Hanger, Inc. Employee Reviews

Flexible, great management, pleasant work environment
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 25, 2017
Positive work environment, never a dull moment, one on one relationships with patients, good benefits, flexibility with management. Variety with everyday tasks, hardest part of job is getting insurance approval for patients. Most enjoyable: working with the appropriate people to get approval for patients, and seeing them able to walk out of our clinic on their own without assistance.
Terrible place to work
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAMarch 25, 2017
Liars, back-stabbers, bullies, and hostile work environment. Favoritism for people who do nothing but gossip and stand around in fabrication room. People on their phones all day when should be working. Management does nothing if you are threatened by coworker. Was set up by lazy, lying, back stabbing office administrator and orthotist, said I didn't do my job. Had proof on WIP that I did, when ask for proof that I didnt, was told they don't have to show me. Forced to resign or would be fired and get nothing...their words.
Pros
Loved the patients
Cons
Poor management and upper management, liars, gossiping.
Experience
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 20, 2017
I have learned a lot at Hanger and I've gotten to broaden my skills. However, with a lack of management and a poor culture in the work place, Hanger is a hard place to stay at.
Bad working environment
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMarch 6, 2017
Is an amazing place to work it was great seeing patients and the clients, but that was about it the work environment is hostile this location does not know how to work well with others there is bickering backstabbing, when hired on I was not promised what I was going to be doing in, return I was the scapegoat the individual that that would work great here is someone that has a backbone does not get caught up in the gossip because it can be a rewarding job but you must be able to work with people who will be talking about you and will do anything to pass on blame.
Generally good work environment.
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Great work from home for IT employees. They do try and promote from within so opportunity for growth within the company does exist. Laid back culture and generally enjoyable place to work.
Great People - Great Mission
Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 17, 2017
The mission of the company is great and it is a wonderful tag-line - Empowering Human Potential. Many of the team members in the field perform outstanding customer/patient service.
Office staff is pushed hard for revenue and completing paperwork.
Pros
Good office location
Cons
work-life balance needs to be re-aligned
Work place is nice which help for productivity
Hanger is (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 8, 2017
I enjoy working for hanger. People are friendly and work hard. We have full support from our Managers .

It is a place for learning and solve complex problem
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Too much work. Sometimes it is hard
Great Company
Auditor (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 22, 2016
I worked at hanger for one and half year as the contractor. Professional people, good Culture make Hanger great company for work.
Management needs to open their eyes
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Barr nunn, WyDecember 10, 2016
All I keep seeing is new hires that dont have any experience or personality. Have a babysit them or tell them to get out of the way/do something. All the while I know other very experienced bartenders/servers have applied and not given a second glance. Very disappointing!!!
Pros
Neat atmosphere~ I love what I do for a living!!
Cons
could stand to work with more competent people
Lots of Hours
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 16, 2016
If you are an hourly employee you can not beat the time and half pay for 80 hour weeks. The accounting department might have a few issues but it was an overall good place to work
they take people who care and make them not care
Fabrication Technician (Former Employee) –  ColoradoSeptember 29, 2016
long hours,high demands with little reward. Full of promises but no follow through.Lots of lies and smoke screens.There are good people there but i didn't find any in upper management. Watch your back even with co-workers,they will stab you in the back. I enjoyed it at first but the more i learned about Hanger the more i wanted to distant myself.
Pros
i am done there
Cons
no balance with real life and work
Place sucks
Fabrication Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 10, 2016
I worked here for almost 4 years and whilst my pay was not bad, it was not worth the stress and aggregation. If you reject supervisor romantic (if you can call it that lol) advances you will be hounded and lied about. I eventually walked out. Way to much favoritism towards people who act like good workers yet in reality they suck and make everybody else miserable. Do not work here if you value your health and sanity.
Pros
Cons
Health insurance a joke, and god forbid if you get sick or have a family member sick and need time off
Stay away for your own good
Licensed Prosthetist Orthotist (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 17, 2016
I am a Prosthetist and Orthotist. There is no respect for being a professional. The only thing the company is concerned with is the bottom line. Zero concern for patients and ethics are a joke. You will eventually be pressured to do unethical actions if not outright illegal. Dont do it. They have burned many people with it. They have no set vacation time to earn as they expect you not to take any. Seriously ask for vacation policy in writing before you sign on. Do your self a favor and work ANYWHERE ELSE.
Pros
Finding a new job
Cons
Unethical
Boys Club
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 29, 2016
Lots of hours and responsibility with limited respect. Office Admins who do billing do not get vacation time at the end of the month,or the end of the year because billing needs will come first, need to hit that budget. Plus, the budget comes before the patients. Management is a boss, not a leader. Limited room for advancement. No raises because they do bonus twice a year, however it is based on nothing more than office managers opinion (not a company based guideline). OAs are hardest working but least rewarded and easily replaceable. Working in medical should also come with better insurance, but the benefits aren't worth it.
Pros
its a paycheck
Cons
tons of stress, limited pay, no respect from management
NO Work Life Balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 27, 2016
Working 16 hour days is ridiculous even for Exempt staff. Upper Management are leading by example but I will not sacrifice my family for work.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Culture of no work life balance
You'll Dread Your Job :(
CPO (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 12, 2016
Some days I was required to see a patient at hospital or nursing home before arrival at the office 8:30 am to see steady stream of patients. Sometimes given 15 minute appointments requiring 20 minutes of documentation, and ordering. Learned not to trust management. Worked along with many good fun hardworking people, some I call friends, but there are more than a few bad apples. The company tries to portray themselves as highly ethical, but it really just comes down to the EBITDA, (the bottom line). The most difficult part of the job was getting out of bed and convincing myself my best option was to return to Hanger. I did have the opportunity to make a difference in many patient's lives, which I use to justify to myself the unhappy time I experienced as an employee. I hope you have better options.
Pros
Education Fair, Corporate Structure vs Mom Pop, Professional Enviorment
Cons
Wallis Farraday, Overworked, No breaks, Management
Lots of responsibility, not a lot of pay
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bay Area, CAApril 1, 2016
The job description is accurate, all of that is expected from one person while they pay you pennies. You're expected to work during lunch and after hours, but seeking over time pay is frowned upon. You can't trust anyone above the clinic manager. Supervisors will not respond to your message unless it's to their benefit. "Empowering human potential" means how can we solicit more prosthetic patients and bill insurance?

They push to recognize revenue and will look passed having proper paperwork on hand to get and then chew you out and "hold you accountable" when collections are low.

Run!!!! Save yourself!!!
Pros
Health benefits, coworkers (non management)
Cons
No advancement, terrible pay, managemet, corporate
Aweful place.
OA (Former Employee) –  LouisianaJanuary 31, 2016
This is the worst place to work. I saw many discriminations on many levels. I will say the manager was totallt inappropriate with many employees, they were also trouble makers in the office. They did not like the employers to get along but worst of all was the total disregard for the wellbeing of the alot of the patients. If you know what is good for you and your wellbeing and respect for yourself and your humanity stay away. The pay is not worth the way you are treated.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Disrespect from mgmt
Fun place and people
Supplier Account Executive, Contractor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2016
The company never moves forward in the hiring process. You can stay a contractor forever and even if you apply for a permanent position in your current job, they won't hire.
Pros
Flexibility
A lot of responsibilities without support from Management
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 17, 2015
I worked a lot of overtime that was never paid because of the amount they required me to do without support from Management. I lived at the office and attempted to do school but they were inflexible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hanger, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9