1,256 reviews

Hampton Inn Employee Reviews

I like my work
Breakfast Host and Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Richland, MSJune 26, 2015
Cons: up very early. no backup/relief
I love working with food and helping guests. However I don't feel the franchise owners can relate to the quality expected for Hampton Inn.
We've been open 5 months and still no time clock.
A lovely hotel with a friendly staff providing exemplary customer service with a Southern twist.
Night Auditor/ Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Marksville, LAJune 25, 2015
Pros: Employee discounted hotel rooms
Cons: The current decrease in hours among employees
A typical day at work always brings about new challenges. Providing great customer service takes sufficient training and a great amount of patience. My general manager is very easy to talk to and understands the needs of the guests as well as the employees. My coworkers could bring a little more enthusiasm to the front desk, but I am not complaining. The hardest part of my job is having to tell a guest I am unable to sell them a room because I have no availability . My goal is to sell! The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing that every guest is satisfied with the service as well as their room by the time they are checked in.
Hard work not enough time
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Steubenville, OHJune 25, 2015
Pros: short work days
Cons: short work days and no benefits.
Its hard to get people out of a hotel room when you need to clean it. Some times people really wreck the rooms and typically a room clean should take about 15 to 30 minutes.
Fun workplace.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Adel, GAJune 25, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people.
Cons: None.
I enjoy customer service! I take pride in working directly with the public as well. The most enjoyable part of the job was being the first impression that anyone has of the business.
Great place to learn
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Triadelphia, WVJune 25, 2015
I learned alot working there, I went from executive housekeeper to Assistant Manger. I learned how to schedule personal, orders products to keep the hotel running. keep accounts up to date.
Laid back
Guest Server (Housekeeper) (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIJune 24, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: part time hours
I transferred to worked at the Hampton Inn for a short time but the work place environment was great!! They let you do your job at your own pace and didn't over work you in no way the housekeeping manager would even step in to help out. I hated to leave but I needed more work hours
Great place to work - Depends on management company
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee), Salem, ORJune 24, 2015
Pros: Team member travel program
Cons: demanding schedule
I like working at the Hampton Inn & Suites Brand. It is a demanding hotel but affords great personal rewards. You can easily advance within this industry if you are willing to work hard and contribute to the overall success of the team.
manager was a wonderful person
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Natchitoches, LAJune 23, 2015
Pros: got to have a real lunch break
Cons: no healthcare
Manager always took time for everyone no matter what employees and guest. Clean rooms, full time hours were good.Co workers were very nice,enjoyed get togethers like pot luck dinner with co workers
Loved the job
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Presque Isle, MEJune 23, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Nothing
Everyday was unique. I learned alot. Management was ok. My co workers were ok. Nothing was hard. I loved every part.Overall Good job.
Wonderful work environment and rewarding position
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2015
Pros: Flexible with School hours, fast pace environment, rewarding
Cons: No breaks allotted
Overall, I have really enjoyed working at the Hampton Inn as a front desk agent. I have the ability to create a positive experience for guests who stay with us by providing excellent customer service along with making the guests feel at home by providing them with many resources throughout their stay.
A good environment
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee), Phenix City, ALJune 20, 2015
Pros: environment
Cons: pay
Hampton Inn has a good working environment and working conditions. I have enjoyed working there because I love customer service. A typical day at work is assisting guests and making them feel comfortable. The most enjoyable part is working with guests and my fellow team.
It was a very peaceful work envioroment.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Largo, MDJune 19, 2015
Pros: Good Manager
Cons: Short Lunch Time
Process guest arrivals and departures including handling all necessary payments in a professional manner. Coordinate room assignments and pre-arrivals and handle guests concerns. Offer referrals for services and handle requests for information. Assist with the check-in and check-out of large groups or tours. Communicate with or assist as a translator in Spanish for all Spanish speaking clients. Advise housekeeping staff when rooms had been vacated and ready for cleaning. Arranged and recommend tours, taxis and restaurants.
Hampton
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaJune 18, 2015
Cons: income
I really enjoy working at the Hampton Inn and Suites. I have gained useful information that I will carry with me for future jobs. The favorite part of my day is knowing that everyone is enjoying there stay and I was a part of that lasting impression.
Great place to work.
Front Desk Clerk and Night Auditor (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYJune 18, 2015
The people there make the experiene worth it. I could not have asked to work with a better group of people. Management is excellent and they find a way to create a stress free environment, even when things get hectic.
Good place to work, but low pay
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Deer Park, ILJune 18, 2015
Pros: Learning a new industry
Cons: Low pay, with minimal benefits
• Supervised staff of five associates
• Dealt with any conflicts guest have during their stay
• Counted inventory and placed orders for ‘suite’ shop and kitchen
• Built and maintained relationships with frequent guests
• Trained all new front desk associates
• Awarded ‘Employee of the Year’ 2013

Learned all about the hotel industry; managing the front desk, the housekeeping staff and handling guest services.

Management was great, they taught me a lot. Co-workers were not well paid and therefore did not have a lot of respect for the work.

Most difficult part of the job was handling problems in the guest rooms when you were the only staff in the building.

I enjoyed meeting all the different people that came in to stay at the hotel.
Desk clerk (Former Employee), Lebanon, KyJune 17, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, and down time.
Cons: No breaks, sometimes you leave early.
A typical day at work was checking guests in and out of the hotel, taking money transactions, completing night audits, and making nightly routine checks inside and outside the hotel. Co-workers were friendly and made me feel comfortable. I original was hired to replace another co-worker who later changed their mind and kept their job, they let me go because of that reason. What I enjoyed most about the job was the learning experience, I learned basic manager skills. It was a very relaxed job.
Auditor (Former Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLJune 15, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: May lack in benifits in some properties.
Hampton Inn is one of the better hotels with a loyal following preferable guests. Management works hard with there employees to bring out outstanding customer service in an enjoyable work environment.
a good place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 15, 2015
Pros: NO
Cons: No
Tittle: Front Desk
• Greet guests and patrons as they arrive
• Ask if guests have a prior booking
• Manage the registration process
• Ask for identification and ensure that the provided credentials are accurate
• Handle guest check-ins and check-outs appropriately
• Operate hotel switchboard, take calls and provide information and transfer calls
• Manage accurate accounting of all rooms
• Provide guests with room keys and call for bellboys
• Take reservations over the telephone, through emails and in person
• Answer queries regarding the hotel’s services, charges, dining facilities, sports facilities and travel directions
• Refer guests to appropriate departments to resolve complaints or provide suggestions
• Compute bills and take payments
• Provide guests with directions around the hotel
• Contact housekeeping and maintenance departments when a problem is reported
• Explain appropriate use of keys and ensure that guests are satisfied with the rooms allotted to them
Fun place to work
Housekeeper/Laundry Aide (Former Employee), LaGrange GaJune 13, 2015
Pros: Meeting New People
Cons: Extremly dirty room left by a Customer
A fun family oriented place to work with great Management and staff.Enjoyed meeting new people and preesenting Customers with a clean friendly work enviroment.
Loved My Manager and Co workers
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 13, 2015
Greeting very person and making them feeling welcome! My first hotel job my hiring manager actually gave me a chance to work at her hotel and loved it!

About Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus/Polaris is owned and operated by Buffalo Lodging Associates, LLC, a hotel development & – Read more

Hampton Inn Salaries