Hampton Inn
1,286 reviews

Hampton Inn Employee Reviews

fun work place
HOUSEPERSON (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 8, 2015
Pros: nice co workers
Cons: short breaks
Love it here just need more,, A place to grow, Work day great went pass fast. Meet alot of nice people,getting to no management.
productive work place
housekeeping (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAJune 8, 2015
cleaning rooms laundry vaccumimg bathrooms sweeping mopping washing windows doors walls doing all the duties that the job comes with
It was okay
Front Desk/House Person (Former Employee), Westchester, ILJune 8, 2015
I love working at hotels. This one was cool, but management constantly changed. Great place to work. No stability there though.
Low-stress Moonlighting
Hotel Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor (Former Employee), Hadley, MAJune 6, 2015
Pros: Discount stay at any Hilton establishment
Cons: Small staff, difficult to request off or change schedule
As a front desk clerk for a small hotel in a college town, I learned a lot about the hospitality industry in a relatively laid-back environment. The majority of business was seasonal, with the occupancy peaking during spring (eg. graduation, sports) and summer (eg. wedding/vacation), and slowing down during winter which often meant the opportunity to catch up on homework or reading. The most enjoyable part of the job was scheduling reservations and the day-to-day interactions with the clientele, vendors, and hotel staff, etc. I worked there for a year and covered nearly every shift -- morning/breakfast, afternoon check-ins, weekend checkouts, night audit.

I left to work at another local establishment with similar seasonal business, but with a larger managing staff, more employees, and greater scheduling flexibility.
It's what you make out of it
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Meridian, MSJune 5, 2015
Pros: Hotel discounts, Bonuses, Flexible schedule
Cons: Hotel never close
I honestly love working at the Hampton Inn of Meridian. Its a fun enviroment to work in. If you love to meet new people and enjoy communicating, then this job is for you. When I get ready to go to work, it does not feel like work. It feels like I am getting paid to meet new people. The company takes very good care of its employees. The number one thing about this company is the respect. The company make sure they show you how much you are worth to them.
fun place to work
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee), Clinton, NYJune 5, 2015
Pros: incentives
Cons: n/a
great staff awesome general manager loved working here. All the guest that came to stay at this hotel was very friendly made it a very enjoyable experience
Productive learning skills.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Florence, SCJune 4, 2015
Pros: bonus incentives
Cons: Too many rooms to clean at once.
A typical day at work for me, was doing my job, and help assist others if needed. I learned the difference from being clean to knowing the rooms were clean. Management was awesome, they would go beyond the interests of employees. The hardest part of the job was rushing to fast in work and you would have to redo what was already worked on.
Great place to work, meeting new people was awsome.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 4, 2015
Pros: transportation, free meals
Cons: pay rate
From the time I clocked in till the time I clocked out I not only worked hard I also enjoyed my job as a housekeeper. Satisfying guest was always a goal for me, I have learned that in order to feel like my day was completed I had to put a smile on someone's face. I loved my team management and co-workers when it came to our job we all played as team players there was NO I in TEAM! A bad day was when I didn't see so many happy guest because that meant us as a team wasn't doing something right. The overall part of working as a housekeeper I loved what I did, I enjoyed the compliments from guest on how I did my job.
Making it your home away from home
Front Desk (Former Employee), Russellville, ARJune 2, 2015
Pros: Interaction with guests
Cons: No lunch breaks
A typical day at work would include cleaning and setting up for the day, counting money drawer, putting out appropriate signs for manager's reception, making cards for guests arriving, getting special snacks for Hilton members, and encouraging other guests to participate in Hilton Honor's rewards. The most enjoyable part of my day would be interacting with co-workers and guests arriving. I also would serve food and drinks to guests as part of the manager's reception. I would heat the food, bring out all items from storage and set up for the dining area, as well as pour ice into buckets and different beers for the complementary refreshments guests would enjoy at no cost. I would put comment cards, candles and make sure the television was on a channel guests would become engaged in. I would also make cookies and hot apple cider for guests who would arrive, and then would count all alcoholic beverages at the end of the night and make sure the count was right and the next day was set up.
Time Management job and multitask
o Front desk clerk (Current Employee), Newberry, SCJune 1, 2015
A typical day at work is talking to guest, checking guest in and out of hotel, and solving any problems the guest may have.
fast paced enjoyable environment
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Bedford, NHMay 31, 2015
Pros: *
Cons: *
A typical day is starting with getting all your supplies and what rooms yo'll be responsible for. As a team, you get all rooms done in a timely fashion.
None productive atmosphere
Room Attendant/Housekeeper (Former Employee), Phenix City, ALMay 29, 2015
Pros: Free coffee
Cons: Poor management
Even though I met a lot of different people, and I love people. This job was not good for me because management allowed no room for advancement. Management never showed appreciation for a ob well done.
Okay place to work
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee), Massillon, OHMay 29, 2015
Pros: Discounts on Hilton properties
Cons: No room for advancement and very low wages (not enough to live on)
-I work with different people almost every day
-Every situation is different and handle with caution
-I love the people who I work with. We are like family
-Trying to explain billing to guests is sometimes the hardest part
-Getting to know my guests
People never cease to amaze me in this industry!
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee), Windsor, CAMay 28, 2015
The guests are amazing. We come in contact with so many guests with different stories and on different journey's in life. It just amazes me.
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Butler, PAMay 28, 2015
Its nice to meet people from many different parts of the United States. I met people that left many marks on my life! Not many jobs can you have this experience
Initially, Hampton was impressive.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Marysville, OHMay 28, 2015
Pros: Hotel discounts.
Cons: Management procedures were lackluster.
When first beginning duties at the Hampton, was impressed with professionalism and caring of entire staff. Including General Manager. Enjoyed interacting with guests day to day. But once management changed, so did the quality of the hotel. No training for new duties provided. Valuable employees were let go. Became a hostile work environment.
Not a permanent career move.
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Mobile, ALMay 28, 2015
Pros: flexibilty
Cons: everything else
This job is very physically and mentally draining. Unless you plan to scratch and claw your way up the ladder in the hotel industry or are currently in school and just need an income, this would not be a good fit for you. Slave job!
productive
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMay 28, 2015
today was a good quiet day so pretty much did some cleaning and washing and wiping and file some papers n shred some papers just a typical day at work
Great Place To Work For
Night Auditor (Current Employee), chino hills,californiaMay 27, 2015
Pros: benefits, great environment
Cons: no raises
I have worked for Hampton Inn & Suites for 2 years and I have enjoyed every minute of it. Great staff and management. I am a Night Auditor and also have worked the breakfast and day shift. I enjoy working all times of the day and enjoy meeting new guest as well as seeing returning guest.
Great management team and overall good work environment
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), East Elmhurst, NYMay 24, 2015
Pros: holiday pays, management, breaks, great environment
Cons: expensive healthcare
Working at the Hampton Inn has helped me grow as a professional and understand how to communicate the right way. I have learned how to take initiative. The workers there are great and never had experience such a great environment. I enjoy most when I had guest that I had connected with, especially the ones that were staying at the hotel occasionally for work or business. I have also learned that the more you connect and understand your customers or clients, things will be smoother and easier because they understand that your are there to help. The hardest part working at Hampton Inn is trying to take care of everyone at once, which I was able to do but not an easy task.

About Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus/Polaris is owned and operated by Buffalo Lodging Associates, LLC, a hotel development & – Read more

Hampton Inn Salaries