Hampton Inn

1.3K reviews

Hampton Inn Employee Reviews

It was a job.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Lewisburg, PAJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Free breakfasts
Cons: No part-time benefits
I usually worked 3pm-11pm shifts, so my job was to check guests in, and take care of any requests they had. I answered phones and made reservations for guests. I would regularly clean the lobby and refresh our complimentary coffee and cookies.
Great place to learn
Front desk Agent (Former Employee), Garden City, NYJuly 10, 2015
Small hotel that teach how to multitask
I did a little bit of different department, specially sells.
I learned how to sell blocks and how to reserve banquets
I did billing and accounting as well
enjoyable
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 10, 2015
I really enjoyed working there. hope get a chances to work for the company aging soon. the boss was great with keeping me with what needed to get the job none.
breakfast attendant
Breakfast Attendant/ Housekeeper (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 9, 2015
trained 15 incoming employees in proper operation of commercial kitchen wquipment
oversaw breakfast service for hotel guests,ensuring the highest satandards of food safety satandards and visually attractive presentation
Would be a great job if the pay matched the job duties
Night Auditor/ Guest Services Agent (Current Employee), Bethlehem, PAJuly 9, 2015
There is only one person one at a time for each department, even on busy days, that means no breaks. Meeting me people from all over is the best park.
Productive and fun place to work
Night Auditor/Front Desk (Current Employee), Greenville, SCJuly 9, 2015
Management is very good at giving raises, and great benefits. The best part about the job is getting to meet so many people.
Working in the Night
Night Auditor (Current Employee), Brooklyn, OHJuly 7, 2015
I have a great day at work being I am the only one here till 5 am. Management could do more in supporting their employees. the most enjoyable part of the job is I am the management at night.
productive
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Kayenta, AZJuly 6, 2015
Productive job, learn more from the trainer who trained me. Benefits were also good and I had fun. Learn more about the job I was in. Second I had as a housekkeper
Fun workplace
Housekeeping & Laundry (Former Employee), Ocala, FLJuly 6, 2015
Pros: great discounts, parties, bonuses
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work involved a very busy demanding multitasking ability. I learned a lot about how great management is. The co-workers are amazing! We all worked together as a team. We all helped if needed even the management would step in to help! Hardest part of the job was keeping everything done in a timely manner. Sometimes it would take a few minutes to go up four floors to bring linens and or towels. But the customer or housekeeper wanted them now! There are a lot of enjoyable aspects of the job when it comes to the extras, being acknowledged for our hard work
Great job good co-workers
Hotel Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Colton, CAJuly 5, 2015
Great place love working for Hampton I meet great people everyday and enjoy coming to work. All of my co-workers work as a unit to make shifts flow better so we have a good work environment
Good place to work, with a good staff.
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee), Columbus/PolarisJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Mix of family and work
Cons: Distance to job.
In my position I have learned a lot of back office things that I had forgotten in being out of the industry so long. But I caught back on very quickly. Co-workers are all good. We do have a few maturity issues though. The hardest part of the job is also the most important part of the job. Making the guest happy.
Great employees
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Ellensburg, WAJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Clean and friendly
Cons: Bad scheduling, short times in rooms.
Working at Hampton Inn is a refreshing experience. My supervisor and manager are both very wonderful people. The scheduling was not good. I had a different day off every week and I could not plan my life around that. Room times were 25 minutes in a Queen, 30 minutes in a King and 15 minutes in a stay over. The other employess did their jobs very well making the rooms fairly easy to clean. Everyone was very helpful when it came to you being done last. Sometimes the ladies would come and make beds for me if I was behind schedule.
Very Stressful
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Normal, ILJuly 4, 2015
Cons: no breaks on night shifts, no breaks on weekends
Hours were simply crazy. Management is really hard to work with. I love the job, just need a more flexible atmosphere. No REAL advancement in the company, they look outside and you will end up training your manager.

A typical Day:
Pull Reg Cards for the checks outs that day
Complete Coffee as needed
Clean Breakfast area
Set tables PERFECT
Assign Rooms for the checkin's for the day
Print Reg Cards
Check Guests in
Keep track of the money draw for sweet shop sales
not a good place to work
laundry attendent (Former Employee), new albany indJuly 3, 2015
Pros: worked by myself
Cons: no room for advancement
to stressful management treats people bad over worked under paid didnt care if you had enough people to get all the work done
Owner is a wonderful man to work for
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Asheville, NCJuly 2, 2015
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: to much drama
The hampton inn is a really good place to work.Their guest are very friendly and appreciate everything you do for them.The hardest part is getting rooms done in six hours.
High level of customer interaction
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Brockport, NYJuly 2, 2015
Great place to increase customer satisfaction and conflict resolution skills. The job required a large amount of multitasking. The job could be stressful when other duties were required that involved leaving the front desk.
Family owned and operated, fast paced, busy Eugene hotel
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Eugene, ORJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Occasional free lunches, 401k, listening to music while working
Cons: Short breaks, unprofessional work environment and staff, Extreme inconsistency in scheduling
Typical day at work started with clocking in, getting clipboard of room assignments, stocking cart with necessary linens, toiletries, rags, and cleaners, Clean about 2-3 rooms, get a 10 min break, clean 2-3 more rooms, get have a 30 min lunch break, then finish the rest of the rooms on your sheets, fit in a 10 min break if you've worked long enough (7+ hrs), complete assigned common room's chores, re-stock cart & linen rooms, clock out.

I learned that family owned and operated businesses have the potential to be highly unprofessional, and what to inspect when staying as a guest in a hotel.

Management was friendly but stern at first, then quickly turned into verbally and emotionally abusive as well as unprofessional with family employees in front of other employees and guests.

Co-workers ranged from nice to not-so-nice. Non-relative customers were friendly, cooperative and respectful. Family employees were often rude, unprofessional, and dramatic.

The hardest parts of the job would have to have been the 30 minute time limit on cleaning a room even if it was extremely dirty, the extreme inconsistency of schedule and taking criticism in the form of threats to job security, yelling and insults.

The most enjoyable parts of the job was the solace in cleaning and being able to listen to the radio, and the occasional breakfast bar leftovers being available to us in the employee fridge.
Prductive place to work, pleasant people to work with
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Grand Junction, COJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Employees get a discount on hotel rooms at any Hilton Brand property nation wide.
Cons: There really are none.
I have thoroughly enjoyed working for this company and with the team at Hampton Inn. The schedule has been of a great benefit to me because it works very well with my school schedule as well as with my home life. The environment and culture of the business is of a high standard and very inviting. Ideas and new concepts are welcomed and appreciated by supervisors. The work is fast paced and challenging in a way that helps me excel and hone my skills base. Being on the front live of the hotel, delivering excellent customer service to all of our guests has been a pleasure as well. I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a great place to work to come and join their team!
fun work place
housekeeping (Former Employee), Watertown, NYJuly 1, 2015
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: none
fun work place with supportive management well organized and strong communication skills great employees neat clean and very professional work environment
Great team but small company
manager (Current Employee), pensacola, flJune 30, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: pay is lower than other hotels
this was a great hotel with amazing ppl working there but the company is small so there is hardly no growth to move up and the pay is not as good as other management companies in the area.