Hampton Inn
1,081 reviews

Hampton Inn Employer Reviews

housekeeping
Housekeeping / Inspector (Former Employee), Portsmouth, NHFebruary 25, 2015
Its housekeeping, its a keep to yourself job. While at the same time its a working as a team to make the hotel rooms up to quality standard.
Hotel industry is a great industry!
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Akron, OHFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: good benefits !!
Cons: to many shifts variations!!
As a Hilton property. You had to maintain a high caliber of cleanliness all over the premises. And most of the clients were business people. Was a great feeling.
Horrible Mangement
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCFebruary 23, 2015
Cons: lack of management, lack of supplies, lack of pay.
This hotel is owned by the cheapest person alive. Refuses to buy appropriate cleaning supplies and spare linen for rooms. Expects employees to work for low pay yet wants them to work more hours than the average housekeeper. I know other similar establishments have much better conditions so do not apply this to other hotels.
Learned a lot about CM services and accounting
Night Auditor- Handling (Former Employee), Gainesville, VAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: 5 mins commute and free breakfast
Handling computer accounting reports .Running daily credit card transactions through a settlement process, make daily management reports, this help to maintain a regular track of the business. Recording daily room occupancy and rate totals, revenue totals for cash, checks, and credit card transactions,

Generating automated accounting reports, Settling Corporate Accounts and sending reports to those entities for billing purposes, Running the computer back-up systems. Other than the accounting function, running the front desk (check in/check out guests & Cashiering.
Fun & diversified workplace
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Tarpon Springs, FLFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: free breakfasts
Cons: no health or dental care
Accommodate hotel patrons by registering and assigning rooms to guests, issuing room cards, transmitting and receiving messages, keeping records of occupied rooms and guests' accounts making and confirming reservations, and presenting statements to and collecting payments from departing guests.
Same as previous review
Guest Service Agent/ Night Audit Manager/ Houseman (Current Employee), Flagstaff, AZFebruary 19, 2015
Hampton was a fine place to work however was not offered any benefits and a change in management made it very difficult to continue.
Nice to be alone if your a Fast and Good "picker-upper"
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Petoskey, MIFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: work by yourself
Cons: pay working for gas money
Not much to say other than the pay wasn't good and neither was the schedual. on call more that working. as soon as you finnis your job you leave no steady pay or hours. not a pleasant time for me but I wouldn't count them out go give it a try it might be a better job for you .
Productive but fun job meeting different people
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Coldwater. MIFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: short breaks if any at all
Everyday is a new adventure, there's always a new faces to talk to and check in daily. My schedule for Hampton can change so rapidly. I can walk in being on front desk, and by the end of my shift I can be in laundry. I love how flexible and how much training I have in my job.

I have learned that you can't please everyone you check in, but you sure can try and make it as easy for them as possible.

The hardest part of the day is trying to please everyone. There could be a guest at the desk with a problem with their room, while the phone rings off the hook, and I haven't yet assigned the housekeepers. It's all about how you present yourself to the desk, and how you make them feel like their needs are your job to take care of.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
job
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Augusta, GAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: everything ..people..co-workers..mangers
Cons: double-standards for employees
i have enjoyed the job... the people.. managers..BUT..i could'nt stand or or put up with.. DOUBLE STANDARDS no more.im done
bad management
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: met lots of great people in the lobby
Cons: bad management and staff
The indian owner fired the who staff without any reason within the first year of owning the property

checked in guests and checked them out
made cookies
fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Warren, MIFebruary 15, 2015
maintain all assigned areas in a clean and sanitary condition
wash, dust, polish, vacuum and sweep all areas of the establishment
clean sinks, tubs, showers and toilets according to prescribed sanitary standards
polish fittings and fixtures
clean mirrors and windows
sort and wash laundry using machines or by hand as required
iron, fold and distribute clean laundry
Nice part time job
Kitchen Crew/Host (Former Employee), peru, ILFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: managment was o.k.
Cons: no benefits to what at times could be a very busy summer with no help
I enjoyed my work.I was in early and home to make dinner for the family and take care of the livestock.It can be very hard to work with the public at times and co workers.
PRODUCTIVE & HARDWORKER
Housekeeping / Front desk (Former Employee), Tinley Park, ILFebruary 12, 2015
I AM A VERY HARD WORKER THAT OUT SPOKEN AND THAT HANDLE TASK AT HAND I HAVE GREAT LEADER SKILLS IN COMMUNICATION SKILLS.. JOB NOT REALLY FAIR TO EMPLOYEES !!
Upbeat Environment and Close Knit Family of Employees
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), State College, PAFebruary 11, 2015
It is difficult not to enjoy my job at the Hampton Inn. Every day I walk in here I am genuinely happy to see my coworkers and all of my guests. My job is to make everyone feel welcome and comfortable. Sometimes it is difficult being here alone when you work the 3-11 shift and have to make instant decisions on your own or solve an issue that you may have never encountered before. The managers are very open to suggestions and expect us to communicate all daily activities so that they can help make our experience better her each and every day. Since there are not a lot of employees here, we do see each other almost on a daily basis which I do not say in a negative way - we are a family and I sincerely have loved working for the Hampton Inn in State College!
productive and fun
Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee), Ellenton, FLFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: free breakfast
Cons: lowpaid
its a good place to work. the pay is the reason i want to leave. you work long hours. The manager is no flexible is always want you to work extra hours.
my experiences Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee), coloradoFebruary 10, 2015
I have experiences in Housekeeping and i know about the system Housekeeping and i am trying to improve my self in it and i would to learning more about it and work hard ..
small but charming
Guest Service Agent/Night Auditor (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: the location
Cons: management
Working at the hampton inn is a good experience. i ave learned a lot this past year working from them. Since i work at a small property, as a guest service agent i have a lot of position to take care of. I have to be a door man, concierge, houseman, and guest service agent at the same time. In a positive way you learn a lot from it and how to handle multiple situations at the same time, however i feel like it should be written in the job description when applying for the job. However, i love my crew of co-worker. They make work better than what it is.
lots of perks, free room reservations at other hotels, learned a lot about people and how to use a computer
Night auditor/Guest service rep (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: free rooms at other hotels, free food, free exercise room, learned a lot about the hotel industry and computers
Cons: worked the late shift and was by myself most of the time
worked well the public and greeting new people, learned how to make executive decisions and how to profit in the hotel industry
Night auditor time
Front Desk Night Auditor (Former Employee), Covington, GAFebruary 9, 2015
It is a laid back kind of place, most of the time guests are as nice as you are. There were poor magnment and shady people that worked there but it was just a inbween job for me so yeah.
Long Hours
Breakfast Chef and Laundry (Former Employee), Boone, NCFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: long hours, short staff
I actually enjoyed foldng laundry and connecting with customers in breafast bar. This was the hardest job that I have ever had but one of my favorites. I had to be there at 5:30 every morning to serve breakfast, while attempting to fold laundry in the laundry room up the hall. I would finish breakfast and cleaning the dining area around 10:00 am. I would go start loading buggies for the house cleaners came in at 11:00 am. Sometimes I would be there until 9:00 pm catching up the laundry for nintey nine rooms. I was also the only laundry cleaner.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus/Polaris is owned and operated by Buffalo Lodging Associates, LLC, a hotel development & – Read more