Hampton Inn

1.3K reviews

Hampton Inn Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Temporary fill in Reception Attendant (Former Employee), York, NEAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Meeting people
Serve cocktails to attendants before turning in for the night.
Management treated you like a employee, not a number. Co-workers were very respectful and enjoyable to be around. The most enjoyable party of this job was meeting the different society.
Great job, great staff
Night Audit (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Downtime for school, breakfast
One of the few jobs that I have worked where I really felt appreciated. My boss was always friendly and willing to lend a hand to his workers as long as we reciprocated his kindness. I would often pick up extra shifts when people were sick. In return, my boss comped my girffriend a room after our place was vandalized until she felt safe to go home again.
Great benefits, lousy owners/management
Front Desk (Current Employee), St. Petersburg/Clearwater, FLAugust 11, 2015
Pros: great benefits, employee discounts, and a laid back atmosphere
Cons: Extremely short staffed, favoritism for certain employees, very limited on supplies, & advancement takes a while
Not the best place to look to for starting a career. Advancement takes way too long. This hotel is extremely under staffed in each department. The guests are suffering from it, and nothing is being done to improve the situation. Like most companies, its all politics, but it is beyond the definition of favoritism. The hotel is not that old, but due to lack of maintenance, the building smells moldy, wake up calls sometimes don't go through, the a/c units barely run or run so loud it keeps people up all night, and the key machine just to get guests in their room is constantly on the fritz. Guests complain on a daily basis about lack of clean towels and linen, soap, and supplies that housekeeping is skimping on because they have way too many rooms to clean in such a short amount of time. Not enough house keeping equals half done rooms. And the major problem is that the staff are being blamed for low scores when the management group can't staff properly. it's really a lose-lose situation for everyone working for this company. Benefits are the only upside. Stellar insurance, and great discounts at affiliated properties.
Productive, Advancement, Creative, Fun.
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 11, 2015
This was a great company to work for. They really cared about their employee's and always had room for advancement. I work with them for 10 years and If it wasn't that I was relocating I probably would still be working with them.
Productive and Fun place to work.
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Rossford, OHAugust 11, 2015
Great working as a team to clean rooms. Working there really helps you learn how to clean at a fast pace. The hardest part of the job was finding your own system but once you get it down it is easy.
enjoyed my time here,still visit from time to time.
Laundry Aide (Former Employee), Moss Point, MSAugust 10, 2015
Pros: free wifi
Cons: not enough hours/pay
the work was average during the week,but if we had a full house,things got busy real quick. management was good,owners show their appreciation for workers.
Great Team
Front desk receptionist (Current Employee), Hartsville, SCAugust 7, 2015
A typical day at work for me is entertaining. I get to see different faces and meet new people throughout the company.I have learned a lot and my years at the Hampton.
I enjoy this job but am looking to further provide for my soon to be family.
Maintenance (Current Employee), Lees Summit, MOAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Team Appreciation, good benefits, understanding management.
Cons: Would like to see a higher pay.
Working for Hampton has given me the opportunity to expand my experience in the field of Hospitality by giving me the knowledge of hotel maintenance. They have been very accommodating to my needs as an employer and would recommend the company to others to work for.
a productive place to work
Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee), Batavia, NYAugust 6, 2015
Pros: tips, discounts on hotel rooms
Cons: the general manager, not being able to take breaks with out getting yelled at, not haveing enough supplys because we couldnt tell our boss anything
i liked to work here because i was working by myself in my own section of the hotel. i learned more how to treat and talk better with people and guest. the management was not good at all our boss would always have an attitude with us because she had family problems or because she was mad at something. she would always take it out on the housekeepers or the other employees. the hardest part of this job was to deal with the manager we couldn't tell her that we needed more supply's in the hotel or we couldn't walk in her office to tell her something that is bothering us with getting yelled at or getting called names. the most enjoyable part is talking to the customers on how their hotel room was and how their stay went. and having the guest tell you you have done such a good job in the rooms. it feels good because our general manager would not tell us that she would always put us down. we would even get yelled at if we want to take a short break.
Great Place
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAAugust 6, 2015
I really enjoyed working here and the staff was great. Management was wonderful. They were very accommodating when it came to family issues
Professional and productive workplace
Assistant Manager Housekeeping Department (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 5, 2015
The worlplace was very comforting and pleasant with a very high quality of fun and professsional atmosphere.

I've learned a tremendous amount of customer service for guest. My priority in such a workplace has made me aware and comfortable, knowledgeable, and more efficient to a customer needs and employees as well.

The management team was a very big part in my motivation to move forward in the company. There was always a chance for employees to move up in the company if the employee showed interest in his or her reason for training. Managers was always open to new ideas and listened to the employees wants and needs as well.

The co-workers were such an oustanding team to work with. It was always a joy to arrive to work with so many friendly faces and character they showed up with on a day to day basis.

The hardest part of the job being an assistant manger was to think that you are not doing your best, which is a challenge because You have a management team and employees that remind you daily that your job and the work (I) or employees perform is very outstanding. I was very appreciative to know that the mangement team was behind employees 100%, so this encouragement from them was a big impact to perform greatness for the company and the guest as well.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to guarantee excellent service for the guest. With that being said, it was a delight to have guest to compliment you on the work you perform on a daily basis without hesitation. This was a huge aspect to those that really strive for greatness to please others.
Love my job
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Mill Hall, PAAugust 5, 2015
Pros: make people feel at home
Cons: no benefits healthcare
I love my job. I get to interact with differant people everyday. I learned that i can make the customer happy, my goal is complete for the day. I love the front desk staff I work with we can joke around and have a good time but still get our work done. I hardest part of my job is when I have a guest complaint and then i get accommodate their needs because the hotel is full. The most enjoyable part of my job, is making the customer feel like they are staying at home and they are happy with their stay.
loved working nights alone
Night Manager (Former Employee), temple texasAugust 4, 2015
Pros: quite place and loved meeting new people
Cons: no health care
I was a night audit manager and ran night audit reports.checked check-ins an check -outs as well as reservations and over stays.
Fast paced work. Minimum wage.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Yorkville, ILAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Wonderful team, fast paced.
Cons: Minimum wage. No benefits.
Worked with a great team of housekeepers 5 days a week to maintain the highest standards of cleanliness in guest rooms and common property areas while guests while maintaining genuine interactions.
Low pay and no benefits. Great fast paced environment,
descent work environment
House keeper/Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COJuly 30, 2015
Pros: discount rooms, breakfast on weekend with management
Cons: upper management/ gm
management was amazing. co-workers did a fabulous job. gets extremely overwhelming. i learned how to do some executive housekeeping procedures.
Two Views
FRONT DESK AGENT (Former Employee), Somerset, PAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: relaxed atmosphere
Cons: benefits aren't worth the cost, hard work
Worked housekeeping for the first half of employment. Hard, hard, HARD work with little recognition for it and barely any pay. Worked front desk and night audit that was easier but had to deal with the public. Would go back to do front desk before I'd ever do housekeeping again.
good place to work
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Albany, NYJuly 26, 2015
Double Tree hotel is the best place to work i feel like family there and offer a good benefit ...the management is always helpful.
Workplace that puts culture and development first.
General Manager (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Culture, advancement, development, incentives.
Cons: Work/Life balance
Culture and development best explain the company. There is a big focus on feeding the pipeline with as many management potential candidates as possible. Service scores take precedence over all; however there is still a strong push for financial performance. This company will really teach you the ins and outs of running a business.
Great Work environment
Bellman (Former Employee), Charlottesville, VAJuly 24, 2015
Meeting new people, great customer service. team work environment
Supportive management, organization and development
Hampton Inn is a great place to work in.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Rosenberg, TXJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Pot -luck lunch once a month
Cons: The workplace was 30 miles away from my home. No public transportation
I really loved working at The Hampton Inn. The staff was excellent. Everyone was extremely welcoming. There were great incintives to get you work harder. I would definately work for that company again.