Hampton Inn
1,079 reviews

Hampton Inn Employer Reviews

Good team to work with
Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee), Rochester, MNFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: good team members
Cons: management
I would assign each housekeeper enough work for the day. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to be my own boss and make executive decisions.
Great people to work with
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), Rochester, MNFebruary 3, 2015
My coworkers and regular guests were made this job great. It didn't feel like I was at work. I actually enjoyed going to work and spending time with all of my coworkers. The most enjoyable parts of my day were when the regular guests came back with good news, as most of the guests were hospital patients.
not bad but not much room for advancement
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Asheboro, NCFebruary 2, 2015
spend the day checking customers in, making and cancelling reservations, answering phones, etc. Get to know frequent customers and chat to pass the time
Great first job
Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor (Current Employee), Gainesville, TXFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: discounted hotel rooms, meting interesting people from around the world
Cons: no health insurance, low pay
I run nightly reports, check guests in/out, assist in guest needs to make their stay as comfortable as possible, take payments, prepare bills, brew coffee, and keep the front desk and breakfast area clean and organized.
Greatest Work Experience
Front Office Manager/ Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Viera, FLFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: opportunity, fellow management and team members
Cons: wages, ownership
The Hampton Inn provided me with a plethora of information, and I was able to manage a multi-million dollar company at such a young age. They gave me the tools needed to be successful, and to make my team thrive. I can honestly say that the Hampton Inn helped mold me into the young, head-strong and independent hotel manager that I am today. I was given so much information and opportunity at such a young age.

However, I felt as though the compensation was low for how much work and responsibility I was given. There were times where I would work 60-70 hours a week, for a month straight, and I never saw any bonuses or extra perks. However, I believe that molded my work ethic and made me want to preform better in more recent jobs, giving me an edge against other potential employees.

Working for the Hampton Inn was one of the greatest opportunities I have ever had, unfortunately I could not stay with the company under extreme and odd circumstances, but I would go back in a heartbeat if I could!
Very organized and well manored staff.
Head of housekeeping/assistant manager (Former Employee), Middlebury, INJanuary 31, 2015
A typical day at work would be going in and figuring out who did and did not show up. If staff members didn't come into work I had to call around to find another to take their place for that day. If unable to find anyone, I would fill in for that position. I would then make schedules, and hire more staff if needed as well as schedule interviews. I would check the cleaned rooms to be sure our staff members did their job correctly. I learned how to handle incompetent staff members, and how to manage time wisely. The hardest part of the job would be keeping things fair for the staff and costumers. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the friendly people you get to talk to throughout the day, and making the costumers happy!
hotel work
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 31, 2015
no 2 days were ever the same. great staff, owners, and guests. miss my hotel days. wish i had stayed long enough to get certified as a general manager.
Loved my job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Summersville, WVJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: no backup of general manager on certain issues
Loved meeting new people daily, very hard to satisfy everyone all the time, General Management was very undecisive at times, Co-workers was only there for paychecks. Hardest Part was trying to do the right thing as assistant manager with one hand tied behind your back.
I love working at the hampton inn.
Guest service agent (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: free parking
Great place to work and wonderful people . I love to assist guest with very professional manner and it is my successes . it is a place you can grow your customer service experience.
Work as a team
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee), Lehighton, PAJanuary 30, 2015
Steady paced job with room to advance. Being a franchised company you work as a team and have requirements to fulfill for Hilton.
hotel
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee), Advance, NCJanuary 30, 2015
very little management . co workers are great and wonderful interaction with guests. No benefits are provided. Flexible work schedule
Productive and a fun place to work.
Guest Service Agent & Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 27, 2015
There is always something new to learn on a daily base. I enjoy meeting new people on a daily. Wonderful co-workers they always make the day go by.
Task
Night Auditor/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Great Falls, MTJanuary 26, 2015
 Perform task in specialized computer programs such as: OnQ Management System (reservation system), PBX, and Microsoft Office programs
 Auditor task: close out accounts, roll-over business date, balance account totals, and process credit cards
 Prepare complimentary breakfast area
 Drive the shuttle to and from Airport or other desired locations
 Sell rooms at best rate, up sale, and sell packages
 Create standard direct phone reservation and manage online reservation
 Defuse any conflict a guest may experience and effectively
 Answer and transfer calls on a multi-line phone
 Communicate essential information to each department
 Train new staff members
 Assist manager in any duties required
Fun and interesting work environment
Assistant Executive Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee), Belle Vernon, PAJanuary 25, 2015
Working at a hotel gives you the pleasure of meeting people from all over the world. It is a fun work environment with minimal staff allowing the development of friendships at a personal level while maintaining a professional atmosphere.
Fun Workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Williamsburg, KYJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: discount on hotels rooms if i traveled anywhere
Cons: i did not have a steady schedule one day i may work ten hours and the next it may only be one.
I enjoyed my work there. Most of my co-workers were friendly and made the day progress faster. I learned how to be a more considerate person. Also that teamwork is very important for the success of a company. The hardest duty I performed at Hampton inn was changing the duvets on the bed, but with a little practice it became natural to me. I enjoyed the experience itself in trying something different.
hotel
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Roxboro, NCJanuary 24, 2015
Hampton is a well run hotel and I enjoyed working for them was fare to all their employees and I was sorry that I had to leave. they were also concerned about their guess both good and bad. I was in the housekeeping dept and it was a challenging job but could both be rewarding and very fast paced.
Busy workplace.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 22, 2015
Learned a lot about customer service. Hampton Inn was a good place to start, when being in the cutomer service industry and learning how to really make someone happy.
A nice hotel along the Olentangy river
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 22, 2015
Our Hotel had just opened up when I started there, in fact I was part of the opening ceremony. A typical day was just like any other front desk hotel job. I would answer phones and make reservations, and handle any guest questions or concerns. My co workers were alright but I believe certain supervisors were not meant for that position. The hardest part of the job was standing for 8 hours at a time.
Fun place to work, very pleasant staff.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Charleston, WVJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: meeting new people, have great management, and being trusted to run the whole hotel by myself.
Cons: having to take the insults from customers with a smile on my face, but the pros definately outweighed the cons.
My day would start off and end in the same way, constantly multitasking. Telephones going crazy, guests needing this or that. I got to meet a lot of people from all walks of life which I absolutely love and I enjoyed it immensely. My managers were great, very personable people. My co-workers, as far as that situation, most of the time I was at the front desk alone, so they were in the housekeeping area of the building, but because of me not being able to leave the front desk very much I would have to ask them to do specific things for certain guests, some would be very unhappy with that, which I understood because their job was strenuous enough already. The hardest part of the job was getting insulted by the guests, the ones who were what they referred to as "regulars" thought they could do and say whatever they wanted to the staff. I'm not sure if it had to do with the 100% satisfaction guarantee that they have, or it was just their personalities. It was difficult to be made fun of basically, but the job itself, I enjoyed very much.
Productive Place to work With Set Schedule, And Clean Environment
housekeeping (Former Employee), Georgetown, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Very Friendly co-workers And very clean environment. The best part of my Day was when guests would leave me little notes for coffee they accidentally spilled. the Hardest part of my job was that I was 8 months pregnant and had to bend several times, making beds and cleaning the roms.

About Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus/Polaris is owned and operated by Buffalo Lodging Associates, LLC, a hotel development & – Read more