Hampton Inn
1,246 reviews

Hampton Inn Employee Reviews

Great Place To Work For
Night Auditor (Current Employee), chino hills,californiaMay 27, 2015
Pros: benefits, great environment
Cons: no raises
I have worked for Hampton Inn & Suites for 2 years and I have enjoyed every minute of it. Great staff and management. I am a Night Auditor and also have worked the breakfast and day shift. I enjoy working all times of the day and enjoy meeting new guest as well as seeing returning guest.
Great management team and overall good work environment
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), East Elmhurst, NYMay 24, 2015
Pros: holiday pays, management, breaks, great environment
Cons: expensive healthcare
Working at the Hampton Inn has helped me grow as a professional and understand how to communicate the right way. I have learned how to take initiative. The workers there are great and never had experience such a great environment. I enjoy most when I had guest that I had connected with, especially the ones that were staying at the hotel occasionally for work or business. I have also learned that the more you connect and understand your customers or clients, things will be smoother and easier because they understand that your are there to help. The hardest part working at Hampton Inn is trying to take care of everyone at once, which I was able to do but not an easy task.
Upper class business establishment!
Breakfast Hostess (Current Employee), Tinley Park, ILMay 24, 2015
Pros: free lunches and paid holidays!
Cons: No sitting breaks, bi-weekly checks
This company offers immediate 401k plan benefits to employees through Mass Mutual, and the plan is very flexible. The plan can also carry with you to a new job which is beneficial. The company is a high end brand that I am proud to represent, and honored to serve.
good place
Relief Supervisor (Former Employee), Tulare caMay 22, 2015
Pros: free breakfast
preparing the housekeeping papers for the girls making sure they have all there supplies and a.ll what they need. check out the guest that have left and inspecting the rooms when house keeping is done so the guest have a great clean stay. keeping everyone on track and making sure they do their job right.help out if need be with any rooms and taking inventory if need be
Fun place to work
Front Desk CSR (Former Employee), Glenwood Springs, COMay 21, 2015
Pros: benefits
Loved working with the customers. The employees were great and management was awesome. It was a fun place to work. Typical work day consisted of answering multiple phone lines for reservations and then booking the reservation, checking customers into their rooms, making sure all accommodations are suitable for the customer, checking clients out of their rooms, etc.
Fun People to work with
Assistant Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 19, 2015
My time at Hampton Inn was a terrifc experience, getting to meet new people. I learned the daily task's that need to be completed in order to run a succesful hotel.
Great Mississippi Event Planning Company
Night Auditor/ Guest Services Agent (Former Employee), Starkville, MSMay 18, 2015
I loved working for Dot's Creations! The owner is so sweet and kind hearted. She is very organized and friendly. She has amazing decorative talents.
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Mitchell, SDMay 18, 2015
I worked for the Hampton Inn for over 9 years it was a great place to work. I got to meet lots of new people over the years, which gave me great customer service skills.
Good place, though not an employee
Southern Valet (Current Employee), Greenville, SCMay 17, 2015
Pros: Don't know much
Cons: Don't know much
I don't have much to say about this review because i'm with a valet company that is separate from the hotel; in fact the Hampton Inn I work at hired the company under contract. From what i've heard from other employees it is a good place to work for, even during hectic busy periods.
Awesome
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Manning, SCMay 16, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Nothing
Everyday was a great day to be there coworkers are amazing. Management is outstanding. Everything has to be done in a reasonable amount of time.
Great housekeeping team
Housekeeping Inspector (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMay 16, 2015
The housekeepers there are great team players, They see things that need to be done and do them. They are very hard workers.
Very good and positive work place
Lobby Attendant (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach SCMay 16, 2015
My working day, starts very fast. Every day we have many interesting guests, and we a responsible to make a good quality job for them, so if they will be happy, we will be more glad to see them again in the next time. Stressful situation or conflict situations, sometimes it's hard to resolve. But for me it's easy, because i'm not a conflict person, better to be a friendly person for all the guests, i think so. My co-workers, they are very good guys, with open mind and positive looks at the life, at the best thing, they are professionals in they job. The hardest part of the job, it's a beginning of the day. We have many things, what we should do. We have to clean glasses, cups, tables, everything should be prepare for our guests. We should make sure, everything is perfect. The most enjoyable part of the day, in my opinion it's all day. We didn't have the special enjoyable time of the day, all the time on the work, it's fun and we are enjoying every minute.
productive and enjoyable
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAMay 16, 2015
Very busy environment but great meeting new people. Managers will work well with scheduling your work days around school. Overall great experience.
Very High energetic environment
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee), Marietta GeorgiaMay 15, 2015
Pros: Happy Work enviroment
Cons: breaks
I loved working with the public. I started off as a front desk clerk, worked my way up to Front Desk Manager for 7 years. Loved working with my employees, and ,management team.
Great company
Shift Leader (Current Employee), London, KYMay 15, 2015
Pros: Employee room rates anywhere are $29 dollars a night
Cons: no insurance and min wage
This is very good company to work for. Everyday is a new experience meeting new people and making sure all the guests are happy. The hardest part of the job is they don't offer medical insurance and they barely pay over min wage.
When i needed a job, i was given a chance, for that i am greatful.
Breakfast Hosttess (Current Employee), Florence, ALMay 14, 2015
Very busy which makes the time go faster some people are very moody that early in the morning. It is what it is. I have meet friends for LIFE! When there is conflict and misunderstanding. When there is mutual respect and team work for the GOOD of ALL!!
no two days were ever the same great place to learn new things
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee), Bellingham, WAMay 14, 2015
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: no benefits
set up housekeepers lists, inspect cleaned check-out rooms, confirm clock in and clock out times on a daily sign in sheet, the hardest part of my job was when I had to fire somebody.
I had a fantastic staff to work with. The most enjoyable part of my job was to see the same people everyday and to interact with the guests.
Family Oriented Job
Breakfast Hostess (Former Employee), Medford, ORMay 14, 2015
The job started every morning at 5:30 am. I prepared breakfast for all the quests staying at the hotel.

Management was not very good. The general manager had his own agenda and did everything in his power, no matter who got in his way, to achieve it. Sometimes this meant that his employees suffered.

My coworkers were cordial.
Great work enviroment
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee), Orange, TXMay 14, 2015
Pros: Relaxing enviroment
Cons: Low salary
A typical work day would be standing at the front desk greeting customers, taking reservations, answering phones, and taking payments. My coworkers are friendly and I enjoy all of them. The job is not hard at all, but I have learned the need for communication within the work center is very important.
New hotel with suprising diverse coworkers
Guest Service Representative & Houseman (Former Employee), Augusta, GAMay 13, 2015
Brand new hotel with a multitude of personalities and work ethics. Management were team players and good trainers and hotel became one of top in the county quickly.

About Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus/Polaris is owned and operated by Buffalo Lodging Associates, LLC, a hotel development & – Read more

Hampton Inn Salaries