Hampton Inn
1,007 reviews

Hampton Inn Employer Reviews

wonderfull staff
Night Auditor/Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Augusta, GAOctober 9, 2014
Pros: good work place
Cons: many hours
I love the hampton inn on washington rd. they have a great work enviroment and they work like family. the hampton is the only place that I worked for more than 7 years.
An ok place to work
Lead Maintenance (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 9, 2014
• Worked with nationally acclaimed corporations assisting their maintenance issues.
• Key player on the team to incorporate extreme maintenance and labor.
• Performed maintenance duties throughout the office for upper management and executive director.
Productive and great place to work
night auditor (Current Employee), Harvey, ILOctober 9, 2014
Pros: overtime, wonderful staff, great customers
My typical day at work is quite smooth. I spend most of the time alone working the night audit shift and I love what I do. I learn thinls everyday and this makes me become a better worker. The staff her is wonderful. We all get along fine, working as a team in this case is very good because we all love to help each other succeed.
good place to work. nice people to wrk with.
Nite Auditor (Current Employee), Gillette, WYOctober 8, 2014
Pros: free meals
Cons: no health benefits
good place to work. Very clean. I've learned in the course of my job, you can have fun on the job and still get the job done.
Productive, Great place to work.
Front Desk Clerk/Shuttle Driver (Current Employee), Richmond, VAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: great hours, happy environment
Cons: no breaks.
You have a lot of guest to attend to so you constant stay busy. People typically go about there business so the job usually goes very soon for the most part. People do really appreciate the work you put towards helping by sometimes giving you tips even down to hugs at times.
great place to stay
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Ephrata, PAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: great place to meet new people
Cons: on your feet all day
clock in and get right to work
learned how awesome it is to make someones day
co-workers are ok to work with
hardest part of the job-on your feet all day
most enjoyable-can laugh and have fun
Front Desk
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Chantilly, VAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: learning to multitask and building relationships with both guests and staff
Cons: constantly busy
Other than answering phone calls and greeting customers, a typical day at the Hampton Inn was consistently busy and required multitasking skills. Making sure the customer was completely satisfied was our number one priority.
I've learned to multitask. I would say my level of multitasking is now perfected thanks to this job.
The management was great, – more... if I had a question about a policy or a task, the management team was helpful.
My co-workers was made this job so much more bearable.
The hardest part of this job was finishing daily tasks and making sure the customer was completely satisfied.
The most enjoyable part of this job was building relationships with the guests. – less
Great oppurtunity
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Woodbridge, NJOctober 6, 2014
 Scores maintained a presence in the Lobby assisting guests with all needs In charge of all running all Front Office Meetings
 Assisted the front office manager with staff training
 Assisted Revenue Mgr with rates/up selling
 Monitoring and adjusting room rates
Provides excellent guest service
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Hummelstown, PAOctober 5, 2014
A typical day at the Hampton Inn includes checking guests in, going over local attractions that guests can visit and restaurants that are highly rates and good. I deal with guest complaints, including billing issues, noise level or cleanliness of room if any of those happen to become an issue. The hardest part of my job is when we have down time and – more... being slow with peak season leaving. – less
Laughing and having a good times
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Springdale, UTOctober 5, 2014
Cons: breaks
Always full of smiles, good people, hard workers, very positive
Working at Hampton Inn
House keeper (Former Employee), Matamoras, PAOctober 4, 2014
I cleaned hotel rooms. Made beds, swept, mopped, and vacuumed floors, wiped down counters, etc.
great job to work at,under great management!
Breakfast Host (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 4, 2014
very much of a business hotel. interacting with guest and making them feel at home
I loved my work experience at this hotel.
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Kissimmee, FLOctober 3, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: hours
There is no typical day. I learned you sometimes have to go the extra mile to make a guest happy.
My manager was great to work for and my co-workers were great.
The hours were sometimes crazy but still fun.
Meeting new people everyday was the best part,
A company that focuses on the direct care of their customers.
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Newcomerstown, OHOctober 3, 2014
Pros: discounted rates with other hotels within the chain, access to community connections and resources.
Cons: set hours, working weekends, minimum wage compensation, being micromanaged.
The customer was always number one and I enjoyed serving people in an environment that encourages relaxation and recreation. I became very familiar with community resources such as local restaurants, gymnasiums, wineries, gas stations, and/or historical sites. It was fun serving people breakfast and providing them with a smile and good food to start – more... their days. I won several customer service awards for my friendly and accommodating attitude. My position there helped develop my organizational skills as well, by auditing the hotel receipts at night and registering guests in and out of the hotel. – less
Same
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), SameOctober 3, 2014
Same as first. Nothing has changed. same as before. Management does not care about employees
Loved getting to listen to my music at night
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: parties
Cons: having cops called up to the hotel
It was a good experience for me it was a different setting but I loved it.
productive and very fun workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Springfield, ILOctober 2, 2014
Pros: the pros at this job was basically pleasing the guest.
Cons: the cons was the braeks cause they were really short.
A typical day at this job was cleaning rooms all day. I learned how to go into detail with my performances. the management was fair and my co-workers was awesome. The hardest part of the job was going through each room pulling everything out. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually cleaning the rooms and getting the compliments from guest..
Wonderful place to work and the employees and the staff are the best.
House Keeping Attendant (Former Employee), Canton, GAOctober 2, 2014
Very busy with cleaning details of rooms. Enjoyed speaking with the many guests who came and went. I worked with women who were very pleasant. My boss was very professional and very hands on with me. The best part of my job was learning new things and working around so many nice people.
Hotel Performance
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Kingsport, TNOctober 1, 2014
Well maintained property, courteous, professional staff.
Okay workplace
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COSeptember 30, 2014
Hours not stable, no weekends off. Ever. Not a lot of management support. No opportunity for advancement or raise.

About Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus/Polaris is owned and operated by Buffalo Lodging Associates, LLC, a hotel development & – Read more