Hampton Inn
1,249 reviews

Hampton Inn Employee Reviews

Very Stressful
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Normal, ILJuly 4, 2015
Cons: no breaks on night shifts, no breaks on weekends
Hours were simply crazy. Management is really hard to work with. I love the job, just need a more flexible atmosphere. No REAL advancement in the company, they look outside and you will end up training your manager.

A typical Day:
Pull Reg Cards for the checks outs that day
Complete Coffee as needed
Clean Breakfast area
Set tables PERFECT
Assign Rooms for the checkin's for the day
Print Reg Cards
Check Guests in
Keep track of the money draw for sweet shop sales
not a good place to work
laundry attendent (Former Employee), new albany indJuly 3, 2015
Pros: worked by myself
Cons: no room for advancement
to stressful management treats people bad over worked under paid didnt care if you had enough people to get all the work done
Owner is a wonderful man to work for
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Asheville, NCJuly 2, 2015
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: to much drama
The hampton inn is a really good place to work.Their guest are very friendly and appreciate everything you do for them.The hardest part is getting rooms done in six hours.
High level of customer interaction
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Brockport, NYJuly 2, 2015
Great place to increase customer satisfaction and conflict resolution skills. The job required a large amount of multitasking. The job could be stressful when other duties were required that involved leaving the front desk.
Family owned and operated, fast paced, busy Eugene hotel
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Eugene, ORJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Occasional free lunches, 401k, listening to music while working
Cons: Short breaks, unprofessional work environment and staff, Extreme inconsistency in scheduling
Typical day at work started with clocking in, getting clipboard of room assignments, stocking cart with necessary linens, toiletries, rags, and cleaners, Clean about 2-3 rooms, get a 10 min break, clean 2-3 more rooms, get have a 30 min lunch break, then finish the rest of the rooms on your sheets, fit in a 10 min break if you've worked long enough (7+ hrs), complete assigned common room's chores, – more... re-stock cart & linen rooms, clock out.

I learned that family owned and operated businesses have the potential to be highly unprofessional, and what to inspect when staying as a guest in a hotel.

Management was friendly but stern at first, then quickly turned into verbally and emotionally abusive as well as unprofessional with family employees in front of other employees and guests.

Co-workers ranged from nice to not-so-nice. Non-relative customers were friendly, cooperative and respectful. Family employees were often rude, unprofessional, and dramatic.

The hardest parts of the job would have to have been the 30 minute time limit on cleaning a room even if it was extremely dirty, the extreme inconsistency of schedule and taking criticism in the form of threats to job security, yelling and insults.

The most enjoyable parts of the job was the solace in cleaning and being able to listen to the radio, and the occasional breakfast bar leftovers being available to us in the employee fridge. – less
Prductive place to work, pleasant people to work with
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Grand Junction, COJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Employees get a discount on hotel rooms at any Hilton Brand property nation wide.
Cons: There really are none.
I have thoroughly enjoyed working for this company and with the team at Hampton Inn. The schedule has been of a great benefit to me because it works very well with my school schedule as well as with my home life. The environment and culture of the business is of a high standard and very inviting. Ideas and new concepts are welcomed and appreciated by supervisors. The work is fast paced and challenging in a way that helps me excel and hone my skills base. Being on the front live of the hotel, delivering excellent customer service to all of our guests has been a pleasure as well. I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a great place to work to come and join their team!
fun work place
housekeeping (Former Employee), Watertown, NYJuly 1, 2015
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: none
fun work place with supportive management well organized and strong communication skills great employees neat clean and very professional work environment
Great team but small company
manager (Current Employee), pensacola, flJune 30, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: pay is lower than other hotels
this was a great hotel with amazing ppl working there but the company is small so there is hardly no growth to move up and the pay is not as good as other management companies in the area.
I learned something new .
housekeePing/Laundry (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 30, 2015
Pros: 30min breaks
Cons: low pay
I leanred how to placed a duve onto a bed. When i tell you that was a very interseting experience! it was frustrating at first but once i got the hang of it ,it became fairly easy .
Great place to work.
Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Excellent place to work.
Cons: none
The staff was wonderful, the guests were mostly upscale business people, and the crime in the area wasn't an issue at all. Great place
Hidden gem in the hotel industry.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Norco, CAJune 28, 2015
Pros: friendly & helpful staff, clean location, close to many restaurants
Cons: not paid enough for level of management duties completed, understaffed at times, new management seems to care less about guests
The staff is the best part of the hotel- very caring, polite and friendly. Work days can be busy, yet fun because there is always something to do and the hours go by fast. Regular guests appreciate this hotel because we remember faces, requests, and small details about each of their daily lives which they appreciate. Recent management changes has changed the hotel ideals a bit, but the coworkers still work tirelessly to ensure a positive guest experience.
Wonderful People...beautiful place to work
Front Office Manager (Current Employee), Lincolnton, NCJune 28, 2015
Pros: Smiling faces
The most rewarding day at the Hampton Inn....when returning guests check in to find we have reserved them in room we remember they like. When we can WOW them with something from our "Magic Box"... We have a wonderful team of employees that truly care about what they do. I have learned so much in my years in the hospitality industry, patience being one of the important ones.
Fun job where you meet lots of people
Shuttle Driver/Houseman/Overnight Laundry (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJune 27, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people, getting tips, having good reviews written about you
Cons: Hours get cut a lot in the slow winter months
The job was fun when you got to talk to a lot of guests. In the summertime when the outdoor pool was open it was great helping out with guests around the pool because they were mostly nice and friendly and talkative.
Working there was a pretty fun
house keeper (Former Employee), st.louisJune 26, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
A typical day here was working with people and moving around a lot. I learned to work with rude people. I learned a little about the hotel system. my co workers always treated me I was family from day one. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the drunk customers during the holidays. and everyday was an enjoyable moment.
I like my work
Breakfast Host and Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Richland, MSJune 26, 2015
Cons: up very early. no backup/relief
I love working with food and helping guests. However I don't feel the franchise owners can relate to the quality expected for Hampton Inn.
We've been open 5 months and still no time clock.
A lovely hotel with a friendly staff providing exemplary customer service with a Southern twist.
Night Auditor/ Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Marksville, LAJune 25, 2015
Pros: Employee discounted hotel rooms
Cons: The current decrease in hours among employees
A typical day at work always brings about new challenges. Providing great customer service takes sufficient training and a great amount of patience. My general manager is very easy to talk to and understands the needs of the guests as well as the employees. My coworkers could bring a little more enthusiasm to the front desk, but I am not complaining. The hardest part of my job is having to tell a guest I am unable to sell them a room because I have no availability . My goal is to sell! The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing that every guest is satisfied with the service as well as their room by the time they are checked in.
Hard work not enough time
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Steubenville, OHJune 25, 2015
Pros: short work days
Cons: short work days and no benefits.
Its hard to get people out of a hotel room when you need to clean it. Some times people really wreck the rooms and typically a room clean should take about 15 to 30 minutes.
Fun workplace.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Adel, GAJune 25, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people.
Cons: None.
I enjoy customer service! I take pride in working directly with the public as well. The most enjoyable part of the job was being the first impression that anyone has of the business.
Great place to learn
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Triadelphia, WVJune 25, 2015
I learned alot working there, I went from executive housekeeper to Assistant Manger. I learned how to schedule personal, orders products to keep the hotel running. keep accounts up to date.
Laid back
Guest Server (Housekeeper) (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIJune 24, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: part time hours
I transferred to worked at the Hampton Inn for a short time but the work place environment was great!! They let you do your job at your own pace and didn't over work you in no way the housekeeping manager would even step in to help out. I hated to leave but I needed more work hours

1 2 3 4 5

About Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus/Polaris is owned and operated by Buffalo Lodging Associates, LLC, a hotel development & – Read more

Hampton Inn Salaries