Hanger Clinic

Hanger Clinic Employee Reviews

Innovative and educational
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COFebruary 24, 2015
Working at Hanger was an educational and awarding experience. I see the wonderful way the staff cares about the patients is something to behold.
Everyone works together as a team
Office Manager (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: near the hospital for lunch breaks
Cons: office was cramped
A typical day at work is obtaining accurate insurance information, verification and pre-authorization, processing all billing daily, ensuring that claims are accurate, timely and fully documented, following up on all open accounts, maintaining thorough chronological financial records on each patient.
Co-workers were all friendly and everyone worked as a team. The hardest part of the job is getting patients to return diabetic prescriptions to the office. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we have potluck lunches.
Productive and friendly working environment.
Office Administrator (Current Employee), Vista, CADecember 28, 2014
I have learned and understand different types of medical insurances. The management is very supportive with their employees. The people I worked with is very pleasant and good team player. The hardest part of my job duties is dealing with payers to get authorization approved.
think twice before you become an employee
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR HANGER CLINIC (Current Employee), Columbia, MODecember 26, 2014
i am sure all locations are different however at this location there is a lack of management, lack of a desire to work, and lack of ownership.
Fabricating Medical Equipment
Technician (Former Employee), Corvallis OregonDecember 21, 2014
Pros: seeing the end product
Cons: the pay was not what i felt it should be
A typical day working for this Company started with any immediate need fabrication work. After this was done, I would begin any new work as needed. After lunch I would usually do the shipping and receiving, then continue with any fabrication as needed. I also worked in the front office filing paperwork if needed. Throughout the day I was also called on to answer the phones and schedule appointments as needed as well.
I learned a lot about different types of people and the many differences in physical needs. I learned the basics of how to fabricate medical equipment as well as work in an office and speak with clients and venders.
My immediate management was some of the best I have ever worked with, same with my co-workers.
The hardest part about the job was making sure that I was doing the correct fabrication in the right order. (What I mean is we had 2 clinicians and I had to make sure that I checked the due dates on all items so I didn’t get myself behind.)
The Best part of the job… Well that was seeing the end results. Seeing a patient walk out of the office using or wearing something I made.
Works with employees that have families
Office Administrator (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLNovember 20, 2014
They allow room for growth. Meet so many interesting patients. Co-workers work as a team.
Good Company
Office Administrator (Current Employee), The VillagesOctober 9, 2014
It is a great company to work for. The employees were very friendly and made me feel at home.
Great pay with Excellent Benefits
Certified Prosthetist (Former Employee), Flowood, MSSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: good time off
Cons: pressure to produce
being able to provide great patient care in a free environment with support as needed
A hard working team of dedicated employees working to help patients.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNSeptember 10, 2014
I will always appreciate the wide array of information I learned at Hanger.
Great job for the learning experience
Office Administrator/ Certified Mastectomy Fitter (Former Employee), Downey, CAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: knowledge
Cons: not employee advocate
Every branch has different staff different kinds of personalities. The experience that I took while working with the company priceless and the relationships with staff and patients priceless. My only disappointment was that higher management did not advocate for me as an employee. I learned so much about my self on how to advocate for others, how to approach people. This company does make a big difference in peoples lives but they will try to work you for every penny they are paying you.
Stressful, the company is not a caring enviroment.
Office Manager (Current Employee), Austell, GAMay 2, 2014
Cons: management
I worked for Atlanta Prosthetics & Orthotics, Inc for 13 years. In January we were brought out by Hanger Clinic. It has been a very hard transition.
A typical day is scheduling patients, making sure when they come in that all their information is up to date. Insurance, patient information, etc. I make sure first and foremost that the patient is taken care of and we see the patient at their scheduled time.
I am responsible for putting in orders, getting authorization from insurance companys, and all the billing in the office. I place all of the custom orders and when the order comes in I am responsible for setting up the appointment for the patient. I work well with people and get along with all of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is insurance verification. It is a long process at times.
I love the job and the people that we help everyday. It has been a very rewarding career for me. It is nice to see patients that have gone through so much be able to heal and get on with the life.
If you are not a share holder you don't count
Orthotist (Former Employee), Whittier, CAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: it is a job.
Cons: the miss match between the helping humanity and the p&l
Work starts at 8 and you have 30 min or less to complete the work for that patient or "run rate". How many dollars did you generate for the Share holder? get the picture
Great technicians to help new med students
Prosthetic and Orthotic Technician - Internship (Former Employee), Salem, ORMarch 2, 2014
Pros: understand a medical internship program is important
Cons: were not hiring at the end of my internship program
Hanger Clinic has great technicians that take the time to help medical internship students, like myself learn the field. The staff and management play a supporting role in how the student reviews are handled.
Hanger
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: good staff fun place to work
Cons: sitting down all day
I really enjoyed working here I was really well respected and it was a great environment everyone was so kind and helping.
Warm and Friendly Atmosphere
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Portland, MEJanuary 31, 2014
A typical day at work would to get ready for the customers or patients coming in. Being on time and ready to greet and meet the customers or patients is very important to me. I believe in team work on every level. I believe respect should be across the board meaning respecting one another should not have anything to do with a title.
The hardest part of a job would be if there was one in the group that wasn't a team player or organized it would interrupt the work flow,
The best part of the job is having customers feel at home each and every time they came in.
very inovative o&p facility
Practice Manager, Certified Staff Orthotist (Current Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 29, 2013
Very innovative Orthotic and Prosthetic company. Unlimited resources to my disposal. I enjoy, very much, helping create a better life for people with disabilities
Lots of work to be done everyday the company has a tight knit group of employees and most days I try to throw fun and laughter in there to help take t
Office Administrator (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 9, 2013
Pros: sometimes we receive free lunch or breakfast and some times we receive bonuses
Cons: there's so much work there's no time for a full break.
My current place of employment is a great place to work for, however, there are some things that I do not agree with and that is why I am seeking employment elsewhere. There's no possible way for an employee to advance within this company unless you've been working there for 10 plus years and even then there's a chance you can't advance unless you travel.
Fun flexible workplace with pleasant helpful supervisors
Inventory Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Anaheim, CADecember 5, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule and understanding management
Cons: excess workload and sometimes understaffed during inventory audit season
Daily duties include reviewing and value new incoming inventory.

Advanced my skills in Excel

Pleasant, helpful and fair management

Co-works also pleasant and friendly

Working 90 plus hours for 3 months straight each year to complete inventory for audit is was the most challenging part of the job

Most Enjoyable was the flexibility of schedules post Inventory audit process
Tiny office with orvebearing boss
Orthotic Technician (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 18, 2013
workload way too muchfor one person, tow technicians are needed to cover the workload of the two practioners.
was a great company to work for until new management this year
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Parkersburg, WVSeptember 30, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company until the beginning of this year when I was forced to move to parkersburg to cover for the person that was fired. the hardest part of this job at this time was trying to get certain co workers to work as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients and employee.

Hanger Clinic Salaries