Handyman Matters Employee Reviews

Sounds like a good crew to work with8l
Hard surface interior custom homes and businesses (Current Employee) –  I work out of Ken Taylor Carpets & FlooringNovember 4, 2016
I like everything about it I've been doing this for about 13year my dad39 uand he still works with.Where just really slow looking for any kind of work out there if you can do it our way very good installers. Have all around tools. Stephen Schoettler
Pros
Get to see how badass you job looks
do it yourself
Tradesman (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJune 19, 2016
They send u places tell u how to bid the job,or they do it themselves when big job. Get it done within the price/hrs whatever everything on yourself give them the check n get your hourly wage!! They a joke.. Might as well do it yourself!!
Pros
find the work
Cons
you do everything anyways. no help no guidance they just want their cut for your work
Not a good place to work
Chraftsman (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 15, 2016
A lot of driving. I put over 3000 miles on my own truck in one month. There are no benifits. You must own almost every tool made to be able to do the jobs required. There is no tool reimbersement. They constantly call when you are on the job asking about upcoming jobs. They expect the craftsman to do their appraisals on upcoming jobs. The management is rude and overbearing. Customers should keep an eye on the work being done and track time. Management will bill more hours than actually done.
lack of fairness,Pittston pa
Craftsman (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAMarch 8, 2016
Favoritism within organization, leadership poor. Customers and overall company great but not in NEPA
Day to day no schedule
Pros
customers
Cons
ownership
My experience
Craftsman (Former Employee) –  MDJuly 20, 2015
Handyman Matters is a very productive company to wok with. Working with Handyman Matters requires extensive knowledge in every facet of building repairs. Management is good, and co workers work as a team when required. We share our knowledge with each other when needed. The hardest part of the job is the extensive travel for min hrs of work, lack of compensation for the extensive travel, gas usage,vehichle upkeep,and inclement weather conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing my customers are satisfied with my professionalism, and workmanship, and that they are confident in me getting the job done correctly through my knowledge and skill.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
no health benefits, or company vehichles
will have you driving for 3 hours for 1 hour of work ,no compensation
former tradesman (Former Employee) –  RogersJuly 7, 2015
Seriously lacking in office coordination . If you like having to deal with angry customers when you get to the job, and having your wages cut to minimum wage when they miss bid the job then this is for you
Favortisum is a game they play - former employee
Handyman (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 9, 2015
Management does not know how to run the business, If they don't like your work instead of letting you go they tell you 'we don't know where to place you'
A good place to work.
Maintenance and Repair Worker (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INOctober 1, 2014
I aided the manager on all aspects of home repair. I learned a lot about organization.
A great place to work!
Craftsman (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 3, 2013
A great place to work with a diversity of duties. I've learned many new job skills.
Great Job!
Lead assitant Handman (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXMarch 12, 2012
This company had a wonderful work environment. I was sad when they sold the company and relocated. They had wonderful benefits, room for growth, great management. The owner would recognize hard work and promote within. I learned a lot at this job and was able to grow.
Pros
everything!
Cons
company sold