Hampton Inn

1.3K reviews

Hampton Inn Employee Reviews

Hampton Inn is a great place to work in.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Rosenberg, TXJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Pot -luck lunch once a month
Cons: The workplace was 30 miles away from my home. No public transportation
I really loved working at The Hampton Inn. The staff was excellent. Everyone was extremely welcoming. There were great incintives to get you work harder. I would definately work for that company again.
Fun place to work
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Biloxi,MsJuly 23, 2015
Pros: peaceful atmosphere
Cons: no benefits and pay
I enjoy my co workers, managers, and the atmosphere we create. the hotel discounts are always a bonus. Very Peaceful. the managers are very encouraging and versatile.
Meeting People
Front Desk Associate & Night Auditor (Current Employee), Green River, WYJuly 22, 2015
Pros: meeting people
Cons: only one person working 8 hour shift
I love meeting people from different areas and cultures. It can be stressful because there is usually only one person working. You check in all guests, tell them about facility/amentities we have to offer and then answer any questions they may have. The fun comes in meeting people from different places, different walks of life and explaining the fun things to do in our area.
Wonderful Experience
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Idaho Falls, IDJuly 21, 2015
I never had a bad day working for Hilton Corporation. here is always advancement opportunities. They take amazing care of all their employees
Newhotel
Security Supervisor (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJuly 21, 2015
Pros: not any
Cons: Unprofessional atmosphere at this hotel
The experience was a good one. The hotel was brand new and the hotel managers did not know what she was doing. All individual managers had to cover for main manager multiple times. I learned more about the ins and outs of a hotel from the online help page.
nice place to work at
MAINTENANCE ENGINEER (Current Employee), houston bush airportJuly 18, 2015
very good team and very nice management, so glad to work at Hampton inn I feel they are my second family and I enjoy going to work every day its like a dream comes true
Consistent
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee), Palestine, TXJuly 17, 2015
Pros: clean envirnonment
Cons: compensation low
Overall, it was a good place for employment. Compensation for the breakfast staff was not satisfactory, due to the job load. It is a very important department of the facility.
decent work place
Hospitality and Customer Service (Current Employee), evansville indianaJuly 16, 2015
Pros: flexable scheduel
Cons: picking up other employees slack
I come in and follow my check list of things to do each day anywhere from taking out trash to helping with every department when they need help. Its not a bad business the chance of advancement is there. It's just not the type of work i am wanting to do with my future
Dependable and Reliable in everyday Job Responsibilities and Always come to work
NIGHT AUDITOR/ FRONT DESK CLERK (Former Employee), NAPERVILLE, ILLINOISJuly 16, 2015
as a Night Auditor and Front Desk Clerk is a Challenging and Knowledgeable Job.Dealing with Guests and Different Personalities i learned a lot to myself how to be Responsible and to Resolve the Problem.The Management is Good Enough for all Benefits and Programs and Policies for Employee.I love my work environment from my Manager Supervisor and co-worker just like a Family.Any Type of Job or Work Always Have Risk or Hard to do it, To be a Guests or Customer Service Agent is a Tough Job especially when Guests Have Complaints and not Satisfied for what they expect.In my Experience and all the Training and Programs as a Guest Service Agent How to Handle and to Response with all the issues and Complaints.Now the most Good part of this Job is When u Helping or to make Satisfied what the Guests needs.
breakfast host is a early job
Breakfast Host (Former Employee), Richmond, INJuly 15, 2015
Pros: free breakfast
Cons: early shift
Go in, fix breakfast for the guests staying at the hotel, keep area clean. Most of the people were friendly and were enjoyable to talk to, management needed work.
fast pace job,require honesty,contsistant work,
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Petersburg, VAJuly 14, 2015
Pros: free coffee, supervisor bisplayed good work ethics, given opportunity to woek at my own pace
Cons: Very disappointing felt not appreciate. Would get sent home if enough illegal immato workgrant came
The job as house keeping was cleanly on time job and learned to overcheck your work before demming it excellent . I learned people comfort and cleanliness is important to all peopleand to see a smile when yourservice to the public is satifactory. Teamwork is very important in this field because if not everthing will be a mess and unorganized
Relaxed environment
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Bozeman, MTJuly 14, 2015
Pros: free breakfast, easy going company
Cons: doesn't pay enough, hard on body
Typical day at the Hampton Inn is cleaning hotel rooms and to make sure they maintain a level of cleanliness for guests checking in. Lots of moving not much time to stop. The hardest part is self explanatory, intensive cleaning. The management is great they seem to care about employees and help when they can. My co-workers are great easy to get along with. The most enjoyable part is the people they are great.
excellent place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Fairbanks, AKJuly 13, 2015
Pros: free wi-fi
Cons: short breaks
I really liked working at the Hampton We got to meet a lot of people and that made the day enjoyable.I worked with a lot of good people.
it was a good work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee), ALJuly 13, 2015
Pros: reasonable breaks
Cons: better house keeping carts
when you walked into hampton inn you clocked in and got your list of rooms and got started. What you did was you walk into the room and get all the trash rounded up and throw it away and then make the beds and clean all the tables and dressers and then vaccum the floors clean the bath room and your done. i loved it
Nice co workers and alot of work
House Person (Former Employee), Lake George, NYJuly 13, 2015
Pros: Health benefits, retirement plan
Cons: Stationary, minimal hours
A normal day at work consists of me usually cleaning. For example i cleaned floors, walls, windows, and bathrooms. Also when a customer needed something in their room i would bring it to them. During my free time i am usually washing and folding a lot of laundry. I learned that the hotel industry is actually a little harder than people expect. I feel like i had a great relationship with all of my managers and co workers. At the workplace i didn't have any issues with anyone. The hardest part of the job was to get all the laundry washed and folded because of the amount of laundry you had to do. The most enjoyable part of the job was bringing customers whatever they needed because it was kind of a little break and at the same time you could potentially get a tip and make a little extra money.
Productive Fast Pace Work Environment
Front Desk Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Conyers, GAJuly 13, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no breaks
The most enjoyable part about working for Hampton Inn By Hilton, was the people that I encountered, as well as being able to provide quality customer service to our clients, my management team was amazing.
Small Hotel
Front Desk Lead (Former Employee), Brentwood, TNJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Good Start
Cons: No place to stay
Good place to start not to stay. The management when I worked there was not good. In the year I was there there were 2 Gm's and 3 Sales Mangers in and out. We also had a lot of turn over at the front desk. The House Keeping Manager also left and the Front Desk Manger. This all happened in a year.
It was a job.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Lewisburg, PAJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Free breakfasts
Cons: No part-time benefits
I usually worked 3pm-11pm shifts, so my job was to check guests in, and take care of any requests they had. I answered phones and made reservations for guests. I would regularly clean the lobby and refresh our complimentary coffee and cookies.
Great place to learn
Front desk Agent (Former Employee), Garden City, NYJuly 10, 2015
Small hotel that teach how to multitask
I did a little bit of different department, specially sells.
I learned how to sell blocks and how to reserve banquets
I did billing and accounting as well
enjoyable
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 10, 2015
I really enjoyed working there. hope get a chances to work for the company aging soon. the boss was great with keeping me with what needed to get the job none.