Hampton Inn
1,187 reviews

Hampton Inn Employee Reviews

Fun place to work, great co-workers.
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Shakopee, MNMarch 22, 2015
I performed check-in, check-out and billing tasks for guests. You may need to find restaurants and transportation for guests as needed. Meeting room support and online reservation uploads may be required on some days as well.
Fun Job
Valet Attendant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 20, 2015
Best part of the job was interacting with customers. They were the ones who made the job fulfilling. Management is mediocre, but are very willing to work around your schedule.
You have to love what you do
Front Desk Clerk and Night Auditor (Current Employee), Cullman, ALMarch 19, 2015
Its a good place to work. You have to love what you do or you can not do this job well. You have to be patient with people. If you don't have patience then you will definitely learn it here. Hardest part was when people passed away. Yes its a part of life, but it gets hard when you are around them for years at a time and get to know them and their families.
Hard work, no appreciation
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Janesville, WIMarch 18, 2015
Pros: met some really nice people staying at the hotel
Cons: no time to take breaks if you wanted to finish duties for the day
The laundry person gathered dirty sheets and towels from the rooms and separated them to be treated and washed. There was only 1 laundry person per shift for approximately 100 rooms worth of dirty linens. Management promised to get extra help, never followed through. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with supply and demand. Had to leave laundry room constantly to gather more dirty linens, or restock shelves on upper floors.
I was not there long
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Albany, NYMarch 18, 2015
I was not there long It is a great Hotel to stay at the people are great It was fun and clean pleace the food was good I have nothing more to say
Great business, more to learn, new challeneges each day
Manager (Former Employee), Bedford, PAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: i was in control, always improving, love the responsibilities
Cons: over-worked, unfair treament from the boss, i was the only manager
I always had something to do at the Hampton Inn working as a the manager. I was the only one, so I worked 100+ hours a week. I enjoyed being in control and making more improvements for the company and other employees.
Very intresting
Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Middletown, OHMarch 18, 2015
Pros: the discounted rate on hotel rooms
Cons: you have to work 8 hours and no breaks
I enjoyed meeting people from all over and it was nice to be able to have a discount if I ever traveled. I also had to work a lot of double shifts which wears a person down.
Slow work enviroment
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Brookhaven,MSMarch 18, 2015
Pros: hotel discounts
Cons: small salary
The swing shifts keeps your rest off balance and leaves little time to enjoy your personal life. There is no place for advancement. It is not owned by Hampton so standard pay is whats paid with no benefits. It's a job I'll advise for college students.
Great place to learn customer service skills
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee), Fairfield, NJMarch 16, 2015
The past 10 years have been everything. I have learned so much from this place and feel like I would be a great asset at any hotel because of all the experience I have. I learned how to be a great multitasker, how to be a leader which eventually made me a manager, and because of my quick learning and way of understanding I have always been the person who trains all our new hires at the front desk. This makes me want more, which is what I enjoy about it. I do know I would like to be a regional manager because of all the skills I have acquired I think I would be a great addition.
Its your typical hotel
Night Auditor (Current Employee), Leesburg, FLMarch 16, 2015
Pros: the discount on hotel rooms you get being an employee
Cons: the unfair treatment and no advancement opportunity with this company.
We check guest in and out of the system. Clean on a daily basis. Great everyone with a smile. I have learned how to handle guest complaints better, and became more efficient with the computer system used in the hotel. The hardest part of my job is staying awake because there is not much to do on this type of shift.
Front desk agent
Guest Service Agent/ Customer service trainer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, NCMarch 15, 2015
Great guest; answer phones and make/cancel reservations. Trained and assisted general manager on training strategies for new guest service agents.
great place to work
Houseman (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: all meals for free
Cons: good healthcare
was name employee of the month , learned the cleaning part of the hotel ,mat some very good people while working there. made good money working here.
it was nice place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), cleveland, ohioMarch 9, 2015
Pros: free to do job, without someone look over your shoulder
Cons: poor paid
cleaning the guest room as they check in and they depart. make sure the guest had clean sheet on there bed, clean towel, soap. I love work in this hotel, but management was bad sometime, cause some can very disrespect. my co work was okay people, not have the supple we need to the job. the salarly was very bad
Productive and spontanious work place.
Front desk clerk (Former Employee), Ringgold, GAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: great managment
Cons: long drive from home.
I enjoyed working with the staff at that time. It was a place that introduced me into the hospitality business. Before working here, I didn't know about the hospitality side of business. To me it wasn't just business while working here, I took pride in who I communicated with and I did my best at my job. My review is just my opinion of my experience while working there, the main point lyes in what is done through the company, and what the company gave to me while I was there just as much as what I did my best to give to them, that is success.
Fast-paced fun place to work
NIGHT AUDITOR (Former Employee), Yemassee, SCMarch 6, 2015
I was able to be myself and have fun with my customers while maintaining a safe and clean atmosphere. This was a fast-paced environment where your turnover is how you make your money.
lover working here team player
Front Desk Guest Agent (Former Employee), Manchester, CTMarch 6, 2015
Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest's stay. Determinants a guest's reservation status and identifies how long the guest will stay. Helps guests complete registration cards and then assigns rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible.Verifies the guest's method of payment and follows established credit-checking procedures.
Hamptonality
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee), North Sioux City, SDMarch 5, 2015
I love that you have first hand experience with guests, that you are there for them. With an outgoing personality like mine, it's quite easy to strike a bond with a guest and it helps them to feel like their "home" at the hotel.
Great People and fun place to work at
Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee), Executive Head HousekeeperMarch 3, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Making sure the housekeepers get the rooms done in a timely order and are clean and ready for the guest.I made the boards for the Housekeepers, Clean public areas, Check the rooms to make sure Housekeepers cleaned them properly. Did inventory for linen and toiletries supplies. Put rooms in the system when ready
Productive and nice place to work.
Administrative Assistant, Sales Manager (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great environment
Very up beat place to work. Busy environment. Work with the public to ensure their stay is a safe and comfortable one. I was responsible for the meeting rooms and the sweet shop. I also maintained all the books for inspections by the Hilton Brand Hotels.
job was ok
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Iowa City, IAMarch 2, 2015
I feel that if he supervisor was more on a supervisor levels things would be different instead of talking about an employee about something she or he has done I do not feel like its the supervisor right to go and discuss it with other employees

About Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus/Polaris is owned and operated by Buffalo Lodging Associates, LLC, a hotel development & – Read more

Hampton Inn Salaries