Hampton Employee Reviews

Closed plant
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Shell Lake, WIJune 12, 2015
Work There for 2 years and was hoping toi retire from this job and it ended up closing 2 years into my job. Was not happy. What more can I tell you.
Pros
Lovewd the my coworkers
Cons
it closed
Good starting point for an environmental career
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bayonne, NJMarch 20, 2015
Good experience to start my career with a solid foundation. perform groundwater sampling, soil, air. interact with consultants and goverrment agincies
Worst Mangement Ever
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Memphis TnMarch 7, 2015
By far the worst job I've ever had. No holiday pay for employee's that are required to work holidays. Management treated the place like high school instead of a comfortable work environment. Unfair treatment. Overall a really awful job with awful pay.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Excellent place to work.
Office Associate IV (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAFebruary 28, 2015
We are a "client oriented" program seeking to meet the needs of the women who come into our program who have the desire to maintain a drug free life.

My co-workers are dedicated, hard working individuals who believe that there is a better life awaiting the pregnant, substance abusing females that we work with. We strive to provide positive role modeling for our clients and genuinely care about them and their babies.

The hardest part of our job is having to accept that not all of our clients will succeed in maintaining their recovery once they leave our program.
Best Co-workers
System Administrator Tier (Former Employee) –  Langley AFB, VAFebruary 17, 2015
I loved working with the staff at the Ryan Center. I learned a lot about VMware and VDI. Day to day is installing and Testing all updates and security patches form the development side to ensure that all parts are working, Test all documentation before deployment of production patches and servers
It was an amazing oppurtunity being able to work with alot of different families
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Vancouver WaDecember 19, 2014
I have been working for this company going on about three years. I started working for them right after High School and I have been there ever since.
Working with individuals with intellectual disibilities
Community Service Associate II (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 9, 2014
A typical day of work would consist of getting individuals prepared to do cognitive activities, going on community outings,responding to codes to de-escalate an angry person. I learned a lot of clerical duties, I learned how to make the best of a bad situation when need be far as being short staffed. I learned how to work with autistic individuals as well. The management was fair, at times we (staff) got treated poorly, there's no advancement which is the reason why I left and went back to school and underpaid. The hardest part is working hard everyday, being attacked by clients and receiving no empathy from management and the lack of pay raises. The enjoyable part of the job was seeing smiles on the individuals and family member faces. Teaching them something new, taking them to a place that they really enjoy.
Pros
happy clients and family members
Cons
short breaks, low pay (no raises), mistreatment from management
First job I recieve after graduating as a medical assistant.
Medical Assistant, Tidewater Heart Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hampton VirginiaJuly 18, 2014
Management and co-worker help me achieved my goal as a medical assistant.
Lots of work and supervision
Registered Nurse Sentara Careplex (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 28, 2014
Worked as 3-11 supervisor. Learned how to coordinate care, education, learning needs, and payers. Large turn over in facility due to poor recruiting and leadership. Once you taught your shift personnel how to work the personnel changed and education on same issues and procedures became a repetitive cycle instead of a growing cycle. The hardest part was taking care of elderly personnel that had no family visitors.
Pros
easy work
Cons
high turnover and lack of good leadership
productive work place
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 27, 2014
security for events such as concerts,circus, ect...great company to work for w/ perks free food drinks. management is great also. love working w/ my co-workers. hardest part is dealing w/ rude patron which is not many.
Pros
free foood
Cons
dealing w/ patrons who are rudely
Created a fun insentitive laded enviroment
General Manager/Revenue Manager (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXJanuary 5, 2014
Arrived in office at 6;30 a.m. planed my day, Met with all shift leaders and supervisors for about 10 min. The held a staff pep rally at 8:00 a.m. for 20 min. Balanced paper work, cash, checks, credit cards and vouchers. prepared deposits, went to the bank at 10:00 a.m. Inventoried all supplies, food and beverages' to order and placed orders. Checked all e mails and sent reports to headquarters. Inventoried and inspected rooms. Sales calls, Checked room rates. business visits and meetings. Booked conferences and meets. Walked the property and building. Greeting guest and checking in on staff during the course of the day.
Pros
hilton's gm's are well respected and well trained
Cons
benefits for all emeployees
productive and relax place to work
Hotel, Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, New YorkOctober 15, 2013
A typical day of work is your everyday assignments.
Your work is basically base on your skills and you can also learn from others it's a friendly environment,.
Management are friendly and very professional.
Always keep yourself in a professional manor with guest and co-workers. the hardest part of the job none, the most enjoyable part of it is coming to work.
Pros
you can love you job on a everyday if you know your job or skill very well.
Cons
healthcare is very exspensive to have.
Everyone helps each other.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOJuly 29, 2013
The hardest part is the physical labor. I learned how to clean very fast and efficient. Five to seven hours a day generally. The most enjoyable part of the job was the helpful atmosphere.
Management is horrible at The Hampton SRQ
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Hampton SRQ AirportMarch 26, 2013
A certain manager who works there put all of her work on her employees while she frequently takes trips and she tells lies about paper not being complete. Its seriously an horrible place to work.
Pros
the travel benefits
Cons
managers egos
Hotel in Coralville IA with an indoor pool!
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Coralville IAJanuary 12, 2013
I worked with this company for a little over a year and enjoyed my time there. The staff were both fun and exciting to work with. We even had celebs stay there!
Pros
great hours, pay and friends
Cons
some housekeepers have huge egos
Active work place
Sales, Customer (Former Employee) –  Hampton, vaMay 25, 2012
I loved my job, I love doing what I know best and that is helping people.
Pros
the challenges
benefits
Great company
Social Worker, Intern (Former Employee) –  VAMarch 23, 2012
I enjoyed it. Great experience for the social worker in training.
Pros
free lunches