Hancock Fabrics Employee Reviews

Overall good just low pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJanuary 13, 2017
I enjoyed working at Hancock Fabrics. Learned a lot more about sewing and I've been sewing since I was eight years old. The coworkers were very helpful and fun to work with. I enjoyed meeting new people and helping with the projects. I would still work there if they hadn't closed.
Pros
Meeting people and discounts
Cons
low pay
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJanuary 12, 2017
A typical day at work consists of light cleaning duties, stocking, running the cash register, and even cutting fabric for customers. It's a very easy-going job.
Pros
Employee Discount
Cons
No benefits
Fun and productive work place
Supervisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 12, 2017
I enjoyed being there everyday I went.
Because the different range of people and age of old & young, I always learned Something new everyday
Pros
then learning of differences in sewing the customers had
Cons
pulling commercial special oders
Store was a Great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSDecember 30, 2016
Hancock fabrics was a great place to work, but is closed down now. I really enjoyed working there. the staff and management were great to get along with. I really hate they closed down.
compony is closed
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 20, 2016
Employees were rude and mean. I was never properly trained in the short time I was there. customers where angry and hard to deal with do to the store closing.
Interesting job with many cool perks such as discounts on cloths.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 13, 2016
This was my first job I ever had. It taught me how to be a good customer service representative and also taught me a lot about cloths and such.
fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIDecember 9, 2016
Day to Day operations, purchasing, stocking, cashiering, merchandising, leading by example.

I learned time management, scheduling employee's, merchandising leading by example, team building

Co-workers are great

Hardest part is learning how to schedule according to store needs.

Loved meeting new customers and merchandising of displays
Pros
day hours, meeting new people
Cons
working on saturdays
Fun job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 22, 2016
Had a wide variety of fabrics and craft ideas. Management was unreliable and not trustworthy. Loved the customers needed to be diverse, over worked and underpaid
Pros
Learning new crafts
Cons
Less pay
Loved it
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCNovember 21, 2016
This was a great job, great environment to work in. Too bad the company filed bankruptcy and is now out of business. I mis the exceptional store I worked for and all the unique, amazing customers I became friends with.
Pros
fun!
Cons
company out of business
Out of business
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MONovember 20, 2016
Company out of business. It was not a good company to work for. They expected you to force people to buy things they did not need with no compensation to the associate. They ruled by intimidation, threatening to fire you for every infraction, no matter how small.
Pros
discounts
Cons
poor working conditions, no help from corporate.
Craft and Hobby DIY Experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LANovember 7, 2016
Working for Hancock I received the experience to sew, make jewelry and learn different crafts and ideas to utilize as a hobby. My customers and employees were the best. I enjoyed going to work hearing and learning of different ideas and ways you can be creative.
Fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LANovember 2, 2016
Very calm atmosphere with loving older people who enjoys sewing. Learned that there are a lot of people in this world that still sews, the most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a smile on the customer faces.
Heaven for the crafty sewer
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OK 74401October 28, 2016
Work days started off medium paced from store opening to fast paced in the afternoon and then finally slowing down at night.
Sorry they closed!
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALOctober 14, 2016
This was by far my most favorite job to ever work with. The people were absolutely amazing. The customers were awesome and so easy to help. My first experience with Retail and I loved it.
Had a great team, great customers,alot of fun.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 5, 2016
What can I say the company closed.....sad the CEO and the upper Senior management always get this great package when a company closes , they get paid there benefits, and getting paid for another year for what running the company to the ground. Not looking out for the best interest of the company.
Lining there pockets..
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
Company closed
Enjoyed job and personal contact with customers.
Assitant/ store manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 4, 2016
Open or close store, banking. customer service through register or cutting table. once a week was a truck with shipment-receiving and putting stock out. Sale set with new or current sales events. Once a week was a big ticket count and payroll. Keep all associates busy with store service.
A good company that lost its way
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 1, 2016
A long, avoidable death spiral based on non-industry people promoted and making poor operational and buying decisions.
Great Customers
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 18, 2016
Unfortunate they went out of business, we had outstanding long term customers and even in the final months they would come by & check on us to see if we were okay.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 15, 2016
My typical day at work would be arriving at the store 3 hours before opening and waiting until opening or my shifts starts, but sometimes I would get a call asking me can I cover for someone else because they had called off or didn't show. I go in an clock in and start the working day with a positive attitude and make the best of the situation if we have a long line of customers ready to get their fabrics cut and checked out. At first I didn't know how to cut fabric or work a cash register, but i learned within a day and a half because I'm a determined to learn new things and work to do my very best. I had worked with some great co-workers to help me along the way, but the management was poorly. The hardest part of the job was when getting breaks and restroom breaks. The enjoyable part of the job is making new friends with the customers and co-workers.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
No breaks
Great company to work with
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New mexico,Texas, California,ArkansasAugust 31, 2016
The company was very exciting to work for,with the goals and expectations clearly defined and the constant training in a variety of fields. A typical day included customer service, merchandising, training new associates and always making the job enjoyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hancock Fabrics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6