The Volunteer Assistant will work with the RSVP staff and 25 volunteers dedicated as Certified Application Counselors to develop the partnership with the local Community Action Agency. Volunteers will reach out to educate the population of Columbus and Franklin County about their options for obtaining insurance coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace.
RSVP is the country’s largest volunteer program from adults. Members are 55 years of age and over.
The Volunteer Assistant will also maintain hours and files of RSVP program volunteers and assist in developing volunteer sites.
This is a part-time, temporary position at 20 hrs/wk that may include minimal evening and/or weekends through September 28, 2014. Salary is $10.60 hr.
- Assist in recruiting volunteers for Building Healthy Futures and other RSVP projects
- Assist in the management and retention of Building Healthy Futures volunteers
- Maintain files for volunteers
- Develop volunteer sites for ongoing volunteers
- Assist with special event in November
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience as a volunteer and/or volunteer management
- Comfortable working with older adults
- Knowledge of area human services agencies.
- Some college preferred
- Basic computer skills, will learn dedicated database software.
- Professional communications both written and verbal
- Creates reports and maintains documentation
- Must provide own transportation to and from partnership locations
- Must work independently and in a team environment
- Professional demeanor
Please submit cover letter and resume by October 21, 2013 to:
Martha Weger, RSVP Director
HandsOn Central Ohio
195 N. Grant Ave.
Columbus, OH 43215
614.221.6766 xtn 152