Hanger, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Boys Club
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 29, 2016
Lots of hours and responsibility with limited respect. Office Admins who do billing do not get vacation time at the end of the month,or the end of the year because billing needs will come first, need to hit that budget. Plus, the budget comes before the patients. Management is a boss, not a leader. Limited room for advancement. No raises because they do bonus twice a year, however it is based on nothing more than office managers opinion (not a company based guideline). OAs are hardest working but least rewarded and easily replaceable. Working in medical should also come with better insurance, but the benefits aren't worth it.
Pros
its a paycheck
Cons
tons of stress, limited pay, no respect from management
NO Work Life Balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 27, 2016
Working 16 hour days is ridiculous even for Exempt staff. Upper Management are leading by example but I will not sacrifice my family for work.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Culture of no work life balance
You'll Dread Your Job :(
CPO (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 12, 2016
Some days I was required to see a patient at hospital or nursing home before arrival at the office 8:30 am to see steady stream of patients. Sometimes given 15 minute appointments requiring 20 minutes of documentation, and ordering. Learned not to trust management. Worked along with many good fun hardworking people, some I call friends, but there are more than a few bad apples. The company tries to portray themselves as highly ethical, but it really just comes down to the EBITDA, (the bottom line). The most difficult part of the job was getting out of bed and convincing myself my best option was to return to Hanger. I did have the opportunity to make a difference in many patient's lives, which I use to justify to myself the unhappy time I experienced as an employee. I hope you have better options.
Pros
Education Fair, Corporate Structure vs Mom Pop, Professional Enviorment
Cons
Wallis Farraday, Overworked, No breaks, Management
Lots of responsibility, not a lot of pay
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAApril 1, 2016
The job description is accurate, all of that is expected from one person while they pay you pennies. You're expected to work during lunch and after hours, but seeking over time pay is frowned upon. You can't trust anyone above the clinic manager. Supervisors will not respond to your message unless it's to their benefit. "Empowering human potential" means how can we solicit more prosthetic patients and bill insurance?

They push to recognize revenue and will look passed having proper paperwork on hand to get and then chew you out and "hold you accountable" when collections are low.

Run!!!! Save yourself!!!
Pros
Health benefits, coworkers (non management)
Cons
No advancement, terrible pay, managemet, corporate
Aweful place.
OA (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJanuary 31, 2016
This is the worst place to work. I saw many discriminations on many levels. I will say the manager was totallt inappropriate with many employees, they were also trouble makers in the office. They did not like the employers to get along but worst of all was the total disregard for the wellbeing of the alot of the patients. If you know what is good for you and your wellbeing and respect for yourself and your humanity stay away. The pay is not worth the way you are treated.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Disrespect from mgmt
Fun place and people
Supplier Account Executive, Contractor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2016
The company never moves forward in the hiring process. You can stay a contractor forever and even if you apply for a permanent position in your current job, they won't hire.
Pros
Flexibility
A lot of responsibilities without support from Management
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 17, 2015
I worked a lot of overtime that was never paid because of the amount they required me to do without support from Management. I lived at the office and attempted to do school but they were inflexible.
Central PA is all about who you know
office administrator (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 22, 2015
Been with the company many years, They've only recently acknowledged the big part the office administrators play in the company... too little too late. This market is a boys club. The Area. Office Manager is the one who's held this area together. The Area Clinic Manager has not. Advancement is based on who you know, not qualifications. Unless you know prosthetics, there's no respect. The company has a refer a friend incentive, but I wouldn't recommend anyone to apply here.
Pros
PTO
Cons
double standards, no potential for advancement if you're not close friend or.family
fantastic place to work
Senior Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MENovember 9, 2015
I found this job so rewarding but my supervisor was less then easy to work. I did learn a lot about prosthetics and orthotics and found this job very good to work for.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
Management would not accept my doctor's note and I had part of my foot removedl. forced to resign
productive yet fun
Billing specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 8, 2015
serious yet fun work place with very supportive management. enjoyed working alongside my colleagues. the office began to get crowded as the company grew
Mangement
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Austin TxOctober 22, 2015
Management difficult to work with.
Management continues to look outside of the company rather than promote current employee
Pros
Co workers
Cons
No oppurtunity for advancement
was fun
Office Adm (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 17, 2015
Was fun at times. Got along with everyone. a bunch of back stabbing at times. didn't like it when the patients I knew passed away. You get to know them like family.
Great work life balance
Data Entry Agent (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 17, 2015
Hanger has a great work life balance. The flexibility has been great but the lack of leadership from upper management leaves a lot to be desired.
Company
Revenue Cycle Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 3, 2015
A great place to work, daily openings of new and exciting positions. I will recommend this company to anyone that is interested in prosthetics and orthotics
Pros
ever growing company
Cons
work hours
Great company to work for!
O&P Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 2, 2014
The Hanger clinic is a very nice atmosphere to work in. The co-workers are very friendly and are always willing to help you out. You may struggle a bit the first few weeks of working but you will get the hang of it in no time. The hardest part would be the mundane tasks that you do but they allow you to play music during your work.
Pros
free donuts, casual atmosphere
Cons
mundane, a lot of work sometimes
Productive Design Environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NJFebruary 24, 2014
I was an intern at Hanger Inc where I would assist in the development of prosthetics and orthotics. I would also see the patients with the prosthetists to see how they communicated with the patients. It was fulfilling to see how positive the patients reactions were when they had their prosthetic to use. The co-workers here were very supportive of me as I was only an intern. They showed me all different part of the jobs and gave me skills of manufacturing prosthetics that I could not get in many other places.