Hampton Inn
1,179 reviews

Hampton Inn Employee Reviews

These are beautiful, quality properties...hidden gems!
Hotel Manager, Director of Sales (Former Employee), Springfield, VAApril 9, 2015
Pros: The hotel and the staff
Cons: 11pm-7am shift!
Hampton Inn is a fantastic place to work with very high standards for quality and guest service. It was a joy to work with such caring individuals!
Fun sociable work environment
Breakfast Hostess (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIApril 6, 2015
Pros: Nice tips
Keep all of the breakfast stations stayed fully stocked with food, utensils, coffee, etc. while being warm, friendly, and helpful to all of the guests.
Great Workplace
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 2, 2015
Cleaning Rooms
Great Management Team
The Proper Way To Clean Rooms
Helpful And Hardworking Coworkers
Helping Guest And Meeting People from Different Places
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 2, 2015
I loved my co-works. They were like family. They made everyday enjoyable. High volume hotel , but the guest was very pleasant. Hampton Inn is a great place to work. The pay wasn't bad either
a very productive place to work and meet new people.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Rosenberg, TXApril 1, 2015
Pros: Benefits package. Pot-luck once a month. Drawing once a month. the staff members are excellent.
Cons: 30 miles in another city.
I loved working at Hampton Inn. I meet some guest and staff members that have become my friends. I enjoyed myself everyday I went to work and would work overtime if and when asked. The staff members make you feel at home. You are recognized for a job well done.
fast paced and stressful
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Aberdeen, SDMarch 31, 2015
my job was fast paced you had to have all your rooms done by 2 and sometime it you would have 60 to 80 room by your self so you had to move fast if you were behind you were not alound to take breaks
Friendly Environment
Housekeeping/ Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Raises
Cons: Management was never at work, and they were rude
Friendly environment to work in. Management was HORRIBLE. Managers wouldn't show up for their shift until hours after which caused a strain on other employees such as myself. Not a very stable job because they didn't have much work
ALWAYS BUSY, LOT OF WORK
Laundry Aide- Processed (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLMarch 30, 2015
Pros: EVERY YR INTERNATIONAL HOUSE KEEPING WEEK
Cons: BOSS NOT GOOD PERSON TO WORK WITH, SHE WAS A SLAVE DRIVER...HONESTLY SHE WAS
IT WAS BUSY AND THERE WAS ALWAYS SOMETHING TO DO, LOTS OF LAUNDRY, AND ROOMS TO CLEAN...MY CO WORKERS WERE EASY TO GET ALONG WITH, AND VERY HELPFUL IF I GOT BEHIND, WHICH WAS ALMOST QUITE ALL THE TIME DEPENDING ON HOW MANY ROOMS HAD TO BE CLEANED ON A DAILY BASIS..
Overall a great environment with supportive and knowledgeable staff
Auditor/Night Manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Opportunities to interact with guests
Cons: Very limited scope of responsibility relative to my education and skill sets.
The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with guests upon their arrival or departure. The most frustrating aspect is that I have ideas for testing marketing initiatives to increase customer loyalty, but I do not have the authority to implement them. Given the fiercely competitive environment, I believe greater focus on customer retention as well as positive customer 'buzz; would provide a real competitive advantage for our hotel. The limited scope of my current responsibilities does not allow me to further develop my direct marketing experience or my quantitative/analytic skills. Therefore, I am seeking a position that provides me with the opportunity to develop professionally and to contribute to building long-term corporate revenue and improving profitability.
Very Laid Back
Executive Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee), NatchezMarch 27, 2015
My typical day of working atthe Hampton Inn was cleaning the lobby and all the public areas including restrooms laundry area and the fitness room. After i do all that I woud print out my employees room attenendace of the occupied and vacant rooms.
Was here for 3 months
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Exeter, NHMarch 23, 2015
Pros: a few of the coworkers were great
Cons: trashed rooms without a tip, management sort of a joke
You're given a list of vacant rooms that need cleaning. You make the beds, clean the bathroom, restock toiletries, vacuum, just make the room look like no one was previous staying in it. You get up to thirty minutes to make it all happen. That couldn't happen for me because I did not receive the proper training. Training is supposed to be three days in a row for eight hours whilst I was basically thrown in. I learned how disgusting people can be and ALWAYS leave a tip for the housekeepers. $8.75 an hour isn't much. Management wasn't around much, but when was around was very critical and not very helpful. Some of the co-workers were great to be around and always around to help. Others were moody and clearly annoyed. Feeling timed to leave a hotel room spotless isn't my cup of tea.
Fun place to work
Guest Service Representative/Manager on Duty (Former Employee), Clarksville, ARMarch 23, 2015
Reserved rooms for callers and walk-ins. Learned about computerized scheduling and preparing deposits from cash till. The owners/managers are great people to work for.
Productive and fun
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Monticello, ARMarch 23, 2015
During a regular day at work, I would copy and file papers and greet people as they walk into the hotel. Everybody was super friendly and I enjoyed how I could meet different people every day. The hardest part of my job was keeping my energy up because at times, things would get stressful when there was a lot of paperwork to do. My boss was wonderful and helped when she could and I learned how to pay different bills for different companies and manage my time much better.
Fun place to work, great co-workers.
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Shakopee, MNMarch 22, 2015
I performed check-in, check-out and billing tasks for guests. You may need to find restaurants and transportation for guests as needed. Meeting room support and online reservation uploads may be required on some days as well.
Fun Job
Valet Attendant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 20, 2015
Best part of the job was interacting with customers. They were the ones who made the job fulfilling. Management is mediocre, but are very willing to work around your schedule.
You have to love what you do
Front Desk Clerk and Night Auditor (Current Employee), Cullman, ALMarch 19, 2015
Its a good place to work. You have to love what you do or you can not do this job well. You have to be patient with people. If you don't have patience then you will definitely learn it here. Hardest part was when people passed away. Yes its a part of life, but it gets hard when you are around them for years at a time and get to know them and their families.
Hard work, no appreciation
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Janesville, WIMarch 18, 2015
Pros: met some really nice people staying at the hotel
Cons: no time to take breaks if you wanted to finish duties for the day
The laundry person gathered dirty sheets and towels from the rooms and separated them to be treated and washed. There was only 1 laundry person per shift for approximately 100 rooms worth of dirty linens. Management promised to get extra help, never followed through. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with supply and demand. Had to leave laundry room constantly to gather more dirty linens, or restock shelves on upper floors.
I was not there long
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Albany, NYMarch 18, 2015
I was not there long It is a great Hotel to stay at the people are great It was fun and clean pleace the food was good I have nothing more to say
Great business, more to learn, new challeneges each day
Manager (Former Employee), Bedford, PAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: i was in control, always improving, love the responsibilities
Cons: over-worked, unfair treament from the boss, i was the only manager
I always had something to do at the Hampton Inn working as a the manager. I was the only one, so I worked 100+ hours a week. I enjoyed being in control and making more improvements for the company and other employees.
Very intresting
Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Middletown, OHMarch 18, 2015
Pros: the discounted rate on hotel rooms
Cons: you have to work 8 hours and no breaks
I enjoyed meeting people from all over and it was nice to be able to have a discount if I ever traveled. I also had to work a lot of double shifts which wears a person down.

About Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus/Polaris is owned and operated by Buffalo Lodging Associates, LLC, a hotel development & – Read more

Hampton Inn Salaries