HANDS

HANDS Employee Reviews

My job Summary
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), bala cynwood paMay 6, 2015
Pros: patients
Cons: short days
A typical day at work is hardwork and worth it, dealing with patients are the best part of my job.
Ive learned that patience is good to have when your dealing with patients.
Management is great to great along with.
Co-workers are sometimes okay and sometimes not always a team player.
The hardest part of my job is to see the patients struggle with everyday life.
The most enjoyable part is knowing that i have made a patient smile that day.
good environment
LHV (Former Employee), Badin, NCJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free tea
Cons: health care
i learned many things
computer skills increases
training are most enjoyable
"HANDS" (just hands on experience and volunteer) not actual company
assisting the elderly (Former Employee), ReedleyMay 27, 2014
Back in 2006 as i was going to Reedley College, i was gaining some hands on experience helping the elderly. Through Reedley College.
Dealing with lots of senions and children,and the disable.Showing arts and crafts.
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), Fresno, CAMay 16, 2014
Pros: free snacks and food.
Cons: n/a
Dealing with lots of seniors and children, and the disable. Showing arts and crafts.
Not too much of a bad place to work, just needed a bit more organizing
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 29, 2014
I usually received a call 1hr before I was needed to show up to a patients house, and if for some reason I couldn't make it, it was said that I am un reliable.. besides that the manager was a pretty nice lady.
A stable and exciting job
In home Caregiver (Former Employee), Austin, TXDecember 23, 2013
Pros: i wasnt just sitting all day i was interacting with new people.
Cons: the distance between my clients.
working at Hands was fun and exciting I loved being able to asist the elderly and the disabled in cooking, cleaning, exercising(walking) and spending time with them.It didnt only feel like a job it felt like I was spending time with family.I am dedicatied to my work,I am a very heard worker and,I am very dependable.
Teaches you a lot about market research
Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 16, 2013
Incorporate the online, partners and markets sales into spreadsheets in order to analyze market trends in order to forecast future sales and ensure production meets the necessary quotas. I was in charged of ten employees who ensured the product was being manufactured, delivered and stored in order to meet the demand for our product. In the past four years our company has grown and expanded making it challenging to predict and forecast necessary increments in our inventory. The highlight of the job was to covert an idea into a profitable company that provides natural products to many individuals around Las Vegas.
Loved working with clients
Assistant (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LANovember 29, 2013
Pros: excellent pay
Cons: lack of advancement, no room to grow in the company
My typical day was travel 45 minutes to my clients house, wake client for shower and breakfast. We would then leave to visit family. In- between patient would receive medication. Once home for the evening I would continue preparation of meals, cleaning, and spending time on activities with client.
busy work
Massage Therapist (Current Employee), mobile massageNovember 9, 2013
Pros: flexiable schedule
Cons: owner does everything including massaging
Christian based, privately owned; no co-workers. the hardest part is doing everything yourself
excellent pkace to work
Clerical/ Teachers Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 26, 2013
Pros: was not stuck in the office all day
Working for CHAMP was a great experience. It really introduced me to what a non profit organization really did. a typical day at the office i would updater our data with new donators and new clientele and i would see what events we had planned for the day. Some of our events that we would do would be Public service announcements raising awareness about HIV and AIDS.
Personally very rewarding charity to work with
Project Manager (Current Employee), Solon, OHSeptember 5, 2013
We are a faith-based charity serving families transitioning out of shelters and into homes of their own. My personal goal is to get enough cribs so that no child is sleeping on the floor. It is the most enjoyable work I have ever done.
Oversee operations that includes stuff supervision and training.
Retail Sales Associate/Representative (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 17, 2012
Pros: flexible
Cons: doesn't pay what i am acustom to.
Maintain high standards of quality and productivity to ensure ongoing business development and professional grwth of staff. Facilitate ongoing communications by coveying objectives clearly and effectively.
creative and fun work place
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee), Great Falls, MTAugust 27, 2012
Pros: worked with my school schedule
Cons: punishing the children
Possibly the best job I've ever had. Our responsibilities of school included making sure the kids were well behaved as much as they were having fun. Also, reviewing what they learned that day and what homework they were given that is to be finished.
I learned how hard it would be to be a kid again, let alone watch them.
The hardest part of the job was having to be an authority figure and not a friend to the kids if they misbehaved.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having kids tell you that they wished I was their teacher.
Knowledgable staff
Internship (Former Employee), Passaic, NJJune 11, 2012
Great culture to work in, because staff knwoledge made assignments easy