Hannaford

Hannaford United States Employee Reviews

Great place to work. Great company standards.
Seafood Dept. Manager (Former Employee), Niskayuna, NYApril 27, 2015
Great associate teams right up to management. Fun days @ Hannaford. Many job duties in the seafood department with customer service, product knowledge & sanitation being the keys to success.
Great job for high schoolers or young adults to prepare them for the work field.
Customer Service Clerk (Current Employee), Essex Junction, VTApril 16, 2015
Working as customer service was a great way to prepare me for working in the hospital. Hannaford has great policies and is really kind to their employees. Great opportunity for students to work and earn a little income.
Poor pay, hours, and culture
Center Store Associate (Former Employee), Queensbury, NYApril 13, 2015
Pros: easy work
Cons: bad hours, no full time for new-hires
The job is great for someone who needs a job, at a time when there are no jobs.

There's no real chance for advancement, and, those who do have better pay/positions, don't really seem to appreciate how well-off they are. This perceived aloofness, by the average worker, on the floor, creates an aura of complacency.

Work ethic does not radiate from the base, and inspiration does not percolate from the top - there's a feeling of stagnation.
Great Place To Work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Greenwich, NYApril 12, 2015
Pros: Educational leave, company mandatory 15 minute breaks every 2.5 hours
Cons: little to no benefits unless full time
The typical day at work depends on how busy it is and what day of the week it is. I learned a lot from this job, the biggest thing that I learned would probably be how to not show that you are having a bad day in a customer service setting. The management of the store will come down to the sales floor and check out customers just like any of the cashiers. Overall the management doesn't think that they are better than the lower workers. The co-workers there are easy to get along with and very friendly. The hardest part of the job would probably be standing for long periods of time and dealing with troublesome customers. But on the flip side of things its the customers and friendly co-workers who make me want to come back to work day after day.
I LOVE Hannaford
Customer Service Leader (Former Employee), Kennebunk, MEApril 7, 2015
Pros: Wonderful company, good hours
I loved working for Hannaford. I was always happy going into work, They treat their employees very well. I learned leadership and much more. Management was amazing and helped with life problems as well. Co-workers were awesome to work with.
Job can range from basic part time to full time management advancement
Overnight stock crew (Former Employee), Sanford, MEApril 1, 2015
Pros: Various positions, flexible hours, advancement
Cons: Management frequently changes, most jobs routine
I simply worked the overnight stock position. As a job itself, it was ok and straightforward. However, Hannaford does offer career advancement for those interested. Thus, this job can be as basic as you want it, or can lead to new careers.
N/A
Cashier/Bagger/Runner (Former Employee), Taunton, MAMarch 23, 2015
Wonderful experience all over, Great customer service experience, great Coworker relations and same with management.
Not good managers
Assistant Deli Manager (Former Employee), Duanesburg, NYMarch 23, 2015
Pros: good pay flexible with schedule
Cons: depends on which store you work in some managers do not respect the older generation
Told your going to be trained to advance in company and then it never occurs. In beginning of service with the company things were fine.
Its a fun place to work with a lot of learning
Deli/Bakery Associate (Current Employee), Duanesburg, NYMarch 17, 2015
Pros: The people
Cons: Drama
Working at Hannaford has been great and full of learning. Its a great place to work and have fun at your job. Working with Hannaford I was able to learn how to do the orders so we get product in. My co-workers are fun to work with but there tends to be a lot of drama.
Overall, pleasant place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Valatie, NYMarch 13, 2015
Pros: my co-workers
Cons: carts, not enough hours
A typical day at work would include cashing out customers, bagging their groceries, answering any questions, and doing carts. The management staff was very cooperative with certain situations. I enjoyed working with most of my co-workers. I became good friends with most my age.
productive
Sales Associate/Maintenance (Former Employee), Leominster, MAMarch 11, 2015
got to meat and talk/help costumers find items they are looking for in a timely manor. make new friends with my coworkers. get a steady rate of hours
MEETING NEW PEOPLE EVERYDAY
Customer Service (Former Employee), Rochester, NHMarch 7, 2015
WHEN HANNAFORD WAS BOUGHT BY DELHAIZE LITTLE BY LITTLE WE LOST MORE BENEFITS. I WAS LEFT ALONE MOST OF THE TIME TAKING IN A LOT OF MONEY SOMETIMES ABOUT A 5,000. WESTERN UNION WAS VERY STRESSFUL SO YOUR TILL WOULD NOT BE SHORT. CSM'S TALKING PERSONEL TALK WHILE YOU HAVE A LINE OF CUSTOMERS.
ok place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Albany, NyFebruary 27, 2015
Hannaford is an ok place to work. They do not give reasonable raises . Management varies depending on what store you work at.
fun workplace
Assistant Seafood Manager (Former Employee), Lunenburg, MAFebruary 19, 2015
It is a good company overall to work for. The hardest part of the job is that sometimes it becomes more important than your home life.
great employees
Seafood Associate (Former Employee), Norwell, MAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: employees
Cons: front end manager
learned a lot about seafood, great at cashier, got a lot quicker at stocking, great customer service, was really helpful to customers, always got work done by the end of shift
Good place to start out a job. Healthy work environment. Good human interaction.
Kids Club Associate (Current Employee), Manchester, NHFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: occasional coupons, associate appreciation
Cons: short breaks, demanding job
A typical day at work is going in and fulfilling my job requirements as needed. My co-workers are pleasant as I am friends with most of them. The hardest part of the job is the carriages. The easiest part of the job is helping out customers.
A Great First Job, But Not A Career
Bookkeeper / Service Leader (Current Employee), Waterville, MEFebruary 1, 2015
I most enjoy the customer service aspect of the job. Interacting and providing excellent customer service to customers is a skill of mine. I do also like the bookkeeping aspect of my job. I'm really good at numbers and cash handling, so I found it very easy and satisfying. Also, I enjoyed the challenges sometimes that were imposed when lines didn't match up, or etc. Hannaford was a great place to start my work experience, but I'm looking to go further.
Productive and fun workspace
Cashier (Former Employee), Portland, MEJanuary 12, 2015
Cons: late on releasing us for lunch, break, ext.
I learned that no matter how horrible or wrong a customer is you must treat them with respect and help them any way possible.

The management was ok. They were always there when I needed them, but I feel like they weren't acting as a team with us.

My co-workers didn't really talk much. I feel like you should be able to talk to your co-workers but not so much you take away from customer service.
Fast paced work enviornment with great employees
Hannaford Associate (Former Employee), VermontJanuary 7, 2015
Never a dull moment in a grocery store. There is always plenty to do and lots of customers to help. The best part of the job was having great co workers and many friendly customers. The hardest part of the job was staying motivated to do the same thing day after day. It is a great place to work while going to school because they can be very flexible in writing schedules to fit your needs.
Good workplace and management
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Clifton Park, NYJanuary 3, 2015
I enjoyed working here because they had a cukture where they helped their employees meet their goals and would listen to you when you had problems or other concerns. Friendly staff as well

1 2 3 4 5

About Hannaford

Hannaford Bros. may have started as a fruit and vegetable stand in 1883, but it has expanded from its Maine roots to become an – Read more

Hannaford Salaries