Hancock Holding Company

Hancock Holding Company Employer Reviews

Productive and Professional place to work
Paidout/ Negotiable Clerk (Current Employee), Long Beach MsAugust 25, 2014
Pros: jean day on friday's, off all holidays
Cons: healthcare
I started out at Hancock Bank August 2005. Hancock Bank has been a nice place to work. I have learned alot of things that i did not know. Co workers we also fun to work with. I've gotten along with everyone that i have worked with. The manager of this position was enjoyable. She stood up for her employees when no one else would. The only thing that – more... i didnt like, is that my job transition to Montgomery Al and i wasn't able to follow it because i couldnt afford the move. Over all, Hancock Bank is a enjoyable company to work for. – less
productive place with friendly staff
Teller (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSAugust 18, 2014
Pros: a free lunch hour
Cons: no healthcare
I worked as a teller. I learned to work quickly with money. Counting down the contents of a cash drawer and compiling the amount with check totals could sometimes be challenging. I enjoyed the staff and the memorable times.
productive work
Temporary Asistant (Former Employee), longbeach, msAugust 16, 2014
tyipical day of work consited of administrating and organizational skills for declined loan applications. Emailing constantly, and keeping up with data entry.
Great branch. ..Bad company
Teller (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 12, 2014
Pros: lack of pay.....lack of advancement....short handed.... lack of communication
Cons: great branch
This job is frustrating. Will not promote even if there are openings but won't tell you why. Very bad company to work for If you like communication. . Treated very bad for little pay. I'll tell anyone to stay away. Management is horrible and only look out for themselves. If you let them you will be the ground they walk on. STAY AWAY if you respect yourself – more... and your career. – less
Overworked and Unappreciated
Back office operations, Specialist (Former Employee), New Orleans, LaAugust 4, 2014
Pros: wishful thinking!! oh, employee checking account and 1hr lunch!
Cons: management, underpaid, understaffed, no bonuses, small raise!
Poor Management and HR does nothing to step in! Overtime hours are repeatedly asked of to salaried employees, which is UNAPPRECIATED on all levels!!!!!
If there is any time of hurricane, freeze, or any type of emergency, you will be expected to report to work! If not, you WILL have to use your personal, vacation, or sick time!!
Company is nothing but – more... a joke to their employees, and simply out for themselves!!
You will work like a slave since the Whitney/Hancock conversion because the "Big Shots" did not know how to coordinate a merger!! – less
A bank that cares little for customers or employees
Floater Teller (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: banking hours, lots of holidays off.
Cons: ludicrous sales expectations, relatively poor bank products.
I was on the division administrative team with HHC and later transitioned to full-time teller.

Banking hours are great and I do miss the set schedule. However, management has incredibly lofty sales goals for tellers. The problem is, frankly, Hancock Bank products following the merger with Whitney are not easy to sell, as they are pretty lousy compared – more... to major banks and any credit union.

I found it difficult to sell bank products and services knowing what Hancock offers isn't all that great. Bank accounts with minimum balance requirements with NO direct deposit exceptions? Mortgage and auto loan rates multiple points higher than the credit unions? Credit Cards with lousy rewards? People can do better, and I felt complicit in signing people up for terrible products and services. Honestly, it broke my heart seeing regular customers being nickel and dimed by account changes that came post-merger. Banks shouldn't operate that way.

My co-workers were wonderful. I worked with great people. Upper management was stiff and unwavering, as you might expect. You've got to play the game to get noticed and promoted- namely, fleece people into opening accounts, loans, etc. If you're the kind of person who relies on objectivity and principles and won't blindly push sub-par banking products so you can get ahead...go find a nice credit union to work at. – less
productive and sometimes hectic, but fun workplace
Teller (Former Employee), picayune, msJuly 15, 2014
busy and productive awesome customers and fun place to work
Computers, Skating, Teaching Children
Item Processing/Balance Clerk (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALJune 30, 2014
Pros: working from home
Cons: short breaks
Well rounded; pleasant personality; and Stable.

Fun; Sense of humor; Love to skate; likes to play ping pong. Outdoors,
Productive and fun
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), Long Beach, MSJune 26, 2014
Pros: corporate mail room
Cons: all chiefs no indians
This job had it's ups and down.
It was fun sometimes
Corporate mail room service
Co-workers were ok
the hardest part of the job
The job policies and procedures
changed all the time
The job itself was fun
Lack of care..and unprofessional
Teller IV (Current Employee), Houma, LAMay 16, 2014
Cons: low pay stressful long banking hours no respect
For a professional business this company is by far the worst. Management cares nothing about employees. Does not care about your physical being. Will back talk on you in a hurry. And the level of respect they have none for lil tellers. This is more of a college student job whose parents still supports them.
great place to work
teller (Current Employee), Poplarville, MSMarch 16, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: pay
Really like working here if I wasn't moving I would stay working for this company.
Good career building company
GL Business Systems Analyst II (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSMarch 2, 2014
Fast growing bank with a big potential for career building.
Great working environment with room for advancement
Direct Banking Sales Associate (Former Employee), Long Beach, MSFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: employee appreciation/recognition and incentive
Cons: micromanaged
•Helped and directed members to the correct departments, and assisted with account information and difficulties.
•Learned to listen to the needs of each member to determin the best resolution for any problems
Good job but not the best pay.
TELLER (Former Employee), Parrish, FLJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: stable job with great customers.
Cons: pay
The job had some advancement opportunities however management in the branch was not supportive of it.
Productive and mission oriented
Data Integrity Compliance Specialist (Current Employee), Long Beach, MSDecember 21, 2013
Pros: monday through friday 8 to 5 schdule
Cons: not enough pay for the amount of work
A typical day at work, I will Process denied loan applications, send out letters of incompleteness to customers for loans that the lender did not make a decision on, barcode applications to be sent to imaging, and log all originated loans plus denied, withdrawn, and approved not accepted loans. I will also deal with credit disputes that customers report – more... to one of the three major credit bureaus and give an in-depth financial analysis on the customers account to ensure accurate credit reporting. The management is very hands off and lets you do what needs to be done. My co-workers are all very enjoyable to work with and are easy to talk to if I have questions. The hardest part of my job for me, would be sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day behind a computer and the most enjoyable part of my job is the very laid back environment. – less
Educational Experience
Adjustor I / Mortgage (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSNovember 25, 2013
Hancock Holding Company was an educational experience as well as a terrific job. Learning the process of collections to consumer and mortgage loans has give me the tools to be successful in those areas.
learned a lot
Mortgage Loan Processor, Residential Lending (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSNovember 21, 2013
Processing of Government and Conventional Loans
Comparison of Factual Credit Report and Loan Application to confirm all debt in order to accurately qualify a borrower based on credit
Order and review of all appraisals
Maintaining contact with the borrower as well as the agent and/or builder on the status of the loan application process
Good bank to work for.
Direct Banking Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSOctober 19, 2013
Pros: the bank took good care of it's employees.
Cons: was difficult for me to advance.
Was on the phone all day. Conducted interviews for loans and other products.
Great place, good pay
Teller (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSOctober 2, 2013
Great place to work. Keeps you busy. Good pay and you don't even have to have experience.
The top producing branch in the Jacksonville region
Teller Manager (Former Employee), Palm Coast, FLOctober 2, 2013
Pros: healthcare, incentives
Cons: had to work on some holidays and saturdays
It was interesting working there every day, the customer and co-workers were great people. I learned how to give the best customer service that I can. The management was very supportive and helped when needed and did coaching with each employee.
The hardest part of the job was selling other products to the customers and the most enjoyable was also the – more... customers, the co-workers and the team that we had. Everything we did was a team effort. – less

1 2 3