The Community Lead, on behalf of HandsOn Central Ohio, will provide services in support of Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Enrollment Assistance Program (EAP). The purpose of the EAP is to provide consumers with in-person support services to facilitate their enrollment in Qualified Health Plans (QHPs) through the Affordable Care Act (ACA). The Community Lead will work with the local Site Supervisor to develop ongoing relationships with key agencies and organizations within the community to facilitate the education and enrollment of consumers, 18 - 35 years of age, into Qualified Health Plans. This position will be available in alignment with the grant funding available October 1, 2013 through August 31, 2014.
- Develop relationships with local agencies and organizations to support ongoing efforts to educate and enroll consumers into QHPs
- Identify locations where In-Person Assisters can maintain a presence on a predetermined schedule (such a local libraries, community centers, etc.)
- Identify and arrange for EAP participation in local events, such as community health fairs, job fairs, and other locations where the target population frequents
- Represent HandsOn Central Ohio, CMS and Cognosante in a positive way throughout the community
- Develop and maintain a Community Outreach plan
- Develop reports
- Document hours worked
- Follow established employment policies
Excellent PC Skills - must be proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access). MS Access and good organizational skills are a must. Basic experience in making travel arrangements. Able to provide own transportation and cell phone. Prior experience in scheduling and facilitating meetings. Good communication skills both oral and written. Must be able to work in a fast paced and deadline driven environment and work minimal overtime as required. Works well in a group setting and can work independently. Able to work up to 40 hours per week – hours are flexible. Must conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times.
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and three to four years related experience, or High School diploma and three to four years of related experience. Associate’s degree may be substituted with 1 to 2 years of experience relative to the specific position.
This position is available immediately and is for fixed term beginning Oct 1, 2013 and ending no later than August 31, 2014. The hourly rate of pay has been set at $12-$14/hour for actual hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours in any single week. Social Security and Worker’s Compensation is employer paid. Pre-approved transportation costs will be reimbursed up to $500.00 per month. This position is temporary.
Please submit cover letter and resume by October 18, 2013 to:
VP of Information & Disaster Services
HandsOn Central Ohio
195 N. Grant Ave.
Columbus, OH 43215