Hampton Inn

1.3K reviews

Hampton Inn Employee Reviews

I learned something new .
housekeePing/Laundry (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 30, 2015
Pros: 30min breaks
Cons: low pay
I leanred how to placed a duve onto a bed. When i tell you that was a very interseting experience! it was frustrating at first but once i got the hang of it ,it became fairly easy .
Great place to work.
Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Excellent place to work.
Cons: none
The staff was wonderful, the guests were mostly upscale business people, and the crime in the area wasn't an issue at all. Great place
Hidden gem in the hotel industry.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Norco, CAJune 28, 2015
Pros: friendly & helpful staff, clean location, close to many restaurants
Cons: not paid enough for level of management duties completed, understaffed at times, new management seems to care less about guests
The staff is the best part of the hotel- very caring, polite and friendly. Work days can be busy, yet fun because there is always something to do and the hours go by fast. Regular guests appreciate this hotel because we remember faces, requests, and small details about each of their daily lives which they appreciate. Recent management changes has changed the hotel ideals a bit, but the coworkers still work tirelessly to ensure a positive guest experience.
Wonderful People...beautiful place to work
Front Office Manager (Current Employee), Lincolnton, NCJune 28, 2015
Pros: Smiling faces
The most rewarding day at the Hampton Inn....when returning guests check in to find we have reserved them in room we remember they like. When we can WOW them with something from our "Magic Box"... We have a wonderful team of employees that truly care about what they do. I have learned so much in my years in the hospitality industry, patience being one of the important ones.
Fun job where you meet lots of people
Shuttle Driver/Houseman/Overnight Laundry (Current Employee), Newport News, VAJune 27, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people, getting tips, having good reviews written about you
Cons: Hours get cut a lot in the slow winter months
The job was fun when you got to talk to a lot of guests. In the summertime when the outdoor pool was open it was great helping out with guests around the pool because they were mostly nice and friendly and talkative.
Working there was a pretty fun
house keeper (Former Employee), st.louisJune 26, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
A typical day here was working with people and moving around a lot. I learned to work with rude people. I learned a little about the hotel system. my co workers always treated me I was family from day one. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the drunk customers during the holidays. and everyday was an enjoyable moment.
I like my work
Breakfast Host and Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Richland, MSJune 26, 2015
Cons: up very early. no backup/relief
I love working with food and helping guests. However I don't feel the franchise owners can relate to the quality expected for Hampton Inn.
We've been open 5 months and still no time clock.
A lovely hotel with a friendly staff providing exemplary customer service with a Southern twist.
Night Auditor/ Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Marksville, LAJune 25, 2015
Pros: Employee discounted hotel rooms
Cons: The current decrease in hours among employees
A typical day at work always brings about new challenges. Providing great customer service takes sufficient training and a great amount of patience. My general manager is very easy to talk to and understands the needs of the guests as well as the employees. My coworkers could bring a little more enthusiasm to the front desk, but I am not complaining. The hardest part of my job is having to tell a guest I am unable to sell them a room because I have no availability . My goal is to sell! The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing that every guest is satisfied with the service as well as their room by the time they are checked in.
Hard work not enough time
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Steubenville, OHJune 25, 2015
Pros: short work days
Cons: short work days and no benefits.
Its hard to get people out of a hotel room when you need to clean it. Some times people really wreck the rooms and typically a room clean should take about 15 to 30 minutes.
Fun workplace.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Adel, GAJune 25, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people.
Cons: None.
I enjoy customer service! I take pride in working directly with the public as well. The most enjoyable part of the job was being the first impression that anyone has of the business.
Great place to learn
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Triadelphia, WVJune 25, 2015
I learned alot working there, I went from executive housekeeper to Assistant Manger. I learned how to schedule personal, orders products to keep the hotel running. keep accounts up to date.
Laid back
Guest Server (Housekeeper) (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MIJune 24, 2015
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: part time hours
I transferred to worked at the Hampton Inn for a short time but the work place environment was great!! They let you do your job at your own pace and didn't over work you in no way the housekeeping manager would even step in to help out. I hated to leave but I needed more work hours
Great place to work - Depends on management company
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee), Salem, ORJune 24, 2015
Pros: Team member travel program
Cons: demanding schedule
I like working at the Hampton Inn & Suites Brand. It is a demanding hotel but affords great personal rewards. You can easily advance within this industry if you are willing to work hard and contribute to the overall success of the team.
manager was a wonderful person
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Natchitoches, LAJune 23, 2015
Pros: got to have a real lunch break
Cons: no healthcare
Manager always took time for everyone no matter what employees and guest. Clean rooms, full time hours were good.Co workers were very nice,enjoyed get togethers like pot luck dinner with co workers
Loved the job
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Presque Isle, MEJune 23, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Nothing
Everyday was unique. I learned alot. Management was ok. My co workers were ok. Nothing was hard. I loved every part.Overall Good job.
Wonderful work environment and rewarding position
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2015
Pros: Flexible with School hours, fast pace environment, rewarding
Cons: No breaks allotted
Overall, I have really enjoyed working at the Hampton Inn as a front desk agent. I have the ability to create a positive experience for guests who stay with us by providing excellent customer service along with making the guests feel at home by providing them with many resources throughout their stay.
A good environment
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee), Phenix City, ALJune 20, 2015
Pros: environment
Cons: pay
Hampton Inn has a good working environment and working conditions. I have enjoyed working there because I love customer service. A typical day at work is assisting guests and making them feel comfortable. The most enjoyable part is working with guests and my fellow team.
It was a very peaceful work envioroment.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Largo, MDJune 19, 2015
Pros: Good Manager
Cons: Short Lunch Time
Process guest arrivals and departures including handling all necessary payments in a professional manner. Coordinate room assignments and pre-arrivals and handle guests concerns. Offer referrals for services and handle requests for information. Assist with the check-in and check-out of large groups or tours. Communicate with or assist as a translator in Spanish for all Spanish speaking clients. Advise housekeeping staff when rooms had been vacated and ready for cleaning. Arranged and recommend tours, taxis and restaurants.
Hampton
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaJune 18, 2015
Cons: income
I really enjoy working at the Hampton Inn and Suites. I have gained useful information that I will carry with me for future jobs. The favorite part of my day is knowing that everyone is enjoying there stay and I was a part of that lasting impression.
Great place to work.
Front Desk Clerk and Night Auditor (Current Employee), Bowling Green, KYJune 18, 2015
The people there make the experiene worth it. I could not have asked to work with a better group of people. Management is excellent and they find a way to create a stress free environment, even when things get hectic.