Hancock Holding Company Employee Reviews

Overworked Reps
Human Resources Representative (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSApril 20, 2017
HRLink is a very stressful work environment to work in. HR Service Reps are overworked and underpaid. Supervisor doesn't train new hires well enough and doesn't like to assist new hire when needed. The department has a high turnover rate.
Pros
Off on weekends
Cons
poor management and high turn over
Good place to work but low pay
FSA Senior (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LAApril 16, 2017
HHC is a good place to work but unless you are at the top, you dont make that much. The work is not that hard but you have to reach your goals and the company has to reach its goals for you to get your incentives. Even though you do everything you are supposed to do, if other people fail, you get nothing.
Pros
Safe, secure
Cons
Pay
Over worked less pay
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAApril 12, 2017
I worked at the contact center in Denham Springs and it's a horrible company to work for when you start you will have to work from 10 to 7pm the calls are nonstop they take your morning breaks away and give you a 30 minutes lunch break instead of a hour when the calls are in red you will think the supervisors will help out but they stay locked in a room and play all day management is horrible and they don't care about the employees at all and have the nerves to ask you to work on mothers day if you can find something else please do this company turn over rate is high
Pros
Cons
Short breaks low pay
Banking
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Diberville, MSMarch 31, 2017
Assist customers daily, work as a team toward a common goal, learned many professional skills, management team is supportive, comfortable environment to work in, it is a joy meeting so many customers and working with an array of fellow employees
Sales Focused
Multi-Service Banker (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMarch 17, 2017
Over my year at Hancock the emphasis became less on customer service and more on sales. The compensation/bonus structure changed multiple times, getting more and more difficult to reach goals and objectives.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Sales Focused
Very Professional and Quiet Environment.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Lyman, MSFebruary 27, 2017
Working at Hancock Bank was very enjoyable. I was trained by a teller that had a terrific personality. I worked with three wonderful women. I loved my time at Hancock Bank. The Branch Manager was very friendly and welcoming. The hardest part of the job was handling so much money and trying not to make mistakes, which was very difficult when they printed new money. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with so many enjoyable people.
Pros
Easy and relaxed job
Cons
Very small paychecks
Its okay..
Teller (Former Employee) –  Marianna, FLFebruary 20, 2017
Working for Hancock Bank was an experience to say the least. Overall, it wasn't a bad company to work for, but the person who was over my region wasn't so charming. It was very easy to get in trouble/talk termination grounds.
I left
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAFebruary 20, 2017
This was my fun dream job at one time. Policies change and makes it hard to like where you are. I loved the branch I worked at and would never want to work at another branch.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
not enough money
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Nlr, ARFebruary 10, 2017
Hancook its a good temporary job, you learn different skills from there to some of the jobs be hard but its not nothing bad or nothing I couldn't handle
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Hancock Holding Co is a good place to work.
Sr. Acquisition Accountant (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 30, 2017
Hancock Holding Company is a very stable company with good leading management. However, like most companies there are few middle managers who are too self adsorbed and more interested in advancing their career than taking care of their direct reports.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSDecember 14, 2016
Hancock bank is an incredible business to work for. There is so much room to grow and rest your abilities. I know working here has made me a better employee
good compnay with strong culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSNovember 28, 2016
Very much enjoyed my job and associates at this company. Company has a long history on the Gulf Coast of proving excellence in customer service as well as meeting the financial needs of our community.
Exceptional Company to work for
Division Admin Team Member (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLOctober 5, 2016
Hancock Bank had an outstanding training program
exceptional resources for clients
wonderful staff
endless methods of communication internally
wonderful development plans
competitive benefits program
Pros
extensive training program and room for growth
Cons
the company downsized their retail market
decent place to work
Teller III (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 13, 2016
management can be difficult at times but the other coworkers are friendly and easy to get along with don't really know what to put besides that
Professional Workplace
Teller (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 12, 2016
Overall a good place to work. I didn't work there long due to moving out of state. However, if I had not moved, I could have seen myself working there for the rest of my life.
Mortgage loan processor
Mortgage Post Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FL 32405July 12, 2016
answered phones and greeted customer coming in for appointments or questions. Processed legal documents for recording and then shipped loans to lender that purchased the loan.
Great Company - Tough Industry
Financial Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJune 28, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed my venture into banking with this company. I discovered very quickly that the lending industry is one of the most competitive and stressful in the financial sector, and that I was not quite prepared for that level of expectation at this stage in my life.

The pay and benefits are excellent for the position I qualified for, however company restructuring along with FinTech advancements could quickly alter the lending products and services distribution system. Be prepared for the necessary changes!
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
High stressful expectations for a newcomer to the industry
Productive working environment
Document Management Associate (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 25, 2016
The working environment is fast paced. It also challenges you in productivity and learning procedures for scanning documents into the database.
Horrible Company to their employees!
Multi-Service Banker 2 (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 11, 2016
I worked for this company for almost a year. I was 1 day short of working the first quarter of the year when I left. They denied me my incentive pay because I was 1 day short!!! 1 day!!! They owed me over $500 and pretty much stole it from me... Just because I guess they can! This company only cares about the money they can make themselves not at all about the employees! The employees are only numbers not people! I have been in banking for years and this is the worst bank I have ever worked for! Please save yourself the heartache and loss and look elsewhere for employment.
Pros
None!
Cons
Cheat you out of your money!
dysfunctional/ drama/ lied about the salary
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 21, 2016
Benefits good. Managers are rude no knowledge of their job. Always drama with management. Very dysfunctional! By far the worst department! High turn over rate. No one listen. Some managers acts bias and racists! Facts!!!!
Pros
Benefits/ PTO
Cons
Unprofessional staff/ always drama

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hancock Holding Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9