Hampton Inn
1,113 reviews

Hampton Inn Employer Reviews

fast paced and stressful
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Aberdeen, SDMarch 31, 2015
my job was fast paced you had to have all your rooms done by 2 and sometime it you would have 60 to 80 room by your self so you had to move fast if you were behind you were not alound to take breaks
Friendly Environment
Housekeeping/ Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Raises
Cons: Management was never at work, and they were rude
Friendly environment to work in. Management was HORRIBLE. Managers wouldn't show up for their shift until hours after which caused a strain on other employees such as myself. Not a very stable job because they didn't have much work
ALWAYS BUSY, LOT OF WORK
Laundry Aide- Processed (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLMarch 30, 2015
Pros: EVERY YR INTERNATIONAL HOUSE KEEPING WEEK
Cons: BOSS NOT GOOD PERSON TO WORK WITH, SHE WAS A SLAVE DRIVER...HONESTLY SHE WAS
IT WAS BUSY AND THERE WAS ALWAYS SOMETHING TO DO, LOTS OF LAUNDRY, AND ROOMS TO CLEAN...MY CO WORKERS WERE EASY TO GET ALONG WITH, AND VERY HELPFUL IF I GOT BEHIND, WHICH WAS ALMOST QUITE ALL THE TIME DEPENDING ON HOW MANY ROOMS HAD TO BE CLEANED ON A DAILY BASIS..
Overall a great environment with supportive and knowledgeable staff
Auditor/Night Manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Opportunities to interact with guests
Cons: Very limited scope of responsibility relative to my education and skill sets.
The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with guests upon their arrival or departure. The most frustrating aspect is that I have ideas for testing marketing initiatives to increase customer loyalty, but I do not have the authority to implement them. Given the fiercely competitive environment, I believe greater focus on customer retention as well as positive customer 'buzz; would provide a real competitive advantage for our hotel. The limited scope of my current responsibilities does not allow me to further develop my direct marketing experience or my quantitative/analytic skills. Therefore, I am seeking a position that provides me with the opportunity to develop professionally and to contribute to building long-term corporate revenue and improving profitability.
Very Laid Back
Executive Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee), NatchezMarch 27, 2015
My typical day of working atthe Hampton Inn was cleaning the lobby and all the public areas including restrooms laundry area and the fitness room. After i do all that I woud print out my employees room attenendace of the occupied and vacant rooms.
Was here for 3 months
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Exeter, NHMarch 23, 2015
Pros: a few of the coworkers were great
Cons: trashed rooms without a tip, management sort of a joke
You're given a list of vacant rooms that need cleaning. You make the beds, clean the bathroom, restock toiletries, vacuum, just make the room look like no one was previous staying in it. You get up to thirty minutes to make it all happen. That couldn't happen for me because I did not receive the proper training. Training is supposed to be three days in a row for eight hours whilst I was basically thrown in. I learned how disgusting people can be and ALWAYS leave a tip for the housekeepers. $8.75 an hour isn't much. Management wasn't around much, but when was around was very critical and not very helpful. Some of the co-workers were great to be around and always around to help. Others were moody and clearly annoyed. Feeling timed to leave a hotel room spotless isn't my cup of tea.
Fun place to work
Guest Service Representative/Manager on Duty (Former Employee), Clarksville, ARMarch 23, 2015
Reserved rooms for callers and walk-ins. Learned about computerized scheduling and preparing deposits from cash till. The owners/managers are great people to work for.
Productive and fun
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Monticello, ARMarch 23, 2015
During a regular day at work, I would copy and file papers and greet people as they walk into the hotel. Everybody was super friendly and I enjoyed how I could meet different people every day. The hardest part of my job was keeping my energy up because at times, things would get stressful when there was a lot of paperwork to do. My boss was wonderful and helped when she could and I learned how to pay different bills for different companies and manage my time much better.
Fun place to work, great co-workers.
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Shakopee, MNMarch 22, 2015
I performed check-in, check-out and billing tasks for guests. You may need to find restaurants and transportation for guests as needed. Meeting room support and online reservation uploads may be required on some days as well.
Fun Job
Valet Attendant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 20, 2015
Best part of the job was interacting with customers. They were the ones who made the job fulfilling. Management is mediocre, but are very willing to work around your schedule.
You have to love what you do
Front Desk Clerk and Night Auditor (Current Employee), Cullman, ALMarch 19, 2015
Its a good place to work. You have to love what you do or you can not do this job well. You have to be patient with people. If you don't have patience then you will definitely learn it here. Hardest part was when people passed away. Yes its a part of life, but it gets hard when you are around them for years at a time and get to know them and their families.
Hard work, no appreciation
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Janesville, WIMarch 18, 2015
Pros: met some really nice people staying at the hotel
Cons: no time to take breaks if you wanted to finish duties for the day
The laundry person gathered dirty sheets and towels from the rooms and separated them to be treated and washed. There was only 1 laundry person per shift for approximately 100 rooms worth of dirty linens. Management promised to get extra help, never followed through. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with supply and demand. Had to leave laundry room constantly to gather more dirty linens, or restock shelves on upper floors.
I was not there long
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Albany, NYMarch 18, 2015
I was not there long It is a great Hotel to stay at the people are great It was fun and clean pleace the food was good I have nothing more to say
Great business, more to learn, new challeneges each day
Manager (Former Employee), Bedford, PAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: i was in control, always improving, love the responsibilities
Cons: over-worked, unfair treament from the boss, i was the only manager
I always had something to do at the Hampton Inn working as a the manager. I was the only one, so I worked 100+ hours a week. I enjoyed being in control and making more improvements for the company and other employees.
Very intresting
Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Middletown, OHMarch 18, 2015
Pros: the discounted rate on hotel rooms
Cons: you have to work 8 hours and no breaks
I enjoyed meeting people from all over and it was nice to be able to have a discount if I ever traveled. I also had to work a lot of double shifts which wears a person down.
Great place to learn customer service skills
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee), Fairfield, NJMarch 16, 2015
The past 10 years have been everything. I have learned so much from this place and feel like I would be a great asset at any hotel because of all the experience I have. I learned how to be a great multitasker, how to be a leader which eventually made me a manager, and because of my quick learning and way of understanding I have always been the person who trains all our new hires at the front desk. This makes me want more, which is what I enjoy about it. I do know I would like to be a regional manager because of all the skills I have acquired I think I would be a great addition.
Its your typical hotel
Night Auditor (Current Employee), Leesburg, FLMarch 16, 2015
Pros: the discount on hotel rooms you get being an employee
Cons: the unfair treatment and no advancement opportunity with this company.
We check guest in and out of the system. Clean on a daily basis. Great everyone with a smile. I have learned how to handle guest complaints better, and became more efficient with the computer system used in the hotel. The hardest part of my job is staying awake because there is not much to do on this type of shift.
Front desk agent
Guest Service Agent/ Customer service trainer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCMarch 15, 2015
Great guest; answer phones and make/cancel reservations. Trained and assisted general manager on training strategies for new guest service agents.
great place to work
Houseman (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: all meals for free
Cons: good healthcare
was name employee of the month , learned the cleaning part of the hotel ,mat some very good people while working there. made good money working here.
it was nice place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), cleveland, ohioMarch 9, 2015
Pros: free to do job, without someone look over your shoulder
Cons: poor paid
cleaning the guest room as they check in and they depart. make sure the guest had clean sheet on there bed, clean towel, soap. I love work in this hotel, but management was bad sometime, cause some can very disrespect. my co work was okay people, not have the supple we need to the job. the salarly was very bad

1 2 3 4 5

About Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus/Polaris is owned and operated by Buffalo Lodging Associates, LLC, a hotel development & – Read more

Hampton Inn Salaries