Hannaford

Hannaford Employer Reviews

great employees
Seafood Associate (Former Employee), Norwell, MAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: employees
Cons: front end manager
learned a lot about seafood, great at cashier, got a lot quicker at stocking, great customer service, was really helpful to customers, always got work done by the end of shift
Good place to start out a job. Healthy work environment. Good human interaction.
Kids Club Associate (Current Employee), Manchester, NHFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: occasional coupons, associate appreciation
Cons: short breaks, demanding job
A typical day at work is going in and fulfilling my job requirements as needed. My co-workers are pleasant as I am friends with most of them. The hardest part of the job is the carriages. The easiest part of the job is helping out customers.
A Great First Job, But Not A Career
Bookkeeper / Service Leader (Current Employee), Waterville, MEFebruary 1, 2015
I most enjoy the customer service aspect of the job. Interacting and providing excellent customer service to customers is a skill of mine. I do also like the bookkeeping aspect of my job. I'm really good at numbers and cash handling, so I found it very easy and satisfying. Also, I enjoyed the challenges sometimes that were imposed when lines didn't match up, or etc. Hannaford was a great place to start my work experience, but I'm looking to go further.
Productive and fun workspace
Cashier (Former Employee), Portland, MEJanuary 12, 2015
Cons: late on releasing us for lunch, break, ext.
I learned that no matter how horrible or wrong a customer is you must treat them with respect and help them any way possible.

The management was ok. They were always there when I needed them, but I feel like they weren't acting as a team with us.

My co-workers didn't really talk much. I feel like you should be able to talk to your co-workers but not so much you take away from customer service.
Fast paced work enviornment with great employees
Hannaford Associate (Former Employee), VermontJanuary 7, 2015
Never a dull moment in a grocery store. There is always plenty to do and lots of customers to help. The best part of the job was having great co workers and many friendly customers. The hardest part of the job was staying motivated to do the same thing day after day. It is a great place to work while going to school because they can be very flexible in writing schedules to fit your needs.
Good workplace and management
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Clifton Park, NYJanuary 3, 2015
I enjoyed working here because they had a cukture where they helped their employees meet their goals and would listen to you when you had problems or other concerns. Friendly staff as well
Friendly environment with easy work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Waltham, MADecember 23, 2014
Pros: easy work load, good staff
Cons: distance, hours, and scheduling conflicts
A typical day can be relatively slow, in terms of the amount of customers. we would get a rush here an there. But there was definitely time to handle all the responsibilities that needed to be done. The co-workers are awesome and team players.
work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Washington Mills, NYDecember 19, 2014
Depdending on where i would be at...i could be at customer service or on front end! All around my current job is great..a great place to work for an awesome co workers! Great pay...great hours...just an all around great company to work for
Great part-time job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Skowhegan, MEDecember 12, 2014
Hannaford has provided me with a great part time job while going through college. I have enjoyed the people I have worked with and interacting with the many customers.
Tedious hard work with a fun atmosphere
Night Crew (Former Employee), Bennington, VTDecember 10, 2014
Pros: choice of food
Cons: night shift
The hardest part of the job was lifting up and setting down up to 100lbs repetitively for forty-five minutes at a time, which made the most enjoyable part of the job even more enjoyable, a 2am lunch break.
Great job...
Pharmacist (Former Employee), Leominster, MADecember 9, 2014
I really have nothing bad to say about the job itself. I loved most of the people I worked with, but more importantly I loved my customers, they made each day worth waking up for, I miss them terribly already and wish everyone at the company well! They are making me write more about the company, but honestly because of the way I left I cant....
Leading grocery retailer in Maine
Meat Cutter (Current Employee), ScarboroughDecember 3, 2014
Pros: growth, job security - you can go grocery shopping after work.
Cons: they deny wc claims by default.
Hannaford is a great place to work, and gives opportunities for growth to those who put in the effort. Compensation is mediocre for entry level part-time positions, but Meat Cutters, Pharmacists and Managers make considerably more. My experience with management has been overall positive. Dealing with customers can be difficult. I would recommend this company to younger individuals looking an entry level job with the opportunity to grow.
Just a job. Not a career
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Wappingers Falls, NYNovember 25, 2014
Had it's moments, good and bad. Wouldn't make a career out of working at Hannaford.
Not too bad
Center Store Associate (Former Employee), Augusta, MENovember 12, 2014
Pros: friendly coworkers, helpful management
Cons: drama, average pay
Great company to move up in if you can manage to avoid useless drama.
Productive, fast paced
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Modena, NYNovember 11, 2014
Pros: convienent
Cons: non-consistent managment
The pharmacy is a very fast paced environment with a day full of multi-tasking duties. I enjoy being busy and take good control of multi-tasking.
Productive workplace
Night crew stock associate (Current Employee), Gorham, MENovember 10, 2014
The hardest part of the job is the hours. My co-workers are amazing and make my job fun. The management will do anything that they can do to help out their employees.
fun to go to work
Maintenance (Current Employee), Lagrangeville, NYOctober 23, 2014
Pros: frequently offered lunches and free food
Cons: breaks go fast
its a fun place to work, managers are transferred frequently, I learned a lot being there i.e. ordering supplies. Coworkers are nice overall for the most part.
If it's just a start...
Cashier/Service Clerk/Meat and seafood clerk. (Former Employee), Gardiner, MEOctober 14, 2014
Pros: friendly environment, feeling of accomplishment when you succeed.
Cons: hours can be weird, depends on your store/department
If your first job is to be somewhere, let it be Hannaford. Sure, the hours may mess your life up a little bit, but you will join a family that will always be there to help you. I never felt like I was alone there, because someone would help me if I needed it. And if you show your stuff, and prove you're a good worker, you'll advance, and it will feel worth it.
Nice co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee), Boothbay Harbor, MEOctober 10, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: dead end job
Hannaford is a large corporation. Hard work and dependability is not rewarded or noticed. The job is fine, however there is no room for advancement unless you are related to someone in a position of power.
Busy, consistent job.
Assistant Stock Crew Manager (Former Employee), Gray, MEOctober 6, 2014
Pros: good people to work with.
Cons: benefits could be better.
I worked for Hannaford for over six years and enjoyed my time there. I am looking to get into auto sales. I would go back if the right job came around.

1 2 3 4 5

About Hannaford

Hannaford Bros. may have started as a fruit and vegetable stand in 1883, but it has expanded from its Maine roots to become an – Read more