Hampton University

Hampton University Employee Reviews

improvement needed
support services (Current Employee), Hampton, VAMay 26, 2015
need to fix mentality of individuals so that opportunities for them can become present rather than just slaving away

exciting to work at, besides the things stated above
Director of Aquatics and Assistaant Professor
Director of Aquatics (Former Employee), Hampton, VAMay 14, 2015
Pros: Great swim and scuba instructor.
Cons: Showers are on a lower level and not connected to the pool deck.
One of the top venues for swimming in the City of Hampton. The director of aquatics was very friendly and receptive for swim team practice and competition; scuba diving; and general recreational swimming. This facility hosted major age-group swim meets, high school championship meets, and was the inaugural venue for the Kecoughtan Invitational Swim Meet. It was also host to many children programs and activities such as Kiddie Kollegee/Kiddie Kamp and the National Youth Sports Program.
Good Job Experience
Peer Counselor (Current Employee), Hampton, VAMay 4, 2015
Good work environment , good leaders, a comfortable place to learn about helping the students at my University. It helps me for my career in psychology to see how it is to work with people.
Educational Environment that helped student with Career Choices.
Secretary (Former Employee), Hampton, VAApril 23, 2015
Great school to work for. The Career Center helped college students with career choices and their skills assessment that helped the students with discovering what career would best suit their personality and skills. It was a very positive environment.
cool place to work
Corporal (Former Employee), Hampton, VAApril 14, 2015
I had a great experience working at HU. It has great opportunities for advancement and I was an example of that. I loved the field and the work I did training other up and coming officers, preparing them for the field.
Hampton University is the standard of excellence.
BRAND757 Student PR Firm -Content Curator (Current Employee), Hampton, VAApril 5, 2015
I absolutely enjoyed my tenure here at Hampton University. During my matriculation I developed an unreeling relation with the profession journalism and strategic communications and in my post secondary educational career I will seek knowledge that will help transform me in the best pr practitioner there is!
A great educational environment that keeps you focused on your purpose
CASHIER (Current Employee), Hampton, VAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: small campus
Cons: food options
Receiving my education among bright and driven people makes the environment much more positive. At school for a purpose in the end I will take the fundamentals that prepare me for life after college.
• Direct the operations of approximately 80 to 120 employees in the custodial service buildings and residence halls
Supervisor of Housekeeping Services (Current Employee), Hampton, VAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: working during the inclimate weather we sometimes may have
• Supervise and Coordinate the custodial department in all buildings to provide clean and sanitary conditions in all areas on the Campus and off Campus sites.
• Directed all activities and operations of the department as it related to the housekeeping staff in all buildings and dormitories.
• Coordinate Summer Projects and made sure all residential halls were ready for fall students.
• Conduct frequent inspections to ensure established cleaning standards are upheld, and direct corrective measures to secure satisfactory performance.
The hardest part of my job is the disciplinary actions I sometimes have to give.
I enjoy my job and getting the satisfactory reports.
Great place if in the right Department
Senior Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Hampton, VAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: students
Cons: management of processes
Provided me the opportunity to learn creative ways to produce work during normal business hours. Much of the work is last minute at 5:00 PM requiring exempt employees to stay late into the evening. If you are unable to work late (2:00 AM) it is looked upon as not being a team player.

I most enjoy learning and multi-tasking therefore with no formal training on systems or processes my flexibility, initiative and knack for learning software served me well. Learning the higher education industry has been the most enjoyable part of my position.
Hampton is a fun place for those who are serious learners
adjunct instructor in rehabilitative nursing (Former Employee), Hampton, VAFebruary 10, 2015
Hampton University is a great university to study work and continuing learning for life long experiences in today's society for all citizens.
A great place to work
Adjunct Professor in Humanities (Former Employee), Hampton UniversityJanuary 23, 2015
A great place to work. It has bright students and great technology.
Great Working Environment
EDUCATION DELIVERY SPECIALIST/ BLAKCBOARD ADMIN (Current Employee), Hampton, VAJanuary 14, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy working for Hampton University. Each day is a new challenge. The joy of seeing student appreciate your work and seeing them grow into great leaders is why i worked for this university for so long.
Administrative Assistant to the Dean (Current Employee), University CollegeJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: vacation and holidays, get to participate in all activities on campus
I have received plenty of valuable information that I will be able to use in not only my career at Hampton University, but in my future endeavors as well. Hampton University is a fun and enjoyable place to work. I am honored for the opportunity to be able to be a part of the Hampton University culture.
Great opportunity
Math Tutor (Former Employee), hampton, vaDecember 2, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: nothing
Good school. Gives you great opportunity to gain experience before you go to the real world.
work hard low pay
Program Assistant (Current Employee), Hampton, VANovember 19, 2014
Pros: surrounded by good people
Cons: low pay, work harder pay less
My day begins with answering voice mail messages and making outgoing calls. Throughout the day i answer calls and questions.

I'm required to register students for upcoming classes, and keep books on payments. Throughout the day i also tend to emails and mail sent in. I am required to register students for two programs and monitor two budgets.

I also have to schedule new classes for the upcoming sessions and find new classes and instructors.

Registration and filing is a day to day part of the job. Also assisting the director is also a responsibility that never ends.
Very fast paced and busy most of the time.
Hampton University School of Business is a great learning experience and has showed me how much I really enjoy working with the students.
SECRETARY/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Hampton VAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: one hour lunch
Cons: paid monthly, vacation only in 8hr increments
I have learned how to be very organized and pay attention to detail. I have also learned how much I enjoy working in an office enviroment. The hardest part of my job is being told to accomplish my tasks at the last minute. My overall experience has been good and I look forward to continuing my experience in the administrative field.
Academic workplace with little flexibility in hours
CHIEF ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee), Hampton University, Hampton VAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: educational facility
Cons: business office atmosphere
Rewarding place to work because of the interactions with students.
Management wasn't fair to Business Office--long hours expected.
it was an steady place with consistent work
Landscape Laborer (Current Employee), Hampton, VAOctober 8, 2014
it was more slow pace department but there was help when needed
Assistant Track and Field Coach (Current Employee), Hampton, VAOctober 7, 2014
Working with my classmates to fund raise for this cause was really fun. We came up with a lot of great ideas.
Beautiful campus
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Hampton, VAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: great hours, flexibility, and being apart of a team.
Cons: there are no cons
Hampton University offers rich culture experiences, they are truly an Institution of hire learning, Very diverse, with a commitment to excellence.

Being apart of a team committed to leadership, my day would consist of responding to emails, checking Microsoft outlook to review events for that day as well as upcoming events, check phone messages and respond in a timely manner. Following up on work orders, reviewing the department budget for balance.

1 2 3 4