Hanesbrands Employee Reviews

Great company. Questionable Management
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Woolwine, VAApril 6, 2016
I have enjoyed my time with Hanes Brand Inc. so far. It's a fairly easy job and enjoyable at times. Management is very questionable at times, give you the run-around, and say what you want to hear instead of the truth. Your not very informed of how the plant is performing or any issues. Safety is a strong concern but could improve in many areas. The pay is fairly good for the amount of work and location. Benefits are good and dependable.
Pros
Benefits. Work environment. Pay
Cons
Management. Safety.
Productive Place to work
Sr. Manager- Pricing/Promotions (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 8, 2015
Good Company Philanthropic, the culture is good, management is good the company does alot for work/life balance. They have greata excercise facilities and promote exercise although people don't really take advantage of it
Pros
Free Lunch in summer Workout Programs
Cons
Contracors overlooked for permanent positions
Laid back work environment
Label Processor (Current Employee) –  Rural Hall, NCSeptember 29, 2015
Easy place to work. Not a lot of pressure like I'm used to. Pretty much work at your own pace. Learned a lot about what merchandise companies order and how much, how to maintain large printers,and how to separate labels by what part of the warehouse they need to go to for packing. Management are easy to work with as well as the people. Hardest part of the job is keeping the printers operational but the easiest part is working in a quiet environment. Not at all what I'm used to!
Pros
Work at your own pace.
Cons
Through a temp service. Not a permanent position, no benefits, 20 minute lunch. And no job security as it is through a temp service.
Horrible management, bad pay, and benefits
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INJuly 14, 2016
Horrible store manager, bad regional. I was screwed over by the company 4 times in 2 years. High turn over rate. Priorities all wrong. If you need quick cash, go for it. If you love helping customers go for it. If your looking to move up in the company or have an equal home and work life don't bother. Very twisted company, some if it is just the regional and store manager. I went from loving my job to hating it in no time after new management took over. No appreciation for your loyalty to the company. Plus after 2 years no raises. What kind of company does that. They obviously don't want to keep people. High turn over rate means lower pay. Plus the store manager and regional are two faced.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
No growth, bad manager, plus regional, no raises after 2 years
workplace
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 15, 2016
Co-workers and employees are very hardworking people. They know what is expected of them and do their best each day to meet the expectations of job.
Pros
salary
Cons
management and healthcare
Repetitive work, no career advancement opportunities, lack of training
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake George, NYMay 10, 2016
This was not a company I was used to nor was it a company I knew I wanted to continue to work for. Managers would come in and felt they knew what was best for the store. They did not want to hear any other ideas from the other employees. This company is very unorganized and are trying to get their processes and systems into 2016 because they are stuck in 1985.The computers are so old and outdated. The training for the management position was horrible because you constantly got interrupted, the trainer had to smoke and it was broken up. You are constantly in the store alone even at night.
Pros
meet different people, learn about bras
Cons
short breaks, low pay, lack of career opportunity, lack of training
Private offices, 2 breaks plus lunch a day. Working time flexible.
Coordinator for Eng. Dept. (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAAugust 30, 2016
The last almost 6 years I never felt secure in my job. I expected a layoff every week. I have worked for Hanesbrands, Inc. twice in my working career. The first time was 22 1/2 yrs. My position was eliminated. I worked for them again for 5 yrs. 11 months as a temp. The pay was decent, more than anyone else in the area would pay but I never had the chance to apply for a FT permanent position unless an office position became available and only if no one was qualified and the job was sent to our local VA Employment Commission. Temps were usually not allowed to apply for anything permanent unless for the warehouse. This last layoff was not caused by anything I had done but a FT employee needed more work bc she stayed on the phone with personal calls so I had to train her for some of my duties. I really enjoyed the last almost 6 yrs bc I worked 20 hrs. a wk. Plus, I really like working for the Eng. Dept. and I miss my co-workers. But for a FT employee they have good benefits and the pay is good.
Pros
Working PT, made my own schedule. They were flexible. No hassle for Dr. appt.
Cons
No security for either PT or FT employees.
Fast Paced
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Rural Hall, NCJuly 13, 2016
A day of worked was very busy, You have enough time to restock everything at the front counter between "Happy Hour". The coworkers I was working with was very nice and knew answers to the questions I had asked them. The most enjoyable part of the day was knowing everyone's order was taken correctly and bagged correctly before leaving the store and/or drive thru. I learned a lot working in a fast food environment such as staying motivated and always having that smiling face.
Pros
Happy customers, Stayed busy
Cons
They wanted to change schedule at last minute.
Friendly environment makes work easy
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 30, 2015
I like the diversity of the workplace and the friendly and fun environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping a woman find the bra that is the perfect fit that just makes her feel beautiful. Working here I learned so many things about underwear and how it can really impact a person's self esteem. The management is amazing, they are respectable and kind. They get the work done and get their points across without being rude or disrespectful. My co-workers and I got along as well, I guess that's why I liked the job so much. The hardest part about the job was dealing with people when they've had a bad day and want to be rude and disrespectful, but that all seems to change once we find exactly what they want and for me that was the most enjoyable.
Pros
Cash bonuses for making target and max sales goal, $60 allowance every 6 months, great deals, great co-workers and management
Cons
Not so great pay, benefits aren't as great, technology not up to date
Long hours expected, good benefits and pay
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 18, 2015
Long hours daily, difficult to get vacation time in due to financial calendar. but pay compensates for challenges. Great people, mentors and management. Summer hours with Fridays off.
Most of my co-workers were very productive and friendly.
VAP worker (Former Employee) –  Laurel HiSeptember 15, 2016
Hanesbrand Inc is a life changing work environment! The employees and management team are very genuine and supportive! The culture is very positive and it is a fun environment. New ideas are encouraged and implemented. Hanesbrand, is a great employer with amazing perks. Complementary breakfast, lunches, beverages and snacks to keep the teams happy.
Supportive and helpful enviornment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, ARSeptember 13, 2016
The management was very helpful and supportive to all members that worked under them. In my department I learned how to differentiate different shades of color. The coworkers are very supportive and helped further build on teamwork. The hardest part of my job was hitting our targeted production for the night, for we had high set goals to reach.
Great company to work for!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 13, 2016
I learned a lot of things working at Hanes Brands. This company has taught me to better myself on interacting with clients. I learned how to bra fit woman. I learned about the companies values. Customers from all over the states would come on the weekends and shop at Hanes. I learned something new everyday working with talented woman.
Pros
Signing people up for the Rewards Program
Cons
Leaving the company and going back to school
Great experience with unique opportunities
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCAugust 14, 2016
It is a great experience with unique opportunities for one on one with customers, employees and corporate management. Feedback and input into sales, marketing, policy and procedures are highly valued and often implemented by corporate.
Pros
Healthcare, upper management, employees and customers
Cons
Opportunities and salary
Hanesbranes
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 9, 2016
Hanesbrands was a wonderful experience that I had and I miss it alot, it was a lot of fun and very easy to do the work, I learned how to keep the work area clean, and the management was great as well. Co-workers were also very easy to get along with, there was absolutely nothing hard about the job, I enjoyed every moment of it.
Pros
No rush to finish your work
Cons
Short hours
Productive work environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 31, 2016
Environment offered progression. I performed administrative duties for several years. I acted as executive assistant for several departments.
Pros
Summer Hours
A very diverse and productive Company to work for
Accounts Payable Specialist/GTS (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 19, 2016
My typical day at work consists of processing invoices for payments both PO and Non-PO, completing a three-way match of invoices, purchase orders, and receiving receipts/packing lists. Responsibilities of my current position also include research and resolution of outstanding invoices and escalating them when necessary.

It is often necessary for me to collaborate with colleagues on process improvements via Skype Business instant messenger, Outlook, and face to face meetings. We take pride in saving the company time while improving our overall processes used to meet our daily goals.

The hardest part of my job is that I don't like leaving any issues unresolved, I'd rather resolve it the first opportunity I have and try to prevent escalation. I enjoy every aspect of my current role with Hanes Brands as it has allowed me to grow my skill set and increased my general understanding of Accounting Guidelines pertaining to both domestic and global policies. Overall I love the welcoming environment that I have been fortunate to be a part of and appreciate the opportunity to be a part of a company that offers many opportunities for success.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
N/A
recreation facility
Intern Recreation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 10, 2016
a typical day is you come in, make sure everything is clean and ready for the day, watch the kids/adults come in and watch to make sure nothing bad happens, and also you can play with them. Co-workers were amazing. There was not much hard work because everything is right in front of your face.
Pros
lunch time, free to play with everyone, meet people
Cons
no cons
Steady work place, with great employees and management
Material Handler/Palletizer (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCMarch 15, 2016
The day would start with a daily meeting, to go over the goal to meet for the work shift. After the meeting we would get the product and start the work day.the employees would chat with one another while perfoming there jobs. If the work was to much for a employee to handle, the manager or another employee would help them out so we would'nt fall behind on the work. During our break we would celebrate employees brithdays with cake and icecream.
Pros
Great work environment, Good staff
Cons
Very hot in the building
productive and optimistic
Sales Associate ,Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 29, 2016
Great with customers as well as management always up to par, I learned how to size woman and find correct bra sizes for them. The hardest part of the job was dealing with missing items due to no cameras. The most enjoyable was the co-workers and there outstanding personalities as well as work performances.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
short lunch