HAMPTON MANOR Employee Reviews

pay
Medication Technician (Former Employee) –  Gaston, NCJuly 22, 2016
The rate of pay could be better and the special care unit could use a little TLC and made better for the residents who have dementia.
joyful and place of laughter
Medtech (Current Employee) –  Gaston, NCJune 25, 2016
Hampton Manor was a great place to work for. If you were having a bad day a typical day is to go to work and have one of your patients to put a smile on your face. I learned many things about dementia and elderly patients. Management in some areas were great and helpful especially in the dementia unit a place of warmth and love from management. When doing this type of work I tend to stay into my residents and be a team player when my co-workers needed me. Most were wonderful co-workers and very helpful, I learned many things from many of my co-workers there. The hardest part about this job is patience. The enjoyable part is the residents
Pros
pay enjoyment of the residents
Cons
no benefits affordable
Productive fun workplace to be at
Companion/Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 9, 2015
I really like this company, too ... Learned a lot of new things, and worked at dietary aide at this particular place, and took care of the patients diet, as well.. I did may things at this workplace .. I liked taking care of the clients and so forth, and enjoyed many things of this job...
Pros
Free lunches, at times...
Cons
wanted part time work ...
workplacement
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  parkwoodMarch 29, 2015
-I gained more conference in myself talking to new people, all the team welcomed me into the elderly peoples home and was generally nice trustworthy people to work with.

-The hardest part of the job was seeing the elderly people get distressed easily and sometimes was difficult to know what they wanted at the right time.

-The most enjoyable parts were making the elderly people smile and help them in many ways, to giving them a cup of tea, helping them out of bed, asking them how they are doing and being really caring towards them so they gain your trust.
Pros
Free drinks and Free lunch
Cons
Long hours on fridays
Very welcoming inviroment
Resident Assistant (RA) (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 28, 2014
I loved this job if I wouldnt have gotten pregnant I would still be employed here
Pros
free lunches
Loved my residents but the facility could use a little better management
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gaston, NCJanuary 16, 2014
Very busy and productive work days that were usually done by schedule times. I learned how to take care of all different kinds of patients. The management was a little slack and didn't seem to care about the employers. Co-workers were great.
Pros
experience
Cons
no break room; couldn't leave for lunch break
terrible company
Resident care aide (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 28, 2013
Not to much I would like to say about this company. The only enjoyable part was helping seniors with Alzheimer's. The only thing I learned was not to trust anyone. My co-workers were lazy, mean to the residents, two-faced, always trying to start fights between other employees. The management was a joke, just as bad as the other employees. anytime anything was reported it was brushed off as nothing, a lot of favoritism to certain lazy employees. the hardest part of the job was watching residents pass away!
Pros
the joy in helping others
Cons
co-workers and management
had fun with some co workers
CNA (Former Employee) –  Gaston, NCOctober 21, 2013
No chance for advancement, some people on call others not, working a double shift getting off at 7am and being back at 3 pm
Pros
love the clients
Cons
healthcare, management treatment, favoritism, long hours
Non-unified workplace
Resident Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 10, 2013
A typical day at Hampton Manor had its rewards are defects. In my short period of employment there, I learned what it takes to care for seniors with serious illnesses. Against all odds, not having ever worked in this particular field ever, wasn't that challenging part, the management and some of the co-workers were. If you were not liked for any reason at all or apart of their special circle, whether you just started on the job or have been there for sometime, they made you feel it and see it. The most enjoyable part of the job for me, definitely the people I personally care for everyday I was there. The seniors of the facility made the job worth staying and beautiful, despite what someone threw at you to make your job harder. I absolutely loved the people and continue to miss them everyday. You can say I had a real connection with them all.
Pros
warm loving seniors to care for
Cons
bad management and the unprofessionalism from time to time
very organized
Med Tech/ resident aid (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 15, 2012
I enjoyed the work and the residents were wonderful, the coworkers that I worked with on third shift were some of the best people that I have ever worked with, now the first shift crew did have many problems..many came in drunk or hungover..fighting with each other and none of them wanted to work..so much of there time was spend complaining and I had a problem with one employee, he wouldnt keep his hands off of me and other employees..I voiced my concerns and was sent home. I would like to work in this building again, and am willing to go speak to someone about that.
Pros
great place and residents
Cons
should be harder on lazy employees

Want to know more about HAMPTON MANOR?

Ask a question
loved my residents
lpn (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLApril 11, 2012
the residents were my reason for each day at work. they were the best.

2.4