Hancock Holding Company

Hancock Holding Company Employee Reviews

Great Starting Place
Teller (Current Employee), MSJune 10, 2015
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: standing for excessive periods
Definitely a great place to work. The team is very helpful. A company that definitely wants you to succeed and goes great lengths to help you do so.
Assisting Customers with Financial Needs
Multi-Service Banker 2 (Former Employee), Houma, LAJune 9, 2015
Pros: learning different fields in banking
Cons: not being stationary at one branch
Dealing with different customer personalities.
Learned to have a great deal of patience.
No customers have the same needs
Supervisor was fair
I worked with amazing people, learned a lot, and enjoyed my time with Hancock Bank.
Sr. Consumer/Commercial Loan Processor (Former Employee), Long Beach, MSJune 3, 2015
I loved working for Hancock Bank. I learned a lot about banking and made a lot of caring, charitable, loyal people that made going to work every day enjoyable.
Bad Company.....Awful Management
Teller (Former Employee), Pensacola MarketApril 15, 2015
Pros: Vacation Time
Cons: Bad Pay, Poor Benefits, Awful Management
I desperately tried getting into banking for quite a few years, and Hancock Bank was the first bank to take a chance, so for that I will be eternally grateful. Other than that, this bank is awful to customers as well as employees.
I advanced at every opportunity that was offered to me for teller levels. I was very good at my job, and loved it. The customers made it worth while.
The Management staff was awful and only looked out for themselves.
I was always a straight and honest person, whether good or bad. They love to step on you and make you feel worthless. I have seen several friends/co-workers get treated extremely poorly for no reason as it to be comical to the management.
I know staying on with this company was not good, but in this economy jobs are hard to come by and I have a family and bills and responsibilities, so I had to stay. I recently left the company, and I am stressed about how to pay my bills, etc. but the weight and burden I no longer feel in working for this company and negative co-workers is amazing.
The HR for this company is just as bad, they will not believe you if you have an issue, they claim they are here for you, BUT that is a lie, My friend and former Co-Worker made a complaint against a Manager, and when I was questioned they did everything in their power to get me to say she was lying. Point blank with this company, you are just someone to fill a seat, and if you cant hack it, then you are out or they will make your work life miserable for you until you leave.
There are great people that work for this company, don't get me wrong, but – more... the people I worked with everyday, had a holier than thou attitude, but they are some of the most awful and judgmental women I unfortunately know. I know I wasn't perfect but I never claimed to be something that I wasn't. I was straight forward and knowledgeable, and did amazing work. But I would not conform to be someone who would allow someone to treat me poorly and unfairly.
If you work with the right people in the right branch, then you may be successful with this company, but things are always changing with this company, so don't expect stability. – less
Other Real Estate/Foreclosure Assistant (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSMarch 24, 2015
I enjoyed this position very much. I liked learned new things and being responsible for quite a few very important tasks. I got along great with my co-works as well as the management. I was an assistant to 4 people in upper management by the time I terminated my employment. I only terminated to stay at home with my young children.
Strong Bank
AVP/Retail Portfolio Analyst (Former Employee), OrlandoMarch 5, 2015
Great products, Gulf Coast Bank serving their community well. Stable bank, decent products, long term employees. Great customer service.
Lighthearted
Banker II (Former Employee), Greenville, ALFebruary 24, 2015
In this job, remember not to take your work home!
The days are relatively short.
The hardest part of the job is disgruntled customers.
Hard work, Good People, and Getting The Job Done Right!!
Corporate Trust Payment Specialist, Trust Officer (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: easy parking, and very reasonably priced.
Cons: none that mattered.
My time at Hancock was great. Working in an environment that promoted team-work, harmony, and aggressive cross-training the people I worked gave new meaning to the word 'Professional.'

As crazy as it sounds, everyone on the team looked forward to coming to work.
finanicial instutition
Teller (Current Employee), Gulfport, MSJanuary 24, 2015
I enjoy my job. I love interacting with customers. Everyone makes the days go by fast. The customers are very friendly. My co workers make the job a place that you would want to be. They are like my second family. Hancock Bank is just like one big family that is there for one another.
Poor management
Top producer (Former Employee), WhitneyJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: nepotism
Management is worried about themselves! Leaders (none there) worry about employees.
Productive work environment
Bank Teller I (Former Employee), Picayune, MSJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great coworkers and managers.
Cons: policies and procedures constantly changing.
A typical day at work consisted of completing customer transactions, informing customers of new/products that will benefit them, and working bank bags for businesses. The hardest part of my job was adjusting to policies and procedures because they were constantly changing. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with customers and the satisfaction of knowing that I was able to assist them.
Recoveries
Collections Adjustor (Current Employee), Long Beach, MSJanuary 5, 2015
Cons: alot of lazy people that management over looks, hancock/whitney bank merger
Calling customer to collect on past due, charge off loans, checking and savings accounts. contacting branch to research what happened prior to account coming over to collections.
A great workplace
Multi-Service Banker (Current Employee), TallahasseeJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: fast growth within the company
Cons: a lot of changes
Hancock Bank is a great place to work and great environment. The employees are great, very friendly, and open-minded individuals. Management is great and helps motivate their employees. There are many incentives and a great opportunity to move up within the company.
Pay not great
Customer Service/Document Analyst (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSNovember 17, 2014
The atmosphere is ok, but the pay was not great for the amount of work they demand.
N/A
Commercial Loan Processor (Former Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 29, 2014
• Conduct/assess financial processes to ensure fiscal accuracy for commercial loan, renewal, charge-off account advance processing initiatives. Perform comprehensive account transactions and reconciliations and document transaction history by creating the customer commercial record. Maintain/update commitments, indirect liabilities, commercial loan audits, as well as commercial loan collateral maintenance.
• Assisted The Genesis technical team (Computer Programmers) with the implementation of banking programs (SilverLake Systems), software and debugging that was beneficial to the financial institution.
• Perform technical duties within the department that the help desk had in queue.
• Ability to provide first-level support for hardware, software or peripheral equipment
• Helped team members’ trouble shoot minor problems within the department
• Kept inventory of all the computers that were located in the department
• Call vendors and order supplies that were in need.
• Handles an average of 300 maintenance requests monthly that are received by mail, email, fax, phone and by
the TOOLS request system. Responsible to research and analyze requests verifying it as valid and within scope of authority. Then process requests received within the departmental established Service Level Agreements. This includes but is not limited changes to loan customer information, billing, billing disputes, credit reporting, loan coding, product and collateral data, payment posting corrections, verifying system calculations and creating loan amortizations, and waiving fees or interest
• Responsible for follow up communication on maintenance requests, and informing Service Manager daily of any
unresolved request(s)
Productive-friendly
Paid Out Associate (Former Employee), long beach, msSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: too many outside smokers--not area for non-smokers
Busy from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Learned to process paid out vehicle loans. Loans were paid by customer, dealerships and insurance companies. Learned how to prepare lien releases for customer who has lost title to vehicle.
Management was fair
Co workers were easy to get along with. We were all team players
Hardest part was trying to help customer who was not satisfied with any solution to their problem
I loved everything about the job.
Teller
Bank / Vault Teller (Former Employee), Opelousas, LASeptember 24, 2014
Perform customer transactions. Sell different types of bank products.
Very Busy
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSSeptember 23, 2014
I learned alot working at the bank. It has probably been my favorite job so far. I just like the line of work it is and I love the co workers I had. The hardest part some days was having to count the large amount of money that needed to be counted at the end of the day.
Not managed well.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Gulf Breeze, FLAugust 28, 2014
As the Customer Service Supervisor, I supervised 3 tellers, balanced the vault and my drawer, did the monthly scheduling and ordering for the branch and never missed one day of work.

I learned that the branch manager would only be there one full day a week.
I also learned that my co-workers were difficult and negative.

Monthly scheduling was the hardest. Second hardest was ordering products since they all came from different companies.

My most enjoyable part of the job was bringing sunshine to a gloomy workplace and seeing people smile, whether customers or employees.
Productive and Professional place to work
Paidout/ Negotiable Clerk (Current Employee), Long Beach MsAugust 25, 2014
Pros: jean day on friday's, off all holidays
Cons: healthcare
I started out at Hancock Bank August 2005. Hancock Bank has been a nice place to work. I have learned alot of things that i did not know. Co workers we also fun to work with. I've gotten along with everyone that i have worked with. The manager of this position was enjoyable. She stood up for her employees when no one else would. The only thing that i didnt like, is that my job transition to Montgomery Al and i wasn't able to follow it because i couldnt afford the move. Over all, Hancock Bank is a enjoyable company to work for.

1 2 3 4

About Hancock Holding Company

Hancock Holding Company (Nasdaq: HBHC) is a multi-faceted financial services company with regional business headquarters and – Read more

Hancock Holding Company Salaries