Hannaford Brothers

Hannaford Brothers Employer Reviews

Community Driven
Assistant Deli/Bakery/Seafood Manager (Former Employee), Bangor, MEDecember 29, 2013
Pros: great health insurance and community involvement
Cons: being taken over by a larger company and hours being cut.
When I worked for Hannaford I enjoyed every aspect of my job, from problem solving and writing a schedule for 30+ people to getting to interact with my favorite regular customers. Hannaford is HUGE in the community in New England and I got to get involved in some really great charities and donate my time for events. The upper management was always really – more... supportive and always there to help. I learned so much from so many different managers I can't begin to thank them all. – less
Fast paced, dedicated to customer service and satisfaction, Ultimate Service Experience
Produce Department Manager (Former Employee), Meredith, NHMay 30, 2013
Pros: associate, manager, customer free food events, community oriented
Cons: space, resources (sometimes not available), never slows down
Start any day with an upbeat attitude or it can go sour fast. Smiles are a necessity, and it gives customers that first entrance impression of a good experience.
Learning is an everyday thing with training, web tutorials, and classes on all forms of business/services.
The hardest part of the job is when resources lack either through technical errors, – more... maintenance, or restriction due to raised demand for the resources.
The greatest rewards come in two varieties. Most would say profits, but I would say when a trained associate gets promoted, or a customer puts in writing the pleasures of their experience in my department. There is a pride there that makes even a cloudy day seem sunshine. – less
Excellent start up bussiness
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee), Auburn, MaineApril 17, 2013
Pros: flexable hours
Cons: not a consistent schedule
Good for when you are in high school. Teach you customer service and how to become more efficient as a cashier.
Productive and fun work place
Front End Shift Leader (Current Employee), Dracut, MANovember 15, 2012
Pros: great managment
Cons: on your feet for long hours running back and forth
Hannaford is a great place to work but it is not my forever job thats why I went to school to be a medical assistant. My Job is a front end shift leader I over see all the cashiers and baggers I handle cash,make sure everyone gets to break on time and manage lines to make it a fast and easy shopping experiance for our customers.
Various postitions
Various Positions (Former Employee), Concord, NHOctober 31, 2012
Worked a variety of retail positions in several stores in NH and VT. Some very challenging and enjoyable when busy and stressful
Nice place to work enjoy my position and co-workers/supervisors
Retirement Benefits Representative (Current Employee), Scarborough Me, Corporate officeSeptember 29, 2012
I have learned a lot from my experience working with Hannaford Bros. In the several differnet positions I have held I would have to say the Call Center was the most challenging position, because I was very limited in my capabilities and diversity, I enjoy doing various different tasks and enjoy helping people, I was limited to just answering calls and – more... unable to provide much, if any assistance. I personally felt very incapable of working independantly in this role and unsupported by management at times.

I find working in the Retirement Benefits roll to be the most enjoyable experience, I feel that I am making a difference and my tasks vary, I am always busy, and enjoy being able to help partiipants understand their pension plan. The people in my department are always helpful and supportive and encouraging. We enjoy working as a team, but also work independantly.

In the time that I have been employed at Hannaford I feel I have personally grown, I am more confident, and have a better understanding of what it is like to work in a large corporate office. I feel that my skills are sharper in a lot of different systems/programs. I have learned that I have excellent customer service skills. I also hae a better understanding of what I am looking for in a career. – less
A great place to work
Cashier and customer service associate (Current Employee), Bangor, MESeptember 12, 2012
Hannaford Brothers is a great place to work. They are very accomodating to those who are in school or with families and are willing to work around your schedules. The management all seem to be on the same page with different happenings around the store and everyone works together well.
Fun energetic place to work
Meat Cutter (Former Employee), Bedford, NHJuly 29, 2012
Pros: working with people, satisfying customers
Cons: working in the cold
My typical day at Hannafords would consist of keeping the Meat Case full and looking fresh to the requirements set forth by Hannafords. While there I learned how to properly cut meat. Also, I learned how to prperly handle food and keep stations sanitary.

I enjoy the group that I worked with. We all had to work together to achieve our goals set forth – more... for the day. The mangament was always willing to help you and answer any questions that you had.

The most challenging aspects were always working in the cold. And the most rewarding was knowing that a customer was happy with the service you provided them. – less
Flexible
Associate (Former Employee), old town maineJune 18, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: no discounts on food that you get on breaks
Very flexible and helped me balance my work school and activities schedule. Very personable managers.
wonderful people to work with
service desk associate (Former Employee), kingston,nyMay 14, 2012
was a good atmisphere to work in, it was stressful but rewarding in other ways..
Fun while working
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Auburn, MEMarch 23, 2012
Pros: great people
Cons: no growth
The people I worked with had so much experience that I could learn just by watching them! I enjoyed every minute of bakery life!
not enough hours and they expect you to drop everything in your life when they call you on youd day off
customer service (Former Employee), cony circle hannaford in augusta maineMarch 11, 2012
some weeks i would get 12 or 13 hours, they knew when i was hired i was a single mom and they told me i would always get at least 25 hours. i couldnt afford to work for them and my manager ( marie) couldnt seem to get my availability correct so it was impossable to get another part time job. it totally sucked there.
My part time job while in school
Cashier (Current Employee), Clifton Park, New YorkApril 11, 2011
Pros: pays well over minimum wage, if someone calls out the whole team steps up
Cons: tends to be cliquey, requested full time hours and still got part time
Hannaford Brothers Company in Clifton Park can be a good, fun, and exciting job. You get to meet a lot of interesting people, not only the customers but your coworkers as well. The Clifton Park store tends to be cliquey... However, when asked to work in another store, the other stores are really happy that someone from a different store could help out. – more... Hannaford has been my only job so far (still there until I find a job in my field) and I must say, the company goes well out of their way in regards to paying their employees. I have been at the company for almost six years and I have never complained about how much I'm getting at the end of each week. – less