Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn Employer Reviews

nice hotel
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Monticello, ARJuly 14, 2014
check people in and out of rooms on a daily. put information into the computer, clean front lobby, answer phone and email, fax
Enjoyed working there. Fun place.
Operations Manager/Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARJuly 14, 2014
Pros: able to learn about sales. very busy.
Cons: not a lot of team work.
Enjoyed working there. Learned a lot about Hilton and the Hampton brand.
movies are the best
Front desk receptionist (Current Employee), Morristown, TNJuly 12, 2014
i miss working here this was my first job. i loved that i got to see free movies
Extremely fast paced
Night Auditor (Current Employee), Milan, TNJuly 10, 2014
A typical day at Chick-fil-a was very busy. I believe it to be one of the most busy fast food restaurants I have come across. Something different about chick-fil-a than most restaurants is that we pride ourselves on not acting like a fast food restaurant. Great customer service was mandatory. We waited on guest at the tables, we greeted them at the – more... door and we tried to provide there food within a 3 minute time span. My Co-workers were amazing and so was management. This was the job that got me throughout high school. Although it was very fast paced it had its rewards. I was taught how to work in a quick environment, fight through adversity, and to interact with customers. The hardest part of the job was trying to make sure every customer was satisfied when there were so many. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to be out on the floor and mingling with customers. – less
The beginning
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTJuly 8, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: small pay rate
Strengthened company's business by leading implementation of great Guest Service and developed department's first incentive performance plan which motivated staff and resulted in SALT score increase by 50%. Trained, coached and mentored staff to ensure smooth adoption of Hilton Brand Standards. Developed and rolled out new policies as well as hired – more... new staff when needed.
*Supervised, instructed and directed work activity of all front desk agents
*Responsible for day to day operations of front desk including associate recruitment and retention, training and development and strict adherence to Hilton Guest Service Standards.
*Insured liaison with: General Manager, Maintenance, Housekeeping to contribute to smooth front desk operations and help achieve company’s objective.
*Instrumental in revenue management process and setting rates to maximize revenue potential.
*Strong involvement in accurate forecasting and budgeting taking into consideration local economic development.
*String involvement in Sales and Marketing
*Responsible for AR billing and settling of all the accounts and maintaining customer relations with the companies for future planning. – less
work load
Guest Service Associate (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 8, 2014
Pros: discounts on lunch, discounts on rooms, fun on the job.
Cons: no benefits
the work load is not so strenuous. good job for students, or young adults that have no children and not much to be responsible for.
Its ok
Assistant Housekeeper (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLJuly 8, 2014
great vibe, wonderful workplace, clean rooms, great staff.
if u cant handle pressure plz dont apply.
LOVE IT
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Tiffin, OHJuly 7, 2014
Pros: flexability
THE MANAGER MADE YOU FEEL LIKE FAMILY VERY FLEXIBLE WITH HOURS. HELPED ME HAVE A HANDS ON EXPERIENCE WITH MY MAJOR AND HOW TO RUN A BUSINESS. I LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS JOB IF I COULD HAVE MADE IT A CAREER I WOULD HAVE.
you will not be let down with the endless amount of guests!
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 5, 2014
Be prepared to meet a wide variety of guests who will stay at this hotel.
Hilton talks about values but does not require them in a General Manager
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 5, 2014
Pros: discounted hotel rooms
Cons: everything
General Manager does not teach or help because per her "She has paid her dues". When you go to upper management (corporate) they acknowledge there is a problem but say " as long as the hotel is making revenue, that's all that matters!" I found out the hard way after working for the Hotel for 9 years that Hilton is NOT a good company to work for. They – more... do not care about their employees. – less
Fast paced friendly enviroment
Supervisor (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 1, 2014
Pros: health benefits, staff luncheons, hotel discounts
Cons: no room for growth
A typical day at work here for me is always exciting, because you never know what to expect.You always meet new people backgrounds and cultures. Ive learned that you have to treat people the way you would like to be treated because you never know who you might encounter from day to day. The managers at this location are awesome very loving caring and – more... pesonal with the staff, they are like my family away from home. The hardest part of my job is getting close to guest and taking on there problems as well as mine knowing that their is really nothing i can do but be a open ear. The thing I like most is that I always tend to bring a smile to my guest face even on there bad days. I have that personaility that brightens up the room and bring laughter to a long day. – less
Enjoyable
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJune 30, 2014
Cons: no healthcare
Checking guests in/out, going over daily reports, keeping in touch with maintenance and housekeeping departments to insure rooms were in correct order. Always had football events for Gator football games before and after, came in early and stayed late to help prepare.
Inmates running the asylum
Housekeeper/Room Attendant (Former Employee), Ann Arbor southJune 30, 2014
Pros: some good people
Cons: too many bad people
Management allows dishonest people to make it a bad working environment for the decent employees. I loved the work, but could not stand the dishonesty.
Hated this job.
Night auditor (Former Employee), Irving, TXJune 29, 2014
This job and hotel was a big disappointment. The manager would always come in after hours drunk and abused one of the front desk receptionists while I was there. Tried to report him to the owner and the owner didn't care. The owner didn't like how I looked even though I always made myself look professional with my hair done and make up done and showered – more... every single night and he told me to my face that he didn't like how I looked because I was bigger than the rest so he changed me from 1st shift to 2nd shift and lastly to the 3rd shift so no guests would hardly have to see me. I got a raise when I switched to the overnight shift for shift differential pay and the owner took it away because nobody made over $8.00 an hour. If someone was a no call no show for the morning shift, I would have to stay through the morning shift (basically work a double) and not get paid for it because they don't offer overtime for employees. – less
ASST. GENERAL MANAGER, FRONT DESK MANAGER (Former Employee), Mason, OhioJune 26, 2014
Assigned rooms to guest based on preferences, hard work but worth it.
Fun and cultural work places.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJune 26, 2014
Pros: meeting new people, multitasking, and having the satisfaction of making people happy.
Cons: management and team weren't so good together.
A typical day at the hotel, you checked the notes from the previous shift, make sure house keeping has your rooms ready, count down drawer, check system to see who will be checking in and out, and check people in and out. You also do bucket checks and check on guests and accommodate them anyway possible. You will make some over the phone reservations. – more... You rarely have a day that peaceful though.

I learned that your energy matters. Energy is contagious. If you have good energy it can brighten someones day, and negative energy can ruin the day. I also learned to always look like you have everything under control even when you don't. It keeps the guests calm.

Management were horrible and unprofessional. They discuss employees business with other employees. They embarrassed employees in front of guest.

Co-workers are typically okay. You all have to work together to make everything happen so everyone mostly cooperated.

The hardest part was depending on everyone else to come through in order to not look bad.

The most enjoyable part was meeting and interacting with different people. – less
Wonderful Management.
Front Desk Clerk, Reservations (Former Employee), Cocoa Beach, FLJune 24, 2014
Great staff.
Fun work environment.
Monthly employee meetings = free buffet style lunch and raffles.
Management took time to send birthday cards, thank you cards for years of employment with the company, etc.
You regularly deal with happy guests who are excited to be on vacation.
Owners and management appreciate all staff and show it.
Great Opportunity for Advancement
Front Office Manager (Current Employee), Carbondale, ILJune 23, 2014
Pros: great advancement opportunities, meeting people from all walks of like
Cons: hard to balance work and life in the hotel business in general
Hard work and an understanding of the business will get you far with this company.
Very Nice atmosphere
Front Desk Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Greenville, MSJune 22, 2014
Pros: the guest, atmosphere
Cons: no benefits, healthcare, nor evaluations to determine raises
Loved meeting new people traveling getting to know them was always a nice pass time while checking in a guest.

I was very interested in learning the traits for payroll and accounts receivable.
Up and coming hotel
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 21, 2014
This Hampton Inn was an up and coming hotel franchise at the time. They did not have security cameras so I did not feel safe. The work environment, management, staff and atmosphere were a pleasure, however.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus/Polaris is owned and operated by Buffalo Lodging Associates, LLC, a hotel development & – Read more

Hampton Inn Photos