Hancock Holding Company

Hancock Holding Company Employer Reviews

Hard work, Good People, and Getting The Job Done Right!!
Corporate Trust Payment Specialist, Trust Officer (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: easy parking, and very reasonably priced.
Cons: none that mattered.
My time at Hancock was great. Working in an environment that promoted team-work, harmony, and aggressive cross-training the people I worked gave new meaning to the word 'Professional.'

As crazy as it sounds, everyone on the team looked forward to coming to work.
finanicial instutition
Teller (Current Employee), Gulfport, MSJanuary 24, 2015
I enjoy my job. I love interacting with customers. Everyone makes the days go by fast. The customers are very friendly. My co workers make the job a place that you would want to be. They are like my second family. Hancock Bank is just like one big family that is there for one another.
Poor management
Top producer (Former Employee), WhitneyJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: nepotism
Management is worried about themselves! Leaders (none there) worry about employees.
Productive work environment
Bank Teller I (Former Employee), Picayune, MSJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great coworkers and managers.
Cons: policies and procedures constantly changing.
A typical day at work consisted of completing customer transactions, informing customers of new/products that will benefit them, and working bank bags for businesses. The hardest part of my job was adjusting to policies and procedures because they were constantly changing. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with customers and the satisfaction of knowing that I was able to assist them.
Recoveries
Collections Adjustor (Current Employee), Long Beach, MSJanuary 5, 2015
Cons: alot of lazy people that management over looks, hancock/whitney bank merger
Calling customer to collect on past due, charge off loans, checking and savings accounts. contacting branch to research what happened prior to account coming over to collections.
A great workplace
Multi-Service Banker (Current Employee), TallahasseeJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: fast growth within the company
Cons: a lot of changes
Hancock Bank is a great place to work and great environment. The employees are great, very friendly, and open-minded individuals. Management is great and helps motivate their employees. There are many incentives and a great opportunity to move up within the company.
Pay not great
Customer Service/Document Analyst (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSNovember 17, 2014
The atmosphere is ok, but the pay was not great for the amount of work they demand.
N/A
Commercial Loan Processor (Former Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 29, 2014
• Conduct/assess financial processes to ensure fiscal accuracy for commercial loan, renewal, charge-off account advance processing initiatives. Perform comprehensive account transactions and reconciliations and document transaction history by creating the customer commercial record. Maintain/update commitments, indirect liabilities, commercial loan audits, as well as commercial loan collateral maintenance.
• Assisted The Genesis technical team (Computer Programmers) with the implementation of banking programs (SilverLake Systems), software and debugging that was beneficial to the financial institution.
• Perform technical duties within the department that the help desk had in queue.
• Ability to provide first-level support for hardware, software or peripheral equipment
• Helped team members’ trouble shoot minor problems within the department
• Kept inventory of all the computers that were located in the department
• Call vendors and order supplies that were in need.
• Handles an average of 300 maintenance requests monthly that are received by mail, email, fax, phone and by
the TOOLS request system. Responsible to research and analyze requests verifying it as valid and within scope of authority. Then process requests received within the departmental established Service Level Agreements. This includes but is not limited changes to loan customer information, billing, billing disputes, credit reporting, loan coding, product and collateral data, payment posting corrections, verifying system calculations and creating loan amortizations, and waiving fees or interest
• Responsible for follow up communication on maintenance requests, and informing Service Manager daily of any
unresolved request(s)
Productive-friendly
Paid Out Associate (Former Employee), long beach, msSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: healthcare
Cons: too many outside smokers--not area for non-smokers
Busy from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Learned to process paid out vehicle loans. Loans were paid by customer, dealerships and insurance companies. Learned how to prepare lien releases for customer who has lost title to vehicle.
Management was fair
Co workers were easy to get along with. We were all team players
Hardest part was trying to help customer who was not satisfied with any solution to their problem
I loved everything about the job.
Teller
Bank / Vault Teller (Former Employee), Opelousas, LASeptember 24, 2014
Perform customer transactions. Sell different types of bank products.
Very Busy
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSSeptember 23, 2014
I learned alot working at the bank. It has probably been my favorite job so far. I just like the line of work it is and I love the co workers I had. The hardest part some days was having to count the large amount of money that needed to be counted at the end of the day.
Not managed well.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Gulf Breeze, FLAugust 28, 2014
As the Customer Service Supervisor, I supervised 3 tellers, balanced the vault and my drawer, did the monthly scheduling and ordering for the branch and never missed one day of work.

I learned that the branch manager would only be there one full day a week.
I also learned that my co-workers were difficult and negative.

Monthly scheduling was the hardest. Second hardest was ordering products since they all came from different companies.

My most enjoyable part of the job was bringing sunshine to a gloomy workplace and seeing people smile, whether customers or employees.
Productive and Professional place to work
Paidout/ Negotiable Clerk (Current Employee), Long Beach MsAugust 25, 2014
Pros: jean day on friday's, off all holidays
Cons: healthcare
I started out at Hancock Bank August 2005. Hancock Bank has been a nice place to work. I have learned alot of things that i did not know. Co workers we also fun to work with. I've gotten along with everyone that i have worked with. The manager of this position was enjoyable. She stood up for her employees when no one else would. The only thing that i didnt like, is that my job transition to Montgomery Al and i wasn't able to follow it because i couldnt afford the move. Over all, Hancock Bank is a enjoyable company to work for.
productive place with friendly staff
Teller (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSAugust 18, 2014
Pros: a free lunch hour
Cons: no healthcare
I worked as a teller. I learned to work quickly with money. Counting down the contents of a cash drawer and compiling the amount with check totals could sometimes be challenging. I enjoyed the staff and the memorable times.
productive work
Temporary Asistant (Former Employee), longbeach, msAugust 16, 2014
tyipical day of work consited of administrating and organizational skills for declined loan applications. Emailing constantly, and keeping up with data entry.
Great branch. ..Bad company
Teller (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 12, 2014
Pros: lack of pay.....lack of advancement....short handed.... lack of communication
Cons: great branch
This job is frustrating. Will not promote even if there are openings but won't tell you why. Very bad company to work for If you like communication. . Treated very bad for little pay. I'll tell anyone to stay away. Management is horrible and only look out for themselves. If you let them you will be the ground they walk on. STAY AWAY if you respect yourself and your career.
Overworked and Unappreciated
Back office operations, Specialist (Former Employee), New Orleans, LaAugust 4, 2014
Pros: wishful thinking!! oh, employee checking account and 1hr lunch!
Cons: management, underpaid, understaffed, no bonuses, small raise!
Poor Management and HR does nothing to step in! Overtime hours are repeatedly asked of to salaried employees, which is UNAPPRECIATED on all levels!!!!!
If there is any time of hurricane, freeze, or any type of emergency, you will be expected to report to work! If not, you WILL have to use your personal, vacation, or sick time!!
Company is nothing but a joke to their employees, and simply out for themselves!!
You will work like a slave since the Whitney/Hancock conversion because the "Big Shots" did not know how to coordinate a merger!!
A bank that cares little for customers or employees
Floater Teller (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: banking hours, lots of holidays off.
Cons: ludicrous sales expectations, relatively poor bank products.
I was on the division administrative team with HHC and later transitioned to full-time teller.

Banking hours are great and I do miss the set schedule. However, management has incredibly lofty sales goals for tellers. The problem is, frankly, Hancock Bank products following the merger with Whitney are not easy to sell, as they are pretty lousy compared to major banks and any credit union.

I found it difficult to sell bank products and services knowing what Hancock offers isn't all that great. Bank accounts with minimum balance requirements with NO direct deposit exceptions? Mortgage and auto loan rates multiple points higher than the credit unions? Credit Cards with lousy rewards? People can do better, and I felt complicit in signing people up for terrible products and services. Honestly, it broke my heart seeing regular customers being nickel and dimed by account changes that came post-merger. Banks shouldn't operate that way.

My co-workers were wonderful. I worked with great people. Upper management was stiff and unwavering, as you might expect. You've got to play the game to get noticed and promoted- namely, fleece people into opening accounts, loans, etc. If you're the kind of person who relies on objectivity and principles and won't blindly push sub-par banking products so you can get ahead...go find a nice credit union to work at.
productive and sometimes hectic, but fun workplace
Teller (Former Employee), picayune, msJuly 15, 2014
busy and productive awesome customers and fun place to work
Computers, Skating, Teaching Children
Item Processing/Balance Clerk (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALJune 30, 2014
Pros: working from home
Cons: short breaks
Well rounded; pleasant personality; and Stable.

Fun; Sense of humor; Love to skate; likes to play ping pong. Outdoors,