Hampton Inn
1,111 reviews

Hampton Inn Employer Reviews

fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Warren, MIFebruary 15, 2015
maintain all assigned areas in a clean and sanitary condition
wash, dust, polish, vacuum and sweep all areas of the establishment
clean sinks, tubs, showers and toilets according to prescribed sanitary standards
polish fittings and fixtures
clean mirrors and windows
sort and wash laundry using machines or by hand as required
iron, fold and distribute clean laundry
Nice part time job
Kitchen Crew/Host (Former Employee), peru, ILFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: managment was o.k.
Cons: no benefits to what at times could be a very busy summer with no help
I enjoyed my work.I was in early and home to make dinner for the family and take care of the livestock.It can be very hard to work with the public at times and co workers.
PRODUCTIVE & HARDWORKER
Housekeeping / Front desk (Former Employee), Tinley Park, ILFebruary 12, 2015
I AM A VERY HARD WORKER THAT OUT SPOKEN AND THAT HANDLE TASK AT HAND I HAVE GREAT LEADER SKILLS IN COMMUNICATION SKILLS.. JOB NOT REALLY FAIR TO EMPLOYEES !!
Upbeat Environment and Close Knit Family of Employees
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), State College, PAFebruary 11, 2015
It is difficult not to enjoy my job at the Hampton Inn. Every day I walk in here I am genuinely happy to see my coworkers and all of my guests. My job is to make everyone feel welcome and comfortable. Sometimes it is difficult being here alone when you work the 3-11 shift and have to make instant decisions on your own or solve an issue that you may have never encountered before. The managers are very open to suggestions and expect us to communicate all daily activities so that they can help make our experience better her each and every day. Since there are not a lot of employees here, we do see each other almost on a daily basis which I do not say in a negative way - we are a family and I sincerely have loved working for the Hampton Inn in State College!
productive and fun
Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee), Ellenton, FLFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: free breakfast
Cons: lowpaid
its a good place to work. the pay is the reason i want to leave. you work long hours. The manager is no flexible is always want you to work extra hours.
my experiences Housekeeping
Housekeeping (Former Employee), coloradoFebruary 10, 2015
I have experiences in Housekeeping and i know about the system Housekeeping and i am trying to improve my self in it and i would to learning more about it and work hard ..
small but charming
Guest Service Agent/Night Auditor (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: the location
Cons: management
Working at the hampton inn is a good experience. i ave learned a lot this past year working from them. Since i work at a small property, as a guest service agent i have a lot of position to take care of. I have to be a door man, concierge, houseman, and guest service agent at the same time. In a positive way you learn a lot from it and how to handle multiple situations at the same time, however i feel like it should be written in the job description when applying for the job. However, i love my crew of co-worker. They make work better than what it is.
lots of perks, free room reservations at other hotels, learned a lot about people and how to use a computer
Night auditor/Guest service rep (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: free rooms at other hotels, free food, free exercise room, learned a lot about the hotel industry and computers
Cons: worked the late shift and was by myself most of the time
worked well the public and greeting new people, learned how to make executive decisions and how to profit in the hotel industry
Night auditor time
Front Desk Night Auditor (Former Employee), Covington, GAFebruary 9, 2015
It is a laid back kind of place, most of the time guests are as nice as you are. There were poor magnment and shady people that worked there but it was just a inbween job for me so yeah.
Long Hours
Breakfast Chef and Laundry (Former Employee), Boone, NCFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: long hours, short staff
I actually enjoyed foldng laundry and connecting with customers in breafast bar. This was the hardest job that I have ever had but one of my favorites. I had to be there at 5:30 every morning to serve breakfast, while attempting to fold laundry in the laundry room up the hall. I would finish breakfast and cleaning the dining area around 10:00 am. I would go start loading buggies for the house cleaners came in at 11:00 am. Sometimes I would be there until 9:00 pm catching up the laundry for nintey nine rooms. I was also the only laundry cleaner.
anonymous.
housekeeping (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INFebruary 4, 2015
i think it is a wonderful hotel. it is a very clean place to work at. all the people there are really nice. the duvets are hard but i can manage them.
Quite popular place
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee), Brandon, FLFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: a job
Cons: horrible managment
Pretty much you were used as needed. nothing at all great about the job or management. All it was was a means of making a little bit of money but nothing more than that.
Good team to work with
Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee), Rochester, MNFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: good team members
Cons: management
I would assign each housekeeper enough work for the day. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to be my own boss and make executive decisions.
Great people to work with
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee), Rochester, MNFebruary 3, 2015
My coworkers and regular guests were made this job great. It didn't feel like I was at work. I actually enjoyed going to work and spending time with all of my coworkers. The most enjoyable parts of my day were when the regular guests came back with good news, as most of the guests were hospital patients.
not bad but not much room for advancement
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Asheboro, NCFebruary 2, 2015
spend the day checking customers in, making and cancelling reservations, answering phones, etc. Get to know frequent customers and chat to pass the time
Great first job
Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor (Current Employee), Gainesville, TXFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: discounted hotel rooms, meting interesting people from around the world
Cons: no health insurance, low pay
I run nightly reports, check guests in/out, assist in guest needs to make their stay as comfortable as possible, take payments, prepare bills, brew coffee, and keep the front desk and breakfast area clean and organized.
Greatest Work Experience
Front Office Manager/ Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Viera, FLFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: opportunity, fellow management and team members
Cons: wages, ownership
The Hampton Inn provided me with a plethora of information, and I was able to manage a multi-million dollar company at such a young age. They gave me the tools needed to be successful, and to make my team thrive. I can honestly say that the Hampton Inn helped mold me into the young, head-strong and independent hotel manager that I am today. I was given so much information and opportunity at such a young age.

However, I felt as though the compensation was low for how much work and responsibility I was given. There were times where I would work 60-70 hours a week, for a month straight, and I never saw any bonuses or extra perks. However, I believe that molded my work ethic and made me want to preform better in more recent jobs, giving me an edge against other potential employees.

Working for the Hampton Inn was one of the greatest opportunities I have ever had, unfortunately I could not stay with the company under extreme and odd circumstances, but I would go back in a heartbeat if I could!
Very organized and well manored staff.
Head of housekeeping/assistant manager (Former Employee), Middlebury, INJanuary 31, 2015
A typical day at work would be going in and figuring out who did and did not show up. If staff members didn't come into work I had to call around to find another to take their place for that day. If unable to find anyone, I would fill in for that position. I would then make schedules, and hire more staff if needed as well as schedule interviews. I would check the cleaned rooms to be sure our staff members did their job correctly. I learned how to handle incompetent staff members, and how to manage time wisely. The hardest part of the job would be keeping things fair for the staff and costumers. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the friendly people you get to talk to throughout the day, and making the costumers happy!
hotel work
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 31, 2015
no 2 days were ever the same. great staff, owners, and guests. miss my hotel days. wish i had stayed long enough to get certified as a general manager.
Loved my job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Summersville, WVJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: no backup of general manager on certain issues
Loved meeting new people daily, very hard to satisfy everyone all the time, General Management was very undecisive at times, Co-workers was only there for paychecks. Hardest Part was trying to do the right thing as assistant manager with one hand tied behind your back.

About Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus/Polaris is owned and operated by Buffalo Lodging Associates, LLC, a hotel development & – Read more

Hampton Inn Salaries