Hanger Clinic Employee Reviews

Loved my co-workers
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO/Vancouver, WAApril 25, 2017
Day to day was a great experience with my coworkers, ability to work with Veterans and active duty service people, as well as patients having orthopedic surgery.
Awesome People
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAApril 12, 2017
Great place to Work people are great and their benefits are good Highly Recommend their products and Service Clincians really focus on their patients and care.
Hanger Clinic
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 24, 2017
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I have support form everyone within the company. Whenever someone is falling behind other offices will help out.
Great for learning
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 28, 2017
Definitely fast paced job, always have something to do and team work is definetly a must! Time goes by super quick and lots of pressure is acquired within a single day although other days can run smoothly.
Pros
When u meet budget free lunches
Cons
Need more staff
produtive
Office Administrator/ hospital billing (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 20, 2017
it was great working there I learned a lot. I Work front office doing Insurance verification, authorizations for DME for all physician at multiple locations. Patient intake, Payment posting, charge entry, Knowledge in ICD10 coding Check patients in/out, Scheduling, Medical records, End of Day balancing did billing. I enjoy everything I learned at hanger I love learning new stuff I also did hospital billing spoke with west valley hospitals all day sending our clinicians out to the Hospitals/Care Centers/jails to deliver DME item's for patients.
rewarding work, part of something that makes a difference
Multiple Site Clinic Manager (Current Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 2, 2017
We do amazing things for people by improving the quality of their lives. It is a privilege to be a part of that. As manager, you have a great deal of independence and autonomy to manager your practice while working within the parameters of company guidelines and goals.
Pros
flexibility and autonomy
Cons
emphasis on numbers
Hanger Clinic
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 2, 2017
In my opinion, the company as a whole isn't too bad. I believe that management could be better and more trained. I feel that if an employee wanted to return to school in a field such as this, they should offer tuition reimbursement.
good
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 29, 2017
good place to work, great boss, and staff. Keeping up with workflow was the hard part, aside from difficult patents . Over all I learned to improve my management skills and product flow.
Pros
benefits and flexability
Cons
rate of pay
Would be a good place to work if not for poor management
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 25, 2017
Love helping others with their needs and helping them get there life back, but super poor management and unfairness, family run company made it hard for you to get anywhere with this company and the people they put in charge or management it's like wow! Where do they come from no lack of common sense...would not recommend this place.
Pros
Patients are great
Very positive atmosphere and very rewarding to help all patients in need to ambulate.
Billing Specialist, Payroll (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXJanuary 20, 2017
I have been with Hanger 13 years and I was able to grow with it. I was very inspired to work with Hanger Clinic because I enjoy helping people who are in need to ambulatory and live Thierry life to their fullest.

Want to know more about Hanger Clinic?

Ask a question
Difficult place to work and maintain personal boundaries and balance in a healthy way. Poor management and lack of training or guidance..
Office Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 12, 2017
The requirement of front line staff is to wear too many hats within one day to do it successfully. Things slip through the cracks that way and patient care suffers. Training is lacking and hard to come by, even when requested.
Some days choices were made that were ethically questionable. I would not recommend this as a company to work for if you care about what you do on a daily basis. It was a struggle to reach a balance between taking care of what needed be done each day and doing those things with care and attention to detail.
This is not a place that I would work for again nor would I recommend it as a place for others to work. The pay were less than adequate compared to the region and the cost of living.
Pros
free parking
Cons
poor training, poor compensation and lack of communication
Truly rewarding knowing you are able to help out others with their prosthetic limbs, which is a lifesaver to many in need of them.
Prosthetic Technician (Former Employee) –  Hammond, IndianaDecember 23, 2016
Great co-workers and team members at the Hammond Indiana office. I was treated like family. A very busy office dedicated to its customers.
Pros
co-workers, healthcare, schedule, pay
Cons
Great place to interact with patients on a day to day basis.
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 21, 2016
I never knew how many people needed orthotics and prosthetic devices. Hanger Clinic is the go to place for people needing something that keeps them going in life.
Pros
Monday through Friday shift with hours of 8 to 5/ Holiday pay, sick and PTO
Cons
Limited breaks, structure and work dynamic is not what it seems to be.
Great place to work with great people
Specialist (Current Employee) –  PADecember 6, 2016
Hanger Clinic is an awesome place to work. Management and co-workers care for each other. This is a huge part of why this place is great. Benefits and pay are good, also. I could not ask for a better group of people to surround myself with everyday.
Pros
Balance of work/life balance, great management that keeps you up to date on what is going on within the company, Benefits and pay
Cons
Some co-workers can be petty at times, but that happens.
Productive and a cool workplace.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GANovember 30, 2016
I love working in the environment seeing all of the different patients on a day to day basis. But there is some management issues that need to be address. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
Good place
Office Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  McAlester, OKOctober 10, 2016
It was a great place to work. Nice environment. Great co workers. The patients are extremely friendly. Nice hours. Great place over all
Difficult job for low pay
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAOctober 7, 2016
Very hostile environment with very unprofessional coworkers. A lot of cussing that is always heard by patients. Management does not do anything when concerns are brought up.

Very wonderful patients who were always respectful and funny.

Busy office that required more staff than was there. Put extra pressure on the main people doing the front office jobs.
Pros
Wonderful patients
Cons
Hostile environment
Lacking in Leadership.
Central Fabrication Manager/Senior CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYSeptember 27, 2016
Loved the job. No place to move up. Bosses had less experience and less education. Leadership lacks training. Upper management is disconnected from regional management and this shows. Rules are made up out of thin air by local management.
externship
Medical Billing and Coding Externship (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 22, 2016
Learned about claims, HCPC's, healthcare admin, DME products. I enjoyed the environment and the work that I was doing.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Externship
Toxic Work Environment
Orthotic Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 31, 2016
This is a company that's been kicked off the New York Stock Exchange for unethical business practices.

This is a company that buys out smaller companies, then lays off or abuses their new employees until they are all gone within a year or two.

This is a company that lays off workers randomly and arbitrarily.

This is a company that has no guidelines restricting nepotism and cronyism.

This is a company that exclusively promotes people to high management positions from outside the company.

This is a company that will fire you for asking for ventilation while working with hazardous chemicals.

This is a company that offers a annual "bonus", but for most people it amounts to pocket change as middle managers and their relatives pocket it for themselves or purposefully overpay themselves to make sure there is no bonus.
Pros
it's a steady paycheck, nobody checks to see if you're working so you can take a day off to hide and play on your phone, most of your time will be spent counting inventory which is a job that a chimp could do
Cons
Toxic work environment, shareholders are suing, human resources is a joke, no stability, long term goals are fluffy clouds, massive nepotism problem

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hanger Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.