Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn Employee Reviews

Found 1,450 reviews matching the search
productive fun
Customer Service/cook (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDDecember 19, 2015
my day starts 5am I get to say goodmorning to a mix bag of guest,my boss.the gm down to the housekeepers at our hotel we are
there for each other we are family.they can call on me anytime im there my son died the whole hotel was there for me ,the bond that ties employees to each other makes for a smooth salingship.There is no hardest part of my job .i love what i do seeing some happy and i was a part of that day (a good day)
the
Great team of managers and peers made work easier
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, CODecember 18, 2015
Manager strove to make sure her hotel was doing a great job with customer service and she helped her employees express that goal. I liked what I did, and who I worked with. Wish I could have stayed longer.
Pros
Great job with caring people.
Cons
Early hours. A bit far to drive.
It was great being in a place of managment.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, WYDecember 18, 2015
It was awesome getting to manage several areas of the hotel. I was able to teach several of my employees the importance of being punctual and doing the best job they could.
Pros
great benefits and perks
Cons
Slow Season
Productive and Energetic
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wytheville, VADecember 17, 2015
Strip all rooms of dirty linen, make sure they get to the laundry room. Clean all rooms assigned to you for that day, all rooms if cleaned properly should take up to 30 to 45 minutes a piece. Stock Buggies at the end of the day. Management was pretty lazy. Hardly was ever there. Co-workers were okay, some lazy and some very helpful as well. Nothing was really hard about the job. Most enjoyable part was being able to work alone and clean room in your own routine.
Great place to work at most
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Plover, WIDecember 14, 2015
This is a great place to work as long at most part, the staff is super friendly, and you get good training, but the head of household can be rude, and if you make her angry she will take it out on you all day.
Pros
left over breakfast items, free coffe, lemonade and ice tea on ocassion
Cons
work shirts sucked, head of household
A Day At Hampton
Jront Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDDecember 11, 2015
A Typical Day At Work At Hampton Is A Fast Paced Business Like Environment. I Learn New Things Everyday, Whether It Be Something New About A Guest Or Something New On Our System because its always changing so refreshing yourself is always good! Communication With The Managers Is Always Good From The Little To Major Things. Having A Good Team Means You Have To Be A Team Player, so that might mean covering for someone or picking up where they slack makes a difference and their should always be good communication between coworkers. The Hardest Part Of My Job is turning away a guest when we are at full capacity.The Most Enjoyable part of my job is seeing my guest check out with the same smile they checked inn with
Pros
Great Managment, Great Location, Good Team
Cons
Benefits, Job Advancement
Great Experience
Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PADecember 11, 2015
I was able to learn alot through this time period for my internship. The staff was very friendly and was there to help me whenever I needed it.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Irritated customers
Ok
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  West Des MoinesDecember 11, 2015
The job was ok. Management was less than stellar. The manager is something else. They have unrealistic expectations as to what maintenance is.
Interactive and Fun Workplace
Front Desk Agent and Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYDecember 11, 2015
Every day is different, coming in you never know what to expect, you can think you will have a slow shift then get a random sell out night. You get to deal with all different types of individuals, which can be a pleasure in most situations. I absolutely love getting the opportunity to connect with complete strangers, possibly make their day or at least their stay at our Hotel a meaningful, joyful and hopefully unforgettable experience.
Pros
Meeting complete strangers and making their day or stay.
Cons
No scheduled breaks, no real benifits as far as health insurance goes.
Just a job
front desk (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNDecember 9, 2015
I enjoyed meeting new people. The manager was awful this by far the most unorganized establishment I have ever worked. They couldn't keep an employee a 90 day duration that should tell you everything you need to know.
Pros
The guest
Cons
Manager
Organized, flexible, neat
Front Desk Clerk, House Keeper, Breakfast Server (Former Employee) –  Heath, OHDecember 9, 2015
They mean well to the guests and employees. They have friendly staff that are always helpful, and they serve a very nice breakfast from very nice breakfast ladies
Pros
50% off at donatos, discounted hotel rooms
Cons
NO breaks, you work alone
housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHDecember 9, 2015
clean rooms, make beds organize, inspect rooms replace anything broken, coworkers are very friendly, and helpful, restock items, meet customers needs/wants.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
minimum wage pay, gross rooms
productive and a very fun work place
Guest Service Agent/ Manager On Duty (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 9, 2015
I truly enjoy being at that place of business everything i learned i learned from the general manager there the whole team is amazing
very productive and fun when its possible.I enjoy my job and the work that I do
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Hinesville, GADecember 8, 2015
Working at Hampton Inn has been an experience for me. My job growth depend on each and every employees performance so I always try to give my 100% efforts on my work that is provided to me and always try to finish my work before time
Pros
giftcards for jobs well done, request days off if needed.
Cons
no raise, no benefits no direct deposit barely get overtime
Great company, friendly people
Housekeeping Inspector (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 7, 2015
Hampton is a wonderful company to work for. They believe in TEAM WORK, that is there #1 motto. I had a chance to grow in the company.
Pros
holiday bonus
Cons
No overtime
productive envirorment with a team focus
Hotel Manager (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXDecember 6, 2015
This is a customer service first environment with a strong emphasis on team work. The most enjoyable part of working here is interacting with different people from all over the world that come to the area. Our staff is more like a family than just co-workers we know and support each other.
Pros
Employee travel program
Cons
No benefits
Great work enviorment
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIDecember 5, 2015
Great work environment. They give you advancement options, and raises. This is a great place to work if you are planning on going into Hospitality.
Pros
lunch breaks, raises
Fun place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lake George, NYDecember 2, 2015
Co-workers and Management was fun to work for. I loved it. Every day was a bit different. I enjoyed working there because of coworkers
Pros
Cons
No hours, and took half an hour out of your check even though you worked 2-3 hours.
Great Place!!! Unfair Management!!!!
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZDecember 2, 2015
Typical day at work was Making reservations, Answering phone calls, Stocking suite shop, Baking cookies, And Always Acknowledging Guests. There was always an opportunity to grow and you felt happy and free. It didn't feel like work and I think that's important, The co-workers treated you like a Brother or Sister and that's rare. Management NOT good. I Loved!!! my co-workers the best I ever worked with. I actually enjoyed all parts of my job.
Fun with pool room
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILNovember 30, 2015
The people that goes through the Motel, where they come from. Where they are going, I learned about different country as they stay at the motel.
Pros
Some of the people i have worked with.
Cons
people not wanting the rooms done right.