Hannaford Supermarkets

Hannaford Supermarkets Employer Reviews

Hannaford's
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), North Conway, NHFebruary 5, 2015
My typical day was content. I go to work and come home telling myself what i did correctly and how i could do better. I learned a lot about people as well as myself because working with people teaches a person how to be more patient, friendly, and help the customer have a better experience. The hardest part was retrieving carts. The best part was seeing a family shopping together and making sure they had a good time, making conversation with people. Grocery shopping can be hectic for some as we know. I also love the children and making conversation with them.
Certain people made it fun and the time went by fast.
Natures Place Associate (Former Employee), Guilderland, NYJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: nice people.. good coffee
Cons: the pay wasnt great. hours werent either.
It was a learning experience. The management were ok. Some of my ex coworkers were nice.. and I got along with them great. The hardest part of my job was keeping my quota up when putting products on the shelves. The most enjoyable part of my job were certain people.
Great startup job
Service Clerk (Former Employee), Goffstown, NHApril 29, 2014
Great place to build communication skills and leadership skills.
great and productive place to work
Maintenance & Grocery Associate (Former Employee), clinton, massachusettsApril 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches and catered holiday meals
Cons: people that didnt care
everyday we had a team on the same page and all of us worked for the same goal and out in hard work all shift and that's a great feeling to have and i learned how to better myself and my work habits in several different ways and every single one of my co workers were awesome, and the hardest part was playing catch up if we ever were behind but besides that i loved this job
A super market EDLP operator that struggles vs. a good hi low operator.
Manager of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee), Charlotte, ncFebruary 20, 2014
There is no typical day in the life of a supermarket manager. The ever changing environment make it enjoyable to work at.
A decent employer with no room for rule-breakers
Deli Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rotterdam, NYJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: room to advance, possibility for transfer, employee recognition
Cons: strict about the rules
Hannaford was a pretty good job that paid a fair wage for the work expected. They are not lenient when it comes to the rules. If you break a rule the repercusions from that could be harsh
Good place to start off
full time produce associate (Current Employee), New Windsor New YorkJanuary 13, 2014
A typical day for me at Hannaford is i arrive at work at 4am, break down the produce truck, and from there i proceed to restock the fruits and vegetables.
I ve been with the company for 9 years and i have learned alot about the system works and also multiple departments.
My co-workers and I are a really good team, we get the job and enjoy each others company.
great working place
service clerk- bagger (Former Employee), Ida Grove, IAJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: fun and exciting
Cons: costomers can be rude
It's a great place to work because they believe in making a difference.
Hannaford
Evening Operations Manager (Former Employee), derry, nhNovember 9, 2013
Pros: flexable hours
Cons: work nights and weekends and holidays
Advancement is based on who you know not what you know and how you preform. Pay is horrible. They recently cut all bonuses. Great company run by a bunch of idiots.
Core company values and methodology is positive
REGIONAL MARKETING STRATEGIST (Current Employee), Scarborough, MENovember 6, 2013
Pros: health and customer focused
Cons: work/life balance can be difficult
Company has strong core values and a solid work methodology. It is always focused on our customers and works every day on delivering the best quality products and value to our customers.
A great campany to work for.
Store Manager, (Former Employee), Portland, MEOctober 30, 2013
Hannaford was a great company to work at for over 20 years. Hannaford is a company with a long proud history, and is now a core banner for Delhaize America.
Hannaford is a great place to work
Center Store Associate (Former Employee), South Portland, MESeptember 19, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: crazy schedule
Hannaford provides a good working atmosphere. They provide good training, and good pay. I have grown within this company from a shift supervisor to an assistant manager, and because I had to go to school they were flexible in giving me a position in Center Store to accommodate my schooling, The hardest part of my job was not the job itself but leaving the company.
Productive and busy place to work!
Bagger/Cashier/Customer Service Desk (Former Employee), Rutland, VTAugust 21, 2013
A typical day at work involed scanning grocies, and bagging them. The customer service desk was a bit more challenging because it involved lottery tickets, western union, stamps, returns, movie rentals at the time, but I enjoyed every minute of this job.
Alright place to work if you dont have a family or bills
Cashier, customer service, cart retrieval (Current Employee), Oneonta, NYJuly 29, 2013
Cons: short hours, no signs of full time.
I enjoyed my position until i found out there were chances of full time but the department i was in had no full time shifts. hours are cut left and right but they still hire more cashiers meaning NO chance of getting more hours
Company that cares about its employees
Front End Associate (Current Employee), Athol, MAJuly 22, 2013
For a grocery store job that I got in high school, this is the best i could possibly have asked for. Great place to work, and I've never once been cheated on my breaks and lunches, or any form of compensation.
We focus on giving customers a positive experience and making their shopping experience as fast and easy as possible.
Bookkeeper (Current Employee), Pawling, NYJuly 2, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: no healthcare available, no full time positions
If I am bookkeeping for the day then I show up at 6 a.m. and it is my responsibility to count all the money from the day before. I have to hold people accountable if their registers are off. When bookkeeping is done we have to watch the service desk and the front end at the same time. If there are lines it is my job to find someone to open up another register. The hardest part of my job is when a customer is unhappy with something that happened during their shopping experience and I have to try and make them as happy as possible. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people that I work with. We work well together, but at the same time we are like a big family.
Very customer service oriented.
Cake Designer (Former Employee), Airport Mall.... Bangor MaineJune 14, 2013
Pros: great management team, would work with employees schedules and very safe.
Cons: overworked most of the time and feel my position was underpaid.
Hannaford was a great place to work. Would have liked to have had full time with benefits.
Productive, great first job to learn and grown as an indivdual.
Bagger/Cashier/Customer Service Desk (Former Employee), Rutland, VTMay 19, 2013
Bagging grocies, to becoming a cashier to becoming the young lady at the customer service desk was enjoyable. I was held for a lot of responsibility and I succeded. Everyone was wonderful. It was the best seven year career of my life.
Great teamwork
Produce Associate (Current Employee), Gray, MEMarch 1, 2013
At Hannaford's supermarket, I usually wake up at 3am to start my day at 4am. We typically break down the load, search the entire department for bad produce, Prep the fresh vegetables daily, stock the product and deal with costumer service all day long. In the produce department in Gray, Maine, we all work as a great team and get along fantastically.
It was just average. Kind of miserable
Produce Associate (Former Employee), Nashua, NHDecember 14, 2012
Cons: short unpaid break
Stock shelves all day
Learned people skills because of helping customers
manager was bitter old man
co workers were overall good some bitter old men
hardest part of the job was cleaning at the end of the day
the most enjoyable was dealing with different people