Hampton Inn
1,128 reviews

Hampton Inn United States Employee Reviews

Productive and a fun place to work.
Guest Service Agent & Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 27, 2015
There is always something new to learn on a daily base. I enjoy meeting new people on a daily. Wonderful co-workers they always make the day go by.
Task
Night Auditor/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Great Falls, MTJanuary 26, 2015
 Perform task in specialized computer programs such as: OnQ Management System (reservation system), PBX, and Microsoft Office programs
 Auditor task: close out accounts, roll-over business date, balance account totals, and process credit cards
 Prepare complimentary breakfast area
 Drive the shuttle to and from Airport or other desired locations
 Sell rooms at best rate, up sale, and sell packages
 Create standard direct phone reservation and manage online reservation
 Defuse any conflict a guest may experience and effectively
 Answer and transfer calls on a multi-line phone
 Communicate essential information to each department
 Train new staff members
 Assist manager in any duties required
Fun and interesting work environment
Assistant Executive Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee), Belle Vernon, PAJanuary 25, 2015
Working at a hotel gives you the pleasure of meeting people from all over the world. It is a fun work environment with minimal staff allowing the development of friendships at a personal level while maintaining a professional atmosphere.
Fun Workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Williamsburg, KYJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: discount on hotels rooms if i traveled anywhere
Cons: i did not have a steady schedule one day i may work ten hours and the next it may only be one.
I enjoyed my work there. Most of my co-workers were friendly and made the day progress faster. I learned how to be a more considerate person. Also that teamwork is very important for the success of a company. The hardest duty I performed at Hampton inn was changing the duvets on the bed, but with a little practice it became natural to me. I enjoyed the experience itself in trying something different.
hotel
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Roxboro, NCJanuary 24, 2015
Hampton is a well run hotel and I enjoyed working for them was fare to all their employees and I was sorry that I had to leave. they were also concerned about their guess both good and bad. I was in the housekeeping dept and it was a challenging job but could both be rewarding and very fast paced.
Busy workplace.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 22, 2015
Learned a lot about customer service. Hampton Inn was a good place to start, when being in the cutomer service industry and learning how to really make someone happy.
A nice hotel along the Olentangy river
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 22, 2015
Our Hotel had just opened up when I started there, in fact I was part of the opening ceremony. A typical day was just like any other front desk hotel job. I would answer phones and make reservations, and handle any guest questions or concerns. My co workers were alright but I believe certain supervisors were not meant for that position. The hardest part of the job was standing for 8 hours at a time.
Fun place to work, very pleasant staff.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Charleston, WVJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: meeting new people, have great management, and being trusted to run the whole hotel by myself.
Cons: having to take the insults from customers with a smile on my face, but the pros definately outweighed the cons.
My day would start off and end in the same way, constantly multitasking. Telephones going crazy, guests needing this or that. I got to meet a lot of people from all walks of life which I absolutely love and I enjoyed it immensely. My managers were great, very personable people. My co-workers, as far as that situation, most of the time I was at the front desk alone, so they were in the housekeeping area of the building, but because of me not being able to leave the front desk very much I would have to ask them to do specific things for certain guests, some would be very unhappy with that, which I understood because their job was strenuous enough already. The hardest part of the job was getting insulted by the guests, the ones who were what they referred to as "regulars" thought they could do and say whatever they wanted to the staff. I'm not sure if it had to do with the 100% satisfaction guarantee that they have, or it was just their personalities. It was difficult to be made fun of basically, but the job itself, I enjoyed very much.
Productive Place to work With Set Schedule, And Clean Environment
housekeeping (Former Employee), Georgetown, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Very Friendly co-workers And very clean environment. The best part of my Day was when guests would leave me little notes for coffee they accidentally spilled. the Hardest part of my job was that I was 8 months pregnant and had to bend several times, making beds and cleaning the roms.
very fun place too work
Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 21, 2015
enjoyed working with this company.. they know what they want in a employer and i never let my company down
very productive and exciting workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Westport, MDJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free lunch and breakfast
Cons: no benefits
Hampton Inn was a home away from home, my employers where very open and it was always a positive energy. A typical day at work would be a lot of excitement and team work.
fun
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), swedesboro, NJJanuary 20, 2015
very fun co workers and great learning experience. good pay and hours.
Productive workplace
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee), Thomson, GAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: free breakfast
Cons: short breaks
Slow days and busy days, working long hours on busy days, co-workers get along some times and management have good leadership skills
Its a brightening place with a vending machine and complimentary coffe in the reak room
housekeeping (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: every tuesday we had a catered lunch
Cons: having short breaks
A typical day at work would be going from room to room taking out soiled laundry and trash. We try to get our rooms clean as quickly but done the right way as possible. Something I learned from them would be speed and cleanliness. The management was very strict but I guess working in a place as such as a motel you have to be that way. My co-workers there always bumped heads. I think that was the hardest part about working there. The most enjoyable parts were eing able to clean my own hall without having to hear the other co-workers gossip about other things.
Great customer service, fun and caring facility
Practiced great customer service (Current Employee), Carbondale, ILJanuary 19, 2015
I like working with the public and care about each and every one who walks into the work place. I get to know about them and become one. My co-works have a high compassion for people and try and help where it is needed and make everyone who walks into the doors welcomed. There is not a really hard part of my job that i do not like. I am there to meet everyones needs.
a
Housekeeping, Normal (Current Employee), aJanuary 16, 2015
This job was okay i left because of working conditions and other issues.
short employment
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Billings, MTJanuary 14, 2015
Working hard in cleaning rooms for guest I thought would be great. After a while it wears on a person. I learned that I could do most of the positions at The Hampton Inn as long as I put my mind to it. My co-workers were all professional and fun to work with. The hardest thing was to see many of the people leave.
Great Place to Work
Housekeeping (Current Employee), East Windsor, NJJanuary 14, 2015
Employees are great and the atmosphere is relaxed. There is room for growth and advancement
Loved to go above and beyond....i call it professional protocol!
Housekeeper/ Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Painted Post, NYJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: friends i worked with
Cons: no insurance
Enjoyed making someones day a little better, even if its something small. Treat customers as i would like to treated and give 110%!
Productive fun working enviroment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Milford, CTJanuary 13, 2015
Learned alot by checking in and checking out guest, making sure all needs are met.

About Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus/Polaris is owned and operated by Buffalo Lodging Associates, LLC, a hotel development & – Read more

Hampton Inn Salaries