Hampton Inn and Suites Employee Reviews

Great Enivorment
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSAugust 18, 2015
ALL about TEAMWORK. Friendly staff. Management is amazing and always works with your needs. Loved working there. Always clean
great
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Chesterfield, MOAugust 11, 2015
I love any job that gives me a taste of independence. I love working at my own pace and I love to clean. I enjoying cleaning jobs..preferably residential
Uncomfortable workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Spokane Valley, WAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Job
Cons: Dishonesty and favoritism
uncomfortable work environment. Higher employers showing favoritism. Employers did not deal well with confrontations about other employers.
Respectfull and courteous enviroment.
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Savannah Ga.August 7, 2015
Pros: Time off as needed, short breaks as needed, healthcare insurance, and other benefits.
Cons: working in the rain and the snow.
Productive and respectful environment. Courteous to all regardless of gender. Safe environment. Co-workers treat each other as family. Management helpful and kind.
Great Atmosphere
Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 24, 2015
Working here is very rewarding but challenging at the same time, but because i'm very goal oriented i set goals on how to have a better day than before. As a manager your name is called all day for help and assistance and if you just take one guest and one issue at a time and listen to each guest or associate's needs and handle that matter accordingly you will have a smooth running shift. The hardest part of the job is trying to please a guest that is not pleased with nothing you do to accommodate their needs, but I've learned that if you just simply hear the guest empathize, apologize, resolve the issue and thanks them for addressing their concern or dissatisfaction everything will work out in the end, because an unsatisfied guest is an opportunity not a bother. Last but not least the most rewarding part of what i do is the "WOW" moments that i create with my guest by going above and beyond and making their experience a personable experience.
housekeeping is an adventure
Housekeeping & Laundry (Former Employee), Pearl, MSJuly 22, 2015
loved working with others. everyday I would learn something different and I was always opened for a new opportunity. very opened minded and self oriented.
great managment
Front Desk Receptionist/ Manager on duty (Current Employee), London, KYJuly 3, 2015
Great place to work , its like family, they will work with you on days needed off, great management,you meet a lot of great people from all over the world, everyone that works their are hard workers we take pride in our job
Great Customers, horrible company that manages
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee), Fishers, INJune 29, 2015
I used to love the gm here. She moved away and we got a new management staff. This management staff is all about them and they can care less about you. Luckily one is easier than the other to work for.
loved it
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Yarmouth, MAJune 27, 2015
Pros: the discounts
Cons: the pay
there wasnt to much wrong with this job the worst part was the pay wasnt good i felt like i was under paid i did enjoy the staff they were all very friendly and the discount was amazing
Good Place to Work
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee), Frederricksburg, VaJune 26, 2015
It is a good place to work. co-workers are nice not all that helpful though needs more team work with little improvement and better pay this could be an awesome place to work.
Productive work environment with a fun atmosphere
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Forest HillJune 24, 2015
Pros: Nice and friendly Front Desk staff
Cons: Housekeeping was slow
The typical day would start with a very detailed list of the upcoming events throughout the day along with list of arrivals and departures. i learned that a smile to start off the day was the easiest way to have a great day.
Its an OK place to work at.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Hershey, PAJune 23, 2015
Pros: in Hershey
Cons: rude people
The work is hard.
The suites are BIG.
No incentive to work harder.
Your work often goes un-noticed.
The boss yells a lot.
Under new management.
Job has poor hours
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLJune 22, 2015
Pros: Can leave early as work is finished
Cons: Not enough hours or days to provide for fmaily needs
This job started off with promising hours; working 6-9 days straight, however lately it's been slow and the past month have been working not enough days or hours to provide for family needs.
Management is alright...
Co workers are... I'd prefer not to disclose...
The hardest part is acquiring hours.
The most enjoyable part... I'd say meeting new people from around the world. :)
demanding
Maintenance/houseman (Current Employee), Elk Grove, CAJune 18, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: little pay
Very physically demanding job. I've learned a lot about the hotel business and the way maintenance works along with the ins and outs of a hotel.
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAJune 13, 2015
The Hampton Inn and Suites is a newer property but a good place to work. The staff serves the guests well and the property has received good reviews from staff and patrons.
Great place to work for
Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 3, 2015
Pros: Awesome benefits
Cons: Work alot of hours
Great management staff very eager and passionate about there jobs. Very enjoyable place to work for. Great perks within the management company. Highly recommend this brand to work for.
The Family Atmosphere
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee), Duncan, OKJune 1, 2015
A typical work day consisted on interacting with the guest during breakfast, making sure their stay was great, seeing what I could do to compliment their stay, and most importantly getting them on their way to their next location as smoothly as possible. At Hampton we were like family, we enjoyed spending birthdays and holidays together. During our snow storm this winter, we were snowed in the hotel, and our manager, Christie, gave us all free rooms to keep us safe through the storm. It was long, and exhausting, but tons of fun!
Cleaning Maid service is very labor intensive work
HOUSEKEEPING/CLEANING MAID (Former Employee), Brickell, FlMay 22, 2015
There is a required number of rooms to be serviced.

Learned Time management.

Enjoyed interaction with hotel guests and other employees.
Hampton Inn and Suites SeaTac
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), SeaTac, WAMay 14, 2015
Working at the Hampton Inn and Suites was my first hospitality position. I gained a lot of customer service skills while working at this property. I really enjoyed my co workers, as well as my managers. The hardest part of this job was probably the area, the hotel was in a very busy and not so safe area so we dealt with a lot of homeless people coming and going. The most enjoyable part of this job was the customers. I loved being able to make sure that our guests had a satisfying and comfortable stay while they were with us.
I like it, very helpful tool
Supervisor (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 13, 2015
Pros: Room for advancement
Cons: workers not showing up on weekends
Opening up Housekeeping with daily assignment. Management is held to a higher standerd. Pleasing everyone is hard. I enjoyed the teamwork