Hampton Inn
1,181 reviews

Hampton Inn Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Executive Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee), Glendale, COApril 25, 2015
Responsible for the overall cleanliness of the hotel including rooms and public areas. Major responsibilities include ensuring guests are satisfied with hotel cleanliness; responding to guests’ needs; ensuring safety and security of rooms; maintaining inventory and cost controls; selecting, training, maintaining and managing a motivated and skilled workforce. Establishes a friendly atmosphere of superior guest service and product quality and provides exemplary performance for staff to follow.
Fast and furious work place
Chief Engineer/Maintenance Manager (Current Employee), Natchez, MSApril 25, 2015
The typical work day is a non-factor at Hampton Inn. All activity is based upon what the guest needs. That can range from making copies of documents to building a new plumbing system.
I learned that I have really good Critical Thinking Skills and Problem Solving Skills.
The Management Staff is hard working and cares about making the Hampton Inn the best possible Hotel in Natchez.
The most difficult part of this job is the two and three week work schedules with out any days off and the complete and total lack of any type of health and medical benefits.
I really enjoy making things work that are broken and solving the problems to the satisfaction of the guests.
Customer Service
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Clarksdale, MSApril 25, 2015
Customer Service daily, we deal with guest who travel on a Business and Leisure purposes. I love working for Hospitality you get to meet new people of all different ethics.
Tight knit environment!
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Joplin, MOApril 24, 2015
I love working with the Hampton! We are a tight knit family and will help each other in any way possible. There is room for advancement with the proper motivation. Being a manager, I feel the management staff is above par! The most enjoyable part of this job is the guests! They make your day!
Productive and Nice work environment
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Harrison, ARApril 24, 2015
Pros: People, Good environment, Easy work system, Schedule
Cons: Healthcare, managment
Work was nice, Pretty busy sometimes, I had a great schedule. I learned how to do many things on the Hampton Inn webpage, learned how to check people in and out, good customer service, the management could have handled things differently and could have been involved more and provided the right kind of help. My coworkers were all nice and friendly and did their job efficiently. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all kinds of new people and getting to know people.
No business
General Manager (Former Employee), Brownwood, TXApril 23, 2015
This job was not very exciting, as there was not much business. This hotel would have been more fun and a great place to work if there was more business and the employees had better morale. The owner is great.
asdf
Night Auditor (3rd Shift Manager) (Former Employee), Harrison, NJApril 23, 2015
o Planned and implemented classroom core curriculum and instructive programs for children in the absence of the supervising teacher.
o Assisted lead teacher in lesson delivery and presentation while administering the behavior of students to create a safe classroom environment.
o Upheld the classroom’s vigorous environment conducive to learning and suitable to the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
o Developed curiosity, exploration, and problem solving skills among children.
o Monitored children lunches, snacks, while maintaining a clean, safe and fully organized classroom.
o Performed all general administrative tasks such as filing, answering phones, record-keeping, faxing, printing, emailing, report preparation, generating all documentation and notifications to parents.
o Organized extra curricular activities, special events, workshops, meetings, training programs, conferences, and workshops while also attending and participating in each event.
Unstable environment 10 general managers in 2 years
Anonymous (Former Employee), Southern CaliforniaApril 22, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: frequent management changes
Management company change. No job security. Too many changes in General Managers, no consistancy. Unfortunate renovation.
Very clean and orderly
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Sandusky, OHApril 21, 2015
A typical day at the Hampton Inn would consist of (depending whether you are scheduled for day shift or evening shift) making sure vacant rooms were cleaned by housekeeping and double checked, assigning rooms to guests prior to arrival, coding key cards for each room, answering phones, making sure the guests already with us were enjoying their stay. Evening shift would consist of checking guests into their rooms and making sure they were accommodated, making sure the pool had enough towels, answering the telephone whether it was from a current guests' room or someone calling to make a reservation. I learned what goes on behind-the-scenes at a hotel and now have an understanding of how much work is put into making sure guests are having an enjoyable stay. The management was strong, very involved with the running and maintenance of the hotel and rooms. Co workers were nice and professional.
Meeting people
Housekeeper Manager/ Banquet Manager (Former Employee), wilson ncApril 21, 2015
Pros: discount at other hotel
Cons: no insurance
Coordinated difference set ups . manager the hotel housekeeper dept, manager 19 employees.
oversees the building upkeep. oversees the shipped, inventory. manager the breakfast bar, laundry room, 71 sleeping rooms
Great
HouseKeeper (Current Employee), Medina, OHApril 20, 2015
Great boss and great co-workers. I couldn't of found a better job with all these amazing co-workers. We really help each other out and have lots of fun.
I loved this job. But in the end, I did not love this particular establishment.
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee), Blue Springs, MOApril 19, 2015
Pros: Its a job. If you love helping people, making them feel happy and comfortable, its worth it.
Cons: my review sums it up.
It was hard work as you could imagine, but you were providing a service to people. My favorite part of the job was when I got to assist guests, help meet there needs, whether that meant opening a door for them or giving them supplies. Gave me a sense of purpose.
It was worth the stress of the day just to see the guest satisfied.

I would still be working there if the management there wasn't so poisonous to the work environment. Gossip, Drama, Manipulative schemes, you name it. The lowest of lows, completely unprofessional.

My advice, look at the reviews before you start working at a hotel. Had i done that, I would have found one that laid it all out for me. Warned me, if you will, of the conditions.
Hit & Miss
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 18, 2015
Cons: Pay is a hit or miss
Depending on what management company you have over you your experience can be great or miserable. I have been with 3 different companies where one lost their flags, another had horrible management and then the other the employees did not care of their jobs.
Hampton INn
Melissa Vandermolen (Current Employee), Waynesburg, PAApril 17, 2015
I come in ten mins early
Count the cash drawer so the next shift can leave in a timely manner.
Log on to the Reservations System , ask the previous shift if there is anything I need to know.
Print my daily reports , then review to make sure there are no errors.
Assist guests with Check-ins, take phone calls to make or edit reservations.
Get my money and log book ready for the next shift
Brief my relief , close out all my accounts, make sure I have done all my responsibilities for the day and leave.
Great enviroment. Great People
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Mount Vernon, ILApril 17, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable people, different culturated people.
Cons: No real benefits for part time employees
You always meet new people. You get to hear all sorts of stories. The employees here treat you like family, both guests and co-workers, or try their best to make sure, you as a guest, are pleased. Hardest part of the job is when you can't please a guest or accommodate everything a guest wants. You can't please everyone. You are always learning something new on the job.
The pay is good.
Hotel Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee), Horseheads, NYApril 16, 2015
Pros: I've learned alot
Cons: Short breaks and standing 8-9 hours
I answer phones, check guest in, check guest out, maintain the cash drawer, make reservations, and assist with guest needs. Also assist the Assistant GM, and the GM. I also place Coke and Perry's Ice Cream orders and maintain the Suite shop. The hardest part of my job is standing on my feet for 8 - 9 hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with people from all over the world.
Steady stable job
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Pennsville, NJApril 15, 2015
Could fill lots of hours if needed. I enjoyed the guests who came. I enjoyed the high pace environment of front desk.Was able to train in all areas of the hotel.
Change in management
Front Desk Agent/ Maintenance (Current Employee), Houma, LAApril 14, 2015
Cons: healhcare, management
They put you in a position that I did not want or qualified for and set you up for failure. I was hired for front desk and previously I was an AGM and they were not helpful in helping people succeed.
Hampton Inn
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), East Peoria, ILApril 12, 2015
Pros: Guests
Cons: Short Breaks
A typical work day at hampton inn can be very different from day to day! One day we could be very busy with phone calls and check in and another day we could have a few phone calls and maybe 2 check ins. My coworkers here are amazing and i love working with each and every one of them! The most enjoyable part of my job is coming into contact with our guests and getting to know them!
Comfortable/ friendly place to work.
Hotel Front Desk Manager (Current Employee), Van Horn, TxApril 9, 2015
Pros: Professional and well known hotel brand
Cons: Benefits
Lessons are learned everyday with guests and employees. Work ethic is one of the most important things to succeed in any area and or job. As a manager you must earn your co-workers respect and show leadership as well as setting and example of properly managing all kinds of situations.

About Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus/Polaris is owned and operated by Buffalo Lodging Associates, LLC, a hotel development & – Read more

Hampton Inn Salaries