Hanley Wood

Hanley Wood Employee Reviews

Avoid at all costs if you are a creative
Senior Content Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis MNAugust 6, 2015
Extremely high turnover; psychotic managers who have either been there way too long and/or will do all kinds of unethical things to keep their jobs.
Innovative Strategy in a Struggling Market
Executive Director, Customer Marketing (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 20, 2015
The company has been undergoing a lot of change in recent years, but I was able to diversify and even elevate my responsibilities during my time there.
Great place to work, unfortunately happened at a poor time in the economy
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 9, 2014
Great place to work, was laid off due to down turn in the real estate market
Pros
work from home, schedule
Cons
limited advancement opportunities
Productive fun place filled with great people and technology
Exhibits Manager (Former Employee) –  Addison, ILJanuary 3, 2014
Learned how to manage World of Concrete, an 800,000 trade show with over 20,000 attendees. Gained knowledge of operations, logistics and floor plan management. I really enjoyed the variety of work in both the national and World of Concrete Argentina, Panama & Mexico.
Pros
employee appreciation & profit sharing
Best creative company I've worked for
Contract Production Designer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 20, 2013
I did Fedex legal sheet and a saw blade catalog. Great work team and everyone seemed to know what they were doing. Management was very good. Great project managers. No inner fighting in the company that I could tell.
Pros
everyone knew what they were doing
Cons
only a contract job.
Initially a terrific place to work but corporate climate soured when significant job cuts were intitiated
Senior Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 30, 2013
I originally loved coming to work at Hanley Wood; however, the current climate has changed significantly with frequent lay-offs and replacements with younger, less experienced employees. There seems to be little attempt to transition current employees into different positions.
Pros
great healthcare program with wellness incentives
Cons
job security
All around solid company.
Property Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMarch 6, 2013
With management who cares for your well being, provide plenty of resources, perks and benefits, along with considerate co-workers around you, the rigorous work load for a day's worth can go by like a breeze.
Pros
management, resources, perks.
Productive place of work, open management style that allows for professional and personal growth.
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 7, 2012
I learned many things about the housing industry working at this company. The management style allowed for me to be independent in my work which gave me confidence to perform to my top ability while at the same time providing numerous opportunity for in depth training and continuing work education.
Very dedicated and smart company
Senior Web Producer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 1, 2012
Although I was laid off, the company operates as finely-tuned machine which has allowed it to be profitable and successful over the years. The keep lean and are not frivolous with how they spend money. They are strategic and smart. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
friendly
Cons
limited communication from management. big changes are often announced at the last minute.
Smart.Fast.Competitive.
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 21, 2012
Not the place for digital folks, but they are striving to be. Some accounts run smoother than others. There are always the client services staff that are all anout meeting the client's needs, and don't necessarily understand what it entails to meet those demands, but at the end of the day. (and I'm talking 10-12 hour days), it's just mrketing!
Pros
downtown location
Cons
pay, work load, horrible benefits, crabby co-workers
This was a good place to work
Director of Research Operations (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 2, 2012
I enjoyed working with all my staff members. The change of ownership caused a few ripples and some changes that were not so desireable. I learned a lot about market research and data applications.
Pros
i got to work with some really nice people.
Great entry level job.
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 26, 2012
Hanley Wood is a great place to work once you graduate. Working as a Research Associate you research and track residential developments and get hands on knowledge of the real estate development field.
Pros
team lunch, benefits are decent, relaxed work environment.
Cons
pay