friendly, attentive, and courteous applicants typically fair well.
Productive fun place to work
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Danville ILMarch 25, 2015
Very productive and fun place to work. management are very friendly and understanding. staff is fun upbeat bunch. guests are terrific. facility is very clean and welcoming.
Best Hotel
General Manager (Current Employee), Show Low, AZMarch 24, 2015
Awesome, Owner, Awesome Staff. Everyday was a great day at this hotel, the guests enjoyed the nicest hotel in the area. This was a getaway for most business people staying here as it was nestled in the meadow next to a stream.
Productive and Upbeat Workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), tampa flMarch 2, 2015
Pros: working with good team members
Cons: short breaks
I feel in my heart that it was a great place to work and that working with a team and being apart of there team was great as well.
Wonderful management company, hard work conditions
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Salem, ORFebruary 26, 2015
Working at a busy hotel always leads for and interesting day. This hotel is where I learned to be a manger, it has taught me how to manager different people to different strengths.It is always an interesting day at the hotel, never a dull moment. The entire staff, is always in a good mood and makes life at work easier. The hardest part of my job is the 24/7 on call, as a manager of a hotel, you never truly feel as if you have a day off. I rarely have a day where I receive less than two phone call from work. The most enjoyable part of my job is, speaking with all of our guests. They come from all over the world and getting to interact and learn different cultures. I love getting to help people and make their day even if its a small way.