Hanger Clinic Employee Reviews in United States

Toxic Work Environment
Orthotic Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 31, 2016
This is a company that's been kicked off the New York Stock Exchange for unethical business practices.

This is a company that buys out smaller companies, then lays off or abuses their new employees until they are all gone within a year or two.

This is a company that lays off workers randomly and arbitrarily.

This is a company that has no guidelines restricting nepotism and cronyism.

This is a company that exclusively promotes people to high management positions from outside the company.

This is a company that will fire you for asking for ventilation while working with hazardous chemicals.

This is a company that offers a annual "bonus", but for most people it amounts to pocket change as middle managers and their relatives pocket it for themselves or purposefully overpay themselves to make sure there is no bonus.
Pros
it's a steady paycheck, nobody checks to see if you're working so you can take a day off to hide and play on your phone, most of your time will be spent counting inventory which is a job that a chimp could do
Cons
Toxic work environment, shareholders are suing, human resources is a joke, no stability, long term goals are fluffy clouds, massive nepotism problem
Current employee
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 21, 2016
Does not treat OA with same respect as practioners. You must be friends with management to get any where in this company. It's a boys club!
Pros
Good pay
Cons
OA not treated with respect at all. Only pay is good!
Do too much, get too little
Office Admin (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLFebruary 24, 2016
A typical day is having the work of 2-3 people and being expected to do that and more.
management is untrained and not helpful
coworkers get by doing minimum
there is little room for growth
very little support.
minimal training
Pros
full hour for lunch, benefits
Cons
no room for growth
Excelent
Full time, Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 17, 2015
It's a manageable clinic. Have been there 1 week.
I just don't know what else to say.\
It's a fast pace working company.
Have to been very on top. And greet people. Check Insurance right there and then. Cannot let go of people with out making there co payment. It a good learning Clinic
Laid back atmosphere
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, KSNovember 3, 2015
The atmosphere was laid back, the main person in my office was awesome to work and made work fun to come in and have an open and relaxed atmosphere.
Extremely fast paced and professional. Need to be on your toes!
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLSeptember 23, 2015
This company was an excellent place to work if you're looking to further your career or make a career move in office administration OR business. They defininitely compensate well, and have wonderful benefits. However, be prepared to put in ALL of your effort and then some. If you get burnt out easily it is NOT the place for you. The job was very challenging and at times exciting, never monotnous and I learned a great deal.
Pros
benefits, bonuses etc
Cons
long hours, negative office politics, location
Taking care of people efficiently with a smile
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 21, 2015
My typical day is: 07:30am, file remaining previous day's charts, begin reminder appointment calls, follow up on patients we've been trying to contact to schedule due to a referral from dr's office, begin entering referrals- i.e. patient demographics, assess importance of a timely manner in which to get the patient in, post payments, begin process of fabrication, register patients via phone or in person, verify insurance, verify proper rx is present- date, dx, MD signature as well as accurate item/procedure request.
Pros
Thoroughly enjoy working with patients
Cons
More often than not the environment is unprofessional.
As a cast technician...
Cast Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2015
Work alongside Kelsey-Seybold Orthopedic Physicians. Providing customer care, patient care, controlling orthopedic inventory, and education on bracing, casting, and prosthetics.
productive, busy workplace
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  New London, CTSeptember 9, 2015
alot of variety in what i do each day, from answering phones to scheduling appts. Love being able to help the elderly patients.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
sometimes short staffed
Publicly traded company with high demands
Area Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDSeptember 4, 2015
Good company to work for
Managers can work from home
Executive management okay
Opportunity to advance or transfer positions
Bonus plan available, pay out twice a year
High administrative staff turnover rate.
Pros
easy to transfer positions, company is nationwide
Cons
quarterly company audits, high administrative staff turnover rate
Productive and challenging
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 17, 2015
Very busy and satisfying. The practitioners I worked with were great. I loved my job. Wish there was better training. National company .
Pros
great industry
Cons
Very little traiining
Very personable, professional, and knowledgable clinicians.
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Maryville, ILJune 8, 2015
•Achieved sales objectives by applying B2B sales to promote the clinic to physicians and healthcare providers.
•Gained attainable knowledge of orthotics, compressions, and other Durable Medical Equipment that resolve healthcare difficulties.
•Attended monthly fiscal meetings to determine which providers to target.
productive and great company treats their staff equally
Office Administrative (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 6, 2015
Days were really busy, training wasn't that good but thankfully I learn fast. pay was decent , boss was really nice he bought us lunches and donuts periodically.
Innovative and educational
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 24, 2015
Working at Hanger was an educational and awarding experience. I see the wonderful way the staff cares about the patients is something to behold.
Everyone works together as a team
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSFebruary 3, 2015
A typical day at work is obtaining accurate insurance information, verification and pre-authorization, processing all billing daily, ensuring that claims are accurate, timely and fully documented, following up on all open accounts, maintaining thorough chronological financial records on each patient.
Co-workers were all friendly and everyone worked as a team. The hardest part of the job is getting patients to return diabetic prescriptions to the office. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we have potluck lunches.
Pros
near the hospital for lunch breaks
Cons
office was cramped
Productive and friendly working environment.
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vista, CADecember 28, 2014
I have learned and understand different types of medical insurances. The management is very supportive with their employees. The people I worked with is very pleasant and good team player. The hardest part of my job duties is dealing with payers to get authorization approved.
Fabricating Medical Equipment
Technician (Former Employee) –  Corvallis OregonDecember 21, 2014
A typical day working for this Company started with any immediate need fabrication work. After this was done, I would begin any new work as needed. After lunch I would usually do the shipping and receiving, then continue with any fabrication as needed. I also worked in the front office filing paperwork if needed. Throughout the day I was also called on to answer the phones and schedule appointments as needed as well.
I learned a lot about different types of people and the many differences in physical needs. I learned the basics of how to fabricate medical equipment as well as work in an office and speak with clients and venders.
My immediate management was some of the best I have ever worked with, same with my co-workers.
The hardest part about the job was making sure that I was doing the correct fabrication in the right order. (What I mean is we had 2 clinicians and I had to make sure that I checked the due dates on all items so I didn’t get myself behind.)
The Best part of the job… Well that was seeing the end results. Seeing a patient walk out of the office using or wearing something I made.
Pros
seeing the end product
Cons
the pay was not what i felt it should be
Works with employees that have families
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLNovember 20, 2014
They allow room for growth. Meet so many interesting patients. Co-workers work as a team.
Good Company
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  The VillagesOctober 9, 2014
It is a great company to work for. The employees were very friendly and made me feel at home.
Great pay with Excellent Benefits
Certified Prosthetist (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSSeptember 24, 2014
being able to provide great patient care in a free environment with support as needed
Pros
good time off
Cons
pressure to produce