Hanesbrands Inc Employee Reviews

Friendly environment makes work easy
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Cash bonuses for making target and max sales goal, $60 allowance every 6 months, great deals, great co-workers and management
Cons: Not so great pay, benefits aren't as great, technology not up to date
I like the diversity of the workplace and the friendly and fun environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping a woman find the bra that is the perfect fit that just makes her feel beautiful. Working here I learned so many things about underwear and how it can really impact a person's self esteem. The management is amazing, they are respectable and kind. They get the work done and get their points across without being rude or disrespectful. My co-workers and I got along as well, I guess that's why I liked the job so much. The hardest part about the job was dealing with people when they've had a bad day and want to be rude and disrespectful, but that all seems to change once we find exactly what they want and for me that was the most enjoyable.
Great fast paced,
Quality Manager (Former Employee), Industry, CAJune 10, 2015
I worked for Hanesbrands for 17 years and inmensley enjoyed every day of it.The company is very nice with strict rules and good benefits.
Great Company
Sr. Planner/Analyst, Category Management (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMay 22, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Hanes. It was my "home" for nearly 20 years and if I hadn't decided to relocate to coastal North Carolina I would still be employed with them. I loved my job.
Can be a good place to work
Manager of Trade Programs and Classifications (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMay 13, 2015
Just in the department I worked in was leadership so poor. There were a lot of great people who worked there. Employee sales were a good thing.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gettysburg, PAMay 11, 2015
Pros: Bonuses for reaching sales goals.
Cons: resetting the store
Assisting customers, working on shipment. To listen well and incorporate your knowledge in sales. Management was straight forward and fair as to scheduling and getting work done. Worked well with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was getting back stock out and the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the customers.
Team environment encourages both personal and professional growth.
Global Sourcing Administrator (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMay 4, 2015
Pros: Encourage learning
Since leaving Hanesbrands, Inc. I have remained in contact with many of the people. They have so many amazing talented employees ... the true strength of a company.
enjoyable
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCApril 14, 2015
Pros: company
Cons: none
I liked
my job, working with the people I worked with, was sometimes challenging, management was fun to work with, learned a lot
Great atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hanover, MDApril 9, 2015
I always walked in and out of work with a smile. I have to be honest it was hard adjusting to Hanesbrands Inc. when I first started working but with the proper training I was able to run the store when store manager was out. I love helping customers look for their intimates. I also loved that I had the opportunity to meet different people. From the moment I started my work day until the end of the work day I was always busy.
A great place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Woolwine, VAMarch 23, 2015
Hanesbrands is a great place to work. The management is wonderful to qwork with and they keep in touch with the employees on a regular basis and let them know exactly how things are going with the bussiness.
Loved my co-workers
Sales Consultant / Part Time Key Holder (Former Employee), Pigeon Forge, TNFebruary 16, 2015
I really enjoyed working with our customers. It was a great feeling knowing when they purchased their items, that I helped them and knew they were satisfied when they left our store.
Hanes Brands
Sr. Production Planner (Former Employee), Winston Salem NCJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: on sight medical facility/ ymca/eat in lunch facility. walking trails
Great Place to Work. Company really cares about it employees and the community by provide an excellent work-place-life and community helper balance.
Never a Dull Day
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Current Employee), Lincoln City, ORJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: generous benefits; ability to make bonuses multiple times a year; excellent regional management
My favorite part of my job are the people I work with, and the people I get to meet every single day. There's never the same thing twice, and the vast majority of our customers are kind, smart and conscientious people.

The company has been updating a lot of the things we do in the store, to make it better for the customers, and this bounces back to making our jobs a lot easier as well. Building a rapport with your customers is always an important part of customer service, and is often the funnest part as well.
Good compensation - poor culture
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 2, 2015
Good Compensation at HBI. Lay-offs occur on yearly basis often lowering employee morale. Opportunities for advancement seem to be few at HBI with no succession plans and limited professional development.

HBI could improve by adding training programs for new employees and creating roadmaps for career development.

Winston Salem is a nice area to raise a family.
Productive environment with excellent employee development
Senior Manager Inclusion (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCDecember 6, 2014
Work is fast paced and driven by key metrics and objectives. Hanesbrands Inc. has excellent Leadership and Executive staff member. Current strategies and sales rate has created an unstable environment where downsizing ha become a core competency.
The best part of Hanesbrands Inc. is the opportunities for self improvement and advancement are excellent.
Worst store Manager I've ever worked for!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIDecember 1, 2014
Pros: bonus for performance
Cons: no leadership, short breaks
No leadership or care from the store manager.
No concern from Corporate about "Hostile work environment"
No recognition or appreciation for amazing, hard working staff!
Motivational and friendly
Store Manager (Current Employee), 63005June 20, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Hanes cares about their employees and offers a variety of tools for everyone to succeed on the job.
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee), Leeds, ALMay 9, 2014
Pros: easy work schedules
Cons: there are no cons
Must be able to bra fit
Great Staff
Enjoyed working here
You work as a team
Room for advancement
Great people underappreciated
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Rural Hall, NCApril 15, 2014
Your work life is very structured and micromanaged on many topics. The employees are great with management being a bit overbearing. Hardest part of the job was trying to rise in the company to find out they are unwilling to compensate or acknowledge performance. BEst part of the job was learning from other employees and making someo great friendships
Depends on your location...
Customer Assistant/3rd Key (Former Employee), Concord, NCMarch 31, 2014
Pros: fairly easy to comprehend, the company is understand when scheduling shifts, pay increases as time spent with the company
Cons: sometimes, corporate management can have unattainable expectations of the store and/or employees
I started working with this company at one of their smaller stores and I grew to love it. The atmosphere, the staff, and the customers. Although, since it was a smaller store and somedays our foot traffic was low, there were always things to do and helpful people there to do them with. The managers I worked under helped me come out of my shell and taught me how to walk up to new people and initiate – more... a conversation. Our staff became fairly close to one another because we spent so much time together. I would say the hardest part of the job would be determining what the customer is wanting when they come into the store, but for those who love a challenge, like myself, it's a great fit. My favorite part of the job was how naturally things come to you while you're there. Whether it's the technical part of the job or the interaction with the customers. – less
No loyalty to Management
Store Manager (Current Employee), Washington, PAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: working with customers
Cons: hours you have to put in
Typical hours put in a week 44.5. At time I would put in over 70 a week. They don't give raises after 2 years, they believe you have learned everything you need to know, but we are always having new training. Co workers are there for a job and that is it. They can care less about the goals that needed to be met. They don't do any more then they have to or go out of their way to help with projects. Hardest part of job is all the training for new employees and all the paper work. It is worse than buying a house or car. The most enjoyable part was working with the customers. You always have one that is just not a happy person but the ones that appreciate your help make it worth wild.