Hanesbrands Inc

Hanesbrands Inc United States Employee Reviews

enjoyable
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCApril 14, 2015
Pros: company
Cons: none
I liked
my job, working with the people I worked with, was sometimes challenging, management was fun to work with, learned a lot
Great atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hanover, MDApril 9, 2015
I always walked in and out of work with a smile. I have to be honest it was hard adjusting to Hanesbrands Inc. when I first started working but with the proper training I was able to run the store when store manager was out. I love helping customers look for their intimates. I also loved that I had the opportunity to meet different people. From the moment I started my work day until the end of the work day I was always busy.
A great place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Woolwine, VAMarch 23, 2015
Hanesbrands is a great place to work. The management is wonderful to qwork with and they keep in touch with the employees on a regular basis and let them know exactly how things are going with the bussiness.
Loved my co-workers
Sales Consultant / Part Time Key Holder (Former Employee), Pigeon Forge, TNFebruary 16, 2015
I really enjoyed working with our customers. It was a great feeling knowing when they purchased their items, that I helped them and knew they were satisfied when they left our store.
Hanes Brands
Sr. Production Planner (Former Employee), Winston Salem NCJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: on sight medical facility/ ymca/eat in lunch facility. walking trails
Great Place to Work. Company really cares about it employees and the community by provide an excellent work-place-life and community helper balance.
Never a Dull Day
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Current Employee), Lincoln City, ORJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: generous benefits; ability to make bonuses multiple times a year; excellent regional management
My favorite part of my job are the people I work with, and the people I get to meet every single day. There's never the same thing twice, and the vast majority of our customers are kind, smart and conscientious people.

The company has been updating a lot of the things we do in the store, to make it better for the customers, and this bounces back to making our jobs a lot easier as well. Building a rapport with your customers is always an important part of customer service, and is often the funnest part as well.
Good compensation - poor culture
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 2, 2015
Good Compensation at HBI. Lay-offs occur on yearly basis often lowering employee morale. Opportunities for advancement seem to be few at HBI with no succession plans and limited professional development.

HBI could improve by adding training programs for new employees and creating roadmaps for career development.

Winston Salem is a nice area to raise a family.
Productive environment with excellent employee development
Senior Manager Inclusion (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCDecember 6, 2014
Work is fast paced and driven by key metrics and objectives. Hanesbrands Inc. has excellent Leadership and Executive staff member. Current strategies and sales rate has created an unstable environment where downsizing ha become a core competency.
The best part of Hanesbrands Inc. is the opportunities for self improvement and advancement are excellent.
Worst store Manager I've ever worked for!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIDecember 1, 2014
Pros: bonus for performance
Cons: no leadership, short breaks
No leadership or care from the store manager.
No concern from Corporate about "Hostile work environment"
No recognition or appreciation for amazing, hard working staff!
Motivational and friendly
Store Manager (Current Employee), 63005June 20, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Hanes cares about their employees and offers a variety of tools for everyone to succeed on the job.
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee), Leeds, ALMay 9, 2014
Pros: easy work schedules
Cons: there are no cons
Must be able to bra fit
Great Staff
Enjoyed working here
You work as a team
Room for advancement
Great people underappreciated
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Rural Hall, NCApril 15, 2014
Your work life is very structured and micromanaged on many topics. The employees are great with management being a bit overbearing. Hardest part of the job was trying to rise in the company to find out they are unwilling to compensate or acknowledge performance. BEst part of the job was learning from other employees and making someo great friendships
Depends on your location...
Customer Assistant/3rd Key (Former Employee), Concord, NCMarch 31, 2014
Pros: fairly easy to comprehend, the company is understand when scheduling shifts, pay increases as time spent with the company
Cons: sometimes, corporate management can have unattainable expectations of the store and/or employees
I started working with this company at one of their smaller stores and I grew to love it. The atmosphere, the staff, and the customers. Although, since it was a smaller store and somedays our foot traffic was low, there were always things to do and helpful people there to do them with. The managers I worked under helped me come out of my shell and taught me how to walk up to new people and initiate a conversation. Our staff became fairly close to one another because we spent so much time together. I would say the hardest part of the job would be determining what the customer is wanting when they come into the store, but for those who love a challenge, like myself, it's a great fit. My favorite part of the job was how naturally things come to you while you're there. Whether it's the technical part of the job or the interaction with the customers.
No loyalty to Management
Store Manager (Current Employee), Washington, PAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: working with customers
Cons: hours you have to put in
Typical hours put in a week 44.5. At time I would put in over 70 a week. They don't give raises after 2 years, they believe you have learned everything you need to know, but we are always having new training. Co workers are there for a job and that is it. They can care less about the goals that needed to be met. They don't do any more then they have to or go out of their way to help with projects. Hardest part of job is all the training for new employees and all the paper work. It is worse than buying a house or car. The most enjoyable part was working with the customers. You always have one that is just not a happy person but the ones that appreciate your help make it worth wild.
Hard Work, Temp Job
Labeler/Quality Control (Former Employee), Kernersville, NCNovember 22, 2013
Pros: hours
Cons: breaks, location, temp
Long hours and hard work but it is only a temp job. Wouldn't recommend unless you like to work hard and worry about losing it soon.
Good summer internship
Licensing Intern, Women's Sportswear/ Accessories (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 14, 2013
Great working environment and helpful team. Get assigned projects and a presentation.
Not family friendly!
Paralegal (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: decent atmosphere
Cons: strict attendance policy with absolutely no flexibility.
Very disappointed to find that upper management frowns on flexible work schedules. I had to fight to meet the needs of my young children while working at Hbi. No exceptions were allowed.

Working at headquarters was disappointing. Managers care less about your overall work product as long as you're at your desk from 8-5, regardless of whether you have work to keep you busy. Very antiquated values. Manager was in and out of the office constantly, not dependable.
A great company to work for.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Monroe, MIAugust 5, 2013
They are very flexable with schedules. They are alright with pay. The manager was the best manager I know. The hardest part of working retail is the customer is always right. Headquarters does not deal with the customers directly, and they don't always understand what it is like to be in the stores. They try...but don't always get it right.
A very good Company to work for.
Lead Payroll / Human Resources Administrative (Former Employee), Martinsville, VAJuly 14, 2013
Pros: holiday, vacations, and benefits. company promotions encouraged.
Cons: textiles division of company moved over seas.
Unfortunately the Eden, North Carolina facility closed. However, the years that I worked there was very productive , challenging, and worthwhile.
Hanesbrand was a fun place to work for until my tranfer to a differet warehouse
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJuly 10, 2013
Hanesbrand has transferred to two different warehouse because of downsizing. I have taking pay cuts and they even messed up my years with the company to t put me in a lower paying job.

About Hanesbrands Inc

Hanesbrands can't wait until it gets its Hanes on you. The company makes bras, hosiery, men's boxers, socks, and other intimate – Read more