Hanger Clinic

Hanger Clinic Employer Reviews

Good Company
Office Administrator (Current Employee), The VillagesOctober 9, 2014
It is a great company to work for. The employees were very friendly and made me feel at home.
Great pay with Excellent Benefits
Certified Prosthetist (Former Employee), Flowood, MSSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: good time off
Cons: pressure to produce
being able to provide great patient care in a free environment with support as needed
A hard working team of dedicated employees working to help patients.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Saint Louis Park, MNSeptember 10, 2014
I will always appreciate the wide array of information I learned at Hanger.
Great job for the learning experience
Office Administrator/ Certified Mastectomy Fitter (Former Employee), Downey, CAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: knowledge
Cons: not employee advocate
Every branch has different staff different kinds of personalities. The experience that I took while working with the company priceless and the relationships with staff and patients priceless. My only disappointment was that higher management did not advocate for me as an employee. I learned so much about my self on how to advocate for others, how to – more... approach people. This company does make a big difference in peoples lives but they will try to work you for every penny they are paying you. – less
Stressful, the company is not a caring enviroment.
Office Manager (Current Employee), Austell, GAMay 2, 2014
Cons: management
I worked for Atlanta Prosthetics & Orthotics, Inc for 13 years. In January we were brought out by Hanger Clinic. It has been a very hard transition.
A typical day is scheduling patients, making sure when they come in that all their information is up to date. Insurance, patient information, etc. I make sure first and foremost that the patient is taken – more... care of and we see the patient at their scheduled time.
I am responsible for putting in orders, getting authorization from insurance companys, and all the billing in the office. I place all of the custom orders and when the order comes in I am responsible for setting up the appointment for the patient. I work well with people and get along with all of my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is insurance verification. It is a long process at times.
I love the job and the people that we help everyday. It has been a very rewarding career for me. It is nice to see patients that have gone through so much be able to heal and get on with the life. – less
If you are not a share holder you don't count
Orthotist (Former Employee), Whittier, CAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: it is a job.
Cons: the miss match between the helping humanity and the p&l
Work starts at 8 and you have 30 min or less to complete the work for that patient or "run rate". How many dollars did you generate for the Share holder? get the picture
Great technicians to help new med students
Prosthetic and Orthotic Technician - Internship (Former Employee), Salem, ORMarch 2, 2014
Pros: understand a medical internship program is important
Cons: were not hiring at the end of my internship program
Hanger Clinic has great technicians that take the time to help medical internship students, like myself learn the field. The staff and management play a supporting role in how the student reviews are handled.
Hanger
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CAFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: good staff fun place to work
Cons: sitting down all day
I really enjoyed working here I was really well respected and it was a great environment everyone was so kind and helping.
Warm and Friendly Atmosphere
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Portland, MEJanuary 31, 2014
A typical day at work would to get ready for the customers or patients coming in. Being on time and ready to greet and meet the customers or patients is very important to me. I believe in team work on every level. I believe respect should be across the board meaning respecting one another should not have anything to do with a title.
The hardest part – more... of a job would be if there was one in the group that wasn't a team player or organized it would interrupt the work flow,
The best part of the job is having customers feel at home each and every time they came in. – less
very inovative o&p facility
Practice Manager, Certified Staff Orthotist (Current Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 29, 2013
Very innovative Orthotic and Prosthetic company. Unlimited resources to my disposal. I enjoy, very much, helping create a better life for people with disabilities
Lots of work to be done everyday the company has a tight knit group of employees and most days I try to throw fun and laughter in there to help take t
Office Administrator (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLDecember 9, 2013
Pros: sometimes we receive free lunch or breakfast and some times we receive bonuses
Cons: there's so much work there's no time for a full break.
My current place of employment is a great place to work for, however, there are some things that I do not agree with and that is why I am seeking employment elsewhere. There's no possible way for an employee to advance within this company unless you've been working there for 10 plus years and even then there's a chance you can't advance unless you travel.
Fun flexible workplace with pleasant helpful supervisors
Inventory Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Anaheim, CADecember 5, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule and understanding management
Cons: excess workload and sometimes understaffed during inventory audit season
Daily duties include reviewing and value new incoming inventory.

Advanced my skills in Excel

Pleasant, helpful and fair management

Co-works also pleasant and friendly

Working 90 plus hours for 3 months straight each year to complete inventory for audit is was the most challenging part of the job

Most Enjoyable was the flexibility of schedules post – more... Inventory audit process – less
Tiny office with orvebearing boss
Orthotic Technician (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 18, 2013
workload way too muchfor one person, tow technicians are needed to cover the workload of the two practioners.
was a great company to work for until new management this year
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Parkersburg, WVSeptember 30, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company until the beginning of this year when I was forced to move to parkersburg to cover for the person that was fired. the hardest part of this job at this time was trying to get certain co workers to work as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the patients and employee.
I DID NOT ENJOY WORKING HERE VERY MUCH
CERTIFIED TECHNICIAN PROSTHETICS (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILAugust 29, 2013
AS IT WAS ONLY A SHORT POSITION, I FOUND THAT THE CUSTOMERS WERE NOT IMPORTANT THEY ARE ALL ABOUT NUMBERS. PATIENTS/CUSTOMERS ARE VERY IMPORTANT TO ME.
Hanger Clinic
Office Administrator/Collections (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 5, 2013
As previous employee this a great company to work for, but the local office I was in did not have a good working atmosphere. I loved the position I previously had, but would not recommend working out of the location I did. The turnover was very high and was very stressful work environment.
Exciting and Fun workplace with a family atmosphere
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Safety Harbor, FLJuly 11, 2013
I enjoyed going to work everyday. Every day was a new learning experience. Everyone (management, co-workers) were always ready to help if/when it was needed. I so enjoyed my job that I would have gladly worked around the clock.
nice place to work
Practice Manager (Current Employee), Akron, OHMarch 11, 2013
Cons: driving to facilities
management is more concerned about sales than patient care
Very stressful atmosphere, lack of proper training.
Office Administrator (Former Employee), East Syracuse, NYMarch 8, 2013
Pros: new, comfortable building; good lunch breaks.
Cons: hour lunch break is nonpaid; no proper training.
This company puts out a good product, but I do not recommend working there. The management does not make you feel appreciated. There are no perks and compensation is minimal. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting wonderful clients and watching them adapt to their medical conditions with the help from some wonderful providers.
It could always get better!
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 28, 2013
Hanger Clinic is literally about life alterations. It's wonderful to be a part of a company that helps people. If it weren't for the actual job itself and what it is about I would love to continue my experience. However, the attitude behind the scenes at my specific location is quite negative. That is not at all locations though I am sure! My immediate – more... supervisor is very hands on and helpful and I am constantly learning from her. The location I work/worked for lacks team work. Unfortunately for the time being, the bad outweighs the good. – less