Hannaford Employee Reviews

Busy,Rarely slow, Unprofessional
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 17, 2018
Hours were low. Even when requested they wouldn’t give more hours or would schedule you even when you’ve requested off in advance. Employees would walk or sit around and not help when it got busy unless told by the manager. Employees were unprofessional
Fun but not a career
CASHIER/CUSTOMER (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJanuary 17, 2018
Worked part time while going to school. Staff is nice to work with and it's not very stressful of a job but not really a "career". Customers can sometimes be a pain.
fast paced, fun
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEJanuary 16, 2018
Enjoyed the fast paced work environment, the people and how every day was different than the one before. I really liked working at the customer service desk and the people I worked with were great.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
long hours on feet, low appreciation
Good company
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, MEJanuary 15, 2018
It was a great company to work for but the management definitely needs to be looked at. Customers were also great to work with. There just was not a lot of communication throughout the store so it was a very slow process
a day at work
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  ficthburg ma 01420January 14, 2018
Work was very busy on some days, you always had things to do. I liked how cleaned it was. Very good customer service.and everyone was nice to you i love my job
Pros
i like eveything
Fun work place
Produce Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJanuary 13, 2018
It was a really nice job and the people i had they were rarely cooperative with me and i like to work with this company but becusr i moved to a different place I started to miss that work and the people.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Health care
Good Starting Job
Bakery Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wiliston, VTJanuary 12, 2018
Good place for your first job, but you'' want to get another, better one soon. All depends on the management, but definitely not a life-long career choice, if you can avoid it.
fast paced
Inventory Control Assistant (Former Employee) –  Town of Schodack, NYJanuary 12, 2018
This is a very fast paced job. And you can move on fairly quickly and make money. There is room for growth and different shifts to help meet your available times.
Productive and great people
Merchandising Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Biddeford, MEJanuary 11, 2018
I was there for 7 years and had the pleasure to meet some great people and get a lot of experience and learning knowledge. I was able to get Internal and External experience as well as few angles of the business like HR/Consumer Relations/Category/Merchandising.
Pros
Networking/free samples & free food
Cons
very micromanaged/ not made important
fast paced, learning opurtunities
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rutland, VTJanuary 9, 2018
always on your toes moving around, always new things to learn and plenty of chances to do so. very fun people to be around and you’ll enjoy coming to work
Hannaford
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glenville, NYJanuary 8, 2018
Enjoyed retail a lot. People here are good bosses. Promotional ladder is available. Overall great job. Busy days were rough sometimes but never too much to handle.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No Paid Time Off
Fun place to work but minimal advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Derry, NHJanuary 8, 2018
Working in customer service at hannaford is a repetitive job. The same actions are done, which keep you busy, but if not working with the right people it can be a bore. There is minimal room to move up in hannaford and once you have peaked in the store the motivation tends to dwindle, especially when the pay isnt great. Hannaford is a friendly place to work, I just found that room development and growth was lacking.
The front end has many different types of personality that fills the store when leaving.
Customer Service Leader (Current Employee) –  S Glens Falls, NYJanuary 7, 2018
* Over two years of team leadership experience of large groups over 10  people, aged 15-70.
* Ability to multitask under stressful and/or active environments.
*Ensures processes and procedures outlined in the Customer Service  strategy are implemented.
* Motivates and drives team performance, achieving the set goals, including  sales per hour and customer experience
* Providing operational floor management to ensure that there is Customer  Service
*Makes departmental decisions in the absence of Customer Service Manager
*Carts were not easy during the winter/cold also the rain.
*Loved working with some of the employees as they stood out to me in various ways.
*Loved all of the regular customers that would come in and come through my line to see me!
*I learned not to sell myself short that I am a better leader then I thought I could be, and I never let my anxiety stop me from achieving my goals.
Pros
lunches and breakfastest were provided on occasions
Cons
wish more hours were provided
Loved it!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEJanuary 7, 2018
This was a great store to work at. Everyone got along really well, and management tries their hardest to work with you for time off. It's a really welcoming environment. The only reason I left is because I found a job for what I went to school for.
pallet selector
Selector/laborer (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYJanuary 7, 2018
it was a fast paced job enjoyed the physical work load the pay was great just had to work hard to make more money . I had a good time being with the company
productive
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Valatie, NYJanuary 6, 2018
work days were good. my manager for the produce section was a great guy. became good friends with him. learned a lot about different veggies, and fruits. management for the store could have been a lot better.
Pros
good business
Cons
misconceptions from management
Some days are better than others
Service Leader Front End (Former Employee) –  Londonderry, NHJanuary 5, 2018
Most front end people tried to work together as a team. However, as stated in training, the support at the front end was frequently non-existent. As a service leader, I was required to plan work stations for all the people scheduled. The problem was that the number of staff planned to cashier and bag, did not account for the fact that I was also required to schedule breaks and lunches out of that number of people, PLUS send an employee out to get carts; even though that was not accounted for in the schedule. When I was supposed to have another register open due to the number of customers in line, there frequently no one who would answer the call to come and help.
productive
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Belfast, MEJanuary 5, 2018
productive and fun work environment/ experience. kind, helpful staff and understanding management. flexible hours and well paid along with agreeable benefits.
Great First Job
Expediter for Hannaford To Go (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHJanuary 4, 2018
Concord Hannaford was a great place to start out. I left because of the front end manager they had at the time. Everyone else was amazing. They treat their employees with respect. The store manager is the absolute best manager I have had.
Pros
Great People
Great part time job
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEJanuary 4, 2018
I worked at Hannaford as a produce associate. It was a part time job. I dealt with customers, providing a high level of customer service. I worked as a team with other workers to accomplish every day store goals.
Pros
Team building environment
Cons
Low wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hannaford. Our community is ready to answer.