Hampton Inn
1,191 reviews

Hampton Inn Employee Reviews

Very good and positive work place
Lobby Attendant (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach SCMay 16, 2015
My working day, starts very fast. Every day we have many interesting guests, and we a responsible to make a good quality job for them, so if they will be happy, we will be more glad to see them again in the next time. Stressful situation or conflict situations, sometimes it's hard to resolve. But for me it's easy, because i'm not a conflict person, better to be a friendly person for all the guests, i think so. My co-workers, they are very good guys, with open mind and positive looks at the life, at the best thing, they are professionals in they job. The hardest part of the job, it's a beginning of the day. We have many things, what we should do. We have to clean glasses, cups, tables, everything should be prepare for our guests. We should make sure, everything is perfect. The most enjoyable part of the day, in my opinion it's all day. We didn't have the special enjoyable time of the day, all the time on the work, it's fun and we are enjoying every minute.
productive and enjoyable
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAMay 16, 2015
Very busy environment but great meeting new people. Managers will work well with scheduling your work days around school. Overall great experience.
Very High energetic environment
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee), Marietta GeorgiaMay 15, 2015
Pros: Happy Work enviroment
Cons: breaks
I loved working with the public. I started off as a front desk clerk, worked my way up to Front Desk Manager for 7 years. Loved working with my employees, and ,management team.
Great company
Shift Leader (Current Employee), London, KYMay 15, 2015
Pros: Employee room rates anywhere are $29 dollars a night
Cons: no insurance and min wage
This is very good company to work for. Everyday is a new experience meeting new people and making sure all the guests are happy. The hardest part of the job is they don't offer medical insurance and they barely pay over min wage.
When i needed a job, i was given a chance, for that i am greatful.
Breakfast Hosttess (Current Employee), Florence, ALMay 14, 2015
Very busy which makes the time go faster some people are very moody that early in the morning. It is what it is. I have meet friends for LIFE! When there is conflict and misunderstanding. When there is mutual respect and team work for the GOOD of ALL!!
no two days were ever the same great place to learn new things
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee), Bellingham, WAMay 14, 2015
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: no benefits
set up housekeepers lists, inspect cleaned check-out rooms, confirm clock in and clock out times on a daily sign in sheet, the hardest part of my job was when I had to fire somebody.
I had a fantastic staff to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job was to see the same people everyday and to interact with the guests.
Family Oriented Job
Breakfast Hostess (Former Employee), Medford, ORMay 14, 2015
The job started every morning at 5:30 am. I prepared breakfast for all the quests staying at the hotel.

Management was not very good. The general manager had his own agenda and did everything in his power, no matter who got in his way, to achieve it. Sometimes this meant that his employees suffered.

My coworkers were cordial.
Great work enviroment
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee), Orange, TXMay 14, 2015
Pros: Relaxing enviroment
Cons: Low salary
A typical work day would be standing at the front desk greeting customers, taking reservations, answering phones, and taking payments. My coworkers are friendly and I enjoy all of them. The job is not hard at all, but I have learned the need for communication within the work center is very important.
New hotel with suprising diverse coworkers
Guest Service Representative & Houseman (Former Employee), Augusta, GAMay 13, 2015
Brand new hotel with a multitude of personalities and work ethics. Management were team players and good trainers and hotel became one of top in the county quickly.
Poor Managment
Night Auditor (Former Employee), maumell ArMay 11, 2015
Pros: set schedule
Cons: low pay
No one was every willing to train you correctly, through you out there with no training not flexible at all . low pay . no raise
It was a fun place to work with alot of great people.
Front Desk Attendant / Night Auditor (Former Employee), Center, TXMay 11, 2015
Pros: Love working with people.
Cons: Wages are low
I liked working with the public something new everyday!
This was a very rewarding experience.
My co workers were the sweetest people ever!
Felt very well placed with the staff and requirements
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee), Elizabeth City, NCMay 10, 2015
The days were constant and long. I was on call and kept close eye on the day to day operations without micro-managing. responsible for training and coaching staff and discipline when needed.
Fun place to work, but not fun to be a worker.
Houseman/Breakfast (Former Employee), Newnan, GAMay 9, 2015
Working here has been a dream. I don't have somebody standing over my back telling me what to do all day. They give you a list and tell you to get it done throughout the day. I take my breaks when I need to, and they understand family issues. The guests are always interesting, even though you have a few lemons. However the management is shotty at best. The supervisors there are afraid of their subordinates, which blows my mind. The head hotel manager is not all the way here, if you know what I mean. And everybody else is so worried about the next employee that it makes it hard to want to do your job.
Great place to work. Friendly and nice enviorment. General Managment is great and willing to help
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 6, 2015
Great place and benefits offered. Pays twice a month. But job starts at little to nothing. Would like more pay. Friendly and nice environment. General Management is great and willing to help at all time.
it was very fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Loved cleaning and working with my co workers
Cons: Bad management
over all it was a great job but the management wasnt very fair to assigning the room..had thier favorites and thats not very proffesional but i loved everything else about cleaning the rooms and the best feed backs from the guests
Good job
Head Engineer (Former Employee), Shawnee, OKMay 4, 2015
Over worked and terribly underpayed but thats the hotel maint postion. You are expected to know how to fix everthing with little to no budget. Hvac,plumbing,electrical,drywall, flooring,pools,spas all for the average pay of 8-9 hr. Not fair at all the hotel would fail without maint dept. but still it is rewarding and I enjoy it
great staff
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 4, 2015
a typical day at work was getting to know everyone
I've learned that everyone can use a little help in every area
just be friendly and help out whenever you can to help your co worker
the hardest part of the job is making sure you've done everything can to get the job done
the most enjoyable thing at work is knowing that you done a great job at the end of your day
Nice
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Oxon Hill, MDMay 3, 2015
This Company Has Been Very Good To Me And Will I Recommend This Hotel For Everyone. For Someone Just Getting In The Work Feel This Company Will Give you What you Need.
Great Work Place
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee), Helena MTApril 30, 2015
Get to work count the till and complete check list. Wonderful people to work with and GREAT management. They give you enough rope to make guests happy without throwing off everything. The best place I have worked by far.
Great
Front Desk (Current Employee), Defiance, OHApril 30, 2015
I am busy a lot at my job, but it has taught me to be effective in my time management skills. This is because I am required to complete multiple tasks in multiple departments in my allotted 8 hours there.

About Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus/Polaris is owned and operated by Buffalo Lodging Associates, LLC, a hotel development & – Read more

Hampton Inn Salaries