Hampton Inn
1,152 reviews

Hampton Inn United States Employee Reviews

Fast-paced fun place to work
NIGHT AUDITOR (Former Employee), Yemassee, SCMarch 6, 2015
I was able to be myself and have fun with my customers while maintaining a safe and clean atmosphere. This was a fast-paced environment where your turnover is how you make your money.
lover working here team player
Front Desk Guest Agent (Former Employee), Manchester, CTMarch 6, 2015
Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest's stay. Determinants a guest's reservation status and identifies how long the guest will stay. Helps guests complete registration cards and then assigns rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible.Verifies the guest's method of payment and follows established credit-checking procedures.
Hamptonality
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee), North Sioux City, SDMarch 5, 2015
I love that you have first hand experience with guests, that you are there for them. With an outgoing personality like mine, it's quite easy to strike a bond with a guest and it helps them to feel like their "home" at the hotel.
Great People and fun place to work at
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee), Executive Head HousekeeperMarch 3, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Making sure the housekeepers get the rooms done in a timely order and are clean and ready for the guest.I made the boards for the Housekeepers, Clean public areas, Check the rooms to make sure Housekeepers cleaned them properly. Did inventory for linen and toiletries supplies. Put rooms in the system when ready
Productive and nice place to work.
Administrative Assistant, Sales Manager (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great environment
Very up beat place to work. Busy environment. Work with the public to ensure their stay is a safe and comfortable one. I was responsible for the meeting rooms and the sweet shop. I also maintained all the books for inspections by the Hilton Brand Hotels.
job was ok
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Iowa City, IAMarch 2, 2015
I feel that if he supervisor was more on a supervisor levels things would be different instead of talking about an employee about something she or he has done I do not feel like its the supervisor right to go and discuss it with other employees
Fun and productive work enviroment
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 2, 2015
I learned new skills while doing my job and was encouraged to branch out and try new things.
Housekeeping can be hard work but the staff found a way to make it fun and exciting.
Very productive and fabulous place to work! I learned a lot!
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee), Eugene, ORMarch 1, 2015
Pros: learning about management
Cons: healthcare
I learned how to be a manager and all that goes with being a great manager! My team worked extremely well together which made our workplace fun and enjoyable!
Good environment to work in.
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 28, 2015
I enjoyed everything about this job. All the employees and managers was great to work with and for. This is a great work environment and I recommend anyone to stay there. I also enjoyed serving and taking care the customers with honors.
very good experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Garden City, NYFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: sometimes with make parties
Cons: poor tips
Always on time at my job. Thats why i always arrived at 7:20am. I checked which rooms i have to clean . I prepared my stuff and i start to clean. The most enjoyable part of the job it was making beds.
Nice, well organized, and clean environment.
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: meeting different people
Cons: no designated lunch & scheduling.
A typical day at the Hampton comes with its ups & downs, but overall it's a enjoyable experience interacting with a variety of guests. Co-workers are always going to be difficult to deal with at some times but like I do you should tolerate it. By doing so it avoids conflict so just keep it cordial with a smile. It gets extremely busy at times so being able to multi-task is a must! Communication also is a big part of making things flow easily within the hotel. If you wanted to know the hardest part, there really isnt one lol because I handle everything that comes my way. Im very dedicated & wont let anything stop me from giving 100%. What I enjoy most is the different guests I come across & speaking with the ones of different cultures. I really enjoy talking with my guest because i've learn alot of many different things. Talking to different people is a good thing too me because you never know what the next person might know that can be helpful.
housekeeping
Housekeeping / Inspector (Former Employee), Portsmouth, NHFebruary 25, 2015
Its housekeeping, its a keep to yourself job. While at the same time its a working as a team to make the hotel rooms up to quality standard.
Hotel industry is a great industry!
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Akron, OHFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: good benefits !!
Cons: to many shifts variations!!
As a Hilton property. You had to maintain a high caliber of cleanliness all over the premises. And most of the clients were business people. Was a great feeling.
Horrible Mangement
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCFebruary 23, 2015
Cons: lack of management, lack of supplies, lack of pay.
This hotel is owned by the cheapest person alive. Refuses to buy appropriate cleaning supplies and spare linen for rooms. Expects employees to work for low pay yet wants them to work more hours than the average housekeeper. I know other similar establishments have much better conditions so do not apply this to other hotels.
Learned a lot about CM services and accounting
Night Auditor- Handling (Former Employee), Gainesville, VAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: 5 mins commute and free breakfast
Handling computer accounting reports .Running daily credit card transactions through a settlement process, make daily management reports, this help to maintain a regular track of the business. Recording daily room occupancy and rate totals, revenue totals for cash, checks, and credit card transactions,

Generating automated accounting reports, Settling Corporate Accounts and sending reports to those entities for billing purposes, Running the computer back-up systems. Other than the accounting function, running the front desk (check in/check out guests & Cashiering.
Fun & diversified workplace
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Tarpon Springs, FLFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: free breakfasts
Cons: no health or dental care
Accommodate hotel patrons by registering and assigning rooms to guests, issuing room cards, transmitting and receiving messages, keeping records of occupied rooms and guests' accounts making and confirming reservations, and presenting statements to and collecting payments from departing guests.
Same as previous review
Guest Service Agent/ Night Audit Manager/ Houseman (Current Employee), Flagstaff, AZFebruary 19, 2015
Hampton was a fine place to work however was not offered any benefits and a change in management made it very difficult to continue.
Nice to be alone if your a Fast and Good "picker-upper"
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Petoskey, MIFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: work by yourself
Cons: pay working for gas money
Not much to say other than the pay wasn't good and neither was the schedual. on call more that working. as soon as you finnis your job you leave no steady pay or hours. not a pleasant time for me but I wouldn't count them out go give it a try it might be a better job for you .
Productive but fun job meeting different people
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Coldwater. MIFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: short breaks if any at all
Everyday is a new adventure, there's always a new faces to talk to and check in daily. My schedule for Hampton can change so rapidly. I can walk in being on front desk, and by the end of my shift I can be in laundry. I love how flexible and how much training I have in my job.

I have learned that you can't please everyone you check in, but you sure can try and make it as easy for them as possible.

The hardest part of the day is trying to please everyone. There could be a guest at the desk with a problem with their room, while the phone rings off the hook, and I haven't yet assigned the housekeepers. It's all about how you present yourself to the desk, and how you make them feel like their needs are your job to take care of.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
job
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Augusta, GAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: everything ..people..co-workers..mangers
Cons: double-standards for employees
i have enjoyed the job... the people.. managers..BUT..i could'nt stand or or put up with.. DOUBLE STANDARDS no more.im done

About Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus/Polaris is owned and operated by Buffalo Lodging Associates, LLC, a hotel development & – Read more

Hampton Inn Salaries