HANGER Employee Reviews in United States

Great company culture
Private (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 9, 2016
Excellent place to work, very professional but laid-back. Great place to start a career. Focused on caring for others.
A culturally diverse work environment
Revenue Cycle Analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 20, 2015
A good place to build a career and the work life balance is typical of a big company. Unlimited room for growth within the company
Pros
Free games
Cons
Fast paced with somthing always happening
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 10, 2015
Fun for me doing so many things to help a small company. I am a jack of all trades so the fit was well. As I moved up and wanted to make more changes and evolve with the business hit some speed bumps with my mentor and not wanting to adapt or change.
I was compensated very well and helped assist in the selling of all three bars.
Great benefits.
Payment poster. (Former Employee) –  Austin TXAugust 24, 2015
Company is a great but the management in the RCM department have major power trips and can't work together. The employees are great to work with most of the time if the managers don't pin them against each other. If you keep your head down and only talk when spoken to you will have a great work environment.

I loved working there but sometimes you know when it's time to move on.
unique
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Steinway, NYAugust 23, 2015
hanger had unique pieces of clothing and they made sure the customers were pleased. whenever we saw someone carrying a piece of clothing , we directly asked if they wanted to start a fittting room. the store wasn't that big but had numerous options for customers and enough space for workers.
Good Company
IT Manager, Telecommunications (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 28, 2015
IT organization is a good place to work, the company has a great mission and does great things for people. Very flexible and a good office space.
Good work enviroment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Glasgow mtMarch 23, 2015
Making hamburgers making and cooking piza making sure supply are ready. How to manage time and keep track of food cooking being in both area and not to loose track of what is going on. The owner is willing to work with you and help out when it is needed.
Pros
lunch break
Cons
healthcare
Friendly and team environment with strong work ethics.
Contract Analyst/Fee Schedule Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJanuary 15, 2015
A normal day of work consisted of meetings, development of charts, and supervising temp employees. I learned a great deal from this company:

- how to create flow charts
- how to create directional material for training purposes
- how to create a fee schedule from scratch
- how to program Janus for billing
- how to load fee schedules into multiple systems (Janus, OPS, & Fee Factory
- assisted in the development of a new system for maintaining fee schedules
- how to create a master pricing sheet for Medicare & U&C pricing for each state
- how to interpret and understand the language of medical contracts and determine if pricing was beneficial to company

Everything that I learned from this company allow me to expand my skill sets and provided me with strong background on Medicare and Medicaid pricing. The co-workers were excellent and always worked within a team environment. Every department assisted each other to ensure the best customer service was provided. The hardest part of the job was going home. The most enjoyable part of the job was going into work everyday knowing that you were part of an excellent team and everyday you assisted in helping someone obtain the best customer service and product they needed and deserved.
Pros
benefits, work environment, duties, and co-workers
Cons
the position i was in transferred to the corporate office another state.
Good company, not so good job
Admin to the Senior VP- Clinical Services (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 4, 2014
The department I worked for at Hanger, Inc. had approximately 15 employees, most of whom were spread all over the country and worked from home. The department head, who was my boss, happened to live and work in the town in which I reside. He was able to work from any location and seldom spent much time at the office. It was very difficult to reach my usual level of expertise because I had limited exposure to what was happening in the company on a daily basis.
Pros
informal work environment.
Cons
lots of time to fill with nothing to do.
vry dynamic work enviroment
Prosthetist, Orthotist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSSeptember 25, 2014
grea.t team to work with. Very dynamic work environment . lots of different work environment. A very large group of patients to care for.

g
Pros
geat facilities to work in
Cons
sttress to produce

Want to know more about HANGER?

Ask a question
Great People
Director of Account Sales & Services (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 29, 2014
Great People and flexible hours, but looking for a long term financial opportunity.
Pros
work from home
Cons
advancement opportunities
Working at Hanger
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 19, 2014
I would avoid working here until communication is improved, career paths are clear, work life balance is improved.
Pros
soda fountain machine, nice office, great coworkers
Cons
very little chance for advancement, no one makes decisions, etc
It's a job
Senior Accountant - Order to Cash - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 6, 2014
The history of this company is amazing. What they do to empower people is second to none.

As an accountant at the company is draining. Too many hours, too many loose ends. No communication from any groups, therefore, reconciliations are done over and over again. Data is received from too many sources and there is no process and procedures. The people are great, but they don't have time to train you.
Pros
the usual. free soda, at the domain, cookies and cakes
Cons
very long work hours, with mandatory saturdays.
Good Company to work for.
Billing specialist (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXDecember 30, 2012
Billed, Collected and Posted all insurnaces. Balanced accounting monthly, Quartly and yearly. Small office with great employees.
Excellent Mission/Innovative and Fast Paced
Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 2, 2012
Relaxed business atmosphere with some flex scheduling options newly available.
I learned billing rules,Medicare guidelines,became familiar with insurance differences nationwide as well as many state Medicaid rules and nuances.
Have been through 2 upper management re-orgs,and have seen many many changes in management and team staff as well as processes.
The most difficult has been to survive the re-orgs.
Most enjoyable is shcedule flexibility and health coverage after 30 days of employment.
Pros
great helath coverage, work schedule flexibility, casual atmosphere.
Cons
2 re-orgs too many, lack of professional training, too many process changes to become proficient with any of the changes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HANGER. Our community is ready to answer.