Hannaford Bros

Hannaford Bros Employer Reviews

Not the best company I have worked for
Loss Prevention - Evening Mgr. - Grocery Mgr (Former Employee), Kingston, NYAugust 11, 2014
Needed a medical procedure went over fmla timeline. posted my position while on medical leave.
It was a good experience
Bakery Manager (Former Employee), Dracut, MAJuly 24, 2014
Pros: continiously changing
Cons: certain unreasonable expectations
Start day by reviewing sales from previous day then checking department conditions. Then making lists to prioritize necessary jobs. Then delegate and assign to associates and myself. Then continuously keeping track of department conditions and updating necessary jobs. I have learned good time management skills, delegation, following through with assignments – more... and associates, and quality control. Developed and maintained a good working relationship with upper management, peers, as well as associates working below me. The hardest part of my job was having to discipline good associates due to some unreasonable policies. The most enjoyable part of my job was spending the day in my department working with my associates. – less
Great place, Great people
Bakery Associate (Former Employee), West Sand Lake, NYJuly 11, 2014
Pros: great people to work with.
Cons: no discounts...
This is one of the nicer Hannaford Markets, the people working there give it that kindly neighbor feeling that makes customers happy to keep coming back.
good starting job
Meat Cutter (Current Employee), Madison, MEApril 18, 2014
Cons: benefits as well as insurance.
Hannaford is an ok place to work for first time jobbers as well as high school kids. I learned team work. certain co-workers are alright. Most enjoyable part of job was getting to learn new things of meat. hardest part is trying to advance in company.
Good benefits
Assistant Manager of Customer Service (Current Employee), Dover, NHFebruary 24, 2014
Nice place to work. Friendly co-workers. Can be fast-paced at times.
Started out AWESOME, but then things changed
Manager of Customer Services (Former Employee), New EnglandJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: people, advancement, pay, benefits
Cons: change in culture, less staff, more multitasking
As with many companies, Hannaford was great when they were privately owned, but then they were bought out and the crunch began.
Hannaford
Customer service associate (Former Employee), oneonta NYJanuary 24, 2014
good people steady work. a good starting job for a high school student.
Great Managers and Energetic Environment
Service Leader (Current Employee), Manchester, NHDecember 31, 2013
Pros: scholarship opportunities, free thanksgiving and christmas dinner
Cons: part-time hours vary significantly
All of the managers, including the store manager will not hesitate to strike up a conversation or tell an employee that he or she is doing a great job. The hardest part of this job is getting carts because no one likes to go out in fifteen degree weather pushing carriages. There is a general sense of teamwork among employees that makes it a great place – more... to work. I have enhanced my customer service excellence and learned how to work with other employees effectively. I have learned to take the lead and be more comfortable in every situation. – less
Managers work to help associates get promoted.
Assistant Deli Manager (Current Employee), Saratoga Springs, NYNovember 12, 2013
Good place to work. Hannaford is very diverse and gives job opportunities to all different types of people. They teach and encourage associates to move up the corporate ladder.
Not a bad company overall.
Customer Service Rep./Cashier/Grocery Bagger (Former Employee), Standish, MEOctober 11, 2013
It was a good job while I was in high school. Flexible hours and mostly fast paced.
Typical Grocery Store Work
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Yarmouth, MEAugust 16, 2013
• Ran cash register at busy supermarket.
• Decent pay for work, though not always rewarding.
Productive and fun place to work!
Bakery Associate (Former Employee), New Hartford, NYJuly 30, 2013
Pros: for every 2-4 hours worked you earned a 15 minute break and a 30 minute lunch.
Cons: no health care
I learned so much working here! It was always fun helping costumers and working with that staff. At the end of the day I always felt good about working here. The hardest part of this job was trying to figure out what the costumer would like.
cashier and bagging groceries with a smile
Front End Associate (Former Employee), Concord, NHJuly 12, 2013
making sure all customers were taken care of, friendly atmosphere, bagging groceries based on each individual preference, stocking shelves, and cashing out customers.
Busy, high traffic company with a positive workforce
bookkeeper (Current Employee), Waltham, MAJune 24, 2013
Pros: the level of customer service, fellow associates
Cons: healthcare, hours
In the Customer Service Department of Hannaford Bro. Co. there is certainly no typical day at work. Everyday brings you some new challenge and something new to learn. While under employment with Hannaford Supermarkets you must learn to manage time, make sometimes difficult decisions, and make sure that the day and all transactions go as smoothly, and – more... satisfactory to the customer as possible.
While bookkeeping you must handle all the incoming monies that the store sees for the previous day and the week. All the information related to these monies must be processed and handled in an efficient and sensitive manner.
When you are working as a Service Leader in the Customer Service Department your day encompasses a vast amount of duties. You must maintain the schedule for the day while carefully ensuring the customer flow through the store continues smoothly and efficiently. On top of these you must make sure all associates are adhering to standard procedure and are providing the best customer service possible.
Management in both Hannaford Supermarkets I have worked for put a great deal of trust and depend greatly on the abilities of their bookkeepers and their Service Leaders to ensure the store is delivering the level of service customers have come to expect. The Customer Service Manager especially depends and trusts the bookkeepers with the store's cash flow, including the management of and the recording of said cash flow.
The hardest part of the job sometimes is making sure that the level of communication among all the employees is where it should be. With such a hectic and busy day often some information isn't passed along as properly as it should be. Thankfully, however, it is not a constant occurrence and happens most often when we are experiencing a higher volume of customers than anticipated.
The most enjoyable part of the day is seeing the associates you work with and along side learn something new, especially when it is something that you helped them with. It is extremely rewarding to see successful communication and interactions between customers and associates when you know you've played a part in helping develop the customer service skills that associate has. – less
Meeting new people
Bookkeeper/ Assistant Manager of Customer Service (Former Employee), Waterboro, MEJune 14, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: took on too many projects
I would come in and set up for the day. I would handle closing out the day before, as well as balancing out tills. There would be waiting on customers, answering phones and helping other employees while closing out the financials from the day before. Also, took care of deposits and ordering coin. I was head of the Connects Committee for employee awareness – more... like Employee of the Month. I ordered supplies for the store and headed up school tours while working on the schedule and assisting in the running of the front end. – less
Great place to start a career
Assistant Associate Relations Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, NHJune 8, 2013
Co-workers were the best part of the job, loved being a manager there really enjoyed the flexible schedule.
Not good
Cashier, Maintenance (Former Employee), Londonderry, NHApril 24, 2013
employers treated me like garbage,not symathetic to anything, ran the business backwards
Fun fast paced place to work.
Pricing Analyst Assistant (Former Employee), ScarboroughApril 1, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Assisted the Pricing Analyst. I had a variety of duties each day.
Rewarding Experience
Front End Service Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee), Raymond, NHMarch 23, 2013
Pros: well scheduled breaks, good mgmt., constant work.
Cons: lack of assistance with special projects.
Working in Mgmt. is very rewarding, many puzzles to constantly solve. Hours are flexible, coworkers are enjoyable and the ethics of the company are proud to have.
Large company.....small advancements
Master Network Associate (Former Employee), Biddeford, MEMarch 18, 2013
A very large and organized company in New England, and is Maine's largest employer in the state. Job security and benefits are decent, job advancement is difficult.