Hancock Holding Company

Hancock Holding Company Employee Reviews in United States

dysfunctional/ drama/ lied about the salary
Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 21, 2016
Benefits good. Managers are rude no knowledge of their job. Always drama with management. Very dysfunctional! By far the worst department! High turn over rate. No one listen. Some managers acts bias and racists! Facts!!!!
Pros
Benefits/ PTO
Cons
Unprofessional staff/ always drama
Relaxed Environment
Commercial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 11, 2015
Relaxed place to work / What you would think of working in the South / Stable job outlook. Bank will not grow unless it buys another (smaller) bank. Not very many young people in the organization.
Pros
good work environment
Cons
salary growth limited
Outstanding professionals
Administrative assistance (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSAugust 12, 2015
Hancock Holding company has great pay and benefits. Also, great opportunity for advancement in career choices. Facilities are outstanding.
Pros
Professionals
Horrible Company to their employees!
Multi-Service Banker 2 (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 11, 2016
I worked for this company for almost a year. I was 1 day short of working the first quarter of the year when I left. They denied me my incentive pay because I was 1 day short!!! 1 day!!! They owed me over $500 and pretty much stole it from me... Just because I guess they can! This company only cares about the money they can make themselves not at all about the employees! The employees are only numbers not people! I have been in banking for years and this is the worst bank I have ever worked for! Please save yourself the heartache and loss and look elsewhere for employment.
Pros
None!
Cons
Cheat you out of your money!
loan operations department
LOAN OPERATIONS SPECIALIST AND CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSFebruary 5, 2016
This was my first job out of the NAVY. Everyone in the staff was very cordial and able to train me and answer questions. Management was always available to help, correct any errors and guide me.

I learned a lot about customer service, telephone etiquette, patience and prioritize the work load.
Worse job ever
Recovery Adjustor (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, MSJuly 8, 2015
Managers and supervisors have no idea how to motivate staff. They only know how to belittle, micro-manage and CYA. I met some nice people and some not so nice.
Pros
Good benifits
Overworked and Unappreciated
Back office operations, Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LaAugust 4, 2014
Poor Management and HR does nothing to step in! Overtime hours are repeatedly asked of to salaried employees, which is UNAPPRECIATED on all levels!!!!!
If there is any time of hurricane, freeze, or any type of emergency, you will be expected to report to work! If not, you WILL have to use your personal, vacation, or sick time!!
Company is nothing but a joke to their employees, and simply out for themselves!!
You will work like a slave since the Whitney/Hancock conversion because the "Big Shots" did not know how to coordinate a merger!!
Pros
wishful thinking!! oh, employee checking account and 1hr lunch!
Cons
management, underpaid, understaffed, no bonuses, small raise!
Productive working environment
Document Management Associate (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 25, 2016
The working environment is fast paced. It also challenges you in productivity and learning procedures for scanning documents into the database.
Hancock was an exceptional company to work for!
Part-Time Teller/Temporary (Former Employee) –  Covington, LANovember 19, 2015
If it weren't for my husband's job causing us to move back to Texas I would have stayed with them indefinitely! I especially liked the core values that were vital to the management and foundation of the company.
If you can't find anything else...
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAOctober 10, 2015
This is a call center, so if you are not used to being yelled at all day by strangers who overdraw their accounts and don't know how a debit card works then this may not be the place for you. Most of the people who work here are not college educated so expect to be amongst a certain "class" of individuals. The pay isn't all that great and you will have to work until 7pm and every Saturday until 2pm when you start. If you have a family, this schedule will be quite inconvenient. They write you up for having your mobile phone on your desk. They want you to be "customer focused". But you barely get a chance to breathe because the calls come in back to back from the time you log into the phone until the time you log off. You have the opportunity to get a bonus if you meet your quality assurance goals. However, the quality advisors who listen to calls find every reason to give you a low score on your calls. So don't expect to get the bonus often. If you can't find anything and you just need some money coming in (which was the situation in my case) this will get you by. You may end up on anti-depressants and begin to hate people, but hey, it's a job.
Pros
Closed on Sundays
Cons
Low pay, Work every Saturday, Unprofessional work environment, Too many rules
Great companybut want to relocate.
Special Assets Officer (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 24, 2013
I moved to Colorado 30 years ago and it changed my life. I wish to return there and finish my work career. I have extensive skills in collection, management, loan operations, 3rd party collections and acccounts payable. I love Hancock Bank and I've been there for 13 yrs all together but I want to return to the West for the end of my work years and my retirement. I know the collection business as well as foreclosures. I have a good work ethic and believe that my employer deserves my best.
Pros
people and benefits
Customer Service Representative/ OS (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSNovember 2, 2015
At this financial establishment I learned an exceptional amount of financial education that I took with me to other places of employment. Hancock bank was a stepping stone. I enjoyed working for this financial institution.
Pros
Amazing co workers
Cons
Didn't enjoy being a floater
Bad Company.....Awful Management
Teller (Former Employee) –  Pensacola MarketApril 15, 2015
I desperately tried getting into banking for quite a few years, and Hancock Bank was the first bank to take a chance, so for that I will be eternally grateful. Other than that, this bank is awful to customers as well as employees.
I advanced at every opportunity that was offered to me for teller levels. I was very good at my job, and loved it. The customers made it worth while.
The Management staff was awful and only looked out for themselves.
I was always a straight and honest person, whether good or bad. They love to step on you and make you feel worthless. I have seen several friends/co-workers get treated extremely poorly for no reason as it to be comical to the management.
I know staying on with this company was not good, but in this economy jobs are hard to come by and I have a family and bills and responsibilities, so I had to stay. I recently left the company, and I am stressed about how to pay my bills, etc. but the weight and burden I no longer feel in working for this company and negative co-workers is amazing.
The HR for this company is just as bad, they will not believe you if you have an issue, they claim they are here for you, BUT that is a lie, My friend and former Co-Worker made a complaint against a Manager, and when I was questioned they did everything in their power to get me to say she was lying. Point blank with this company, you are just someone to fill a seat, and if you cant hack it, then you are out or they will make your work life miserable for you until you leave.
There are great people that work for this company, don't get me wrong, but
  more... the people I worked with everyday, had a holier than thou attitude, but they are some of the most awful and judgmental women I unfortunately know. I know I wasn't perfect but I never claimed to be something that I wasn't. I was straight forward and knowledgeable, and did amazing work. But I would not conform to be someone who would allow someone to treat me poorly and unfairly.
If you work with the right people in the right branch, then you may be successful with this company, but things are always changing with this company, so don't expect stability.
Pros
Vacation Time
Cons
Bad Pay, Poor Benefits, Awful Management
Good hours,weekends and Holidays off
Adjustor II/ Recoveries & Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, MSJuly 22, 2015
Collecting on the phones for risk management of overdrawn checking accounts, past due loans. I learned how not to manage employees. Most of my coworkers just did enough to get by. Dealing with the abuse of management and the different rules that were enforced by different supervisors in the same department. The steady pay and time off.
Pros
Free lunches
Going Nowhere Since Merger
Credit Administration (Former Employee) –  New OrleansFebruary 2, 2013
Hancock went from being a 9 Billion dollar bank to a 20 Billion dollar bank overnight when it merged with the larger & more dynamic Whitney Bank. Many Long time Whitney employees have retired or left for better paying jobs leaving Hancock understaffed, underpaid, & overworked. Having operated as a small town Gulfport bank until merging with Whitney, Hancock's overall guidance is weak from the top down, which has contributed to low employee morale. This bank won't exist for long on this course.
benefits
Cons
inexperienced guidance from the top down
Stressful, demanding, for little reward
Department manager & VP (Former Employee) –  LouisianaDecember 25, 2012
Long hours, very demanding, annual pay increases < 3% for back office positions, very little promotion from within. Some areas are better to work in than others, but not a great place to work overall.
Pros
good vacation policy, decent benefits
Cons
highly demanding, stressful
Teller position
Teller (Former Employee) –  Greenville, ALSeptember 24, 2015
I worked as a teller helping customers with their banking needs such as deposits, check cashing, & making payments. Also helped them over the phone.
All around awesome company to work for.
Teller III and Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Moss Point, MSApril 10, 2012
Management is will to help you reach any goals you have set for yourself. The pay is very competitive. Not too busy, not too slow. Great opportunities for advancement if you put forth the effort. You have Quotas to meet, but get bonuses for meeting them and or for surpassing them. You have to work some Saturdays, but you get to take time off in the middle of the week for the hours you worked on that Saturday. You do not have to work too late, or go in to early. A great Job and Company.
Pros
great pay, advancement, bonuses, recognition when doing good
Cons
having to work saturday
Hancock Bank is a very personable company
Supervisor-Louisiana Call Center (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 9, 2013
Working at Hancock Bank was a great experiences unfortunately i was laid off due to a merger with Whitney Bank.
Pros
being able to assist with finical need
Cons
salary
Workplace
Data Integrity Specialist/Fulfillment Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJuly 18, 2015
Typical days consisted of ensuring that sales floor was fully stocked for customer and assist customers in locating merchandise. Co-worker were always helpful and enjoyable to work with.