Hannaford Employee Reviews

Productive and friendly environment
Customer Service/Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Biddeford, MENovember 20, 2016
Most of the associates are very friendly and willing to lend a helping hand. I have worked here for over a year and I have learned that we have products in the store that I never even knew existed.
Excellent place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  China, MENovember 20, 2016
I started working at Hannaford my junior year of high school. It was a great small store with a fun, challenging, and rewarding environment. I loved the people I worked with and most of our customers.
Fun environment, fast paced
Customer Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHNovember 16, 2016
Love this job just isn't working with my lifestyle anymore. The people are great and the company takes good care of its workers!
deplorable work enviorment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maine, MENovember 16, 2016
In the few years that I was employed for Hannaford, I saw that there was no room for any type of advancement. From what I saw, they treated their seasoned employees horrible. If you were young and beautiful, you were all set with most management.
Hannafords
Maintenance Technician/Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Enosburg Falls, VTNovember 15, 2016
The Hardest part working for hannafords is the scheduling days off and the hours bouncing between night and days.My Co workers were friendly and kind.
Very easy workload
Customer Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYNovember 15, 2016
This is an ideal job for someone with no education experience. You can start in lower positions where effort outranks experience, and make a climb to better positions with better pay.
Repetitive workflow
Night Shift Associate (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTNovember 14, 2016
Went to work around 9:00pm at night and stocked shelves until 7:00am in the morning. The job became very repetitive and the adjustment of working nights really took a toll on me. I did enjoy the other employees I worked with but most of the time you worked most the night without really talking to others. Great company but the position was just not for me.
Pros
Able to work alone most shifts, good benefits, had the daytime to handle anything I needed to handle
Cons
Had to adjust to working night shifts, pay could have been better, not a lot of interaction with co workers
Productive and Fun
Front-end supervisor (Current Employee) –  Colonie, NYNovember 14, 2016
I have a learned a lot from working at Hannaford Supermarket and it has helped me grow and gain more experience in the work place. My coworkers are amazing people, they make working there so much fun. The hardest part of my job is trying to get everyone on an agreement, some people will not like how you run things but you can not make everyone happy. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the customer leave happy and coming back next week and talking to my associates remembering the conversation they had last week.
Cant say much blah blah blah
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYNovember 11, 2016
Horrible treatment from the head manager to the assistant mgr. No communication with co-workers or crew leaders. No self control. Sterotyping people
Meet many new people and love helping people
Assistant Manager of Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHNovember 10, 2016
Very faced paced environment, goal is to make sure that every customer that leaves the store is completely satisfied. Hoping that if we give great customer service that they will come back and shop again in our store. Love helping people out and assisting them to find a product that they are looking for. I have learned a lot in the 16 plus years that I have worked there and get along with all the other associates. The hardest part of my job and trying to get everything done while trying to give the customer satisfactions. I love the associates that I am working with as I consider them another part of my family. I have watch some of the associates grow with this company and further themselves in the industry.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Not being notified of changes
Good place to start
Deli, Meat, Maintenance, Front End Associate (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MANovember 8, 2016
Hannaford is a great place to start in a retail and customer service oriented job environment. Things you learn through working with other people and with customers are things like problem solving and how to be a part of a cohesive team.
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Machias, MENovember 5, 2016
The people working there are really nice. The managers care about what is happening. They work with your schedule and try to give the time off that you request.
Awesome job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Northwood, NHOctober 29, 2016
This was the best job I've had, and I wish I didn't have to leave the business. Or I wish they had one in Montana. The crew I worked with the store manager everyone was understanding of employees having children, and everyday hiccups in life.
Great place to work.
Deli associate (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYOctober 28, 2016
It is a great company to work for. The staff is great. Management team is very helpful. The store works as a team to get tasks completed. Customer service is always above average!
Great people
Customer Service Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saugus, MAOctober 24, 2016
I loved my job very much. My boss was a great person and so was my manager. I worked all around the store and I have nothing bad to say about the people and how they treat their staff.
Boring
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEOctober 23, 2016
A typical day at hannaford is the lack of communication. No one would talk to you about work. I would work and no one talk to me and show me what I would do next it made me kind of mad. I gave them a two week notice and never shopped or went to there store. There is nothing to enjoy about this job. Some co- workers were nice and well worthy of talking to.
Great family and team atmosphere
Front End Associate (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEOctober 20, 2016
An unbelievably enjoyable place to work. Hated to leave there. Customers and coworkers were awesome. Managers were understand to their employees needs and did their best to accommodate and every opportunity
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No overtime
Nice place to work
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Belfast, MEOctober 19, 2016
Nice place to work the employees are nice but management sucks. Jobs aren't hard. Can't miss many days. Management is on my case all the time. I love the store
depends on who the managers that day are
Book keeper/customer service/cashier (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTOctober 17, 2016
they do not like to put into consideration that you have a job to make a living although it is easy to move forward if you are willing to work they don't always like to give a lot of hours. and don't really treat you with a whole lot of respect unless you suck up ALOT
fun work environment, great workers.
cashier (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, NHOctober 16, 2016
Great place to work, great outgoing people. loved working their just not enough hours. needed full time and could only get part time, but an amazing environment to be in.